Freeform bundle of holding

Started by Thufir Hawat, February 14, 2014, 07:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thufir Hawat

I think many GMs can learn from the games in the new Bundle of Holding, which is called, accurately enough, American Freeform.
So I'm leaving the link here, visit it and you can decide for yourself whether to purchase it, the minimum level sure is cheap enough.
http://bundleofholding.com/index/current

Diclaimer, I am in no way affiliated with Bundle of Holding, its owner or the designers in the American Freeform games, except as a customer ;D!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Ebb

This is a really good deal. Some really excellent designers have their work represented here.

Some people might be more familiar with the term "larp" rather than "freeform", though one could argue endlessly about categories and distinctions. Close enough for government work, though. Some larp scenarios would work really well for forum games, actually, given the relatively light mechanics and the easy ability on a forum to have side conversations or private discussions.

Thufir Hawat

LARP, not to be confused with LAPD, isn't always freeform, though >:). AFAICT, all the games in this bundle of diceless set-ups that offer structure for playing the game you've planned, which might be useful to other people wanting a similar game.
Either way we can agree that most of them, and probably all but I haven't read them, would work on a forum as well.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!