[Serious Applicants Only!] Classic Fantasy. Lengthy Read.

Started by Sabby, December 01, 2008, 12:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

The idea for this is simple, and there's a lot of room for feed back and fleshing out. But first, some back story...

A young Princess is to be crowned Queen. The land has been ruled ever since its founding by the "Loved Bloodline" a line of kings and queens who are loved by their people, who truly care about them, from peasants to the royal families, and who often will walk without guard in the streets with normal clothing, like any other citizen.

It is said that their blood 'Sings' and that all around them feel at ease, peaceful and confident, and many of the line have performed fantastic miracles, like pushing back floods to save farming lands and collapsing the cliff sides of the coasts to defend from an invasion.

However, their greatest miracle was the lighting of the Guardian Pyre's, 37 castles around the border of the land, which houses an eternally burning flame. This was to ward off the enemies that drove them away long ago, viscous and sadistic lizard like people, the Saladine. To walk in these Pyre's like is to experience an agonizing death.

All of these wondrous acts are made possible by the Guardians Eye, a crystal sphere that was said to once be the Eye of the creature that guarded this land, when it was cursed and dead. It was the first of Loved Bloodline that defeated the creature, and unconsciously worked the First Miracle, which healed the land and brought life back to it.

Ever since then, those that the Guardians Eye would sing for were loved by their people and ruled fairly, unconsciously drawing on the Eye's power to work many great and small Miracles. Now, the current King is old and ready to step down so his daughter can take the throne. She will use her blood and the Eye to restoke the Pyre's and assume her place as the next Queen.

Okay, backstory is over... at the ceremony, human agents won over by the Saladine make an attempt on her life and her family. While the attack is thought successful, the Pyre's remain, and the Saladine's invasion cannot proceed as planned. The only conclusion is that the Loved Bloodline has not been eradicated yet. The young Princess survived the attack, carried by her personal body guard and boated away from the castle. Her throat has been torn out by the arrow that would have claimed her life, leaving her mute and her powerful magic damaged and difficult to call on.

The Pyre's are slowly dying. The story will follow her, her young, brave knight, and an Elvin archer that tried to rob them, trying to get back to the castle to reignite the Pyre's before they blink out. Many of the Saladine have now found they can bare the Pyre's light, but are driven to insanity by it. The few that have braved it are now the ones in control of the castle, whilst more Mad Saladine and human Agents hunt the trio tirelessly.

HERE is the catch... a very deadly enemy has been sent after them. A creature of Necromancy thought impossible by the humans, to be of myths told to frighten children. A Soul Sapper.

This creature is a deadly, efficient killer, highly intelligent and gifted with great speed. Tall, thin, with long, retractable tusk like weapons on its arms, it will hunt her down and end the Bloodline, and anything else in its way. But what makes it so frightening, is killing it is thought to be impossible... You can destroy its body, but you will only incapacitate it. It sucks energy from all things, and its tissue will regrow. Often times, these 'Revivals' will sap warm from the air and extinguish any open flames nearby.

They will be fleeing from an enemy that cannot be killed, only slowed, running from it and against the clock, into the ravenous maws of maddened Saladine, the Mute Princess ready to spill her blood on the Eye and give life back to the Pyre's.

I would like to control the Soul Sapper and act as GM. The Thief, Knight and Princess would be the positions available.

Inkidu

I would like to play the knight, if it's still applicable.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Considering its been up 20 minutes ^__^ I've never gamed with you before though, and I reserve the right to be insanely picky with this one XD so do you think you can see this through to the last page?

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on December 01, 2008, 12:54:33 PM
Considering its been up 20 minutes ^__^ I've never gamed with you before though, and I reserve the right to be insanely picky with this one XD so do you think you can see this through to the last page?
I can definitely finish out an role play, but I mean I can maybe make at the least one post a day. Any absences that I can foresee will be appropriately documented as well.   
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Phaia

Will this be Freeform or a system?
Will the princess at some point be able to talk?

I would love to be a part of this.

