Attack on Titan: Refuge in Audacity

Started by NubianLegend, October 26, 2014, 02:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NubianLegend

Note: This RP doesn’t follow the canon events (I.e Colossal Titan breaching Maria), this is a new story line and most canon things aren’t going to be involved except for knowledge of the walls, Titans, etc.

As well, I would like characters to start off as trainees unless told otherwise. We will start off the day before (Or earlier the day of) graduation.

Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by Titans. Titans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest Titans. Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a Titan in over 100 years.

They were wrong. Titans have been sighted in the walls again in the scouting legions search parties. Now there is a call for young teenagers to begin training. Many had replied, eager with pride to defend themselves and their fellow humans. The Valiant call to battle has been met with such bloodshed, and the humans have made more success with their slaying of Titans. It is not uncommon now for an officer to be decorated for the killing titans.

It is still common that many humans die at the hands of titans, and they have grown stronger, smarter, and faster to combat the Humans technological evolution. They are more attentive to the Three-dimensional movement gear, and use their arms to swipe at the Wires. While training measures have been adapted to use against this new tactic, it still makes the fields of war even more dangerous.

There is still the Question of Titan Shifters, who seem to have fallen into shadows as of late. There has not been a sighting of one for a long time, and they have faded into rumor for a long time, a rumor nobody seem to believe.

Wall Maria

Wall Maria is the outermost wall of the human kingdom. Its radius is 480 km. Like the other walls, Wall Maria is approximately 50 meters in height. The distance between Wall Maria and Wall Rose is around 100 km.

Shiganshina District

Wall Rose

Wall Rose is the second outermost wall following Wall Maria. It is 380 km in radius. The distance between Wall Rose and Wall Maria is 100 km, and the distance between Wall Rose and Wall Sina is 130 km.

Trost District

Wall Sina

Wall Sina is the innermost wall protecting the kingdom where the king and other civilians reside. It is 250 km in radius. The distance between Wall Sina and Wall Rose is around 130 km. The city inside Wall Sina is protected by the Military Police serving under the king.

Stohess District

The Capital, Mitras

Rules

1. Listen to me and the other Co-GMs . If you have a problem with something we say, what characters do, or just simply strongly disagree with something try not to lash out in the OOC. Be professional and talk about it respectfully, or take it to the PMs.

2. There's no limit to how much you can post, but there is a limit to how little. As this is Casual atleast three sentences per post as that's the minimum amount of sentences for a paragraph. Here we want to cater to all writers of the Casual section.

3. There's no limit to how many characters you can make, as long as you can handle them all. Of course, if you can't handle them all and want to make them Titan food by all means make them Titan food. As well, Titan Shifters will not be in this RP unless it's for story purposes so it's best to not ask to make one.

4. No god mod, meta gaming, all the obvious rules that is everywhere.

Military

Humanity's defense against Titans is a full-time, professional army trained to deal with Titans. The military is divided into three divisions: the Survey Corps, which explores outside human territory to hostile areas in a bid for expansion, lately receiving a new mission from the Capital to research the Titans and where they originate from; the Garrison, which patrols and maintains the Walls keeping Titans out and acting as the first to engage the Titans if the gate is destroyed; and the Military Police, the top-ranking soldiers who serve as the personal guards for the king and maintain order within the Walls.

The Survey Corps
The Survey Corps, also known as the Scouting Legion, Scout Regiment, or Recon Corps, is the driving force of the plot and story as it is the branch of the Military most actively involved in Titan combat and human expansion. Despite having little success, they still symbolize 'the hope of mankind', their insignia being known as 'the Wings of Freedom'; they hope that someday, their efforts will change the world known for humanity's better, and recover what had been lost.

This military division is in charge of the exploration and the eventual reclamation of human territory from Titan-infested lands. A more recent unofficial duty has been Titan observation and research. Given the safer nature of exploring within Wall territory (since Titans can only enter Wall at one point), a wealth of information has been revealed such as their tolerance of pain, sunlight dependence, and intelligence.

The Survey Corps are the smallest branch of the military, with a maximum size of 300 soldiers. Their stables also include a total of 600 specially-bred horses. These horses are noted to be exceptionally valuable, and bred for great speed, stamina, and calm temperament.

