OWOD being human story, Ghosts,Werecreatures, Vampires etc OH my!-Interest check

Started by Sabriel, March 02, 2010, 07:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vrag

Actually, the area I live in is also three small cities in a valley, we just don't have enough mountain to get snow. What we have instead are hills that fall a little short of the mark, but compensate by being steeply sloped and winding together anywhere outside the river valley.

Xanatos

Interesting. One of the cities in my area is in the mountains, the other two are in the valley. The mountains I live in are quite large and extensive, offering a lot to do in the hiking, fishing, camping, area of things. The mountains has a dam/created lake (which rests partially in the mountains and partially in the foothills actually). There are other notable things, I cannot think of at the moment.

The college town is actually somewhat famous nationwide for its parties, and thus could be a draw to some supernaturals.

Sorry if it seems like I am competing with you Vrag, not my intentions. Your description of an area just almost completely matched my area -laughs-. I really don't care to much where we are put. Though Vrag's description is probably ideal for this type of campaign I would think. Better to stay in an area with minimal supernatural activity so we don't run into to many others like us who might get ticked at seeing kind like us who have rejected their kin.

Vrag

That's the feeling I had when I wrote mine. I did use the city near my hometown as a template, but things seem quiet enough and small enough that there won't be more than a couple handfuls of any given supernatural type other than the character, at least not that we'd end up facing. Besides, I thought it might be better for character logistics to make a single small city, it helps make it easier for characters to jump into action at other locations and keeps everything from spreading out too much. It also means that if you do anything wrong, the consequences are going to be staying right there in town with you.

Sabriel

My own opinion would have to sort of agree with Senti specaily if minimal and consquences are your concern its rather ideal which is one of the things that makes being human unique I believe.

I do think it would create for a richer story in an place which is small and well perhaps out of the way or in a city which one can easily go unnoticed or become lost, in a place where any kind of secret if discovered would like cause trouble however. There won't be huge supernatural presences but they will be there in the background and likely might not quite agree with your choice of lifestyle. For example the Camarilla would not be that bothered by a Toreador trying to lead a mortal style life but they might view your housemates suspiciously if they discovered there secrets, they would certainly encourage the fact that nobody discovered you where not human however. 

As for character strength and such I think that is really something for everyone to decide upon I believe it should be balanced and fair whatever it is and I don't think anyone should be that experienced it would work better if everyone was more sort of new to there condition and perhaps not fully in acceptance or understanding of it yet although this is not vital and negotiable of course :) 

Duchess

Does it has to base on a specific city or place in rl because I never been to the us and would not know where you guys speaking about and I HATE geography

Vrag

Hence the city I suggested. I modeled it off of a city near me, a small city by a bend in a river surrounded by hills. It's a simple enough environment to imagine easily, and the climate in the northeastern US is pretty standard for a temperate area: hot summers, cold winters, spring and fall in between, and it rains a lot. Not much more to picture. A downtown by the bend in the river, and lighter urban areas around it in the valley, stopping at the hills. The details aren't important yet, so why bother with them, right?

Xanatos

As I said, it does not wholly matter to me where we begin. Just certain things do need to be met to allow for a better story.

I also agree with being new to our world. Old and established characters would be MUCH less likely to join together, especially a vamp and werewolf. Those two are hated enemies, only working together in the rarest of occasions and rarely on good terms at that. It seems from my limited knowledge of the other books, that everyone hates the Vampire XD. Not really sure why, but this seems to be the case. So it might also work in my characters favor to be new, so no preconceived ideas are in her head and others will be more likely to not "auto-hate" my character.

Sabriel

QuoteDoes it has to base on a specific city or place in rl because I never been to the us and would not know where you guys speaking about and I HATE geography

Nope it does not have to be a specific place at all it can be a place of pure fantasy simply based loosely on our world.  Just like we create cities and places that don't really exist in fiction and films which often lets us relate to them better without feeling overwhelmed or confused. 

Duchess

not really going by the book just using it to concute a character, even when she is not going to be following the rules from the book completely

a changeling is a Fae soul born into a human body. Early in the humans life, usually before puberty, she undergoes the "Chrysalis", a magical awakening of the Fae soul which previously lay dormant. Once through the Chrysalis, the Changeling exists simultaneously in both the real world and in the "chimerical" reality of the Fae, where creative ideas and imagination have substance. The human soul becomes joined with the Fae soul
I decided to play a changeling with as kith :
Sidhe - the nobility, Lords and Ladies, elves, the Shining Host. The dream of all that is noble and honourable in leaders, but also the arrogance of many leaders

Xanatos

I should be able to get a concept to you Sabriel by tomorrow. I got a late shift today and then a friends birthday party immediately after work, so no time really to get one up right now.

