Suicide Squad: Take 2

Started by Kadigan, September 07, 2015, 06:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caradoc

I'll try to have Manhunter up by Friday evening.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Garuss Vakarian

Adding another well needed chick into the mix. xD Let me know if she is ok.

Code Name: Shimmer

Description: A petite, fiery red head with blue eyes. Her hair is typically left short or in a pixie cut. Though she has been known to cut her hair in bolder styles, from shaven to even a half hawk. Very athletic, with a models tight curves and a cute bubble but and C cup breasts. She is typically dressed in punk or scene attire.

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:
Has no exceptional strength or combat ability, in fact she relied on her brother, Mammoth's, strength for the most part. Her main contribution to battle, is her metahuman powers. Of which, are quite  powerful. Laugh at the prospect, but with imagination her powers are quite effective, deadly, and powerful.

Transmutation: Shimmer has the ability to transmute matter. She can literally change the state of matter, of any object within a 3 foot vacinity of her. From tables, to wall's, to whole houses. And while these effects do not last longer then three minutes, they can still be quite effective in any given situation. In a chase? Allow her to turn the bridge into snow flakes for you. In fact one of her favored methods of self defense, is turning solid wall's into lethal gas. The implications are staggering, as long as they are used wisely. After all, her powers can deter the teams efforts, if she accidentally poisoned them all. Weakness: If her hands are held or bound, she cant activate her powers effectively. In most cases, not at all.

Major Crimes of Note:
Formed the furious five.
Master thief

Personality:
Shimmer is a strong minded and cunning women. A thief by trade, she knows just how to get what she wants. But, while she has a strong personality, she is not exceptionally courageous. Thats where Mammoth usually came in. He was her brawn, while she was obviously the brain of the pair.Though she does not abuse her brother’s unquestioning loyalty toward her, as she truly loves him. It is just that, Shimmer is certainly not a fighter. So it is more, Mammoth and her rely on each other. ; while she hates the Titans due to various defeats, she’d rather remain a thief than fight super-powered battle's. Which is why her current predicament with the Squad, is not the kind of game she wants to play. Or team she wants to be in...

History:
Selinda Flinders and her brother Baran Flinders are natives of Australia. They were teased by their fellow classmates for being different. As children, they both used their powers to fight their tormentors. Because of this, they were driven out of town by the angry and frightened parents. Selinda and Baran's parents sent them off to the country of Markovia, where they were put in the care of scientist Dr. Helga Jace. While it was thought she wanted to develop their powers and make them forces for good, the subsequent revelation that Jace was a Manhunter agent casts a strong doubt on her real motivations ; what is certain, however, is that she made Selinda and Baran much more powerful.  Dr. Jace tried to teach the young mutants a sense of morality, the two instead had turned to a life of crime. This is ultimately by unknown circumstances, possibly Jace’s machinations caused the siblings to become criminals? None the less, As Shimmer, Selinda was one of the founding members of the Fearsome Five, which she joined after answering an advert placed in the Underworld Star by Doctor Light. Shimmer and the Fearsome Five fought with the Teen Titans on numerous occasions, as well as Superman, but never successfully so.

Caradoc

Manhunter

Former Aliases: Star Tsar, Privateer
Height: 6'2
Weight: 210
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Group Affiliation: Former member of the Manhunters, former member Justice League of America, occasional associate of the Suicide Squad, former member of Shadow Fighters

History: Mark Shaw was a prosecutor who got tired of seeing criminals walk free. His uncle took advantage of this and brought Mark into the cult of the Manhunters, telling Mark they were a force for good. Mark was conditioned by the Manhunters, even placed under their control a times. Eventually, he realized he was on the wrong side and turned on them.

But they’d warped a part of his mind, and he felt a need for power. In a convoluted scheme, Shaw developed the identities of the Star Tsar, a criminal, and the Privateer, a hero. Shaw even joined the Justice League as the Privateer, seeking to infiltrate them and destroy them from within. Red Tornado figured out what he was doing and the League stopped his plan, sending him to prison.

Years later, Shaw was recruited into the Suicide Squad, given a chance to earn his freedom. He helped the Squad against his old foes, the Manhunters, during the Millennium event. He was one of the few Waller actually let go. Shaw began operating as Manhunter. He claimed to be a bounty hunter, going after villains, but he frequently ends up doing the right thing in spite of himself.

At one point, Shaw was reportedly killed by Eclipso. Eventually (and unconvincingly in my opinion), the was revealed to be a scheme by Sarge Steel and Amanda Waller.

In his guise as a bounty hunter and even occasional mercenary, Shaw was contacted again by Amanda Waller and is serving with the Squad again, keeping the criminals on mission and limited their collateral damage as best he can.

Powers: None

Abilities: Shaw has a brilliant, driven mind. His ability to plan scheme was part of what attracted Waller’s attention in the first place. He’s very observant and intelligent. He is a skilled tracker of both people and animals, in rural and urban environments, an ability Waller finds attractive in his new role with the Squad. Shaw is a highly skilled hand to hand combatant, and adept with many weapons.

Weapons/Equipment: Shaw’s mask has several types of sensors in it, low-light capability, and protection from flash grenades and the like. His power baton can be used as a staff and converts to nunchuks. It also has other functions, including a magnetic pulse to repel metallic weapons, grappling hook, retractable blade, and sonic weapon nearly as effective as Black Canary’s Canary cry. His costume is armored and padded.

So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Kadigan

Shimmer and Shaw look good as well.

RampantDesires

*twitches her nose thoughtfully*

Since there are so many players and characters now would it be possible to open up another place to post IC?  I fear that waiting around for everyone to loop through on the mission post will take weeks (or at the very least a full week assuming that one player posts every day to the thread).

Maybe a thread for back at Belle Reve interactions, training scenes or ... something?

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: RampantDesires on September 26, 2015, 12:03:14 AM
*twitches her nose thoughtfully*

Since there are so many players and characters now would it be possible to open up another place to post IC?  I fear that waiting around for everyone to loop through on the mission post will take weeks (or at the very least a full week assuming that one player posts every day to the thread).

Maybe a thread for back at Belle Reve interactions, training scenes or ... something?

I second this idea.