Doomsday Is Here What are you're plans?

Started by despickable, December 20, 2012, 07:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

despickable

Well Nothing happening so far. Had a few drinks I plan to sleep through the Apocalypse I can sleep through anything.

But honestly what are people planning a few helpful hints on the link
http://www.december212012.com/
I plan on Christmas shopping
I plan to put deck chairs out and watch the fireworks show
Laugh at the idiots queuing up for water and supplies.

What are your plans?

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Avis habilis

I brought a pie to work for the holiday potluck lunch, but since you put it that way - calories be damned, I'm eating the whole thing!

It's pecan. You can't not want to eat the whole thing.

Caitlin

I wish I could sleep in, but it being a Friday I have to work one more day. I'll be able to work at home at least, so that's something, and I have an appointment with the vet in the morning, to get my cat her annual innoculations. It'll probably be an epic battle between man and feline to get her in the traveling basket, but that's as close as to the end of days I'll get.

I'm planning to have a fun time day reallyl, and not stress too much. I can't believe that three years ago I actually believed all that 21 december crap, until I dove into it a little further and found out just how diverse and wild all the theories were. At least my sanity gave me a firm ass whooping and made me feel stupid for believing it in the first place. :P

(Then again, the girl who talked me into believing it looked very hot, so in my defense, I may not have been thinking with my big head at the time.) -grins-

Lilias

The universe had better not implode before the end of the Spawn's school Christmas party, or it'll never hear the end of it!
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Beguile's Mistress

I really haven't done anything special other than laugh at a few end-of-the-world jokes.  I have a house to clean and decorate for Christmas and cookies to bake. ;D

Sasquatch421

So how would it work with the dateline? Half the world ending before the other half? Me I'm staying home sick.... What a way to end the world huh?

Avis habilis

Quote from: Caitlin on December 20, 2012, 08:08:53 AM
(Then again, the girl who talked me into believing it looked very hot, so in my defense, I may not have been thinking with my big head at the time.) -grins-

"Take me now, while there's still time" would be a hard thing to say no to. *nod*

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on December 20, 2012, 08:11:12 AM
So how would it work with the dateline? Half the world ending before the other half?

Rolling apocalypse starting at the Greenwich observatory, one assumes.

Caitlin

Quote from: Avis habilis on December 20, 2012, 08:12:21 AM
"Take me now, while there's still time" would be a hard thing to say no to. *nod*
Indeed, hahaha! ;D

QuoteRolling apocalypse starting at the Greenwich observatory, one assumes.
Yup, because thousands of years ago these Maya folks just knew that on the other side of the globe somebody would standardise time for the entire world, and somehow such an event would care enough to pay attention when we puny humans want the apocalypse to start. ;)

despickable

According to some idiots I spoke to this evening we in Australia wont end till the 22/12 because of the time diff. Apparently The USA time zone is the one the whole world is based on.. Give me a break
New Zealand is three hours ahead of us in Oz  and we have three different time zones in the country. So I was thinking if we here in OZ all started sending tweets saying "it's Happening the world is ending pack yer bags" I wonder what reaction the rest of the time zones would do.

I plan to barricade myself in so I don't have to see or hear the idiots sprouting their end of the world theories. It's okay I have cake for nourishment

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Caitlin

Nothing beats cake and a good beverage... which happens to be warm chocolate milk in my case. The only thing missing now is some snow for flavour, but that's okay, since I have to travel home pretty late tonight. :)

gaggedLouise

Another transwoman suggested to me the other day (online, and at another site) that we should both look for common owners and get ourselves sold as slaves for life. I guess that has to count as high on the weirdness scale; I've only known this person for a week - though she lives close enough that we might well meet irl at short notice. Umm, no, I don't intend to make a christmas present of myself...  ;)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Avis habilis

Quote from: gaggedLouise on December 20, 2012, 09:13:58 AM
Umm, no, I don't intend to make a christmas present of myself...  ;)

At least it would be a short-term committment.

Valerian

A bar / restaurant in my town has produced its own microbrew for the occasion, the End of the World beer, and they'll be having a wild party as well.

Though they may just mean that if you overindulge, the resulting hangover will make you wish the world was ending.   ::)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Avis habilis on December 20, 2012, 09:17:47 AM
At least it would be a short-term committment.

Not if the end of the world means a takeover by intelligent beings from outer space and it would be to *them* that we were sold!

Valerian

:o

Inspiration for my movie blog!  A Top 5 End of the World Movies list!

...I'd better hurry.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Avis habilis

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Valerian on December 20, 2012, 09:23:24 AM
:o

Inspiration for my movie blog!  A Top 5 End of the World Movies list!

...I'd better hurry.

But...but I didn't get to see Lars von Trier's Melancholia - it got rave reviews, but as a summer movie it didn't feel like top priority. Now I might not ever get to see it before the planet really comes to an end!

(I would at least put the Battlestar Galactica pilot/tv movie from 2003 and Mars Attacks! on a top ten list of the best end-of-the-world films)

Caitlin

Quote from: gaggedLouise on December 20, 2012, 09:13:58 AM
Another transwoman suggested to me the other day (online, and at another site) that we should both look for common owners and get ourselves sold as slaves for life. I guess that has to count as high on the weirdness scale; I've only known this person for a week - though she lives close enough that we might well meet irl at short notice. Umm, no, I don't intend to make a christmas present of myself...  ;)
Awww, why not? *pouts*

;D

gaggedLouise

*pouts back at Caitlin*

You'd want it to be somebody on this site, so you could acquire both of us, right?

Caitlin

Who said anything about me being interested in purchasing that other girl as well? ;)

Rawr. :p

Silver

Quote from: gaggedLouise on December 20, 2012, 09:32:04 AM
But...but I didn't get to see Lars von Trier's Melancholia - it got rave reviews, but as a summer movie it didn't feel like top priority. Now I might not ever get to see it before the planet really comes to an end!

(I would at least put the Battlestar Galactica pilot/tv movie from 2003 and Mars Attacks! on a top ten list of the best end-of-the-world films)

Oh that was a great movie!!!!  Also yes on BSG.

OT: Curled up in bed... Honestly might bake my day away if I start feeling better...
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Caitlin

Just make sure you put a pretty wrapper around yourself Louise, else it wouldn't be a real gift. ;)

-snickers-

Lithos

Following some doomsday posters and forums now and also on youtube is probably the best testament to how stupid we all have potential to be. At least it passes as a comedy but it is sad that even well meaning sites like ask astrobiologist by NASA are full of same crap now. At least the idiots will likely to remain quiet after tomorrow.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Caitlin

Quote from: Silver on December 20, 2012, 09:39:29 AM
Oh that was a great movie!!!!  Also yes on BSG.

OT: Curled up in bed... Honestly might bake my day away if I start feeling better...
Oi, I hope your illness clears up soon enough, it's no fun to be ill with Christmas and New Years Eve. I had the latter a couple of years ago and it really sucked.

All those loud fireworks going off while having a banging headache... yeah, not a big success.

Caitlin

Quote from: Lithos on December 20, 2012, 09:40:29 AM
Following some doomsday posters and forums now and also on youtube is probably the best testament to how stupid we all have potential to be. At least it passes as a comedy but it is sad that even well meaning sites like ask astrobiologist by NASA are full of same crap now. At least the idiots will likely to remain quiet after tomorrow.
I really really doubt that, they'll just find another crazy hype with the next 'end of the world' event that they can use for their prophecies.