Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"Just press the blue button on the front of the device, it only takes about 30 seconds. If Jake's smart he's programmed it so you'll both appear in the same place," Lena said with a laugh.

"I think I've been in this job long enough to know what to do," Jake said with a wry smile. He pressed the button, vanishing in a small flash of light and appearing in a small alley opposite a cafe he knew in the present day from his few visits to Dallas, waiting for Hannah to appear.

Lady Temptress

Hannah chuckles at Jake and Lena. " See you soon Lena, I hope." then the girl blinks as Jake vanishes out of sight and then she presses her button on the device on her wrist and the next thing she knows, she is in Dallas Texas in the past before JFK Iis murdered...this is just totally amazingly fantastic!
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"We've got..." he looked at the time on his device, trying to remember the time mentioned in the newspaper, "...3 hours before the assassin kills Oswald. So we've got two options: we try and find the assassin now when we aren't sure where he'll be or stop at the cafe across the road and see what we can find out. Which would you prefer?"

Lady Temptress

she thought for a 0bit and then she gave an answer. " Find the assassin first. as you said, we have 3 hour's to do so. So, let's go. Wait, we have no car. How are going to get around the city?" she questions with a curious gaze in her eyes.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Well we're not far from where Oswald sets up his sniper's nest. We may almost be better waiting for them there. But I'm quite hungry so I wouldn't mind stopping to eat something at the cafe, if you don't mind I mean."

Lady Temptress

" How do we stop them?" she gazes at Jake with a curious gleam in her eyes and then her stomach began to rumble for food. " Well, food is a great idea. I hope you have cash with you?. I have some too, if we need it. Come on darlin', let's go to the cafe. Time to eat." she chuckles and she winks at Jale with a shyness in her eyes and her voice.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"We'll think of something I'm sure," he replied. He took her hand, pressing the stealth button on her device before pressing his own. "I forgot my money, do you mind paying? I'll pay you back when I get the chance." They crossed the road, glad to see the area was relatively deserted at that moment.

Lady Temptress

Hannah thought for a bit and then she answers him. " Since we are engaged to be married, correct? Then, you do not have to pay me back. Anyways, my treat. " she says with a smile as they went across the street to the cafe. When they went inside she gazes up at Jake again. " Would you like to sit in a table or a booth, Jake? Oh and order whatever you wish. I brought enough cash to last awhile, just in case." she nods to the waitress who comes to seat them and Hannah waits for Jake to decide where he would like to be seated at.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Window seat would be better," he replied. "If our assassins just happen to walk past the cafe we're better off sitting somewhere we can see them. As for food, a cake and a glass of lemonade will do me fine thanks." He found a seat where he could get a clear view of most of the street outside and sat down.

Lady Temptress

Ooc sorry for the wait hun. Real life had me busy. IC- Hannah smiles at Jake and she nods. " Whatever your heart desires." she said with a chuckle as the waiter sat them at a window seat and he took their orders. A few minutes later he brought their food and drinks. "  How do we get my memories back?" she askes as they kept looking out the window in bewteen bites of their food and sipping of their drinks.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't know," he said, wanting to have an answer but knowing there wasn't one he knew about. "A fracture this big...we may take a long time to repair the damage that was done, it may never be entirely the same as it was before the timeline changed."

Lady Temptress

" I see, so what about us? Do we remain engaged? Or start over?" she hates that she cant remember and yet, she feels love for Jake, the being in love with him type of love. " Ah, or cakes and drinks. I am nervous and excited about this mission. Will our lives always be like this Jake?" ooc sorry for the wait. Real life had me busy, but I am back now. :P
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't know," he said. "But...if you want to try then, if we both get out of this situation alive, we could always go on a date and start again if things haven't reverted to normal." Even as he spoke he had half an eye on two figures across the street. One was talking to a newspaper vendor while their companion was stood slightly awkwardly to one side, looking up and down the street as if he was waiting for someone or something.

