Wanting to get to know people

Started by writinfreak, July 29, 2013, 10:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

writinfreak

Hey guys,
I'm new. I'm in the introduction forums, but that's largely for the mods to find out more about me, so I wanted to take the time to find out about you. Ask me pretty much anything and give the answer to the same question? We'll treat it like a game and we'll see if anyone finds me interesting enough to hang around?

cptBacon

Hey Miss Freak :-)

I think you'll find we're all happy to have you around. You should check out the Forum Games/Socializing board for lighthearted joking around and general revelry.

I haven't read your introduction thread, so I apologize if this has been asked. What is it about this forum that has you attracted, as compared to other RP forums out there?
A super detailed introduction to me:
O/O

My current stories:
The Art of Seduction | Grey Skies
Along for the Ride | She Let Herself Go

writinfreak

I was assured of the quality and maturity of it's members by a close, long time rp friend.

Evil Tim

I'll ask a crazy question since the Mentors seem to have fun with it.

If you could live in one video game/anime/movie/television world, which one and why?

writinfreak

If I could live in a fantasy world... it would probably be Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson universe, because while there's evil and bad in their world and it's usually so much bigger then my own daily life problems, there are so many amazing people with good souls to fix things and so many very attractive, emotionally mature, responsible men running around. /watches stream of werewolf males go running by/ yup, yum!  ;D

Nenha

What is your favorite genre for reading and writing? I personally love anything with a sword.

writinfreak

Haha, I can appreciate sword play, but it's never been a particular passion. I tend to strive for the unexplainable 'other' element. Modern fantasy is my favorite choice to read, particularly Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series. I love the fact that in that series, the most widely referenced magical thing to hit people with is a walking stick and the fact that the most damaging item to date someone has been killed with was a tire wrench. (Yes, a rapist was killed with a tire wrench by the book's resident mechanic - and not in the assassin sense of the word)

Nenha

Those things are always a good read. I just tend to find issues with reading modern stuff. I feel like I am not escaping in a way.

writinfreak

I could see that. After all, reading is one of the most effective forms of stress relief known to man.   ;D I sort of guess part of my love of it comes from watching Sailor Moon and reading Harry Potter books as a kid and always loving the idea of magic being just beyond reach of normal people. Like the idea that there is a hidden world where magic resides.

Nenha

No one has proved that there is no magic in the world, haha. In my opinion I find that love is its own magic. Not to mention your conscience. I find that there is no true science or knowledge tht could ever go into detail on these things. And what about the one part of your DNA that no one knows about... It could lead to something along with if both sides of your brain were firing off all at once together... But all opinion and speculation there.

Soveliss

If you could be any player race from D&D in the real world, which one would you choose, and why?

I'd pick Warforged. I wouldn't have to sleep, eat, drink, or even breathe for that matter, I would never get tired, and I would have none of the troubles associated with having a sex drive, since AFAIK, Waforged have no sex drive. Plus, I'd get to live forever. Wouldn't that be awesome?
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

writinfreak

That sounds incredibly boring. I would think the only way to survive being a warforged would be to have an extreme higher calling. There would be no passion, probably very little creativity. It would ruin what I consider the essence of humanoid. By the same extent: I've always wanted super speed, get things done quicker, explore more of the possible, write more, do more, be more, so you get that.

I would probably chose to be a half-elf, even though it would be very lonely. An extended life span would suit the ability to read and grow without the true agelessness of elven life that could make it very long and tiring, plus incredibly painful.