The Dead Walk Among Us (A Zombie Horror/Drama Game)

Started by Darkcide, October 23, 2010, 12:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkcide

The Dead Walk Among Us

Yes, we have another zombie survivor game. I had to create one, being a huge fan of The Walking Dead series and in honor of the show starting in a week. Basically, with this game I'm going for a dramatic/horror tone. That means it will be less action based in comparison to a lot of other zombie games, and I'm going for a more realistic sort of game. I also don't want to sound elitist, and I am not by my own admission near the best writer on the site even when I put my all into posts. However I pretty much want people who are better writers, and are capable of giving stronger posts. I think it will help the game & story immensely if everyone is able to give stronger posts. I apologize if that sounds elitist or like something a douchebag would say lol. Dynamic and realized characters means I get to make their lives hell more and feel more fulfilled in giving them arcs. I also ask that everyone read everything posted so we don't have any miscommunication, I also hope that  I answered a lot of potential questions in this post.

The Plot
It is unknown what happened, but  yesterday the outbreak happened. The dead were rising and infecting the living. Nobody could have been prepared for what happened, and by the time the government could have responded? It was almost too late. Several major cities were hit, and the infection is spreading like wildfire. Analysts think it won't be long until the dead outnumber the living.

This story will have a prologue of sorts, that will begin with the first few days of infection. What this will be intended to do is to set up the given circumstances and allow the characters to interact and to get into a group. Once the prologue is finished? The real meat of the game will pick up with the group a few months later.

The Setting
The game will start off in Michigan, but the group is going to be roaming so there is no telling where they'll wind up after the prologue. The initial location is going to be a small hole in the wall motel. Think up reasons as to why you'd be there.

The Dead
They will come in many different flavors. Initially depending on the state of wear in their muscles? You'll either get the classic slower Romero zombies, or the more recent runners. I do plan on having them eventually mutate over time. So keep your eyes peeled. The only way to truly kill them is to destroy the brain, beheading will render the body useless but the head can still bite.

The zombies are intended to be more terrifying in here. Keep that in mind when you post, I will not be controlling all of the zombies lol. Just remember that we will not be slicing through them like butter, and if a horde comes? You get out of there like a bat out of hell.

The zombies don't tire, they recognize nothing from their previous lives, the players wouldn't know this but they mostly track by scent. They won't starve out, but eventually their bodies will deteriorate. The problem with that? They have a rather long shelf life.

What I'm Looking For:
-I will ask if anyone would like to help me run this by the way, my schedule can get hectic from time to time and I want to ensure that this game has a long shelf life. Not to mention it will run a lot smoother, if you're going to help run this with me? You'll still be able to have a character, but we will need to correspond routinely. Not to mention that way any ideas we have? They won't clash with one another.
-8-12 people in the group, I want the male-female ratio to be pretty even. So if say 5 other guys sign up? I will close off the spots for guys.
-Psychology, what makes your person tick? How do they respond to the events of what is going on around them? What drives them?
-All of the characters, will have to be approved. Realism is a must, not everyone will be a skilled killer. Hell, most people won't. Everyone in the group won't even initially have weapons or know how to use them. That is going to be a plot point that shows up later.
-Make real people, that is the best advice I can give. Balance is needed, and some people can fight. Someone might have been a doctor or a nurse. Someone might be a good mechanic. The possibilities are endless.
-No current soldier characters, I will allow one soldier at the most. If that was the case? Your service had to have ended at least 5 years before starting time. This will be another plot point. Otherwise, I will allow up to 2 characters who were involved in law enforcement.
-At the start only three characters at the most will have access to firearms. It'll be a pistol of some kind, and you will be very limited in regards to ammo. That is for the police, I will allow the person who either owns or works at the motel access to a shotgun. (The cops will have in all 19 bullets apiece. One clip, with one in the chamber. Along with a back up clip. The shotgun wielder? They'll have enough rounds for 4 shots.)
-If you want to be an "other", let me know. Don't create a profile yet though. If you are interested in being an other you will need to talk to me over PM so I can give you the given circumstances and you'll have to understand you won't come into play for awhile.
-I'm open to character deaths, if you at any point want to kill off one of your characters? PM me and we will discuss how, and I'm also open to new characters joining the survivors at a later date.
-If you want? You can even play as someone who is meant to be a redshirt. Your entire point is to die or get close to the group and then die. I'm a fan of character deaths, it makes for better drama.
-The remains of the armed forces? They'll play into this game much later down the line, I'm sure if you're hip to zombie fiction you'll have some ideas. The others in here? Will be a nasty bunch. Just so you know.