More info here!

Garrison

The Garrison, also known as the Stationary Guard, is the largest of the Military divisions which protects and maintains order near the Walls. Given the fatality rate of the Survey Corps and the limited entry of the Military Police Brigade, most soldiers join the Garrison. As they often have close contact with both Titans and human civilians, they are proficient over a wide variety of tasks such as Titan combat (defensive battles), cannonading, security detail, crowd control, and rifle usage.

The Garrison takes care of all defenses for the Wall whether it be patrols, repairs, or improvements. As such, they spend most of their time preparing for attacks against the Wall. The Garrison mans the cannons on the Wall that are often used for long-range Titan defense. They must also deal with civilian evacuation and have emergency plans for dealing with scenarios for when the Wall is breached.

The Garrison is the largest of the three branches, with a total of 30,000 soldiers. Members of the Trainee Corps are considered in this total, until their graduation and enlist in a chosen branch. Their total number of combat-ready personnel is a mere 3rd of this total, at 10,000 soldiers.

Their structure consists of Regiments, Brigades, and Divisions. A regiment is the smallest unit, consisting of 1000 soldiers. A Brigade consists of anywhere between 2,000 and 3,000 soldiers, or 2-3 regiments. And finally, the largest units are Divisions, which consist of 2 Brigades.

More info here!

Military Police
The Military Police Brigade is the most prestigious due to their work allowing them to live safely within the Inner Wall, abundant resources, and higher authority over other military sectors. However, in reality it is the most corrupted military sector due to a lack of oversight compared to the other sectors of the military. Due to their misuse and abuse of authority, the Military Police Brigade is also at odds with Garrison and especially with the Survey Corps. Only the top ten alumni from trainee squads can apply for the Military Police Brigade.

The Military Police Brigade is the primary police force within human territory. Not only do they maintain order, they serve as the king's guard. Since they do not normally come in contact with Titans, they must have special permission to use 3D gear and usually carry firearms such as rifles instead. They are also in charge of tax collection and land distribution.

The Military Police Brigade is an organization with 2,000 members, with direct command over 3,000 additional personnel from the Garrison. This brings their total potential manpower to 5,000 soldiers. Their forces are divided between the major Districts, with 200 officers assigned per District.

More info here!

Character Sheet
Character Sheet
(Feel free to manipulate the CS at will, as long as it contains the information wanted)

Name:
[Can include nicknames/alias]

Appearance:
[Highly prefer an anime character (Possibly AoT oc) but it isn’t absolutely required]

[Male, female, trans, neither, whatever you’re into]

Ethnicity:
[Humanity is all in this together, so I mean…]

Class Rank:
[1-100]

Personality:
[Would prefer it done now, but I understand some would rather RP it out first so it’s fine]

Refuge:
[This is one thing about your character that would be considered taboo or objectionable to most others. Everyone has their own demons to contend. I'd like to emphasize these personal refuge's throughout the course of the roleplay. ]

History:
[Would prefer it be done now, but if you want to reveal most of it via IC or do it later its fine]

Skills:
[Everyone can use as many or as few points as they can to highlight their characters capabilities. ]

3D Maneuvering Gear:x/10
Battle Skill:x/10
Physicality: x/10
Leadership:x/10
Intelligence:x/10
Strategy: x/10
Teamwork:x/10

Relationships:
[Unless an absolute lone wolf character, I doubt characters wouldn’t have built atleast one relationship] [Plan it out with others, it will also help development and sort out teams :D]

Other:
[Anything else you’d like to add]

NPC's

Sergei Ramanov

Name: Sergei Ramanov

Outline: Sergei Ramanov is 13th commander of the Survey Corps. Known for his wisdom and great tactical mind. He isn't much of a speaker, but when he speaks, he speaks in a candid "straight shooting" manner.

