wordpress -

Started by auroraChloe, December 01, 2009, 03:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auroraChloe

" ack!  being clueless about wordpress and plugins and having to set up a blog for work! "

Quote from: Paradox on December 01, 2009, 02:49:21 PM
A number of members of Elliquiy use Wordpress for their blogs; perhaps you should post a thread in  the HELP! section.   

" You need to make this file writable before you can save your changes. See the Codex for more information "

uh, color me dense...    what is up with the permissions stuff?  i am trying to edit the header's title container per SEO Title Tag's directions and there is no way to save the change. 

can someone maybe direct me to a FREE tutorial or a box of tissues for all these tears of frustration.   

a/a 8/21/17

Lilias

Are you using WP.com or .org? Self-hosted sites have more bells and whistles than simple WPs.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Paradox

Heh. I was going to direct her to you, Lilias, but didn't want to throw your name out there without your consent, lest you prove too busy or distracted to assist  :P

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

auroraChloe

Quote from: Only Mostly Naughty on December 01, 2009, 03:26:37 PM
Are you using WP.com or .org? Self-hosted sites have more bells and whistles than simple WPs. 

i don't even know how to answer that.

the guy who does our website hosting set it up for us, so i imagine it is 'self-hosted'

i would like to know exactly what to say to him to get my permissions to edit bumped up. 

a/a 8/21/17

Lilias

WP.org Support Forums

Post the problem there and stay on the page, because if they're anything like their .com colleagues, you'll get your answer within a few minutes.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

auroraChloe

Quote from: Only Mostly Naughty on December 01, 2009, 03:43:17 PM
WP.org Support Forums

Post the problem there and stay on the page, because if they're anything like their .com colleagues, you'll get your answer within a few minutes.

thank you.. will have to do it tommorrow..    its time for this kid to punch out!

a/a 8/21/17