Character Spots:

Cops-2 (You two will be partners, and you were in the area. You were transporting a prisoner.)
-Venom09
-Writersblockade

Motel Employee/Owner (This doesn't have to be your only job by the way, it is just what you're doing at the start.)
-Zhu Que

Medic/Doctor/Nurse/Student (The group will need someone with this sort of knowledge. What you do? It is in regards to your age. The younger you are? The less experienced and trained you'll be.)
-Glyphstone

Other Spots
-Darkcide
-Damnedangel
-Photo
-Zarazel
-Rachubka
-Gravik
-Redryder
-

Name:
Height/Weight:
Ethnicity:
Sexuality:
Appearance(Picture):
Appearance(Written):
Distinctive Features:
Education:
Items:(You won't know there is a zombie infestation, this is what you have with you at the start of this whole thing at the hotel)
Personality:
Skills:
Flaws:
Ambition:
Short Biography:
Turn Ons/Offs:

Name: Dante Simmons
Height/Weight: 6'2"/220 lbs.
Ethnicity/Nationality: African American
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance(Picture):

Appearance:(Written, you can add things that might not be in the picture.) Dante is in excellent shape, he works out constantly and wears his hair in long black cornrows. He has a golden brown skin complexion, and is built like a boxer for the most part. His eyes are bedroom brown, and his facial hair is neatly maintained.
Distinctive Features: Dante has several different tattoos. An angelic like figure takes up a good portion of his right bicep, on his back he has a stylized Grim Reaper like figure wielding a scythe. Over his heart he has a gravestone.
Occupation: Convict, previously a Biker/Gang Member. His legal occupation however was as a bouncer.
Education: Dante graduated from Mumford High School in Detroit. He dropped out of Wayne State University where he was majoring in Public Speaking.
Items:(You won't know there is a zombie infestation, this is what you have with you at the start of this whole thing at the hotel) Nothing but a pair of handcuffs.
Likes: Motorcycles, Fast Women, Fighting, Books by Chuck Palahniuk, Hip Hop, Heavy Metal, Horror Films, Poetry, Drinking, Money, Kids (Nonsexually), Football, Personal Fitness.
Dislikes: Cops, Racism, Liars, People who harm children, Hard Drugs, insects, body odor and useless people. Enclosed spaces.
Personality: Dante is an odd representation of a gang member. He's very intelligent, and well read. He can be very aggressive, but dislikes wanton violence for the sake of violence. He is a gang member, but tries to cleanse his neighborhood of hard drugs and gangs that would prey on children. He is loyal, bluntly honest and a bit of a flirt. Yet at the same time he can be self serving, and he is very analytical and focused. He is respectful to those who show him respect.
Skills: Dante is an accomplished brawler. He has excellent natural deductive reasoning. He can remain calm in the face of a crisis. He's a decent enough mechanic. He's very strong, and has excellent stamina. He has good oratory skills and is a halfway decent shot with a gun though he'll never be called a marksman. He knows how to use one. He's an excellent driver with numerous different vehicles and can braid his own hair.
Flaws: Dante isn't a very trusting person, he has a horrid temper which got him locked up in the first place. He doesn't like to let people get too close or rely on them. Also he is afraid of isolation, and he tends to not like spending too much time alone.
Ambition: Dante wants his prison sentence to end, and to go back to enjoying his life. He also wants to make the neighborhood he grew up in a better one.
Short Biography: Dante was born and raised in Detroit Michigan. He grew up in a household of bikers/gang members and became a part of that lifestyle early on. He did however show a knack for learning, and consistently got high grades in school. He wound up dropping out of college when the school continued to screw him over or change their policies too frequently for his liking. Despite being in an outlaw MC, Dante and the rest of the MC disdain hard drugs and give back to the community. He got sent to prison for 5 years for aggravated assault, when he found a Drugdealer near the highschool he graduated he from and beat the man to a bloody pulp for trying to sell to kids. At the start of the game, he is being transferred to another prison due to frequent cases of having to defend himself from attacks.
Turn Ons/Offs: Dante likes to be teased, and he's into aggressive women. He's also a fan of the backsides. 