Phaia

Sabby

It will be freeform, but I try to keep things interesting and spontaneous, like with system. There will be plenty of escape/action scenes, so I'll keep things from getting stale.

So Inkidu = Bodyguards

Phaia = Princess

Inkidu

Phaia

what sort of abilities does or would the princess have..ie combat skills? magic skills? clerical skills?
I have some ideas for images depending on certain things.

Phaia

Sabby

She would have fairly typical DnD style magic, which relies heavily on vocals... which would pose a problem. She can still summon up spells, but they can back fire. As for the type of magic, that can be left to you :)

The other kind is Miracles. She has no control over those. They're things that just happen.

Inkidu

If the princess is mute (Almost said dumb... typed. XD) how are she and the guard supposed to talk? Oh and is there anything I have to know about the guard's character?

Phaia

a problem i was wondering about as well
begins to limit responces....not that i cant handle not talking...sorta like being gagged but after a while it would get trying for everyone

Phaia

Sabby

The mute thing was in my head from the start, because of her position. A powerful woman, set up to be a great and fair leader, a beacon of hope, and now appearing so helpless. Her injury was a way to get that going.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on December 01, 2008, 08:54:40 PM
The mute thing was in my head from the start, because of her position. A powerful woman, set up to be a great and fair leader, a beacon of hope, and now appearing so helpless. Her injury was a way to get that going.
I have no problem with her being mute. That's one of the things that attracted me. I don't care if she stays mute through the whole thing. (Phaia might not feel the same way) I just want to know is there a way to develop some sort of communication (I thought writing it out.)

Phaia

* Phaia makes hand gestures...chopping motions

Mmmmmaaaaggggrrraaaaannnn!!
* Phaia makes bigger hand gestures and chopping motions and points behind the knight !!

Phaia

Inkidu

Quote from: Phaia on December 01, 2008, 09:29:49 PM
* Phaia makes hand gestures...chopping motions

Mmmmmaaaaggggrrraaaaannnn!!
* Phaia makes bigger hand gestures and chopping motions and points behind the knight !!

Phaia
Hey that works! What about my other question? Anything special regarding my character?

Phaia

lol almost feel like i have a big ball gag for this

Phaia

Sabby

Sorry for the weight. A combination of sleep, work and the Red Ring of Death interfered.

Give me an idea of your characters :) just so I know what wave length your both on.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on December 02, 2008, 09:08:16 AM
Sorry for the weight. A combination of sleep, work and the Red Ring of Death interfered.

Give me an idea of your characters :) just so I know what wave length your both on.
Well I need to know what you're looking for in a knight besides the whole loyal to the crown thing. Specific flaws, strengths, etc. Is he pious. I like to know what I can't do before I make my character. This is your show, Sabb.

Sabby

I feel like a control freak if I tell people how their characters should be made, but I can throw a template there I guess :) remember, this is a very different kind of Crown. Think of all in the Loved Bloodline as Jesus instead of snobbish royalty.

I see the bodyguard as someone who excelled in his field and was chosen for the Princess' bodyguard at an early age (maybe early 20's, so still a young buck) but got all these credentials outside of the capitol, and has never been there before, so has never really felt the Singing of the blood or the Eye, or its effects. Polite, if a bit simple, professional, but still charming... would be his first day when the game starts and the attack commences.

Inkidu

Okay, I can do that. So the game starts on the attack.

Phaia

inkidu come into irc i have some ideas for the story wanted to talk with ya about

Phaia

Sabby

You're enthusiastic for someone who's about to get an arrow/slug/bolt/bullet/ball of magical fire ants right through the throat XD

Inkidu

I don't know how to IRC anyways. Sorry Sabbat it's finals week but I'll get to you my character definitely tomorrow.

Inkidu

Quote from: Inkidu on December 02, 2008, 05:45:41 PM
I don't know how to IRC anyways. Sorry Sabbat it's finals week but I'll get to you my character definitely tomorrow.
Still going?

Sabby

Maybe I should write up a nice prelude while we wait for everyone to figure themselves out :)