Vrag

I can get my character's background and all that written up as soon as you give the word, Lady Sabriel. I'm eager for things to be underway, as this will be the first game for me on Elliquiy.

Sabriel

OK well I'm in no rush really myself to start and we already have one person who wants to join that can't get there sheet ready quite yet. I have a friend who has expressed some interest to me too privately but she is unsure if she be able to commit yet but I'm keeping her updated, if she does join us she can always come in at a later time since she wanted to play a Ghost which is easy to introduce really.

So anyone who wants to can get to work on there character sheets which are not vital if you do not wish to do one a simple Character bio/background and well a list of any unusual supernatural sort of abilities if any will suffice.

I think before people go getting wild with character ideas however we should establish a theme of normality and what is acceptable in the setting/city where they live. I mean there is a vast difference in cultures between what has been suggested so far. 

What kind of themes and elements do you guys want to see included in the story ?

Vrag

The longer anyone in the World of Darkness exists as whatever type of supernatural being they are, the less human they become. Most can't keep a grip on normality as every day pushes them a little further from the reality they once knew.

A Shifter will never really escape from the distant sound of battle between the Wild and the Wyrm, nor the quiet scratching of the Weaver's spiders, nor the ebb and flow of rage and spirit through their blood.

A Vampire will never fully overcome the hungry beast within, never break free of their clan's specific flaw, and never shrug off their ancient curse to walk freely in the sun again.

A Demon will ... Actually, as it's written, a demon could in theory escape from Torment and rise again into the presence of the Creator, but let's just face the fact that it ain't happening any time soon.

A Mage is just a fragile mortal, intact with all their flaws and vices from before they awoke, but touched by the world-shattering realization that nothing is as they thought, that knowledge is power, and that they know too much, and that they live now under the watchful eye of a reality that simply doesn't like them very much any more.

And beneath it all is the human side, the kind that wants to sleep in on a day off, or catch a game on TV, play their favorite MMO, post on an adult role-playing site. The side of them that wants companionship and warmth, safety from the elements and a sense of Us against the dark and teeming Them. The kind that they keep trying to be like, even as they watch that hope sink slowly over the horizon while time marches forward with relentless disregard.

I want to see us, the players, faced up against all of this terrible inevitability. I want to see us hiding from the quiet and treacherous storm of Vampire politics and turf wars. I want to see us watching our steps, careful of which shadows might hide a pitfall into the Shifter's war. I want us to awkwardly sidestep and earnestly talk through ancient hatreds and unbreakable curses. I want to see us evade the traps and sentries of both the Technocracy's merciless purges and the last-ditch crusade of the Mage traditions to awaken mankind in a blaze of glorious revelations.

I want to watch us face the impossible and know by our natures, we should be doomed never to win.

I want us to do it anyways.

Blitzy

I am actually really interested in this idea.

I only really know Vampire for oWoD, and since that seems to be the idea for it I'd end up playing a Vamp. Maybe a Gangrel, as there's already interest in a Toreador?

I'll be in Florida on vacation until the 14th, and then I have school work I'll have to catch up and due so I don't know when I'd be able to jump in, but I would definitely like to.

I <3 WoD.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Sabriel

Neat that is some nice theme right there I have some ideas of how to mix it all in two so there is a bit of perspective from each side. ^.^

How does everyone feel about the setting being a place being quite strict with laws ?

Duchess

arent we supose to be dealing with a normal world but as the creatures???

Sabriel

It is a normal world yeah pretty much although the WOD is generally a bit darker than ours and well the creatures exist so you know the world is a little different for that it is a fictional twist on our world much like our city will be so there will be no real worry of geography being an issue.

But well my question about laws is sort of exactly to do with a normal world I mean we don't want this turning into something akin to a bad movie or TV series with armed monsters strolling the streets dressed up like its normal to appear like some kind of lunatic Ninja. Even though part of its basis is a TV series lol but well its one based in a very sort of normal world which slightly darker tones and elements of the supernatural.

Duchess

yeah, then i think my choice is perfect in , do you have  a sample of the character sheet?