Writersblockade

Damn...something in me wants the cop role bad. I'll throw my hat in for that. If not, then I can roll with being a student or businessman.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Darkcide

Quote from: playfullchick76 on October 23, 2010, 01:11:18 PM
I would be interested in playing this out if you get enough takers. Would it work if I was an ex con, did a few years for killing someone, self defence, but no court beleived me, and i could have been a nurse or army medic, if that fits.

No offense, but I'm not a fan of the concept. The character I put up is a con, so having a con and an ex con you have concepts starting to bleed into one another. Plus if the court didn't believe it was self defense, you would do 10-15 years at the bare minimum and that is if they didn't rule it first degree. Not to mention a nurse or an army medic on top of that is overkill. That means you've had army training, you have killed, you have went to prison and you're a medic? That renders so many characters useless. My character is a con, but he's never killed anyone. I am trying to move away from characters that have had experience in killing people or are too capable since the group will need to rely on one another. A character's skills and talents need to be a byproduct of their job or lifestyle as opposed to several different concepts being meshed together to make one that is more effective.

Quote from: Writersblockade on October 23, 2010, 01:19:13 PM
Damn...something in me wants the cop role bad. I'll throw my hat in for that. If not, then I can roll with being a student or businessman.

If you want to be a cop, I say go for it. Just put up a profile, and if it works? You're one of the cops. I'm sure I don't have to say it, but think of a realistic cop lol. No super cops or hero cops. Also would you want to be a beat cop? A detective? Or what? Rank and assignment will play a part on your age my friend. Also would you want to be Detroit? Or one of the surrounding areas?

Damnedangel

Would it be ok if I played a student? I was thinking she could be a biology student?
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

Venom09

Name: Jasmine Vela
Height/Weight: 5'4", 135 lbs.
Ethnicity: White
Sexuality: Bi
Appearance(Picture):

Appearance(Written): A young woman with slight curves, but also slight muscle. She has long black hair which is either flowing or in a ponytail most days. She has beautiful blue eyes as well.
Distinctive Features: N/A
Education: College
Items: simple hand gun (x2), and a pocket knife.
*music
*romance
*bondage
*her job
*men

Dislikes:

*cocky people
*felons
*rapists
*annoying people
*fakes
*liars
*cheaters
*country music

Personality: Really a sweet woman most days and a very loving one as well, but in the line of duty this sexy woman is hard ass and quite the bitch. She takes everything she does seriously with only a slight bit of humor on her job even though outside of her job with family and friends she loves to party and just live life. The reason she seems so hard core is cause she must keep her composure on the job and she is glad she has now that the out break has occured for she must be straight forward no nonsense talk and in charge to a degree.
Skills:

*a lil hand to hand fighting
*using a gun
*persuasion
*leadership skills

Flaws:

*not the strongest one on the force
*can be to forgiving at times
*way to sweet to some victims
*her temper (some days)

Ambition:

*hopefully make it the through what is happening... and hopes to keep as many people safe as possible.

Short Biography:

Young Jasmine grew up with a family who was very loving. Her mother a stay at home mom and her dad a policeman who was hard working, skilled and very respected in the community. Her elder brother was the apple of Jasmine's eye though. She loved him with everything she was and found him to be like her protector growing up that is until he was 19 and her 17. Jasmine has never thought in her life her brother had any secrets from the family, but when she walked home one day to find three squad cars in her yard as well as an ambulance thats when the truth came out. Her brother had been found beaten and dead in an alleyway after a fellow rival gang member had found him scoping around their territory. Jasmine was torn to shreds at the atrocity of her brother being in a gang, but also that the man whom had killed her brother had gotten away...

As the months went by Jas watched as the cops "tried" to hunt down her brothers murderer to no avail which pissed Jasmine off to no end. This is when she decided what she would do. As high school ended she made a vow she would find her brother's murderer and put him behind bars, thus she started training as a cop. Now a days she still works hard at her job especially in the hopes she would find her brother's killer, but now things are so overwelmed by the epidemic she doubts anything can be done now. That though has been put on the back burner for now she wants to keep everyone else safe for as long as humanly possible.

