Once upon a time...(closed)

Started by Levi, October 16, 2017, 12:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi

At the edge of a dark and enchanted forest.....

There was an old mansion, in one of the rooms of the mansion before a roaring fire sat a man, on his lap was a large book. Sitting around him on various cushions were a group of students. The man coughed his deep voice began.

Are you all sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin. Once upon a time..... Or so the story goes as he read something began to happen.

The book began to glow with an eerie purple light and the room around them began to dissolve, the group found themselves sucked into the book itself, however some of the main characters from the book were missing!

It was up to the group to replace the missing characters, finish there stories and find a way back home.....

Ok everyone it's just a rough idea for now, just to see if I get any interest. The characters would become classic fairy tail characters as traditional/dark/ modern. However you like,who ever you like.

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Dragongoddess

This sounds really cool.  I'll keep an eye on it.

corvusul86

I'm a big fan of Fairy Tales, so I'm certainly interested.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Could I play the Big Bad Wolf?

asking for a friend. :)

Levi

Quote from: Cataclysmic Archangel on October 16, 2017, 04:58:03 PM
Could I play the Big Bad Wolf?

asking for a friend. :)

Absolutely, any character, from any fairy tail.

Thanks for the interest guys I'll get a character sheet up later on today :)

corvusul86

Do you want us to play characters from very prominent Faerie Tales (the Disney-type classics), or can we branch out into characters from some of the lesser known stories?

Levi

Quote from: corvusul86 on October 16, 2017, 11:06:07 PM
Do you want us to play characters from very prominent Faerie Tales (the Disney-type classics), or can we branch out into characters from some of the lesser known stories?

I'm actually going to try and keep away from the Disney's, and look more at the Grimm stories and others along that line.. So you can absolutely look into lesser known fairy tails

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Levi on October 17, 2017, 02:02:17 AM
I'm actually going to try and keep away from the Disney's, and look more at the Grimm stories and others along that line.. So you can absolutely look into lesser known fairy tails

90% of disney fairy tales are bastardized Grimms anyway. :)

Levi

Quote from: Cataclysmic Archangel on October 17, 2017, 10:18:11 AM
90% of disney fairy tales are bastardized Grimms anyway. :)

This is true :), and if you did choose one of those stories I would prefer the grim version over Disney :) would like to keep it fairly dark.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Wolf it is. :)  One of my favorite 'dark' options. 

Bekah Boo

Oooo I'm peeked ;3
Would a version of Thumblina be acceptable?
Or I do have another with the girl with no hands.

Levi

Quote from: Bekah Boo on October 17, 2017, 11:58:26 AM
Oooo I'm peeked ;3
Would a version of Thumblina be acceptable?
Or I do have another with the girl with no hands.

Ohh Thumblina, that could be really interesting, I'm also curious about the girl with no hands to :)

Bekah Boo

Uggg I hate having to choose....*flips a coin*  Lol.

If this is going the darker route anyways I think the girl with no hands would be best, as I had written up a whole backstory and such for the character a while back and have been itching to use her again.
That said if doubling was allowed I could also do Thumblina as well, so yea ;3

I'll send in the initial character sheet here in a bit.

Levi

Quote from: Bekah Boo on October 17, 2017, 02:23:03 PM
Uggg I hate having to choose....*flips a coin*  Lol.

If this is going the darker route anyways I think the girl with no hands would be best, as I had written up a whole backstory and such for the character a while back and have been itching to use her again.
That said if doubling was allowed I could also do Thumblina as well, so yea ;3

I'll send in the initial character sheet here in a bit.

Not sure how many characters I'm going to allow as yet I'm going to put up the sheet right after this post actually lol :)

Bekah Boo

Quote from: Levi on October 17, 2017, 03:23:18 PM
Not sure how many characters I'm going to allow as yet I'm going to put up the sheet right after this post actually lol :)

No worries ;3
I'll stick with the girl with no hands for now ;3

Levi

Before: [b]Name[/b]
[b]Age[/b]
[b] Description[/b] At least a paragraph or picture
[b] Personality[/b]
[b] Background[/b]
*Extra*  out of all the students in the class why has yours been chosen for this extra curricular lecture?

The before character must have either personal looks, or traits that related to there fail tail character, it could be something as simple as red hair- little red riding hood

After: [b]Name[/b]
[b] Description[/b]
*Extra* please either link a copy of the story your using or outline a breif description (this is just so I can make sure your fairy tail character follows the right track)

I'll be choosing Hansel and Gretel for my fairytale, I'll also have an NPC who is the teacher/ narrator.

Okay Bekah Boo! :)

Levi

Before: Name Hannah McTavish
Age 20
Description
Personality The youngest child of twins, Hannah is used to getting her own way, she has a strong bond with her older brother. Hannah is a quick and expressive thinker, she is overly freindly and this leads her into all sorts of problems when she makes friends with the wrong people. She's a bit of a daredevil and doesn't mind trying out different sports or activities. She also has one hell of a sweet tooth.
Background Hannah and her brother Graham used to live with their father, their birth mother died when they were born, their father thought it was best that they have a female role model around and remarried when the twins were six. Neither they or their stepmother got on, and as soon as they could the twins moved out. Hannah decided to go to university to study English, while her brother got work in the nearest town.
*Extra*  out of all the students in the class why has yours been chosen for this extra curricular lecture? Hannah was no High- flyer but her vivid re enactments of her latest escapade drew her teachers attention. When the opportunity to attend a story telling seminar arose, Hannah signed up, thinking the extra credit would help her in the long run. She completely ignored the possibly dangerous side effect of going to a stranger's home....at night.

After: Name Gretel
Description when sucked into the book Hannah finds her clothes have changed to a green pinafore type dress.
https://www.grimmstories.com/en/grimm_fairy-tales/hansel_and_gretel

corvusul86

Before: Name Lisa Stepurin
Age 19
Description Lisa is a young woman with long, golden blonde hair and large blue eyes.  She has a prominent nose which only adds to her beauty with the character it gives to her face.  She is slim and athletic, with strong shoulders and wide hips, but still a very attractive, feminine build.  She usually wears comfortable yoga pants and cute tops around campus, although when she has time she likes to dress up nicely.
Personality Lisa is a bit shy, preferring to avoid large crowds, but people who get to know her discover she has a sharp, sarcastic sense of humor.  Lisa is a dreamer, often lost in her own world, sometimes to the detriment of her personal relationships or classwork.  She also gets obsessed with things easily, and has earned a reputation for being unreliable, as she often forgets her friends or even classes when something catches her attention.  While she loves reading, binge watching Netflix, and similar activities, her true passion is cosplay, and she has her dorm stuffed with costumes and costume making supplies.
Background Lisa's mother died of cancer when she was a child, and her last gift was a small wooden doll that had been a family heirloom for generations.  Medical bills almost drove the family into bankruptcy, and her father had to work multiple jobs and long hours to support him and his daughter, leaving Lisa alone most of her childhood.  The doll became her best friend, and while she eventually made normal friendships at school, it still has a prominent place in her dorm room, and she sticks it in her purse when she needs the comfort of having it with her.  She still hasn't settled on a major, as every class seems interesting, and she has a stack of partially filled out declaration forms for a dozen majors on her desk.
*Extra*  out of all the students in the class why has yours been chosen for this extra curricular lecture? She has shown off some costumes based on some of the literature covered in the classes, and it was impressively done.  She decided to attend as she's missed a few assignments and could really use some extra credit to keep her scholarship.

