Sometimes Rage is a Good Thing

Started by Inkidu, February 20, 2011, 10:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

http://www.rage.com/

Its got a date people. Id's new thing. September. Sure the post-apocalyptic rpg is running strong now, but hell sometimes you need to just be able to line up a headshot and put someone down without numbers.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Falanor

Ah, another game I must buy...Woohoo!!!

Shjade

Id's making a first person shooter? I hope they don't stumble too much covering this new ground! *prods Inkidu* ;p

On the sliding scale of post-apocalyptic atmosphere it looks like this one lands somewhere between Fallout and Borderlands, but with better-looking models than either. And hopefully minus Borderlands' obnoxious sense of humor. Not too shabby.

Well, okay, yes, extremely shabby, but that's expected after an apocalypse. Shab's kinda the result.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on February 20, 2011, 04:05:11 PM
Id's making a first person shooter? I hope they don't stumble too much covering this new ground! *prods Inkidu* ;p

On the sliding scale of post-apocalyptic atmosphere it looks like this one lands somewhere between Fallout and Borderlands, but with better-looking models than either. And hopefully minus Borderlands' obnoxious sense of humor. Not too shabby.

Well, okay, yes, extremely shabby, but that's expected after an apocalypse. Shab's kinda the result.
Yeah but this is open world. I wonder if Id suffers from agoraphobia sometimes. D:
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on February 20, 2011, 09:28:50 PM
Yeah but this is open world. I wonder if Id suffers from agoraphobia sometimes. D:

Considering their early releases, I would guess a weird combination of agoraphobia and claustrophobia, just because those tiny little places are all filled with nasty things trying to kill you!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17