Turn Ons/Offs:

ONS

*bondage
*blood (a lil)
*biting
*scratching
*candle lights
*anal/oral/vaginal

OFF'S

*water sports
*scat
*to much blood
*death
*dismemberment

Writersblockade

Michael Jai White playing Detective Andrew Thomas Jackson

Name: Andrew Thomas Jackson
Height/Weight: 6’ 205 lbs.
Ethnicity: African American
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance(Picture): 
Appearance(Written): Normally Andrew walks like he had the world on his shoulders, and only seems to smile during fits of sarcasm. If you happen to get on his good side, you’d see that he’s surprisingly warm and caring. He carries that with him in a very small box, to protect it from a very rough world.
Distinctive Features:  None of note
Education: Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice with a Psyche Minor. Night class to inch closer to his Master’s
Items: Badge, Gun ( Glock 19 ) handcuffs (1), and plasticuffs (4). Shoulder holster w. rig for holding the 2nd clip, and other typical police items
Likes: Catching “Real” perps, a good burger, Football games, and the smell of a fine woman

Dislikes: Paperwork, crime scenes without witnesses (or witnesses that won’t talk), the person who takes the last bit of coffee without refilling the pot…special place in hell for those people.

Personality: Andrew seemed to have been born with a permanent scowl. He’s seen the gritty side of life for far too long, and it has taken his toll on his demeanor. He remains grounded only to continue his work. In his mind, one more day he sticks around is one less day a criminal has time to fuck up society.

Skills: Handgun usage, Law, minor forensic experience, Law Enforcement self defense, which has its similarities with Mix Martial Arts, but only in the stand-point that they base most of their attacks and defenses on Jujitsu.

Flaws: Stubborn, with sometimes too strong a sense of right and wrong.

Ambition: His looking for his next big bust that’ll get him in line to make his next promotion, which was what he wanted to talk to Dante about…

Short Biography: He grew up wanting to be a cop, and didn’t listen when his friends and family spoke of what a waste it would be of his talent. Years later, after a failed marriage and another pass-over for promotion, he’s wondering if they were right. The one thing he has to look forward to is making sure he cleans the streets as well as he can, with the little the force gives him.

Turn Ons/Offs:  Ons - Dominance, Roughhousing, Arrest-related kink (handcuffs, spread ‘em, you get the idea). Busty women, and also those endowed more in the derriere.
      Offs – Rape, dismemberment, scat, non-zombie related gore
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Darkcide

Quote from: Damnedangel on October 23, 2010, 02:01:42 PM
Would it be ok if I played a student? I was thinking she could be a biology student?

Sure, I've no issues with that.

Venom09, I approve the character. Although you don't have a backup piece in here, so your gun count would be one. You do have an extra clip though.

Writersblockade, I approve of the character.

So we have our two cops.

Venom09

wait... what you mean a back up piece? lol sorry i'm such a blonde today and so instead of two hand guns she is only allowed the one?

Darkcide

I meant that only the two cops get guns, you each get one apiece lol. A backup piece is a sidearm that a lot of cops carry on them for security in the event that something happens to their primary firearm.

Damnedangel

Name: Lexi Collins
Height/Weight: 5’4 & 126lbs
Ethnicity: White British
Sexuality: Bisexual
Appearance (Picture):
Appearance (Written): She has icy blue eyes, a bit of a babyish face but has curves in all the right places.
Distinctive Features: Her hair has a single long pink highlight in it to make her stand out, a tribal wolf tattoo on her right hip. She also has a British accent.
Education: Lexi was halfway through her year at Oxford in England when her parents moved; she now studies Biology at the University of Detroit Mercy.
Items:  Her backpack with her biology textbook in, a bottle of water, her sketchbook and a pencil case.
Dislikes: Whiney people, lairs, fakes, cheats and spiders.
Personality: Is shy around people she doesn’t know, isn’t afraid to speak her mind even if it means insulting people. She is loyal, sweet and kind but usually avoids talking to people.
Skills: She has a high amount of stamina since from the age of 12 she went jogging for an hour or two every day and also took boxing lessons for a couple of years so she can fight. Before she became interested in biology she was interested in technology and learnt how to hack into other computers.
Flaws: Doesn’t trust people easily, is stubborn and has a short temper which she only just about manages to keep in line. Now there’s a zombie outbreak she is interested and will try to grab a sample from one to try and see what their cells are like and what bought the dead back.
Ambition: To become a top scientist and help people by discovering cures.
Short Biography: Lexi was originally born in England. At the age of 18 she went to Oxford for a year on a scholarship before her parents moved to Detroit with her so she had to change schools. At Oxford she felt happy but in Detroit she became withdrawn and shy hardly speaking to anybody and spending most of her time studying instead of going out with friends.
Turn On’s:  Bondage, being dominated, anal, oral and vaginal.
Turn Offs: Blood, scat, violence, death, loss of limbs.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

Photo

I've got an idea...