Appearance:

Ethnicity:
Russian

Class Rank:
Chief Commander

Skills:
[Everyone can use as many or as few points as they can to highlight their characters capabilities. ]

3D Maneuvering Gear:7/10
Battle Skill:8/10
Physicality: 7/10
Leadership:10/10
Intelligence:9/10
Strategy: 9/10
Teamwork:8/10
Poise: 10/10

Andrei Ramanov

Name: Andrei Ramanov

Outline: Andrei Ramanov is the first-born son of Sergei Ramanov and vice- commander of the Survey Corps. Far-thinking, intelligent, respected, Sergei is an able leader, and while he cares as deeply for his men, he would not hesitate to sacrifice them for the future of mankind, and his men have proven more than willing to stake their lives at his order. He developed the "Formation for Long Distance Enemy Detection". Unlike his father, he is the much more polished speaker.

Appearance:

Ethnicity:
Russian

Class Rank:
Vice Commander

Skills:

3D Maneuvering Gear:9/10
Battle Skill: 9/10
Leadership:9/10
Intelligence:8/10

Yagyu Saya - Humanity's Strongest Soldier

Name: Yagyu Saya

Outline: Yagyu Saya, the woman known as Humanity's greatest soldier appears to be quite a mysterious and withdrawn individual. She has few friends even within the Scout regiment is notoriously difficult to please,  but nonetheless she has her share of "fans". Saya is the leader of the elite Special Operation's Squad. One of the few things that is known about her background is that she comes from a long line of warriors. The Yagyu Clan.

Appearance:

Ethnicity:
Japanese

Class Rank:
Special Operations Squad

Skills:

3D Maneuvering Gear:10/10
Battle Skill: 11/10
Physicality: 9/10
Leadership:2/10
Intelligence:7/10
Strategy: 6/10

Joan Leonhart

Name: Joan Leonhart

Outline: Joan is a strong and mature woman, she’s very intelligent and open minded as well, letting people vent their frustrations to her even if it’s about her. She’ll let people insult her despite her rank, the insults don’t affect her, but she likes talking about problems and getting them handled as she cares about humanity and wants to keep humanity as happy as it can be….Or atleast as satisfied as it can be.

Appearance:

Ethnicity:
Prussian

Class Rank:
Squad Captain

Skills:

3D Maneuvering Gear:8/10
Leadership:7/10
Intelligence:7/10
Strategy: 5/10
Teamwork:7/10
Beauty: 10/10
Chloe Cummins

Name: Chloe Cummins

Outline: Chloe is passionate and driven in pursuit of new knowledge. She can be seen as very hyperactive, often diving into projects without thought for personal safety (and frightening many of her subordinates in the process), instead preoccupied with observing and documenting their subjects. Some misinterpret these acts of hers as eccentric and having more than a few screws loose in her head. She also enjoys discussing this research, but as the lectures can be very long and detail-oriented, not many fellow soldiers find them interesting.Cloe is often excited by Titans and is always eager to experiment with them, coming off as extremely emotional regarding Titans. Despite her eccentricities, she is widely recognized as a genius amongst her colleagues.

Appearance:

Ethnicity:
Irish

Class Rank:
Squad Captain

Skills:

3D Maneuvering Gear:7/10
Battle Skill: 7/10
Physicality: 5/10
Leadership:8/10
Perversity: 10/10

Dante Montanari

Name: Dante Montanari

Appearance:

Outline:

Dante is a quiet, clever, and serious type of guy. He may also come across as a little bit lazy as he would rather get things done as soon as possible so he can go relax. He doesn’t speak unless spoken to or he finds interest in speaking, otherwise he’s dead silent. He’s easily annoyed and although he won’t show anger, he gives death glares to people. He finds most people annoying, especially if they’re noisy, but he has a few exceptions.

Ethnicity:
Italian

Class Rank:
Special Squad Operations

Skills:

3D Maneuvering Gear:10/10
Battle Skill: 7.5/10
Physicality: 8/10
Leadership:6/10
Intelligence:5/10
Strategy: 6/10

Amelia Wong

Name: Amelia Wong

Appearance:

Outline:

Ethnicity:
French-Chinese

Class Rank:
Special Operations Squad

Skills:

3D Maneuvering Gear:9/10
Battle Skill: 10/10
Physicality: 4/10
Leadership:5/10
Strategy: 8/10
Teamwork:6/10
Hannes Erikson

Name: Hannes Erikson

Outline: Hannes is a very caring man, although somewhat cowardly, and always drinks irresponsibly. He isn't the most well regarded among his colleagues but he is a good man nonetheless, some are endeared to him despite his cowardly tendencies.