The before character must have either personal looks, or traits that related to there fail tail character, it could be something as simple as red hair- little red riding hood

After: Name Vasilisa
Description Inside of the book she finds herself wearing a loose white peasant blouse under a beautiful blue dress with red trim.  While obviously hand tailored, the lovely dress is made from sturdy, thick cloth unlike the material she uses for costume creation, leaving her very confused about where it came from.
*Extra* please either link a copy of the story your using or outline a breef description (this is just so I can make sure your fairy tail character follows the right track) Vasilisa the Fair -- http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegends/textonly117-baba-yaga-and-vasilisa-the-fair.html

Cataclysmic Archangel

Before:
Name Gregor Steppenwolfe
Age 18
Description The cliche captain of the football team.  Tall and limber, well muscled but not overly 'jockish'.  Dark hair that always seems perfectly styled, and a smile that always seems cocky and inviting.  Boyish charm that's quickly making way into 'come hither' looks that always seem to draw the girl's attention.
Personality A cocky little git, really.  Gregor is born from money, and doesn't mind showing off with a fancy sports car and expensive gifts for his flavor of the week girlfriends.  He's the quintessential jock that everyone hated in High School; he's the Homecoming King, the captain of the football team, the star quarterback.  He's a god amongst teenagers, and he knows it.  And when he gets older, he'll take over one of daddy's businesses, fuck the secretary, and live like a king.
Background No sob stories here.  No dramatic, traumatic events.  The Steppenwolf family is old money, new to the States but originally from some small country in Europe that no one can pronounce.  Mining and import exports, now mostly just a lot of good investments and a slew of positions as board members on lucrative firms.  Daddy is old money, while he's on his third trophy wife; he tends to cash them in every 7 years or so for a new model with a healthy payout.  Gregor already assumes the same for his life as a prince of the the industry.  He's living the good life, spoiled rotten and a chip off the chauvinistic block.
*Extra*  out of all the students in the class why has yours been chosen for this extra curricular lecture?  After three too many 'incidents' with fighting against some of the less popular kids, and too many times getting caught making eyes at some of the new mea.... er, teachers, the principle decided that perhaps Gregor needed to find a new outlet, Breakfast Club style.  Something that would force him to use his mind, instead of his muscles.

After:
Name The Wolf
Description The Big Bad Wolf.  Nearly 7 feet tall, all muscle and dark slate fur.  Probably close to three hundred pounds.  Sharp claws.  Red glowing eyes.  Fangs.  Rar.

Little Red Riding Hood --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Red_Riding_Hood

Bekah Boo

Before:

Name: Madeline Hessington
Personality: Timid and quite distant Madeline prefers to keep herself from others and more focused on her studies than anything social which more often than not does make her come off as quite cold, though in reality she is more anxious and fearful more than anything. Painfully quiet she is never seen without some form of covering over herself which is usually either a large sweater and scarf even on days when the weather does not permit it, as when she does speak up it's usually like a small chime of a bell and just as soft. She often flinches at loud noises or at the sounds of arguing, though when she is spoken to she does respond quite politely albeit a tad almost too innocent for what she has been through,there are many varying rumors floating around her but no one knows the full details of just what degree is actually true or not.

Background: Born to a lower middle class family Madeline's early life was fairly typical of any other, she had friends and was for the most part a happy child who always wore a bright smile for all those around her to see. For a while things were as perfect as one could imagine life to be though the first of many wounds she would face would be set off by her father's seemingly bizarre and erratic behavior as time went on. Madeline's mother was a hard working woman who did all that she could to keep her family happy and content yet with the passing years she would find her once darling husband changing in a way that she could have never expected. At first he would seemingly explode over the smallest little notion as there was always an apology and telling he simply had a short fuse, yet little by little the kind and loving man she once knew and married began to warp into someone or something she could no longer recognize. With his mood swings fueled by bouts of depression and alcohol began to intensify Madeline's mother began to fear for her life and that of her unborn child, Madeline's little brother, and the woman made a choice that would forever impact her only daughter.

In the dead of night the sleepy child would watch as her mother passed by her bedroom one last time, suitcase in hand and tears streaking down her beaten features, the woman at her wits end and knew for her own safety and that of her still growing child within her she had to escape.Without a word she would flee into the night never to be seen by her daughter ever again, as a child so young Madeline did not understand and yet seemingly to her father he did not even remotely care. Years later Madeline would ponder if her mother had the intentions to find her once she found shelter away from her abusive husband, though with the torture now turned upon her she had little doubt in her mind such was not the case, as the abuse she had been shielded from as a child now came upon her. The father and daughter would move constantly throughout the years due to her father's inability to hold down a job or statements that the neighbors around them were trying to drill into his brain, as each time she was uprooted Madeline felt the need to make connections with kids around her all the more meaningless.

Into her teenage years Madeline often did what she could to remain as studious and knowledgeable as she could in hopes that one day she could find herself in a stable position to not only support herself but her father, that despite his abuse she could not bring herself to hate him. He was merely sick in the head and unwilling to find support for such, as his mad ravings and lashings he brought upon his daughter could not be helped, despite how they left her lithe form dotted with wounds.Her most grievous of wounds upon her hands as one chilly December night Madeline returned home from what little shopping she could to find her father having a fit within the kitchen, his roaring hysteria leaving the entire apartment in shambles as he tore everything around him to ribbons. She had tried to ease her father's crazed behavior only to find him turning on herself to spew venom towards her of being unpure and like her mother who would leave him just as she had, unaware that the pot of boiling water on the stove was meant for her as he grabbed his daughter to teach her to 'repent'. Plunging her delicate hands into the boiling water Madeline let out a blood curdling scream as her father seared her hands to forever mar them and leave them unable to feel, the lengthy hospital stay as well as her excuse leaving no investigation to be had, it was ruled an accident and even now Madeline still has no feeling within them. With a hefty amount of focus and practice she can use them albeit slowly and carefully, as they still pain her and have left her once creamy skin a cruel and heated reminder of just how deranged her father truly was.
*Extra*  Madeline is exceptionally bright as she takes her studies very seriously in an effort to make sure she can get as many grants and scholarships as she can given her family status, though many speculate it is also an effort to help her open up more in a more fantasy fueled setting that could ease her social anxiety.

After:

Name: Emelie
*Extra* http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm031.html

Levi

All fab profiles guys, I've opened a OOC https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=277015.0

So I'll see you there! :)

BlueEyedBard

Hey there! If you all still have room it like to submit a cs.

