News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mass Effect 3 Release!!!

Started by SilentGemini, March 06, 2012, 05:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I just wanted my FemShepard to go find a little planet somewhere to settled down and have little blue babies on. :D

Solstice

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 05, 2012, 01:47:44 PM
I just wanted my FemShepard to go find a little planet somewhere to settled down and have little blue babies on. :D

I know, right? :z
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

Erato

I kept hoping Liara would take some of Shepherd's DNA and just get preggers so she'd have a Shep baby if he/she died.

I seduced Garrus though. Who can resist that hot Turian tail!?
In the game of chess the Queen protects the King.

Geeklet

I can resist it. Had to stay faithful to Liara. I think it kinda worked out better in the end, anyway, since:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Garrus and Tali do make a cute couple.

SinXAzgard21

I just wanted a decent ending.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Cold Heritage

I never felt the appeal of the Turians, myself.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Erato

I did play as a guy once just to hook up with Tali. I never pick the human. :)
In the game of chess the Queen protects the King.

Sasquatch421

And here I have yet to finish Mass Effect 2...

Laughing Hyena

And just to be different.

Catalyst: What is your name?
Shep: Commander Shepard.
Catalyst: What is your quest?
Shep: To destroy the Reapers.
Catalyst: What is your favorite color?
Shep: Green. No re- AGGGGGHHHH!!!

Semantics

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on April 17, 2012, 01:18:10 AM
And just to be different.

Catalyst: What is your name?
Shep: Commander Shepard.
Catalyst: What is your quest?
Shep: To destroy the Reapers.
Catalyst: What is your favorite color?
Shep: Green. No re- AGGGGGHHHH!!!

So thaaaaaat's what happened.  Makes much more sense now.

I had trouble formulating and typing that, because I cannot look directly at your words lest I start fighting back chortles and laughs.  Good show.

Rex Pacis

Just beat it today......the ending didn't bother me too much. Maybe I'm missing something?

The catalyst looked like that kid cause it was responding to Shepard's brain patterns I guess. A machine would not care about "humanely" putting down what it deemed chaos it would do it in the most efficient manner i.e. The Reapers. I got the ending where organic and synthetic life are joined and yea maybe it is a bit comic booky but the crucible was that "X" factor so what if it also had the power of God. xD I think people are not giving the next evolution of life much credit if they actually think they are going to die off because the mass effect relays were destroyed. They can all hypothetically have the knowledge of a Reaper inside them so they will rebuild. Even in the other endings there is still hope. At that point life has fought off a system made to efficiently destroy them you think they are just going to call it quits? They all know about Mass Effect/Relay technology and how it used to be. Give them some credit. A little more closure would have been nice but I don't see the need for all the rage. They pretty much told you Shep was going to die. To me the only question is who built the Citadel if the Reapers were built by the Catalyst or is the Catalyst an extension of the Reaper sentience?
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

TyKing

I hated the endings. I felt cheated and I think Bioware owes me a different option. I'm not saying this because I feel entitled but because I've supported them through the entire trilogy, buying ALL of their games and ALL of their DLC. I've dropped some serious cash for the product and I believe I have a right to be dissatisfied with what I received. If you think about it in terms of consumerism, if so many people had been displeased with a product from any other sector of our economy, there would have been a recall of the product and consumers would have been compensated for it. If I could have gotten a complete refund I would have gladly taken that game back to Gamestop. But I can't do that because the gaming industry doesn't think consumer norms should apply to them. And Gamestop is Babylon, but we knew this.

Inkidu

Quote from: TyKing on April 18, 2012, 08:15:09 AM
I hated the endings. I felt cheated and I think Bioware owes me a different option. I'm not saying this because I feel entitled but because I've supported them through the entire trilogy, buying ALL of their games and ALL of their DLC. I've dropped some serious cash for the product and I believe I have a right to be dissatisfied with what I received. If you think about it in terms of consumerism, if so many people had been displeased with a product from any other sector of our economy, there would have been a recall of the product and consumers would have been compensated for it. If I could have gotten a complete refund I would have gladly taken that game back to Gamestop. But I can't do that because the gaming industry doesn't think consumer norms should apply to them. And Gamestop is Babylon, but we knew this.
Yeah... no. Try getting a full refund for a book whose ending you don't like, despite liking the series prior. It's not going to happen. Same principle.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

TyKing

Books, games and music all fall into the same category. So your statement doesn't work but at least try and think about it from another perspective rather than immediately slamming me.

