Angsty teen/Young adult.. Thread Created!

Started by Brittani1123, March 03, 2011, 01:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brittani1123

I know this kind of thing is probably worn out a bit? But I wanna go super deep with this. It's really difficult to explain, but I want to make it really... real i suppose? Tons of REAL emotion (Not the Poor pity me kind) Cheating, School, Drugs, Partying,  Sex, Pregnancy... The dark side of high school and up kind of. But at the same time it cant be all rain either.  I'm thinking like 18-21 age range, maybe a year give or take. Likely a couple more females then males, or vice versa I guess.  If you feel you want to contribute to the idea please do! I don't have much of a plot or anything, and I'm REALLY RP rusty, so I'm completely open to suggestions. Let me know what you think!
Wanna see me? {Clicky}

GaGa88

This seems like a pretty good idea. I'd be very interested in this.
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

Acid Lips

Brittani1123

I'm glad that some people are interested in this! I really hope I can make it happen :D
Wanna see me? {Clicky}

Acid Lips

GaGa88

LiliPep

I would be interested if we start getting some guys in on it. But I know there may be enough girls already. Just let me know if I am needed and if not, good idea and hope it goes well. :)
For my O/o's check out My Roleplay Preferences link below my Avatar.

GreenHavok

i could be interested in this, are you just looking for a "real world" type setting? or do you have any specific details on plot in mind?

GaGa88

Xantham

I could definitely be interested in this.

Here's a few thoughts for setting if you're still thinking about it...

1.  "Real World" type that has been mentioned.
2.  Halfway house.  They are all convicted of minor crimes and rather than face prison, they are sentenced to live in a halfway house for a year.  They are monitored by electronic bracelets and a counselor visits once a week.
3.  One of the players was the black sheep of a wealthy family.  They bought a house before the family cut them off.  Now, without income, they took in roommates - fellow cast-offs and friends that needed a place to stay.  (This has the benefit of all knowing each other at start).

Just a few thoughts to give you ideas...

Cheers,
Xantham

katydid77

I'd be interested in this as well, if you haven't already got too many female characters. 

subrob99

Brittani1123

Ooh this is getting exciting. I REALLY like the halfway house idea, and by "real world" do you mean that tv show? 

If so I think we could combine the two fairly easily.

I'm really new here, so I'm not exactly sure how to get it going, so if you feel like really taking the wheel, and just showing me how to really get started that would be great haha.
Wanna see me? {Clicky}

GaGa88

I really love the halfway house idea! Already got my mind rolling on what my character's crime could be  :D

Brittani1123

So I think we will put the limit at about 5 girls and 4 or 5 guys.  Not sure if that counts as a large or small group, but yeah. The halfway house is a FOR SURE I think so everyone will either have to have (or have had) either drug issues, or a pretty relevant record, or both, and at least a small amount of rehab or detainment in the past. (It is a HALFway house afterall :D ) I'm not entirely sure how the whole character thing goes, but i think I'll link a character sheet or something of the like here when I'm done, unless there's a better way to do it? Let me know if there is. But yeah, once we get characters sorted out, I think we will make some relationships and such, and work out a plot. I kinda want things to play out on it's own eventually. This is my first real RP on here so let me know if there's a better way to do it.   So I'm gonna list a few little plot twists, let me know if they sound good or bad. PLEASE be honest. I don't wanna make anyone do anything they don't want to, so speak up! :D

These are really general, so feel free to play them up, and post your own too!!

::Twisties::
2 housemates have been in a long term relationship, and one of them cheats with another housemate  (cheesy-ish?)
Drug relapses,
Outbreaks of violence,
Planting of "evidence" to get others kicked out, or in trouble,
Possibly some non-consensual sex, (don't know how everyone feels about that)

So yeah, those are just some general ideas that popped into my head.
Also, if you want your character to do something specific, make sure you say it so everyone knows, and doesn't try to "claim" it.  I'm sure a lot of that is just common sense on here, but yeah, I'm a newbie :D
Let me know what you think :)

Wanna see me? {Clicky}

Limoncello

If there is room I am interested. Let me know when character profiles will be starting to post.
Cello Ons and Offs Work in process
Absence  Updated 12/8/2011

Currently accepting rps. Currently updating Ons and Offs. Message me for any ideas you may have or want to try.