Lady Temptress

ooc Sorry for tge wait hun. I had a very busy weekend. IC : She smiles with a faint blush at her cheeks and she nods her head. " I suppose we could go on a date, but what if the sparks don't fly between us like it did before? What do we do then Jake? " she shifts her gaze to the window to watxh the goings  on  and  she arches her brows with a gasp. " Jake, look honey, isn't that the man we are watching for?" she motions to the guy crossing the street from the store next to the cafe.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Not necessarily," he said, even though inwardly he didn't believe that statement himself.  He reached a hand to his right ear, as if to scratch the back of it while actually activating a small communicator behind his ear. "Lena, is the uplink to my contact lenses working?"

"It is," Lena replied. "Be careful you two, the images I'm getting are...weird. I'm not sure those two are what they appear to be."

"Okay," Jake said, switching it off again just before the waitress arrived with their orders. He waited till she was gone before turning back to Hannah. "Whether they're our assassins or not we need to move soon. I don't know why but I'm getting a very bad feeling about this."

Lady Temptress

Hannah calls the waitress over to give them the check and a few moments later the lady brings it over and lays the thin black tray with the check in it. She pulls $20.00 out of her purse annd she lays it in the tray, whistling for the waitress again. She had also added a tip to the lady. The waitress brings $9.50 in change back to Hannah and Hannah thanks her. She then puts the change in her purse and gathers their bag up. " Lets go Jale." she slid out of the booth and Hannah leaves out of the cafe with Jake. " What are we supposed to do next, Jake?" she asked with a curious sparkling gaze in her eyes as she kept focusing upon Jake's eyes, waitong for an answer. She then let her irisis drift to the people that they are observing.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

He turned so that neither of the figures could see what he was saying. "We need to get to that building, it'll take us fifteen minutes walking. Something is wrong with those two, my contact lenses are equipped with all sorts of  alternate vision modes and...let's just say I hope mine are suffering from some kind of glitch."

Lady Temptress

" I see and well, we best get moving then. Come on." Hannah took hold of Jake's right hand into her own, if he allows her to do so ans if he did then she would hurry them both across the street to the building. Then the girl looks around for an easier way to get in the establishment without raising suspiscion from the two men that they are watching and following.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I wouldn't normally suggest the front door," Jake said with a laugh. "But if we're trying to avoid raising suspicions its the only option really. Oswald shouldn't be there quite yet and I know which room of the building we need to wait in." He took her across the road, ducking inside the door as someone came out of the building.

Lady Temptress

" Alright Jake, we will do that." she  gave a nod of her head as they dart and duck into the building. Hannah keeeps quiet until Jake says anything and she is simply following his lead, since he is the expert in thos business.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Lena, have you analyzed the image I got of those figures," he said as they found the room, almost relieved to find neither Oswald or the assassins had arrived yet. "Tell me you saw what I did."

"Unfortunately yes," Lena replied. "You'd better show this to Hannah too."

"My contacts include a thermal imaging mode," he said as he pressed buttons on his device. "This is the thermal imaging shot of the pair near the cafe." An image appeared on the screen but where the two figures should be there wasn't even a hint of heat showing.

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she stands there waiting for their next moves, while Jake is speaking to Lena. Hannah keeps trying to remember the time with Jake and yet, everything is a blur.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Lena, that's not possible," Jake said. "Every human being gives off heat, there's no way a living creature could appear grey like that."

"Which means either your machine is broken," Lena replied, "we have robot assassins hunting Lee Harvey Oswald or...I'm not sure you want to know the other option."

Lady Temptress

Hannah tilts her head at Jake and she waits for him and Lena to finish their conversation. She sighs a bit and then her brows raise up as she swears to herself that she heard the mentioning of robotic assassins. What the hell? Oh, this just keeps getting better and better. She smirks and she gazes at Jake. " Well, what's our next move?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

He was about to answer when a noise came from the direction of the door. He put a hand to her mouth to ensure she didn't unwittingly give their position away as he found a hiding place. A man confidently strode in carrying a heavily wrapped object. While Jake hadn't been back to this time before the man's face was unmistakable from newspaper reports. 'Oswald' he mouthed to Hannah, nodding in the direction of the man who was now setting his sniper rifle up. "We need to stop them before they get to this room," he whispered to her. "I'm not sure we can explain this to Lee if he sees what happens without risking more damage to the future."