Appearance:

Ethnicity:
Finnish

Class Rank:
Veteran Scout

Skills:

3D Maneuvering Gear:5/10
Battle Skill: 6/10
Physicality: 6/10
Leadership: 7/10
Intelligence:6/10
Strategy: 7/10

Rick Jaeger - Scout Trainee

Name: Rick Jaegar

Outline: Rick is best described as hardheaded, passionate and impulsive, which are both attributes of his strong determination to protect mankind and eventually escape the Walls.He holds a personal vendetta against all Titans for destroying his home and eating his mother, and his goal is to kill every last one of them and explore the world beyond the Walls.

Appearance:

Ethnicity:
Polish

Class Rank:

Refuge:
Anger

Skills:

3D Maneuvering Gear:8/10
Physicality: 8/10
Leadership: 5/10
Intelligence:3/10
Strategy: 7/10
Temper: 10/10

And oh yeah, no one will know who is and who isn't a Titan Shifter until they've been chosen. I will take the liberty of choosing Titan Shifters based on what I see from prospective applicants.

wander

I am for sure interested in this one! :)

Just some questions (more clarifications really): Can you tell us more here about Refuges and perhaps list some examples? Also could you say more about how you'd like the skills list to be written up like? Also, would skill points be in some way linked to the class ranking... As in the #1 trainee has more points than someone outside the Top 10 etc?

Also... To make it easier for the first person to get their character sheet up for their relationships, will you be listing a handful or a few NPCs we can list until we chat with eachother and sort our own PC relationships out?

That all clarified, I'll for sure pass on a character sheet for this, AoT is one of my fave fandoms right now!

NubianLegend

Quote from: wander on October 26, 2014, 04:40:48 PM
I am for sure interested in this one! :)

Just some questions (more clarifications really): Can you tell us more here about Refuges and perhaps list some examples? Also could you say more about how you'd like the skills list to be written up like? Also, would skill points be in some way linked to the class ranking... As in the #1 trainee has more points than someone outside the Top 10 etc?

About the refuges, the refuges work like an established character trait. Something about the character that makes them flawed in some aspect. It doesn't have to be an outward limitation or something entirely devious in nature but it almost always will remain a personal obstacle for that character. Maybe you're a pathological liar, maybe you're some type of addict. maybe you were molested when you were cross-dressing by that creepy guy that one time, maybe you're pleasing to a fault, etc. etc.

As far your skill points go, it typically works within the way you've described. There are always underachieving outliers of course but typically rank denotes skills.   

QuoteAlso... To make it easier for the first person to get their character sheet up for their relationships, will you be listing a handful or a few NPCs we can list until we chat with eachother and sort our own PC relationships out?

You can leave the relationship stuff blank for the time being, I haven't decided on what kind of NPC's we'll have just yet but I will get around to working on that sometime this week.

That all clarified, I'll for sure pass on a character sheet for this, AoT is one of my fave fandoms right now!

Sounds good, I need someone a bit more familiar with SNK to help me GM as Co-GMs. I only got into it recently, so my knowledge may be a bit patchy at times.

wander

I'm cool to GM, but only for an information kinda thing... I'm a pretty shabby GM, but I know my stuff about AoT, so I can offer my services in that regard at least :)

akirakaneda

A SNK roleplay, that's very interesting, Im definitely in, I'll be writing my character sheet soon

But I got a doubt: although the cannon facts didn't happen it means the cannon characters are gone as well? It's a matter of the rank, since the cannon characters took the first 10 places and also to know how the story will be going.

NubianLegend

Quote from: akirakaneda on October 28, 2014, 09:02:50 PM
A SNK roleplay, that's very interesting, Im definitely in, I'll be writing my character sheet soon

But I got a doubt: although the cannon facts didn't happen it means the cannon characters are gone as well? It's a matter of the rank, since the cannon characters took the first 10 places and also to know how the story will be going.

I'll probably use some canon characters likenesses but with different names or something. The start of the story will be mostly the same, but I'll make improvisations as things proceed.

NubianLegend

akirakaneda

We will may need some other NPC's for cannon fodder hehe :P