Darkcide

If there is room for one more guy? I'd love to throw my hat in, as someone who has a record of assault & battery. I am definitely liking this idea so far, and I'm wondering if you're planning on NPC'ing the adults of the halfway house setting? Along with a drinking problem that isn't full out alcoholism, but the character shouldn't be drinking because he always get into scrapes with the law when he does.

Brittani1123

mmmmkay so at the moment I think there are 6 males and 5 females, which I think would work. I think if another girl wants to join in that'll work.

So this is all the people so far, please correct me if I'm wrong, or if you no longer want to participate.

::Females::
GaGa88
Acid Lips
Katydid77
Brittani1123

::Males::
Greenhavok
Xanthan
Subrob
Dependent
Limoncello
Darkcide

Let me know if anyone plans on playing a character that is different from the specified gender, and feel free to post character profiles, or however that works whenever you want. :D
Wanna see me? {Clicky}

Acid Lips

I was thinking just the basic things except bio. I think sometimes Bio just ruins the characters for others, there is nothing better than to find out about the character via the rp so I think this should be a sample sheet

Name:
Personality:
Crime/Reason why she is in there:
Appearance:

Brittani1123

Quote from: Acid Lips on March 06, 2011, 02:05:45 PM
I was thinking just the basic things except bio. I think sometimes Bio just ruins the characters for others, there is nothing better than to find out about the character via the rp so I think this should be a sample sheet

Name:
Personality:
Crime/Reason why she is in there:
Appearance:

I completely agree.. if you already know everything, It's really boring.

Okay so here's my character sheet :D
Wanna see me? {Clicky}

Acid Lips

Name: Kathleen Anzaker (Kat)
Personality: She is the type of girl that does not take crap from anybody. She is not a stranger to punching and kicking the first person in front of her that tries to hurt her. When you are on her good side she is very good friend, she loves to have fun and be silly around her friends. She can be your best friend or your worst enemy.
Crime/Reason why she is in there: Possession with intent to sell, drunk driving, assault and battery against a police officer
Dislikes: Rude people, people who hurt woman, people who underestimates her, gross things.
Appearance: 

Brittani1123

Yeah, I think the NPCs is a good idea. Unless someone pops in that is dying to play them.
The whole relationship thing is pretty optional on all sides. I've heard of people who were convicted together and were submitted for treatment in the same programs, so they knew each other beforehand. Personally, my character has no previous relationships.

I totally agree with just letting things happen. (however I think if someone plans something, they should at least notify the others before doing it, simply to avoid any confusion or upset.) I think it'll feel more real to let it be pretty random. :D

Also, Dependant, your character is FRIGGIN SEXY!! Just so you know :)
Wanna see me? {Clicky}

Darkcide

Name: Bishop Turner
Personality: Aggressive, rebellious and very well read. Bishop fronts a somewhat popular local metal group, and is capable of being very charismatic. However his temper can get the best of him, and when it does the results are usually very drastic. All the same, he's also capable of surprising charity and empathy.
Crime/Reason why she is in there: Assault & Battery, Assault with a Deadly Weapon and Reckless Endangerment.
Likes: Women, Music, Fast Cars, Fighting, Money, Lovecraftian Mythos, Giving Back To The Community, Peforming.
Dislikes: Authority, Overly Effeminate Men, Clinginess, Rules, Stupidity, Drugs.
Appearance:

Brittani1123

Man, I am so bored waiting for this to get started haha I check the thread like every 20 minutes. I need a life xD
Wanna see me? {Clicky}

subrob99

Name: Ryan Jennings
Personality: Being the preachers kid and living a sheltered life until I turned 18.  Very easy going probably cause high all the time can be a friend with just about anyone.  Willing to try just about anything once.
Crime/Reason why she is in there: Drinking and driving in a stolen car / with bag full of weed
Dislikes: Being told what to do and kept in one place for long
Appearance: