Babylon Below the Tavern (Rebooting, Roguelike 5e, open)

Started by ZameRagues, October 25, 2017, 09:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexed

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Human enough for a dragonborn or would you rather just something like

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

One day I will find the right word combinations to find what I'm wanting picture wise.

ZameRagues

To be perfectly honest, I'm a sucker for a red head.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Hexed

hah.

Redheads are good!

The question is then... Will she count as a dragonborn? Or should I just hush and use human race? :D

ShadowFox89

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 31, 2017, 09:24:25 PM
To be perfectly honest, I'm a sucker for a red head.

I mean, who isn't? Will have the sheet finished when I get back to my computer. Crunch wise, my gal will be mostly a tank, but can be great DPS as well. I was temp to pick up a level of fighter or ranger, but that felt too cheesy.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ZameRagues

Quote from: Hexed on October 31, 2017, 09:31:18 PM
hah.

Redheads are good!

The question is then... Will she count as a dragonborn? Or should I just hush and use human race? :D
I have no issue call her Dragonborn

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 31, 2017, 09:34:21 PM
I mean, who isn't? Will have the sheet finished when I get back to my computer. Crunch wise, my gal will be mostly a tank, but can be great DPS as well. I was temp to pick up a level of fighter or ranger, but that felt too cheesy.
For those that want to have fun and try some cheese out, now is the time. Up to you though.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

AnneReinard

Anything dandy on mine, or should I add more information? I tried to stick to your skeleton version, but I feel it is a bit light.

...aside from that, maybe I'll look for a nice redhead myself. That honestly is my usual standard!
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

MiraMirror

On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

ZameRagues

Quote from: AnneReinard on October 31, 2017, 10:35:55 PM
Anything dandy on mine, or should I add more information? I tried to stick to your skeleton version, but I feel it is a bit light.

...aside from that, maybe I'll look for a nice redhead myself. That honestly is my usual standard!
Everything looks good, I did forget to add both Background and Spells to the skeleton, so if you wanna toss those on that would be great.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

ZameRagues

So far I have two characters and I'm working with Mira on a third. Who all would like to tackle the dungeon alone and who with partners?
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

MiraMirror

My Monk- Never mind she's a barbarian now, can go for either.

Also, I'll take the NPCs. .3.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Backdraft

AnneReinard

Okay added spells and listed background explicitly! I also linked a Mythweaver sheet I used while setting up the spells. Oof.

I'm happy to work with other people, if you think everything lines up well for a group rather than as individuals! I know that groups can go a little slower though.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

Backdraft

I'm good to post 2-3+ times per day, so frequency isn't an issue for me.

MiraMirror

Name: Areha
Age/Height/Weight: 20/5'10"/220 lbs.
Class: Barbarian 10
Str: 18 (+4) Dex: 8 (-1)    Con: 15 (+2) Int: 8 (-1) Wis: 10 (+0)Cha: 16 (+3)
AC: 14   Speed: 40 ft.  Max HP: 81
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Languages: Common, Draconic
Passive Perception: 10
Tool Proficiencies: Drums (portable?)
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Armor Proficiencies: Light Armor, Medium Armor, shields
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Nature, Perception, Survival
Features:

Racial

Ability Increase
Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Charisma score increases by 1.

Draconic Ancestry: White
You have draconic ancestry. Choose one type of dragon from the Draconic Ancestry table. Your breath weapon and damage Resistance are determined by the dragon type, as shown in the table.

Breath Weapon: Cold

Breath Weapon: You can use your action to exhale destructive energy. Your draconic ancestry determines the size, shape, and damage type of the exhalation.

When you use your breath weapon, each creature in the area of the exhalation must make a saving throw, the type of which is determined by your draconic ancestry. The DC for this saving throw equals 8 + your Constitution modifier + your proficiency bonus. A creature takes 2d6 damage on a failed save, and half as much damage on a successful one. The damage increases to 3d6 at 6th level, 4d6 at 11th level, and 5d6 at 16th level.

