What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on December 25, 2010, 05:39:39 PM
Battlefield: Bad Company 2. It's awesome. Although if you're used to the auto-injector from the first one, 2 kind of kicks your ass. (Because I keep throwing grenades looking for it. XD)

Vietnam is better! Vietnam is better! Get some!

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on December 25, 2010, 05:46:23 PM
Vietnam is better! Vietnam is better! Get some!
Don't play games whose focus is on real-world wars.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Sigh...really considering just selling/trading in my PS3.

I haven't played it since May or June, and there hasn't been a single game to come out yet that I want on it, or that isn't on the 360 as well. The only upcoming games I can foresee wanting are LittleBigplanet 2, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII, but I can go without those two, and two games aren't enough to make me want to keep it.

Plus, all of my friends are on 360 anyway, so...I really don't know why I'm keeping it around anymore. :/

Hemingway

Since no good games are coming before February, possibly March, this may be a good time to catch up on some games I missed. Maybe finish AC2 and get Brotherhood.

Inkidu

Dead Space 2 needs to hurry up and get here! I already got all 44 achievements for Dead Space. Seriously, if they were going to do an import (and they shouldn't just saying) my Issac would be killing Necros with his sheer badassedness alone.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on December 26, 2010, 01:14:07 PM
Since no good games are coming before February, possibly March, this may be a good time to catch up on some games I missed. Maybe finish AC2 and get Brotherhood.

Dead Space 2
Littlebigplanet 2
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
DC Universe Online

...4 good games that are coming out before February.

:D

dready

Quote from: Hemingway on December 26, 2010, 01:14:07 PM
There is no flaw in your plan. You should perform such actions swift and without mercy upon those who dare stop such events from setting in motion. *gives a carpenter's hammer* For protection.

Sabby

Orange Box and Vietiful Joe :)

dready

Minecraft and Black Ops. A very bad combination of games to switch out on, because one makes you tweak out, and the other brings urges of violence.

Okay, both do that, but one more so than the other.

Inkidu

Bwah, BF:BC 2 is giving me fits. They give me a tank. Awesome! They put me up against TOWs (Basically means Tank Obliterating Weapon). Bad planing on the army's part. See I destroy the SAM sites. The gunships should reward me with a nice salvo of rockets. Nope Bad Company gets no respect.

Wyrd

Halo:reach. possibly the only halo game that I've ever enjoyed
Ragtime Dandies!

Wolfy

The 3DS is up for pre-order...^-^ I hope it actually comes out in March, like they've said.

Drusilla

This "What Are You Playing" Thread...
"It is easy to go down into Hell; night and day the gates of dark death stand wide; but to climb back up again, to retrace one's steps to open air, there lies the problem, the difficult task." - Virgil: The Aeneid

dready

Quote from: Wyrd on December 27, 2010, 06:02:18 PM
Halo:reach. possibly the only halo game that I've ever enjoyed

I enjoyed the story for ODST but yeah, reach is the only one that i genuinely enjoyed enough to want to play through its storyline more than once, and not for achievements, just to play it again.

Bayushi

Civilization V.

Fun game, but it ends all too quickly, which has left me kinda disappointed. I love the eternally long games.

Also not a fan of it's integration with Steam.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on December 27, 2010, 05:59:49 PM
Bwah, BF:BC 2 is giving me fits. They give me a tank. Awesome! They put me up against TOWs (Basically means Tank Obliterating Weapon). Bad planing on the army's part. See I destroy the SAM sites. The gunships should reward me with a nice salvo of rockets. Nope Bad Company gets no respect.

TOWs are effective, but consider that getting on a mounted gun is, in the world of Bad Company 2, essentially like stepping into a suicide booth. They even put shields on the MGs, but snipers still pick you off like it's nobody's business! Even helicopter pilots aren't safe! I'm betting they took that into consideration when sending you out like that. Or they just don't care!

Edit: I may be going out to get me a new game tomorrow, and it'll probably be either Darksiders or HAWX2, but ... I could use someone's opinion on HAWX 2. I adored HAWX, so ... based on that, can anyone recommend it?

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on December 28, 2010, 02:12:40 PM
TOWs are effective, but consider that getting on a mounted gun is, in the world of Bad Company 2, essentially like stepping into a suicide booth. They even put shields on the MGs, but snipers still pick you off like it's nobody's business! Even helicopter pilots aren't safe! I'm betting they took that into consideration when sending you out like that. Or they just don't care!

Edit: I may be going out to get me a new game tomorrow, and it'll probably be either Darksiders or HAWX2, but ... I could use someone's opinion on HAWX 2. I adored HAWX, so ... based on that, can anyone recommend it?
I know I've sniped MG guys with an M-30 before. Well it's not so much sniping as saturation. Still, when you're on a gun you last considerably longer.

You don't want my opinion on anything H.A.W.X. related. I don't like the first and the second didn't score all that impressive by G.I. and some of the more well-written Game Faqs reviews.

Wolfy

Still playing WoW...hit level 80, so now I'm finally doing Cataclysm content.

This Friday, I'll be getting Fallout: new Vegas and a few other games from the steam sale. ^-^

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on December 28, 2010, 07:29:13 PM
You don't want my opinion on anything H.A.W.X. related. I don't like the first and the second didn't score all that impressive by G.I. and some of the more well-written Game Faqs reviews.

I've stopped listening to reviews entirely. It's all subjective, and their views apparently don't overlap with mine, in the least. Besides, you can more or less guess what scores games are going to get based on the hype and expectation. I could make some predictions right now, and while some of them might get way better or worse scores, I think for the most part I'd be right.

Tiaan

Currently being titillated by Nathan Drake in Unchartered 2! Making him roll through puddles and such ;D

DudelRok

I shifted all my JRPG stuff to the side and am playing Morrowind GoTY on my Xbox. I wanna beat it, again, so it's "officially recorded" on my Backloggery. Same with the two expansions that are included.

Right now, though, I'm doing House Hlaalu quests what with playing my custom made thief. Thief is my go-to and should, well is, be an easy play through. No acrobatics, or anything, I'm just naturally prone to the behavior so the game flows naturally that way.

I STILL wanna make a good mage built but am having SO MUCH TROUBLE with it. Fkn' broken magic system in vanilla Morrowind.

Second run will be an Argonian warrior type, for giggles. I like the Argonian. Anyone who's been in IRC or pokes anthro threads knows kinda why. XD

Yay 4 reptiles!

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

dready

Quote from: DudelRok on December 29, 2010, 01:45:10 PM
I STILL wanna make a good mage built but am having SO MUCH TROUBLE with it. Fkn' broken magic system in vanilla Morrowind.

Yay 4 reptiles!
I advise getting spells that allow you to heal quickly first, then deal damage. Create a ton of potions, and do very easy quests for experience. I only got through the game otherwise as a battle mage, using a sword and wearing very light armor.

Wolfy

Gonna be picking up Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas this friday..along with any other games that are on sale from steam (I'll probably go with some of the Indie packs).

Inkidu

Hemingway: Well, you see the idea is to get a pool of reviews from fairly reliable places. (I have not seen any place that offers peer-reviewed video game reviews) then you try and gauge it from that. I've only ever disagreed entirely with two of G.I.'s reviews and a lot of the peer stuff comes from the net. Until you can show me a purely empirical way to rate a video game. I'm stuck with only so much money to spend.

Beat Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Vastly superior to the CoD franchise in every way. (Sorry Infinity Ward. I know they got booted.)

CaringGuy

Right now I'm in the middle of Valkyria Chronicles.  Feel like a bit of a weirdo because I ended up making a squad of primarily females... for strategic purposes obviously.  Yes.  Strategic purposes.

Seriously though, I'm having the same problem with this game that I have with most strategy games.  I suck at strategy.  I'm oftentimes impatient and compulsive when it comes to video games, so I've failed numerous missions so far just because I 'obviously didn't think things through'.  With that being said, I'm still loving every moment of it.  Not since Disgea have I felt this entitled to a complete a game of this variety.  It's just so much fun!

Oh, and I tried out Let's Dance 2.  Thought it sucked, but I'm not much fond of a lot of party games.  If I wanted to dance around and make a fool of myself, I'd do it without the motion sensor.