Before:

Name Tim Morgan
Age 19
Personality Tim is very personable and gets along with anyone easily. He's also known to be very charming when he wants something.
He is very quick and very smart. A bad combination when he sets his eyes on something he wants. Especially if that something is in the possession of someone he doesn't feel deserves it.
Background To call Tim a thief was really not very respectful of his art. If he was going to coin a phrase he would prefer "Con-artist", it sounded sexier. But of course he had to work his way up to that.

Growing up Tom's parents had always been honest, hard working people, and strict as anyone could hope for. To their dismay, they noticed their young son had a penitent for telling stories over the truth. But it was when those little fingers turned sticky that they had enough.
Rather than talk to, or attempt to reform their child, they decided to cut their losses and sent him away to live with his uncle, who owned a laundromat. If he couldn't be a productive member of society, at least he could learn to run a respectable business.

Until, as most well intended plans do, the plan backfired. Tim's uncle was a wealthy man, but not because of clean clothes. It didn't take long for the boy to realize that most of the laundering done in this place was of money.
The laundromat was a front. A cash based business that he could funnel the money from various other sources into. Numbers were his main business, but he also made a fair amount on drugs, and was even known to be a safe spot to find a lady of the night.

Believe it or not, this did nothing to dissuade Tim's less than honorable proclivities. In fact, over the years he just got better, and better. Eventually he developed his skills beyond just swiping things here and there, to creating elaborate cons to wield the most return for his work.
His most triumphant moment was during his high school graduation, when he convinced the richest kid in his school that the only way to get out from under his daddies thumb was to become financially independent himself, and the best way to do that was to cash in this winning lottery ticket he has. After all, he wasn't old enough to cash it in yet. He was, however, willing to trade it, if the rich kid signed over his new convertible to him...

*Extra*  out of all the students in the class why has yours been chosen for this extra curricular lecture?
While Tim could never be convicted of any crime, his guidance counselor at least recognized that if he was kept busy, he was less likely to get into trouble. They hoped the story telling class might appeal to his creativity, and give him another interest.

After:

Name "Stranger" Timothy "Tim"
*Extra* please either link a copy of the story your using or outline a breif description (this is just so I can make sure your fairy tail character follows the right track)
The Master-Thief
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Levi

Hi BlueEyedBard. Really interesting story you've chosen for you character. I've only just set up the ooc yesterday so please join us. I'll be getting the main topic post up later on today :)

LamentingQuill

Dibs on Snow White. Is it possible to already exist in the world and provide help to the new arrivals?

Levi

Quote from: LamentingQuill on October 19, 2017, 01:35:41 AM
Dibs on Snow White. Is it possible to already exist in the world and provide help to the new arrivals?

Absolutely! I think that be great, don't forget she would have her story to be as well though :)

ff

Before:
Name Gilda Lockhart
Age 18
Description

Personality
Mischievous, bubbly, more courage than wisdom, likes to play pranks or sneak into places she ought not. A bit of a tinkerer / hacker. Bisexual. Has a thing for sneaking into other people’s rooms, pantries, and beds, but choosy about finding which one’s just right.
Background

Gilda had a comfortable enough suburban childhood. Her father was a reformed college prankster and hacker who became a legitimate engineer (and rumoredly kept quite a bit of untraceable spoils from his hacking days, in the form of money or dirt on celebrities and public figures.) Her mother was a zoologist specializing in North American apex predators (she liked to joke her husband was one, and her most fascinating subject of study) like bears and wolves and mountain lions (oh my!)

Gilda was a straight A student, that and her borderline-flirtatious nature with some teachers caused authorities to look the other way when Gilda got into mischief. She had a bad habit of sneaking into places just for the heck of it - the school on weekends, the rooms and computers or friends and rivals, jacuzzis and wine cellars of the wealthiest kids’ houses, and so on.

She was likely chosen for this extra curricular lecture on folklore, with the lecturer’s hope that by truly engaging Gilda in academic pursuits, her natural smarts and ability to get good grades would win out over her juvenile delinquent streak.

After:
Name Goldilocks
Description

https://yankeeweb.net/library/storytime/grimmbros/grimmbros_20.html

BlueEyedBard

Hah! That's a great interpretation of goldilocks!
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

ff

Thanks!!

Really been craving a fairy tale RP for a logn time, but somehow I hadn't found that that seemed...well as Goldilocks would say....just right

Levi

Quote from: ff on October 22, 2017, 03:45:01 PM
Thanks!!

Really been craving a fairy tale RP for a logn time, but somehow I hadn't found that that seemed...well as Goldilocks would say....just right

*chuckle* welcome aboard!

ff

LamentingQuill

Name Snow White
Age 18
Description {See photo}
Personality Snow White has retained a kind and compassionate personality despite all the betrayal and hurt she's been dealt, but that is not to say she has not learned a valuable lesson... be cautious before you trust someone absolutely, they may not be at all what they seem.

Intelligent and quick witted, Snow White has learned to be resourceful and when the situation calls for it, ruthless in a fight, although... still honorable.

Background
The story of Snow White was not what people believed it to be, it had been a ruse, a cruel trick played upon the fair sweet princess to gain control of her kingdom.

As it would turn out, the prince, Florian, that rescued and intended to marry Snow White was actually her stepmother's son from a previous marriage, his daring rescue set up in the even that his mother failed to kill her. One way or another, the kingdom would end up in the hands of their family, as was the mother and son thinking.

Soon before the wedding, the resourceful princess discovered the truth from the magic mirror formerly belonging to her stepmother and confronted her soon-to-be husband... he tried to deceive her at first, but Snow White was not hearing any of it, she knew the truth and there was no way she was going to marry him now.

Furious, Prince Florian tried to attack Snow White in efforts to silence her before she could remove him from this position after he'd already come so far... Utilizing self defense skills taught to her by the dwarves whom had protected her from her stepmother... Snow White managed to escape...

She didn't know what compelled her to do what she did what she did next... but this place, it held so much pain for her, it was full of pain, every room and corridor... her stepmother murdered her father in this castle, she endured years of neglect and abuse here, she almost married her treacherous stepbrother here.

That hurt most of all... she had been falling in love with Florian, but now... she knew it was all a lie, it had all been fabricated on his end in effort to get the throne. Well... let him have this castle of pain if he wanted it so much, she had to get away, she couldn't breath, she needed to go back... back to the forest... back to the dwarves... back home...

The dwarves proceeded to teach the princess even more in fighting, both defense and offense, they educated her in daggers and knives until she was just as good as they were... her performance enhanced by her higher speed capability than that of the dwarves.

As her stepbrother and former fiance would find out, Snow White was intelligent enough while still having majority of control over the castle still, to snatch her stepmother's magic mirror and take it with her when she left... she'd be damned before she'd leave such a powerful tool in Florian's hands.

ff

Snow White looks awesome. Trying to marry a stepdaughter back to your own son to 'keep the throne in the family' makes sense for a wicked stepmother to try. Love the interpretation of the dwarves as self defense teachers...I'm imagining them as each having their own 'style'..Dopey's is kinda like drunken boxing and Grumpy's is like berserker rage, Bashful uses hiding and stealth, haha.