After you use your breath weapon, you can’t use it again until you complete a short or Long Rest.

Damage Resistance: Cold
Damage Resistance: You have Resistance to the damage type associated with your draconic ancestry.

Class Features

Rage
In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On Your Turn, you can enter a rage as a Bonus Action.

While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren't wearing heavy armor:

• You have advantage on Strength Checks and Strength saving throws.

• When you make a melee weapon Attack using Strength, you gain a +2 bonus to the damage roll. This bonus increases as you level.

• You have Resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

If you are able to cast Spells, you can't cast them or concentrate on them while raging.

Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked Unconscious or if Your Turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on Your Turn as a Bonus Action.

Once you have raged the maximum number of times for your barbarian level, you must finish a Long Rest before you can rage again. You may rage 2 times at 1st level, 3 at 3rd, 4 at 6th, 5 at 12th, and 6 at 17th.

Unarmored Defense
While you are not wearing any armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a Shield and still gain this benefit.

Danger Sense
At 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren't as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and Spells. To gain this benefit, you can't be Blinded, Deafened, or Incapacitated.

Reckless Attack
Starting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defense to Attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first Attack on Your Turn, you can decide to Attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon Attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but Attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.

Primal Path- Berserker
At 3rd level, you choose a path that shapes the nature of your rage, such as the Path of the Berserker. Your choice grants you features at 3rd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th levels.

Path Abilities

Frenzy
Starting when you choose this path at 3rd level, you can go into a frenzy when you rage. If you do so, for the Duration of your rage you can make a single melee weapon Attack as a Bonus Action on each of your turns after this one. When your rage ends, you suffer one level of Exhaustion (as described in Conditions).

Mindless Rage
Beginning at 6th level, you can’t be Charmed or Frightened while raging. If you are Charmed or Frightened when you enter your rage, the effect is suspended for the Duration of the rage.

Intimidating Presence
Beginning at 10th level, you can use your action to frighten someone with your menacing presence. When you do so, choose one creature that you can see within 30 feet of you. If the creature can see or hear you, it must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw (DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier) or be Frightened of you until the end of your next turn. On subsequent turns, you can use your action to extend the Duration of this effect on the Frightened creature until the end of your next turn. This effect ends if the creature ends its turn out of line of sight or more than 60 feet away from you.
If the creature succeeds on its saving throw, you can’t use this feature on that creature again for 24 hours.

Ability Score Improvement
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two Ability Scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can’t increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

Extra Attack
Beginning at 5th level, you can Attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

Fast Movement
Starting at 5th level, your speed increases by 10 feet while you aren't wearing Heavy Armor.

Feral Instinct
By 7th level, your instincts are so honed that you have advantage on initiative rolls.

Additionally, if you are surprised at the beginning of Combat and aren't Incapacitated, you can act normally on your first turn, but only if you enter your rage before doing anything else on that turn.

Brutal Critical
Beginning at 9th level, you can roll one additional weapon damage die when determining the extra damage for a critical hit with a melee Attack.

This increases to two additional dice at 13th level and three additional dice at 17th level.

Background Feature
You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

Equipment: "Flail", Spear, explorer's pack, 6 javelins,
Gloves of Shocking Grasp
Simple leather gloves marked with runes of lightning. Whenever the wearer strikes with unarmed strikes or natural weapons they deal an additional 1d8 lightning damage. You also have advantage on attack rolls if the target is wearing armor made of metal. On a hit the target can't take reactions until the start of it's next turn.
Tattoo of the Iron Scale
The bearer of this tattoo upon activation can increase their Armor Class  by +2. Upon activation their skin becomes covered in dragon like scales and their body hardens against attacks. This tattoo requires attunement