Inkidu

Quote from: TyKing on April 18, 2012, 08:28:35 AM
Books, games and music all fall into the same category. So your statement doesn't work but at least try and think about it from another perspective rather than immediately slamming me.
How does it not work? It works fine. You can't ask for your money back when a movie sucks, you can't demand that an artist change the song because you don't like it (well, you could, but again good luck), and you can't demand your money back from an author because the ending blows.

The obvious is that it's subjective. I like the ending to ME3 because it leaves so much of what happens up to my imagination and doesn't have to spoon feed me every ounce of closure. More than just being subjective is that it's art. You pay to take the risk on something, and if you don't get your money tough. However, art works on risk. We all like our franchises but what about that first initial purchase. No matter how much research you do there's always that element of risk involved. It's why there are fans in the first place.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Rex Pacis

So just cause you didn't like the endings you feel cheated? You wouldn't have supported them to this point if you did not enjoy the product right? I don't think any of us can say ME 3 was a bad game, gameplay and story-wise regardless of the ending they chose to go with.

I bought all the DLC, which is more then skins and map packs thank you Bioware. And if Shepard and Harbringer high-fived and sailed off into the Sun as pals randomly cause Harbringer and the other Reapers had a "change of programming" then yea I would have been pissed too but it would not devalue the rest of the experience to me. Lair of the Shadow Broker was great and I rather enjoyed the Kasumi mission myself and the character. I only missed the DLC for ME 1 cause I never owned it. It would get a big asterisk with the skipping pals ending but everything else up to that point was pretty great IMHO.

Anywho to go with an old trend I thought was pretty cool.

Rick Shepard was an Earthborn orphan who took to a life a crime early before the Alliance offered him an exit from the gang life. Early on in his military career Shepard and his fellow soldiers found themselves in an impossible situation surrounded by Batarian slavers on Elysium. Shepard risked everything to save what was left of his squad practically holding off the slavers single-handed, earning himself medals and recognition along the way and entry into the N7 program. Contrary to his upbringing, as his reputation and influence grew Shepard always held to a rather strong sense of justice sparing who he could when he could but not afraid to pull the trigger when he felt the need. A vanguard of the paragon with just a splash of renegade was how he was described by some. This showed in his style of battle as he bravely charged his enemies head on with only his Scorpion, Geth Shotgun, a desperate will to live, and faith in his barriers since he rarely touched his medigel. He firmly believes that the only way to stop the Reapers is for all life to stand against them as one. He has seen the advantages each race can bring in the melting pot that he lovingly calls Normandy and will fight to his last breath to protect them and it. Now if only the rest of the galaxy would get its act together he might have a chance to settle down with the lovely Miss Lawson since Commander Williams turned her back on him when he was with Cerberus. A genetically made woman, that can't bear children, whose mate is one of the greatest soldiers the galaxy has ever seen. They can't have kids you say? Solid Shepard says....itch please!
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Rex Pacis

I wish I had my editing power so sorry for the double post. As far as gameplay I'm not talking about the boatload of bugs because believe me they frustrate me too but ME has evolved mechanics-wise with everyone that came out. The core was still there, typical Bioware game, but the combat rolls and melee revamp changed the game-play drastically especially for someone playing Vanguard for example. That is not even mentioning the set-pieces of having a damn Reaper in the background while you try to take out a Banshee or Brute. It might have gone out with a fizzle in some people's opinion but it had a steady boom throughout I think.

Geeklet

Quote from: TyKing on April 18, 2012, 08:15:09 AM
If you think about it in terms of consumerism, if so many people had been displeased with a product from any other sector of our economy, there would have been a recall of the product and consumers would have been compensated for it.

Show me one product that was RECALLED due to customers not enjoying it. I've only seen a recall on items found defective (a part not working the way it should in cars, salmonella found in a certain batch of food, a choking hazard on a child's toy, etc.). The scenario you describe, if someone is displeased with a product, sometimes refunds are available, sometimes not, but usually, if you don't see the product any more, its because consumers have spoken with their wallets, and not purchased it anymore.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Geeklet on April 18, 2012, 01:32:35 PM
Show me one product that was RECALLED due to customers not enjoying it. I've only seen a recall on items found defective (a part not working the way it should in cars, salmonella found in a certain batch of food, a choking hazard on a child's toy, etc.). The scenario you describe, if someone is displeased with a product, sometimes refunds are available, sometimes not, but usually, if you don't see the product any more, its because consumers have spoken with their wallets, and not purchased it anymore.

You know.. show me one piece of software that has been recalled. I think software, in general not specifically ME3, has gotten more and more buggy over the years and I have to wonder how much damage has been done by buggy software.

Well.. my wandering off on a tangent done... anyone know if they added anything to the SINGLE player game with the new DLC?

TyKing

Quote from: Inkidu on April 18, 2012, 08:47:11 AM
How does it not work? It works fine. You can't ask for your money back when a movie sucks, you can't demand that an artist change the song because you don't like it (well, you could, but again good luck), and you can't demand your money back from an author because the ending blows.

The obvious is that it's subjective. I like the ending to ME3 because it leaves so much of what happens up to my imagination and doesn't have to spoon feed me every ounce of closure. More than just being subjective is that it's art. You pay to take the risk on something, and if you don't get your money tough. However, art works on risk. We all like our franchises but what about that first initial purchase. No matter how much research you do there's always that element of risk involved. It's why there are fans in the first place.

Who says you can't ask for your money back if a movie sucks? I have. I've walked out of movies that have sucked (after the first ten minutes, I didn't stay and watch the entire thing) and demanded a refund and was given my money or given free tickets to another.

Books, music and games all are sold with the idea that there's no refunds because by playing them, breaking the furrow or tearing off their shiny wrappers their value has degraded. So asking for a refund for a book would be like asking for a refund for a game because it doesn't have the 'newness' of another. But I don't think that's true because games look they same no matter what and if they're in mint condition they are just as valuable as the one on the shelf. The only one who is telling you it isn't is the industry who doesn't want to give you a full refund for a game if you are dissatisfied.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not up their every time trying to get my money back on every game I dislike because of awful mechanics or too many bugs or because the content failed to live up to my expectations. If that was the case I'd never buy a Bethesda game ever again. But as a consumer I have the right to say, 'This product didn't deliver an enjoyable experience. It didn't deliver the RPG experience it promised. The ending was terrible and I would like to see some more options.' I have the right to tell Bioware that and so do any others who felt the same and supported them from ME1, hell anyone who bought the game can say that. I didn't expect there to be DLC to change the ending but I'm glad there is. I'm glad Bioware and EA have the decency to realize some folks weren't pleased and they are attempting to make that right with consumers.

Isn't that the type of world we all want to live in? Where we have some say and aren't just expected to take everything and pay hard earned cash for a product we aren't satisfied with? I don't know about anyone else but I work damn hard for my pay and I'm not going to just give it up for a product, game or otherwise, where I feel I receive less than what I paid for it. I can appreciate the 'art for the sake of art' argument but even artists know where their patronage originates and play, paint etc towards their audiences. If they didn't, most of the great works of art from the Renaissance and the folowing periods wouldn't exist.

You're part of the group who liked the ending, that's fine with me. I can accept your POV about why you liked it. I find there's a tendency among people who liked the ending of ME3 to run-down or try and malign fans who didn't. I don't know why that is. I've had people say 'well it's war it can't be all puppies and daisies..' I didn't ask for a puppy or a daisy.     

Destiny Ascension

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 18, 2012, 02:30:28 PM
Well.. my wandering off on a tangent done... anyone know if they added anything to the SINGLE player game with the new DLC?

Speaking of the Resurgence 'expansion'? Nothing to the single player, so far as I'm aware, all that was added were new multiplayer characters, new weapons and new maps. And I think a couple of weapon mods.
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Geeklet

Quote from: TyKing on April 18, 2012, 04:07:23 PM
Who says you can't ask for your money back if a movie sucks? I have. I've walked out of movies that have sucked (after the first ten minutes, I didn't stay and watch the entire thing) and demanded a refund and was given my money or given free tickets to another.

I think there is a difference between the situation you describe, and sitting through an entire movie, only to wait and ask for a refund after it was over.

Inkidu

Quote from: Geeklet on April 18, 2012, 04:37:52 PM
I think there is a difference between the situation you describe, and sitting through an entire movie, only to wait and ask for a refund after it was over.
That or they're nice people. They're are not obligated in any way to provide a refund with customers dissatisfied with the movie they show. Maybe it's the theater's policy?

Geeklet

Rex Pacis

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on April 18, 2012, 04:24:57 PM
Speaking of the Resurgence 'expansion'? Nothing to the single player, so far as I'm aware, all that was added were new multiplayer characters, new weapons and new maps. And I think a couple of weapon mods.

The only other thing I have heard about, speaking of the ending, is this Extended Cut thing.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_3:_Extended_Cut

I doubt it will add any new squad members or missions but because people were pissed it it is supposed to provide "closure" on Shepard's story.