Levi

Quote from: LamentingQuill on October 22, 2017, 04:42:58 PM

She didn't know what she did what she did next... but this place, it held so much pain for her, it was full of pain... her stepmother murdered her father in this castle, she endured years of neglect and abuse here, she almost married her treacherous stepbrother here.

Got a little confused over the start of this paragraph but that could be because I'm reading in the middle of the night :) rest looks great though! :)

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Levi on October 22, 2017, 04:58:33 PM
Got a little confused over the start of this paragraph but that could be because I'm reading in the middle of the night :) rest looks great though! :)

Oops, suppose to 'why' instead of 'what'. I'll fix it.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: ff on October 22, 2017, 04:57:12 PM
Snow White looks awesome. Trying to marry a stepdaughter back to your own son to 'keep the throne in the family' makes sense for a wicked stepmother to try. Love the interpretation of the dwarves as self defense teachers...I'm imagining them as each having their own 'style'..Dopey's is kinda like drunken boxing and Grumpy's is like berserker rage, Bashful uses hiding and stealth, haha.

You are not far off at all, lol.

WhatLiesAbove

Before: Name Rebecca Davis
Age18
Description
Personality Becca is a bit of an introvert. Though she tries hard to make friends, she is not your typical popular girl. She is more interested in what happens in books than what happens in the outside world. Her clothes seem to match her personality, as Rebecca tends to wear darker colors...a stark contrast to her typically pale features.
Background Becca was from a broken family. Born to middle-class parents, the introverted and sometimes shy redhead never knew her father. After her father left, Becca's mother seemed to gain a distrust of everyone, straining the relationship with her daughter. This unhealthy home life left Becca unsure how to approach people, and has caused her to sometimes be the butt of jokes from more popular girls in her class.

Becca's teachers know how much she has a love for books. They told her about it, hoping that it will pique her interest and help her make new friends.

After: Name Red Riding Hood
Description
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Red_Riding_Hood

WhatLiesAbove

Hope the character is okay! I figured since there was a wolf, there would have to be a red riding hood!

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on October 22, 2017, 08:38:41 PM
Hope the character is okay! I figured since there was a wolf, there would have to be a red riding hood!

Dibs!

LamentingQuill

Also, folks should know. Snow White will need to complete her happily ever after still, even if she is presently already in the fairy tale world. Let me know if there are any interested individuals wanting to hook up with the fairest of them all ;) hehe.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Dibs!

... what?  The wolf has a healthy appetite.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Cataclysmic Archangel on October 22, 2017, 08:54:10 PM
Dibs!

... what?  The wolf has a healthy appetite.

lol, Snow White would definitely not be into polygamy xD

Levi

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on October 22, 2017, 08:38:41 PM

Looking good, welcome.

LamentingQuill

Kinda thinking Robin Hood or Perhaps Captain Hook for Snow White... the original darker story by J.M. Barrie for Hook, not Disney's uber sugar coated version...  I don't know though, I'm open to suggestions about which fairy tale dude it should be should we gain anyone new interested ^.^

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: LamentingQuill on October 22, 2017, 09:05:38 PM
lol, Snow White would definitely not be into polygamy xD

She just needs convincing. Wink wink.

BlueEyedBard

Quick question: are our characters arriving the next morning after the whole glowing book event, or are we all arriving in the middle of the night?
On/Off

Cataclysmic Archangel

I thought I read that it was midnight?  But I also was slightly distracted when I got started (hence today is a far better post than last night). 

Levi

So the glowing book happened at midnight the previous night, I think the class would be like 7pm the next evening? I think evening is much more dramatic then day time :)

Bekah Boo

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on October 23, 2017, 08:58:20 AM
Quick question: are our characters arriving the next morning after the whole glowing book event, or are we all arriving in the middle of the night?

Either way Madeline needs saving... like now ha.
Poor girl is going to be nearly in tears after this and the fun hasn't even started yet lol.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Bekah Boo on October 23, 2017, 10:31:30 AM
Either way Madeline needs saving... like now ha.
Poor girl is going to be nearly in tears after this and the fun hasn't even started yet lol.

Aww... is Greg just a little too much for her? :D

Bekah Boo

Quote from: Cataclysmic Archangel on October 23, 2017, 11:02:28 AM
Aww... is Greg just a little too much for her? :D

Hahahaha the combined effort more than anything lol.
She'll survive but just barely.
I'll have a reply when I get off of work.

corvusul86

Lisa might cause some of the focus to shift (also, back home so I'm now posting again).

Cataclysmic Archangel

*reads sterotyping on Greg* 

Hey, I resemble that remark!

*proceeds to start flirting*

Levi

Just going to see if there's any interest in any more male characters before I close the recruitment :)

LamentingQuill

C'mon folks, we need some more fellas :)

Snow White really needs a pairing as well or she'll be rather pointless with no happily ever after in sight to make her story whole.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Bah.  plenty to go around already!

On the other hand, if anyone likes competition.... :p

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Cataclysmic Archangel on October 26, 2017, 12:16:37 PM
Bah.  plenty to go around already!

On the other hand, if anyone likes competition.... :p

Not particularly, no.

Deathnote

Before: Name Ivan Lang
Age 18
Description Standing at around 5'10, he has jet black hair, dark brown eyes, and a sinewy athletic build.  He constantly wears a scowl on his face and has trouble appearing friendly in the least.
Personality  Normally stern, serious, and detached, Ivan also has a bit of a temper, which has gotten him into trouble more than once before.  He can be extremely stubborn and has a tendency to make reckless decisions at times.  Despite not exactly being the brightest bulb in the class, he has proven to be quite cunning and observant of his surroundings.  He also displays great loyalty toward his friends and family.
Background
Ivan's father was the chief of police (or the sheriff, whichever works best for this setting) and in the pocket of one of the wealthiest and most powerful men in town.  If Ivan or any of his friends ever got into trouble with the law, that's who they turned to to bail them out.  He hated relying on his father's help, however, and took steps to prevent that from ever happening... by keeping himself and his friends from getting caught.  Most of the time, his plans worked.  Sometimes, however, he would end up having to call his dad.

Ever since he was a child, he had been pressured into following his father's footsteps to become a police officer.  He grew up in a strict household and was expected to excel at school.  In order to give Ivan a head start as a future police officer, Ivan's father taught him various things about police work.  Of course, the young trouble-maker immediately picked up on the contradictions and hypocrisy whenever his father started talking about following the law and staying out of trouble... considering how much corruption was in the police force.  Ivan would later use what he had been taught to figure out ways to bail himself and others out of trouble without having to make that phone call from jail.  He turned off security cameras.  Stole test answers.  Resorted to blackmail.  He's also the guy to turn to if you wanted to steal the rival school's team mascot.  Anything to help his friends out.  Well... almost anything.  He has had to put his foot down on more than one occasion whenever it looked like they were about to cross a line.  It was his way of rebelling against his father's constant pressuring for him to join the police force.

*Extra*  out of all the students in the class why has yours been chosen for this extra curricular lecture?  Although all past incidents were redacted from record, the principal still knew about the incidents that Ivan was involved in and decided that this extra curricular lecture might just be what he needed.

After: Name Bunbuku the Tanuki
Description
As a shape-shifter, Ivan has many forms, but his two primary ones are that of a tanuki and that of his original human form.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunbuku_Chagama

LamentingQuill

Just throwing it out here, Robin Hood is taken. The profile is being worked on by a friend of mine, Levi knows about it too :)

Urbanzorro

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

WhatLiesAbove

I am 100% confident we need male characters!

Levi

Velasterian

Before:
Name Daniel Coleman
Age 19
Description Unlike the classic school jock who was always the center of attention and flirted with every girl, Daniel is a student-athlete with a heavy emphasis on student. Fairly unremarkable on the field, he focuses more on his studies while using sports as an extra-curricular activity to put on future college application essays. While he can be open and friendly, he tends to keep to himself, trying to get through high school as quickly as possible and without fuss. He no doubt believes he’ll look back on high school as the worst years of his life when he’s older.
Background Daniel grew up friendly and fairly even-tempered, which is amazing considering his life growing up. The son of a mechanic and a Denny’s waitress, his father was an alcoholic who regularly took his anger out on his family - fortunately, his mother shielded him from the brunt of his father’s attacks, able to hold her own with her take-no-shit attitude. This volatile family dynamic played it until he was seven, when his father died from alcohol poisoning during Christmas. No hearts were broken over his death, but his mother, suddenly without a second source of income, was forced to take a second job to support her and her son. Because she was gone a lot of the time, Daniel was raised by his maternal grandmother, a strict disciplinarian who treated him more like a soldier than a grandson. She pushed him to adopt his current shared time between his studies and sports, threatening punishment if he dared waver in either area. She even demanded he take up archery because her late husband had been a renowned trick archer back in the day. Michael, for the record, hated archery and only barely practiced it, just enough to satisfy his loathsome grandmother, and focusing more on his track running. He despises his home life without his mother, but he reminds himself to remain focused on maintaining good grades and excelling on the field. Once he graduates, he can go to college and forever leave that psychotic witch behind...
*Extra*  out of all the students in the class why has yours been chosen for this extra curricular lecture?  Figuring another extra curricular activity would help his college resume stand out from the myriad of applications, he sees no harm in attending this lecture and seeing if it has anything to offer.

After:
Name Robin Hood
Description The infamous outlaw, robbing from the rich and giving to the poor. Expert with the bow, sharp with his wit, and hero to the masses.

Robin Hood --> The Legend

Swashbuckler

ff

This thread has all the chars in it I think

Fury Aphrodisia

Uhm... hi, y'all. Dunno why I didn't see this days ago. You were still in need of male characters, right?

Also... are we aware we have two wolves?

Erm, from two different stories, though.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Deathnote

I’ll be changing my character, so there won’t be two wolves.

By the way, anyone know of any other shape shifters in fairy tales?

Fury Aphrodisia

Fox. Grimm tales have foxes a lot, too.

I played one in a game by Matthim. But I'm looking to do a different sort of character this time, so all yours!
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

LamentingQuill

Don't see why to change characters, it's not like it's a zoo with one of each exhibit and it's a totally separate character from the other wolf. Kinda limits folks if we do the 'only one of each species' thing and what not, the fairy tale writers tended to favor a couple specific baddies.

Fury Aphrodisia

I would note they're both describing themselves as the "Big Bad Wolf". Might be a good idea to specify if we're talking the Red Riding Hood wolf, the Little Pigs wolf, or whatever wolves there are in the other stories.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on October 30, 2017, 09:02:14 PM
I would note they're both describing themselves as the "Big Bad Wolf". Might be a good idea to specify if we're talking the Red Riding Hood wolf, the Little Pigs wolf, or whatever wolves there are in the other stories.

Excellent point. Each wolf has his own respective title.

Fury Aphrodisia

So I'm looking to take on a male character. But, I do want to try to fill in some gaps with some of the characters that already exist. Anyone looking for a partner/counterpart/interest, etc?

ff

Well we do have a lot of good girl types (which Gilda may try to change...) , and I don't think anyone is any sort of prince charming or knight type? I know Snow White was looking for her happily ever after, which presumably would involve a prince charming <3 IIRC Robin Hood may be filling that role, but hasn't showed up yet. And in any case there are some other lovely ladies to go around...and hopefully around, and around, and around....

On a note related to the two wolves - and whether the wolves would call themselves Big Bad Wolf in character - I don't know (might've missed it upthread) whether, once our chars go to fairy tale land, they will 'know' who they are, or have their fairy tale persona memories merged with their modern day memories, and whether most of them will have already 'gone through' their original fairy tale stories or not. For example will Gilda know she's called Goldilocks, and will she already have had the run in with the three bears and (at least in the happy version I linked) became pals with the son bear rather than being eaten alive.

Of course, maybe this will be contextually obvious once we get to that point in the RP, and we don't really need to know before then, and maybe it's part of the delicious suspense Levi has planned. (And I don't have a preference, just realized I was curious. Which I suppose is in-character.)

I suppose it could very by character, and their fairy tales could be part of the ongoing RP plot. In the case of Snow White it seems like her canonical story is 'in progress', with the evil stepmother still in power (and that Snow White is only within fairy tale world and not one of the college kids). In fact (depending on what Levi has planned) I think it would be hilarious and awesome if our crew runs into the 'seven martial arts master dwarves' and has a training montage with them.

As for the two wolves specifically, I don't mind if their players don't (I imagine they would end up going by different names like when you have two kids in the class with the same name).

Fury Aphrodisia

I was thinking the Hunter, Puss in Boots... I guess I've always found depictions of the prince charmings to be rather... blase. Or the Pied Piper! Don't think he's a Grimm tale, but still. A charming rogue of some kind. Or maybe I could Captain Hammer it. I know there's a tale in here in a few places (looking through a story list for the Grimm tales) about a tricky man who becomes a king or a prince by ... well, trickery. And I imagine that would be the kind of doofus who would kiss a passed out chick in a coffin...

Or... maybe Prince Charming is actually the same Prince Charming and he just happens to be a lothario.... Make the princess fall in love, marry into the family, drain the coffers and move on. Would take a special lady to make him change his ways, that's for sure.

ff

Puss in Boots would be fantastic IMO, we have one or two wolves, why not a catman. (I personally don't mind if it's similar in tone to the Shrek / Antonio Banderas Zorrofied version, although I know in general Levi wants this to be more Grimm and less Disneyfied and at the very least I'm guessing you'd want your char to be man-sized and not cat-sized like the Shrek one. Maybe more like a medieval Thundercat?).

Yeah when I mentioned prince charming I figured he would have more edge and be less of a cardboard cutout than the stereotype (think of how much a guy might sleep around if he were a literal Prince...like the real Prince Harry supposedly)...I mean at the very least, killing monsters is pretty badass even if he's a straight shooter like Clark Kent.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on October 30, 2017, 09:46:14 PM
I was thinking the Hunter, Puss in Boots... I guess I've always found depictions of the prince charmings to be rather... blase. Or the Pied Piper! Don't think he's a Grimm tale, but still. A charming rogue of some kind. Or maybe I could Captain Hammer it. I know there's a tale in here in a few places (looking through a story list for the Grimm tales) about a tricky man who becomes a king or a prince by ... well, trickery. And I imagine that would be the kind of doofus who would kiss a passed out chick in a coffin...

Or... maybe Prince Charming is actually the same Prince Charming and he just happens to be a lothario.... Make the princess fall in love, marry into the family, drain the coffers and move on. Would take a special lady to make him change his ways, that's for sure.

I don't know about that, Prince Florian (son of the evil queen and Snow White's stepbrother. It's explained in Snow's profile ^.^) is still looking for Snow after she got away from him. Though who knows, maybe Snow White made that made big an impression.

Fury Aphrodisia

I'm not sure that'd fit the "happy ending" you were looking for, though? I read it and got the distinct impression he was a momma's boy. But I did read really quickly, so I'll go back and have a look.

Edit: Well, that would at least be an interesting character. Not sure there would be much in the way of Happy Ending, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on October 30, 2017, 10:17:22 PM
I'm not sure that'd fit the "happy ending" you were looking for, though? I read it and got the distinct impression he was a momma's boy. But I did read really quickly, so I'll go back and have a look.

Edit: Well, that would at least be an interesting character. Not sure there would be much in the way of Happy Ending, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Oh no, I didn't mean for him to be Snow's happy ending. Snow White is paired up with Velaestrian's Robin Hood.

Fury Aphrodisia

Oh good, good good.

Okay, so....

What about then, Florian has some misgivings about his mother, and tends to clash with Snow when he finds her, but she always gets away and over time it leaves him wondering why he's endlessly pursuing her especially if his mother already has control of the kingdom? Could be he's sort of her mother's minion by default. Could be if he were to come in consistent contact with the right person, that person might have the ability to convince him to flip on his mom.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on October 30, 2017, 10:33:22 PM
Oh good, good good.

Okay, so....

What about then, Florian has some misgivings about his mother, and tends to clash with Snow when he finds her, but she always gets away and over time it leaves him wondering why he's endlessly pursuing her especially if his mother already has control of the kingdom? Could be he's sort of her mother's minion by default. Could be if he were to come in consistent contact with the right person, that person might have the ability to convince him to flip on his mom.

His mother is dead.

Levi

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on October 30, 2017, 06:22:35 PM
Uhm... hi, y'all. Dunno why I didn't see this days ago. You were still in need of male characters, right?

Also... are we aware we have two wolves?

Erm, from two different stories, though.

Hiya, I see that you've been having a chat with a few of the other writers, but I just thought I would chime in, we are still at this time recruiting, I would say by Friday I would like to see a profile if you are interested in going us, theses guys post fast! :) as to characters I only referred to Grimm as a base line. I wanted to keep to darker stories then the more happy every just naturally turns our alright. Would be really interesting to see puss in boots type character, I even mentioned to death note about about having an Alice in wonderland character! So don't be feel restricted by just looking at grim tales :)

Fury Aphrodisia

Ah, I didn't see anything in her profile about his mother being dead. I'm thinking I'm going to not play that, as it seems like stepping into a family history that I'm missing half the info on.

The Puss in Boots character, though! I'm not sure if I'll actually make him a man-cat, or if he'll really be any kind of cat in actuality at all... I'm still trying to figure out how that'll go. Mulling it!

Lynnie

I am tempted. Bit my skills of writing a male character are limited.

Cataclysmic Archangel

The BBW that I'm playing is from Little Red Riding Hood, as listed in the character sheet.  And someone is playing Red, but I have no idea if that means we're 'paired' up... the last time I played in a game where characters got paired for their Happily Ever After the game didn't last more than a month because everyone was already bored.

I'm also not sure if that immediately places me as a villain who's doomed to die, but... what the hell.

Levi

Quote from: Lynnie on October 31, 2017, 03:58:34 AM
I am tempted. Bit my skills of writing a male character are limited.

That's ok, I've not even tried writing as a male yet. I'm not going to turn you away if you would prefer to take on a female character, it's just we have quite a few :)

Lynnie

Okay thanks Levi! I still may try my hand at a male just gotta figure out who. Time to break out my copy of grims tales

Fury Aphrodisia

Mother-F#$@$%$ found him!

Before:
Name Felix de los Botas
Age 19
Description ((Totally appropriate to read his dialogue in a Banderas accent))
Personality Outgoing, charming and suave, Felix is forever stuck in flirting mode. It's difficult to tell when he's genuinely trying to charm or simply being warm and cheeky. Known to try to soften the resolve of teachers, administrators, parents and any other adult into whom he comes in contact. Similarly, he is known to use that charisma to arbitrate between his peers, influence those around him and especially to gain the attention of the females in his vicinity. While a lot of flowery language spills rapidly from his mouth, a quick with with a sharp tip is hidden among the rosy words for those keen enough to notice.

Any who happen to inspire the loyalty of Felix tend to have great fortune in the gifts he gives and recieves from others. For whatever reason, his charm leads those around him to bestow gifts and he has no compunctions about passing them off to whomever he believes will appreciate them most. This has made him respectably notable amongst his peers and instructors alike.

However, rarely if ever is the young man at odds with anyone, preferring to believe that the world around him is all part of one, big adventure.

Background The foreign exchange program is always an opportunity, so thought the spanish transfer. There was such opportunity to be found! Felix jumped at the chance to be part of exploring a new world. His curiosity could not be contained to a single school, a single town, a single continent! Felix grew up as a ward of the government, having fallen prey to an epidemic in his very young childhood. He barely remembers his parents, who sent him away for his own protection long before he could fall ill alongside them. Instead of letting this dampen his spirits, however, he remembers their act of love and tries to convey that to the world beyond their reach.
At ten, he was sent to a boarding school where he excelled, earning (and sometimes finding) himself greater opportunities along the way. With a great love of exploration and the thirsty mind that begs for new ways to ask questions and new answers to discover, it wasn't long before the trail of his fortunes led him to the adventure of a lifetime!

After:
Name Puss in Boots

Description (As varies from initial state) Unfortunately, the tale of Puss in Boots has been slightly exaggerated. As a feline, Puss was relatively unremarkable, save his gift for speech. He insisted on a pair of boots and managed to acquire them, beginning him on a long journey of discovery with the newfound powers of pursuasion. He modeled himself after the lives of men and over time, shed many of his feline qualities. However, these traits still make themselves known from time to time. Perhaps when he has need of balance, he will find himself with a tail. An exaggerated sense of smell and low-light vision, agility and quick reflexes, improved hearing... whatever the danger, the excitement, the embarrassment or the strain brings out in him at the moment. Aptly, he earned the moniker Puss in Boots to demonstrate that he was as though a cat, walking upright like a man. Ah, cultural embellishment!

But it is the resourcefulness of the cat which has served Puss the best, with those to whom he owes his loyalty in constant amazement at the feats of influence and accomplishment that might have otherwise been thought impossible. It's even said that he once managed to secure a royal bride for the poor miller's son who owns him! Great fortune can be found in his wake, proving that determination really can lead you to the life you want to live.

So long as you're willing to pay the price.

