Even Microsoft hates IE6

Started by Oniya, June 25, 2011, 12:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

http://www.theie6countdown.com/default.aspx

Friends don't let friends use IE6.  They get them to use Firefox or Chrome instead.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

Viewing that with Noscript is amusing.

100% of the world was using Internet Explorer 6, which was 7.2 percentage points less than the previous year

But yes, there's no serious reason to support IE6 in English any longer. Or IE7 for that matter, which is even less popular.

Oniya

I saw that for a brief flash before it updated.  Yes, I laughed.  :D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

gaggedLouise

Youtube dropped support for IE6 last year,and lots of other sites are likely unworkable with it, when you think of the amount of embedded HD graphics/video in various formats.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Shjade

I just updated the folks' laptops to Firefox from IE6. The excuse I had to get them out of that rut? The AARP website wouldn't open properly using IE6 (on one of their computers; it did on the other). Easy enough to use my mad Witch Doctor Fu to convince them it was entirely the fault of the browser and change them over to Firefox, where it worked just fine. Hooray~
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.