Name: Jennifer Anne Collins
Height/Weight: 5' 4      121 lbs
Ethnicity: Caucasian, northern European descent. American
Sexuality: straight, not very experienced (technically)

Appearance(Picture):

Appearance(Written): Dull green eyes. Jennifer has waving blond hair that reaches the middle of her back. Her body is stretched thin and angelic in form. She stands like a Grecian sculpture. With long arms and long legs, she moves like a swan and runs like a gazelle. She has a handsome, soft face that is usually shown bare and without make-up. Gentle features surrounding, she's not very athletic, and mostly skin and bones. Her beauty is like that of a solar eclipse, haunting and eerie, but ultimately stunning.
Distinctive Features: When she was fourteen, she tore two ligaments in her left knee. There are a series of scars surrounding that knee from multiple surgeries. Also,  she has intense, far reaching bright eyes. They are a direct link to her soul and really a large part of her personality as well. She forces people around her to have empathy, because her expressive eyes are 100% honest and impossible to ignore.

Occupation
: Farmhand. experienced and intelligent, she does good work.
Education: high school graduate 2.34 GPA community college drop out.
Items: Several changes of clothes - Rolling tobacco, papers and a lighter - shampoo, face wash, soap, toothpaste etc. – ibuprofen, tampons, and a hairbrush
Likes: being outside, rain or shine – conversation and pleasant debate – smoking – sleep – reading – indie rock music.
Dislikes: rudeness – cheap food – video games - guns

Personality: Jennifer is not shy. She is very innocent, pure and soft spoken, but she speaks her mind non stop and does so without restraint. She speaks succinctly and quickly. Her mind moves logically and with calculation, she rarely becomes an irritation. However, her constant analysis of the situation makes her a bit of a fright. She'll say things people don't want to hear, and act like it needs to be said. She's likely to become very overwhelmed and terrified when her life is in danger, but she won't be the one cowering in the corner and talking to herself when she's needed. She's grumpy in the morning and late at night, sleeps more than the average person and always remembers her dreams. She'll often talk about them subtly, her reality is that of both worlds: sleeping and waking. She thinks that her dreams are relevant to others, even if they aren't at all.

Skills: leveling out a group of people. She's a great diplomat. A problem solver and an over thinker (can be a good thing) kind of psychic, she often rationalizes danger fast enough to create warnings and paranoia; call it woman's intuition. She can climb.
Flaws: injured, her left leg will be a consistent problem. terribly weak and uncoordinated: she cannot fight and her hand eye coordination is poor. scared of guns, can't use a gun, never fired a gun, gets skittish around guns.
Ambition: She's very lost as a person. Her ambitions only look about six months into the future. She's an avid reader. So, an ambition that she's not even aware of is that of a fantastic writer. She knows poetry and literature. If she ever put her mind to it, she could produce great works of fiction and prose.

Short Biography: Born on October 11th, 1987 (assuming this is present day) Jennifer was raised on a produce farm, her father grew corn, wheat, broccoli and potatoes. The youngest of three daughters, her father seemed to never forgive them for not being boys. He was an absurd sports fan and wanted a son badly enough to drink himself into a stupor when his wife became infertile after Jennifer was born. Her sisters were three and seven years older than her, and she was coddled by her mother as a baby. Being the most attractive of her entire family, jealousy begin to stir all over the place by the time she became a teenager. The middle sister despised her for being much much prettier, her mother started to treat her diferently, and her father abused her sexually. He was an absentee dad for most of her life, even though he lived on the farm. He would often go to the bar after his work was through. That, or go to his brother's house to play poker. He performed the vile trauma when she was between the ages of sixteen and nineteen, leaving the details out, she was taken full advantage of. Her grades suffered accordingly and she lost a lot of will to live. Her later teenage years became dowsed in hard liquor and cigarettes. She attended community college in Indiana and moved in with a couple of her friends. She had a very emotional post highschool career and suffered heavily from depression. She never attempted suicide, but by the time she was twenty one she thought about it four out of the seven days of the week. She moved away from home to Michigan where she found low lands to work in. She stopped talking to her whole family last year. Michigan has been doing wonders for her. Still depressed but distracted enough to be happy.