Everyone's favourite swashbuckling feline is at it again!

Levi

ff

Well Felix just seems like the cat's meow

SithLordOfSnark

Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

ff

So join then  ;D better hurry up if ya wanna get approved

Levi

Quote from: ff on October 31, 2017, 12:27:12 PM
So join then  ;D better hurry up if ya wanna get approved

Dashed of to get pom poms *shakes them* go ff, go girl!

SithLordOfSnark

Is there a time limit? I'd prefer to see how posting goes for awhile before posting a bio.
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

ff

Quote from: Levi on October 31, 2017, 12:35:14 PM
Dashed of to get pom poms *shakes them* go ff, go girl!

♫ We want fresh meat
Yes we do
We want players
How about you

Goooooooo Grimms ♫

Cataclysmic Archangel

I can totally see Gilda in a cheerleader costume.

LamentingQuill

Why do  I hear Snow White humming "I'll make a man out of you" xD

Levi

Quote from: SithLordOfSnark on October 31, 2017, 12:36:30 PM
Is there a time limit? I'd prefer to see how posting goes for awhile before posting a bio.

Friday is the cut of :)

LamentingQuill

Unless of course, if it'll be permitted, folks could play good or bad aligned characters existing already in the world to assist or hinder the new arrivals.

Fury Aphrodisia

I'm actually really excited to play Felix, now. I had been going back and forth between him and the Riding Hood Huntsman, but I'm glad I settled on this one. It'll be fun to play him.

Also, he'd like to see Gilda in a cheerleading uniform, also.

corvusul86

Lynnie

Okay I am stuck between to gentlemen to play. Help a lady out and choose which gent gets her first male character played status!

The Pied Piper - lures rats/mice out of a town for a fee. Town refuses to pay the fee after he removed the vermin. Comes back in the night using his music to take away all the children of the town having them drown in the ocean as punishment to the town.

Alan Rickman

Rumplestilskin - Yes, I will help you spin straw into gold, but I get your child. If you don't guess my name the child is mine, or in some cases, I will take the throne as well.

Face Claim Rex Harrison

Fury Aphrodisia

I'm way more a fan of the Piper (had considered him earlier too, that's how much I like him) because few people can stand up to the OUAT performance of Rumple, frankly. But depending on what you do, that could be a huge opportunity. My vote is with the piper, but if you end up going for Rumple, I'll be hoping it works out for the spectacular gamble.

Lynnie

The Pied Piper is so twisted and dark, that I enjoy his story. Rumple I love because of OUAT actually!

ff

Hmm so at this point I think we are actually even on genders (and consider that the girls are more likely to be bi...)

Forgive me if I left anyone out:

M: 6

Big Bad Wolf, Kind Stranger, The Gray Wolf, Robin Hood, Puss in Boots, Pied Piper

F: 6

Gretel, Girl w/ No Hands, Vasilasa, Goldilocks, Snow White, Red

If any girls drop out or pair up, some guys will have to share  ::)

Fury Aphrodisia

Well, I think twisted and dark is the goal here. Did you know there's evidence that the town where the story is meant to take place actually has a history of having lost a slew of children on a particular night? I find that fascinating.

Sadly, as far as I know, there's no historical evidence that a cat in some studly footwear actually walked and talked around Europe.

Edit: Kind stranger? I thought we had a thief, but I didn't realize there was another character. Maybe I missed it?

Lynnie

Yes, the pied piper is based on a semi-true story. No one knows for sure if someone stole the children or if was related to the black plague and the children just died.

So with me going with the pied piper we will be even?

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on October 31, 2017, 03:17:31 PM

Edit: Kind stranger? I thought we had a thief, but I didn't realize there was another character. Maybe I missed it?
There is the Master Thief, who is referred to as "wealthy stranger"
On/Off

ff

Also, the GM may already have something like this planned, but in the main thrust of the plot it might be helpful to have several subgroups (whether getting split up by accident or agree to a divide and conquer strategy of whatever's going on)...if there are posting cycles where we have to wait for 12 people to post, we could be waiting a long time.

Also it can be useful to designate buddy systems / copilots aka another player who will move your character (often keeping them with their own) if you know you will be gone for awhile

Lynnie

I am gonna start working on my character sheet tomorrow after work due to Trick or Treating tonight with my mini!

Fury Aphrodisia

Okay. With so many very tiny similarities in characters, "kind" threw me off.

As for Felix, the story of Puss doesn't have him ending up with anyone, so I don't expect him to actually make a romantic connection. Instead, I expect him to spend his time flirting with literally everyone, periodically ducking behind the bushes with random NPC's, and generally enjoying whatever parts of his life he can reasonably reach. He's lazy unless there's a goal in mind. Cause that's cats. That's what they do. So I'm not worried about the girls pairing up. Meanwhile, Felix literally does not care what sort of gender/creature is going on, he'll flirt with/roll with just about anyone.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Likewise, as I've said, I have no idea if the Wolf (comma Big Bad) actually gets to pair up.  He's more than willing to share with multiple females, but I have no idea what's in store.  All these bi females might not be into furries, either. :p

I'm not sure how much we should worry about pairings.

I *WILL* however say that Rumple and Piper seem a little old?  unless that's the 'after' picture.

Levi

Quote from: ff on October 31, 2017, 03:22:41 PM
Also, the GM may already have something like this planned, but in the main thrust of the plot it might be helpful to have several subgroups (whether getting split up by accident or agree to a divide and conquer strategy of whatever's going on)...if there are posting cycles where we have to wait for 12 people to post, we could be waiting a long time.

Also it can be useful to designate buddy systems / copilots aka another player who will move your character (often keeping them with their own) if you know you will be gone for awhile

This is interesting and we should talk more nearer Friday about it

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on October 31, 2017, 03:33:19 PM
Okay. With so many very tiny similarities in characters, "kind" threw me off.

As for Felix, the story of Puss doesn't have him ending up with anyone, so I don't expect him to actually make a romantic connection. Instead, I expect him to spend his time flirting with literally everyone, periodically ducking behind the bushes with random NPC's, and generally enjoying whatever parts of his life he can reasonably reach. He's lazy unless there's a goal in mind. Cause that's cats. That's what they do. So I'm not worried about the girls pairing up. Meanwhile, Felix literally does not care what sort of gender/creature is going on, he'll flirt with/roll with just about anyone.

While the object is to complete your fairy tail characters story, not all will end with true lol. I.e. my character is Gretel and her happy end could be finally accepting her mother in law (example only ;))

Quote from: ff on October 31, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

M: 6

Big Bad Wolf, Kind Stranger, The Gray Wolf, Robin Hood, Puss in Boots, Pied Piper

Gretel, Girl w/ No Hands, Vasilasa, Goldilocks, Snow White, Red

If any girls drop out or pair up, some guys will have to share  ::)

We also may still get a male character from urban, I've been in contact :p

Fury Aphrodisia

Oh, then I should go back and edit my character's profile. His story is literally to get all kinds of stuff in line for the owner, and since that's alluded to as rumoured in the past, then it doesn't make sense to keep it on there that way. He'll have to find the guy, then get him married off.

ff

Quote from: Levi on October 31, 2017, 03:43:14 PM
We also may still get a male character from urban, I've been in contact :p

lol...so we might shoot from 2 Ms to 7. my other group RP has gone similarly....was initially skewed very F, then the GM asked for more Ms (and created an extra M character herself), and now I think it might actually have more Ms. And it's a masquerade ball where most of the Fs are bi and all the Ms are pure straight, so yeah.

