Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell (book and upcoming BBC adaptation)

Started by RedEve, January 09, 2014, 02:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

I only recently discovered that this is being brought to the small screen by the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/jonathan-strange-mr-norrell-bbc-one-casting-release.html

As someone who loved the book, this news makes me very excited indeed. Any other fans of the book on here?
I'm surprised not to have seen a Strange roleplay on here (maybe I missed it?), as the subject matter so lends itself to being adapted into a game.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Avis habilis

Norrellite? Strangeite? Hell, call me a Vinculite.

I'm eager to see how the adaptation turns out. Their choice for Strange looks just right for the part. I am wondering what they're going to do with all the material in the footnotes though. Hard to imagine they're going to break in the middle of a scene & have a flashback to the Raven King or something.

RedEve

Quote from: Avis habilis on January 09, 2014, 08:29:09 AM
Norrellite? Strangeite? Hell, call me a Vinculite.

I'm eager to see how the adaptation turns out. Their choice for Strange looks just right for the part. I am wondering what they're going to do with all the material in the footnotes though. Hard to imagine they're going to break in the middle of a scene & have a flashback to the Raven King or something.
I agree about the footnotes being problematic in terms of transfering them to the screen. Same with the witty tone of the narrator. Both of which were a big part of what made that novel so entertaining.

RedEve

Some good fan art to be found on Deviantart based upon the novel.

elone

Looking forward to this.

I am in the middle of the book now, enjoying it immensely.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

PapillonBeryl

I guess this means I should read the book.  It's sitting on my shelf with the rest of the books I plan on getting to.