Turn Ons/Offs: She likes to have regular clean sex. It takes a supreme level of comfort for her to open up. She'll stick to oral as long as possible to avoid the dramatic experience of dealing with her daddy issues all over again. She was used a lot in her college days by the same two men for years. Mostly all sex turns her off, especially anal. She's never really thought about a woman before, but it might be a refreshing experience if she can get passed the intimidation factor.

And that's that.

-Photo
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Darkcide

Very interesting concept, your character is approved welcome to the game. We get a few more people I'll open a OOC thread so we can start discussing things or everyone can feel free to do that in here. I am liking the characters so far and I have some definite ideas.

Rachubka

Will work on something, since I like Dark so much. :P

TheGlyphstone

Since no one's applied for it yet, and Writersblockade recommended it, I'll throw in for the doctor/medic slot. It'll take a little bit for me to port over my doctor from the other zombie-themed game, maybe age him up a bit.

Gravik

Same same. I'll go for one of the other spots and start working on a character. :)

Bloody Rose

Name: Kristopher Rosario
Height/Weight: 6'3"/ 170 pounds of muscle
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Sexuality: Straight (Bi curious)
Appearance(Picture): http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Dean-Winchester--dean-winchester-69979_511_683.jpg
Appearance(Written): He is very strong, he is over 6'3" and is a pure muscle man. He has a tattoo of a girl on the back of his shoulder. He has green eyes and brown hair. He is often wearing jeans and a white shirt with a coat over it.
Education: Doctors degree in Biological Science
Items: Flashlights, Knife, First aid kit, Some snacks, water, some clothes.
Likes: Healthy food, exercising, studying,music,books,the beach
Dislikes: Rude people, people who are not true to their words, people who mock science
Personality: He is a very kind person, he likes to have fun whenever he can. Although he is very smart he can go around and drink with his friends. Very optimistic he always tries to look at the positive things in life.
Skills: Very intelligent, Knows first aid and emergency treatment, he is very quick thinking and very smart, he can think of the most unusual thing to treat someone if the materials are not needed.
Flaws: He is a sucker for children, he will not dare harm a child dead or otherwise. When stressed with life or death situation for him he tends to be in a very bad mood and even rude. He does not know how to fire a gun at all.
Ambition: To survive and try to find survivors and maybe a cure for the virus.
Short Biography: He was born in Mexico, ever since little he was declared to be a genius in the true sense of the word. He always  had a lot of friends and got along with mostly anybody. Going to collage and graduated with honors she went on to work. Due to how much he was payed he could afford vacations all over the world. One day while he was in a hotel the infection hit, and now he must survive the end of the world. (I can post more but dont have much muse right now.
Turn Ons/Offs: I love bondage, I love to dominate people. However I do know this rp is not based on that so I will just say I am a very open minded here and almost have no off except scat.

TheGlyphstone

Name: Hans Richtoffen
Height: 6’9”
Weight: 215 lbs.
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sexuality: Straight

Appearance:
Written Appearance: Hans looks like he could have stepped straight off an old WWII German recruiting poster, or in a time before the zombies, a modelling catalogue. His thick, straight blond hair frames deep blue eyes in a pale face, clearly of pure Aryan decent. He is not particularly well-muscled, but what muscles he has are lithe and wiry on his towering frame.
Distinctive Features: A small golden star tattoo at the base of his neck. One finger on his left hand is marked with a scar from the hand down to the tip, where he once split it open with a mishandled scalpel.
Education: Doctorate of Medicine, partial fellowship in orthopedic surgery
Items: Suitcase with several changes of clothing, 2 extra-long lab coats, shaving kit, Blackberry, several paperback novels, German-language Bible, most recent issue of Physician's Quarterly, crucifix pendant
Likes: Opera and classical music, beer, ice cream, crime novels and thrillers
Dislikes: Large animals, rap music, guns, violent people, clothes that don't fit
Personality: Hans is very quiet and introspective, very much the 'gentle giant'. He can seem almost timid, but the faith and unwavering determination at his core make for a formidable combination under stressful circumstances. He frequently pauses before speaking, partly in order to properly assemble his thoughts in English and partly to give his full attention to the topic at hand. He is very deeply religious, and knows a fair portion of the Bible by heart.
Skills: In-depth education on surgery and general first aid, fluent in German, Latin, and English, friendly demeanor towards strangers
Flaws: Loathes guns and flatly refuses to touch them, solid German accent that grows increasingly thick when stressed or angry.
Ambitions and Desires: Currently, Hans has his heart and mind set on obtaining his orthopedic surgeon's fellowship certification, towards which he has completed one year out of the needed three. Eventually, he intends to take his U.S. citizenship test and reside here permanently.