Not that everyone needs to pair up, as others said, just funny how it goes

It's also hard to predict these things cuz some people always drop or post next to never

Fury Aphrodisia

I like playing bi guys, they get so little love.

Deathnote

After much deliberation, I've decided to go with a Tanuki.  ~_^

Fury Aphrodisia

LamentingQuill

Fury Aphrodisia

Ah! Okay. Man, that will probably be a blast. Last time I played a game like this I did a kitsune across from Jugg's monkey king. It was a blast. I can't wait to see what you come up with, DN!

Tokyorose627

Oooh, this looks like fun! I have an idea for a male character, however his folktale is sort of small, and somewhat vague in regards to powers. I made a backstory that maybe would work in case the story does give enough (because their not much backstory on him to begin with)...

Levi

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on November 02, 2017, 02:07:05 AM
Oooh, this looks like fun! I have an idea for a male character, however his folktale is sort of small, and somewhat vague in regards to powers. I made a backstory that maybe would work in case the story does give enough (because their not much backstory on him to begin with)...

Send me a message with it on! :)

ff

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on November 02, 2017, 02:07:05 AM

I'm not the GM certainly, and you say you already have some backstory thought of...but FYI we actually have more males than females now (despite the title of this thread)  so if you prefer female I suspect the GM would be fine with that too

Levi

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on November 02, 2017, 11:19:43 AM
Got it!

Responded

Quote from: ff on November 02, 2017, 12:26:04 PM
I'm not the GM certainly, and you say you already have some backstory thought of...but FYI we actually have more males than females now (despite the title of this thread)  so if you prefer female I suspect the GM would be fine with that too

Huh I could have sworn I changed the thead title this morning, to simply recruitment closing Friday. Odd.  Ff are you saying there are to many men for Gilda to handle!

ff

Haha yeah. I see it's changed now, I guess I hadn't refreshed or whatever

Tokyorose627

Quote from: ff on November 02, 2017, 12:26:04 PM

If that bothers you, I could make a female character if you wanted?

I had an idea involving swan lake and the character Odile?

ff

It's not like either 'bothers' me or is likely to matter too much to me personally (and as I said I'm not the GM), I was just letting you know

Tokyorose627

Quote from: ff on November 02, 2017, 02:28:22 PM
It's not like either 'bothers' me or is likely to matter too much to me personally (and as I said I' not the GM), I was just letting you know

Ah ok.

Lynnie

If we need females i could whip up a second. Though sadly i wont get either of them posted till tomorrow because work is having an urgent meeting tonight.

ff

Quote from: Lynnie on November 02, 2017, 02:32:02 PM
If we need females i could whip up a second. Though sadly i wont get either of them posted till tomorrow because work is having an urgent meeting tonight.

(Again I'm not GM so I hope I'm not throwing around too many suggestions here but) IMO, the RP is already huge (like 14-16 chars!?) so I wouldn't do a 2nd char if it were me. The gender ratio isn't that important IMO, it was just, given that we got a comical number of new male chars in a short span of time (enough for our own 7 dwarves if they were dwarves!), I thought it was worth mentioning that the conditions that motivated the 'extra wave of male char recruitment' (2:6 originally) probably no longer applied.

Plus - I personally don't care what genders people are or play - but given that statistically, the majority of Lady Er's tend to play F's and the majority of Lord Er's tend to play M's, and we had a lot of new ladies playing M's, there was a good chance that that there was someone who would normally play an F but felt they could only join with an M.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: ff on November 02, 2017, 03:03:03 PM
(Again I'm not GM so I hope I'm not throwing around too many suggestions here but) IMO, the RP is already huge (like 14-16 chars!?) so I wouldn't do a 2nd char if it were me. The gender ratio isn't that important IMO, it was just, given that we got a comical number of new male chars in a short span of time (enough for our own 7 dwarves if they were dwarves!), I thought it was worth mentioning that the conditions that motivated the 'extra wave of male char recruitment' (2:6 originally) probably no longer applied.

Plus - I personally don't care what genders people are or play - but given that statistically, the majority of Lady Er's tend to play F's and the majority of Lord Er's tend to play M's, and we had a lot of new ladies playing M's, there was a good chance that that there was someone who would normally play an F but felt they could only join with an M.

Do you guys have that many already? I looked through here and didn’t see that many profiles?

ff

I'm not sure about the exact count since we have some people who expressed interest but are no tin the RP yet or have not posted a char sheet (might have PMed one to GM tho, not sure) plus TBH it's too many for me to be sure my exact count is right, but here was my last attempt to count (and we have a few more interested ppl since then)

"M: 6

Gretel, Girl w/ No Hands, Vasilasa, Goldilocks, Snow White, Red"

Levi

Quote from: Lynnie on November 02, 2017, 02:32:02 PM

Keeping it to one character each atm! :)

Quote from: ff on November 02, 2017, 03:18:45 PM
I'm not sure about the exact count since we have some people who expressed interest but are no tin the RP yet or have not posted a char sheet (might have PMed one to GM tho, not sure) plus TBH it's too many for me to be sure my exact count is right, but here was my last attempt to count (and we have a few more interested ppl since then)

"M: 6

Gretel, Girl w/ No Hands, Vasilasa, Goldilocks, Snow White, Red"

I hear ya, I'll create an approved character sheet soon :)

Tokyorose627

Levi

Fury Aphrodisia

Yeah, I was totally one of those people who initially was going to make a female character, but I'm now really excited to play the one I have. Still, if we open up to two characters eventually, I will probably want to go female.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on November 02, 2017, 04:55:30 PM
Yeah, I was totally one of those people who initially was going to make a female character, but I'm now really excited to play the one I have. Still, if we open up to two characters eventually, I will probably want to go female.

I may stick with one and see how it goes. I tend to prioritize one character over the othe when I do two, so if it does end up opening, I may not so it.

LamentingQuill

Since there is not yet an OOC, I will drop this here for ya folks :)

Forewarning, you won't find Snow White in the castle, you'll find her very angry stepbrother whom has officially taken control there. You can go ahead if you want a mildly humorous brief misadventure with Florian, but Snow White is back in the forest with the dwarves. She went back after she realized how deep all the deception went, the castle was no longer a safe place for her, her stepmother's and now her stepbrother's influences went way too deep and she didn't know exactly how far.

Lynnie

I apologize -_-; Work decided to hold an emergency meeting tonight after one of the teachers decided it was a good idea to use the company kitchen to make her own food (damn near caught the building on fire because commerical stoves are not like regular stoves and actually have open pilot lights) and I just got home. I will pm my character tomorrow morning

Kaia

~ Who cares what and who we are as long as we no longer break ~