Attacks: Claws+8 (1d4+4 slashing +1d8 lightning); "Tail"(Flail)+8 (1d8+4 bludgeoning +1d8 lightning); Spear+8 (1d6+4 piercing)
Feats:
Dragon Fear
When angered, you radiate menace. You gain the following benefits:
•Increase your Strength or Charisma score by 1, up to a maximum of 20.
•Instead of exhaling destructive energy, you can roar and expend a use of your breath weapon to force each creature of your choice within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom saving throw
(DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier). A target automatically succeeds if it can’t hear or see you. On a failed save, a target becomes frightened for 1 minute. If the frightened target takes any damage, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on itself on a success.
Dragon Hide
You inherited the might and majesty of your dragon ancestors. You gain the following benefits:
•Increase your Strength or Charisma score by 1, up to a maximum of 20.
•You grow retractable claws from the tips of your fingers.Extending or retracting the claws requires no action.The claws are natural weapons, which you can use to make unarmed  strikes. If you hit with them, you deal slashing damage equal to 1d4 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.
•Your scales harden; you gain a +1 bonus to AC while you aren’t wearing armor.

Favored Kink: Being forced into sexual slavery with gangbangs, though she'll never admit it to anyone.
Player offs: Watersports, scat, snuff, full-body latex, latex masks
Brief History/Concept:  Areha lived on the edge of civilization, more of a wild woman than most people.  Born in the wilderness, disagreements shook her small family.  Eventually, they broke apart.  Areha's twin sister went with their father to live in civilized society, while Areha stayed just barely on the edge of it, learning the ways of the wild and how to harness her rage properly.  There was a great anger in her lineage, and it was both her greatest strength, and her greatest weakness.  While she was busy training, it seemed her sister had tried to make a name for herself as an adventurer.  While she hadn't necessarily failed, Areha failed to see the wisdom in this.  If she wouldn't adventure out of the town to ruins, wilderness, and mountains in the distance, what hope had she?  It was a foolish venture.  However, when she heard Rae was heading into that thrice-damned dungeon protected by naught but a rune, she grew concerned.  When she did not hear from her for some time, she grew worried.  Now she finds herself in town herself, aiming to delve into the depths of the dungeon herself to find her sister and break some things while she's at it.

MiraMirror

Areha makes the stabbies, smackies, and slashies. -Nod nod-

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

MiraMirror

She was going to probably go on her own if possible.   If I'm stepping on toes, I can change.

Lockepick

Working on my sheet! Currently going a Lore Wizard -- looking to be part of a group. 

I had a question: Are we getting any additional starting gold for mundane gear? Higher tier armor (Without it being magical); spell inscriptions; magic components (eg: 100gp pearl for Identify)?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

ZameRagues

Quote from: Lockepick on November 01, 2017, 04:55:57 PM
Working on my sheet! Currently going a Lore Wizard -- looking to be part of a group. 

I had a question: Are we getting any additional starting gold for mundane gear? Higher tier armor (Without it being magical); spell inscriptions; magic components (eg: 100gp pearl for Identify)?
I'll give 2000 gold to everyone then for mundane gear, such as armor spell things, etc.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

adventure girls

radiating honest ignorance
discord & email on request

o/o, char sheets, & stuff

ZameRagues

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=277775.0

Here is the game thread for those playing. For those running solo get going, those who act first get glory first. Those with a partner, grab em a get going.
If people end up in the same room then you can interact with each other. Once they leave the room you must either follow or else you can not hear, see, or interact with them, unless something allows you to do so.

Currently Areha/Miramirror, Kara/Annereinard, and Nyx/Backdraft are approved and can jump right in.

There is still room for one more player.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Backdraft

Quote from: ZameRagues on November 01, 2017, 09:34:08 PM
I'll give 2000 gold to everyone then for mundane gear, such as armor spell things, etc.

Is this to be spent in-game, or during character creation? I was thinking about upgrading to studded leather armor.

ZameRagues

It's available for character creation, you can use it in game though as well.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Backdraft

Quote from: ZameRagues on November 05, 2017, 08:27:06 AM
It's available for character creation, you can use it in game though as well.

Sweet! Thanks! I'll update my sheet, then get started on my first post.