Sabriel

I can link you a sheet yeah to look at if that's what you mean or if you want I can do a mock up type thing for everybody. I will work on that anyway encase you do all want to make a sheet but well I'm not going to enforce that unless it something you all wish to do this is going to be a storytelling game afterall :)

http://www.black-unicorn.org/rpg/sheets/WoD/ctd/Sidhe.pdf

See aren't I nice I even found you an example one that is the exact type of Fae you want to be  ;D

Anyway Ill got write something up encase, ill post them/it on here tomorrow.

Duchess

WerewolfofLondon

Oh! Oh! Oh! Pick me! Pick me! I'd love to get back into playing a WoD game again. I used to play Werewolf: The Apocalypse.
Thinking of playing a Get of Fenris Ragabash!

Sabriel

Character Name
----

Player:

Aliases:
* <Other names your char has gone by that are known>

Creature Type:

Tribe/Clan/Other:

Born:

Description
----

Basic Description:
<What does your actual character look like ? Only items the character always is seen with should be put in this section.>

Other Description:
<If you character has any other type of form or forms please feel free to describe them here.>

Everyday Outfit:

<How does your character typically dress in everyday life? This is how other characters will most often see your character.>

Possessions:

Common Knowledge

----

* <List what is comonly known about your char here>
* <hit enter and type more stuff>
* <keep going>

Rumours

----

* <List some juicy gossip about your char>
* <it doesn't have to be true>
* <just things that people would hear>
* <Let others add more>

Daily Routine
----

* <What does your character do everyday?>
* <Keep going>
* <Is there anything that is only certain days?>

History
----

[Character History] (The info in here is not to be assumed to be in character knowledge unless specifically told by the player or the ST for a specific reason. This is place to share what you created about your character but it is not absolutely needed. If the character has secrets that may be dangerous you may elect to leave this section blank or to only post part of the history.)

• How old are you?
• What was your family life like?
• When did you have when/your Embraced/First Change? etc
• Where do you live now?
• What motivates you?

Quotes
  (Entirely optional :P )
----

* <List some quotes by or about your char>
* <Add more>
* <Keep going>

Soundtrack (Entirely optional :P )
----

* <List a Song that Fits the Character> ~ <List the Artist> (<Enter Year or other info>)
* <List a Song that Fits the Character> ~ <List the Artist> (<Enter Year or other info>)

Name:
Nature:
Demeanor:

Attributes
Strength:     Dexterity:         Stamina:
Charisma:    Manipulation:    Appearance:
Perception:   Intelligence:     Wits:

Abilities
Alertness:                  Animal Ken:              Academics:
Athletics:                   Crafts:                      Computer:
Brawl:                       Drive:                       Finance:
Dodge:                      Etiquette:                  Investigation:
Empathy:                   Firearms:                  Law:
Expression:                Melee:                      Linguistics:
Intimidation:              Performance:             Medicine:
Leadership:               Security:                    Occult:
Streetwise:                Stealth:                      Politics:
Subterfuge:               Survival:                    Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Virtues
Conscience:
Self-control:
Courage:

Humanity:
Willpower:
Merits:
Flaws:

Other Supernatural Traits:
Specialties:
Equipment(carried):
Notes/Home Equipment:

Duchess

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: i think i should had stayed quiet... laughs amazed

QuoteName: same name like before??
Nature: can you explain?
Demeanor: can you explain?
can you explain?
can you explain?

Attributes can you explain?
Strength:     Dexterity:         Stamina:
Charisma:    Manipulation:    Appearance:
Perception:   Intelligence:     Wits:

Abilities can you explain?
Alertness:                  Animal Ken:              Academics:
Athletics:                   Crafts:                      Computer:
Brawl:                       Drive:                       Finance:
Dodge:                      Etiquette:                  Investigation:
Empathy:                   Firearms:                  Law:
Expression:                Melee:                      Linguistics:
Intimidation:              Performance:             Medicine:
Leadership:               Security:                    Occult:
Streetwise:                Stealth:                      Politics:
Subterfuge:               Survival:                    Science:

not that good at filling system type sheets, what should i add behind each?

Sabriel

I did not actually make that all myself I borrowed some the little template from a friend with permission of course :)

It is an entirely optional thing too really don't go obsessing over filling it all out or anything because to be honest I'm perfectly fine with just character info and a bit of history etc.

Sabriel

Hehe yeah I can explain and will Ill write up a little guide and post it in a bit.  ;D