That, of course, was before the zombie invasion. He has decided that this God's way of cleansing the modern world of sin, either a repeat of the biblical Flood or a full-out Judgement Day before the Second Coming and the end of the world. Now, nothing is more important than surviving in the face of the End Times and avoiding the temptation to fall into sin as society crumbles, particularly if it turns out to be Case A.
Biography:
Born and raised in a family of dedicated German Catholics, with several notable clergy and nuns in his ancestry, Hans knew from a very early age that he wanted to dedicate his life to helping people. There was some mild family pressure to become a minister, but he instead decided on going into medicine, with their enthusiastic blessings. He graduated salutorian in his high school class, attending the University of Berlin first for pre-med education, then a full medical doctorate. After graduation, he travelled to the United States on a work visa for his residency, ending up in the Los Angeles General Hospital. There, he got all the education he could ever want on the damages that human beings could have inflicted on them by each other or accident, further reinforcing his distaste for violence and determination to be a counteractive force in the world.

After completing his residency period, he chose to remain in the US and continue working at Los Angeles General while he pursued an orthopedic fellowship. Just two days ago, he arrived in Detroit to attend a large medical convention, though his last-minute arrival meant all of the good hotels were fully booked, and he was forced to rent cheap lodgings in a cheap hotel.

Turn Ons: Most vanilla sex, romance, light bondage
Turn Offs: Violence, rape, gore and bodily byproducts

Darkcide

Rachubka-I can hardly wait. :)

Gravik-Got you, I will say you'll want to hurry. There are two more male spots open.

Glyphstone-You really brought over the same exact character and I don't think the character looks anywhere near 28, just saying. (Not trying to be rude). I'll approve it though.

Zarazel-I approve the character.

Also the hotel employee/owner slot might be taken.

Bloody Rose

TheGlyphstone

I did say I was porting over my character - the other game is dead, and I like him too much to lose all the work I originally did. He's been considerably fleshed out though, if you'll pardon the lame pun. If you can find me an older picture of a blond, blue-eyed man, I'd honestly love it...this was the only one I could find pretty much anywhere, and I really don't like the earrings - plus, I think his neck is too short for a man of the stature I've given him.

Writersblockade

*laughs* It'll be a little hard finding a pic for a guy with your setting...The best I'm thinking of is Dolph Lundgren in his heyday. If I may also be so bold as to say a guy whose 6'9 and 215 would be one gangly looking dude. I'm 6'4, 205 and considered a thin guy, just in case you were thinking of making your boy a little stockier.

How about this guy?

Doesn't look as prissy as the potter guy :p

Oh! What what about my man from Die Hard? RIP!

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

TheGlyphstone

I guess I can bulk him up a bit - he is supposed to be thin and wiry though. Not sure if ol' Dolph would work.

Potter guy?

Howzis?

Haibane

I tend to prefer my zombie games humorous and light-hearted, but some of the writers in this one can deliver a really good post so I'm tempted to have a go. I'm thinking the motel owner. She'll be trash, and middle aged and rather a bitter person, possibly a negress and a pretty big unit. Her advantage to the group will be sound local knowledge including the backroads and where the local stores and gas stations are, even the local skinny dipping lake plus she'll have a motel storeroom full of goodies. Her downside is she isn't going to take any nonsense from nobody, she is not going to be an athlete by anyone's standards and asking her to run could be an issue, and she's not going to be a sexual character at all.

If that basic profile is of interest I'll start to work on a personality.