{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aestas

The casual banter would relax her slightly, lifting that ornate little cup to her lips, tasting that thick heady cocoa flavored by the spun sugar that melted in the heated liquid. A low purr of delight, her eyes sliding closed.  'Blood and chocolate is an interesting mix, though.'  The first words she had spoken louder than a private whisper.  Though she made no move to stand and join the others, merely curling back into her chair, drawing her legs up slightly, hooking them over the strengthening bar that held the chair together..

anon

Ally turned as though she had said something sacrilegious, her hands flying up to her mouth in mock horror. Only the amused twitching of her lips betrayed her. "Never! Chocolate with sardine maybe..." Her expression grew thoughtful before she grinned. "Would you like to try? Or maybe chocolate olives?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Mordred

Rex leaned across the table, reaching out then pulling back, "I know it's weird, seeing each other like this again. For you it's been a couple years... for me, my god it's been over twenty. It's as if you have come back to life, to me... but are exactly as you were. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were a ghost"
Sitting back, he smiled, "Although, you may be. Maybe you are here to haunt me for that fateful day so long ago."
Looking towards Ally, "La-... Erm, Ally... I have two questions for you. First, is there a lovely angel sitting here across from me? And second, are you sure there is nothing in this coffee... apart from... hmm, coffee?"
Rex then very obviously reached under the table feeling for secret levers or buttons, "Just making sure, my adorable apparition", he teased Aoi.
*See Pillory*

Aestas

Her reaction was instantaneous.  That crinkling of nose, her tongue appearing between her teeth as if she could actually taste the horrible combination that Ally had suggested.  "i think Ill pass!'  The girl chirping, and then laughing softly as she would shake her head.  'Thank you though, for the kind offer..' Burying her face now in that delicious cocoa, glad that it did NOT taste like sardines or olives!

anon

Ally grinned at Rex. "No. The question should be directed to her, and it should be 'did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?' And there's nothing in the coffee...for now." She cocked her head at the newcomer. "And hey, don't knock it until you've tried it. You might be surprised. So," she braced herself against an empty chair, "what's your name?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Aestas

She would color slightly, raking that silvery hair from her face.  'Oh, I dont know.. I know what olives taste like.. and what chocolate tastes like, and somehow I just.. cant see it ending well!'  That low laugh, her shoulders relaxing.. Perhaps it was that she was getting used to the company.  Or perhaps it was the cocoa.. the Miracle drink! 

'Mine?  I usually go by Anya.'  that wry half smile as she would draw her knees up slightly, bracing her heels on the edge of the chair, resting her cup on her knees as she would watch the three of them with amusement, rather enjoying the company now.

Mordred

Looking out the window, Rex was surprised to see it raining. "I've never seen it rain from inside here before. I was starting to wonder if that magic dust I see sometimes blending into my coffee escapes through the vents, creating a little cocoon/bubble outside this wonderful little shop."
Stretching, after the lazy hours in the seat, "I think it's time to go." He wandered towards the windows to peer closer outside, "Jeez! It is pouring... I'm going to get soaked."
*See Pillory*

anon

Ally smiled, slow and very much like a Cheshire cat. "Oh, you don't know that, Anya. Sometimes the oddest things make the greatest combination. You might be surprised."

She blinked and the mischief was back again. "Raining?" She huffed as she approached the window. "Well, that's no good." She grumbled, studying the drops. She raised a shoulder before turning to Rex with a grin. "And there are no magic involved here. Whatsoever."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Aestas

The slight draw of brows together, frowning as her attention was drawn to the pouring rain.  'Nuts..'  Whispered against her cup as she would take a drink of that strong, sweet cocoa.  enjoying the warmth of it for a moment, since it seemed she was going to have to venture out soon enough if she was going to be able to find a warm place to sleep before nightfall.  Slowly she would stretch, standing and dipping her head towards Ally and her companions. 'It was nice meeting you!  I do hope to return soon enough..'  That untroubled smile as she would drift towards the door, intent on her own inner dialogue as she would slip out of the shop for the night.

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi pouted, "I'm not an apparition. But I am going to haunt you for leaving me...just because I can." She smiled impishly up at him. "Don't leave, you will get wet and then you'll get sick." She said, worrying as he walked to the window. She stood behind him, putting her hands hesitantly on his shoulders. "It's been 5 years for me and not a day went by that I didn't think about what happened or what I could have done to make you take me with you." She said quietly. "Please stay and we will find some way to fix me, you, all of us." She looked up at him beseechingly, biting her lower lip like she used to.

anon

Ally stared after Anya with a shake a head. "Crazy to go out in this weather." She wrinkled her nose at the rain again before disappearing into the kitchen. "I'll be in the back if you two need me." She added over her shoulders before laughing quietly. "Not that they can't keep themselves entertained."

She fiddled with the stove, heating up the sugar syrup and mixing color into the mixtures. Her fingers drummed against the counter as her hips sway to the music in her mind. Twisting the sugar pieces carefully, she pieced together the start of small umbrellas.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi turned and stuck her tongue out at Ally as she disappeared into the kitchen. "Hi, I'm Aoi." She said turning to the new girl. "How are you?" She emanated warmth and security to her, sensing that she was uneasy.

Mordred

Rex slowly came to. The rain... something about the rain triggered a nearly comatose reaction in him. Slowly turning, he fell forward, catching himself on a chair, but still crashing to the floor. "Whoa.. ", he croaked. "Huh?", straining difficultly to get back up, terrified he grabbed the table to slowly climb to his feet... to stiffly find his way to a small mirror behind the counter.
"Oh god no!", he said with a strained voice. His reflection revealed his face, with most hair having gone gray. Stubble surrounded his jaw, gray also. He reckoned he had aged at least 15 years.
Straightening... he began a series of swift moves and stretches, until the soreness was gone. Fifteen years of stillness. In a handful of hours. I'm doomed, he sadly thought to himself. I finally return home to my Aoi, and within days I have this... curse sentence me.. to a soon-to-be death from old age. What happens next? Another 30 years? Will I even be able to move next time? What he truly wondered about, though, was why his hair didn't grow. Also, why didn't he waste away?
After a flurry of moves, his body felt normal. But how about next time, he wondered.
Sadly he picked up his jacket. How can I let her see me like this, he sighed to himself.
Rex slowly walked out into the rain. The entire time he was awake, he was moving at a quickened pace... relatively speaking.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi gasped as she saw the change come over him. She started to reach out to him, when he moved at his fast speed.  "Rex..." She managed before he was out the door. She saw what had happened, she would  bury that in her heart and she vowed to find a cure. "Rex, I will find a way to save you." She whispered to his disappearing back. She walked out the door, the rain washing away the tears she felt, knowing that she would have to do something drastic to save him but she would do it none the less.

Mordred

Walking quickly away, Rex bent, rubbing his throbbing knee. "Damn, arthritis", he complained. Turning his head he saw standing in the sweet shop, Aoi. How? Oh yes, he remembered her eyes always 'saw'.
Limping back, he smoothed back the black hair from her rain soaked face. The wind was howling, so he had to nearly yell to be heard. "I know what you are thinking... but don't you dare do anything drastic. I can't imagine what you would do but I remember how stubborn you can be when you decide to take measures... even at a high expense."
He was choked up... wondering if he'd even see her again after his next sleep. "I will concentrate tonight... maybe I can slow myself down to a point where somehow... something..."
A soft kiss on her lips, looking in her eyes as he begged, "Please.. give me one day to maybe figure this out."
Stepping away, hands he didn't even know held hers... fingers slipped out of hers.
Turning, grinning... "You know me... I'm not done here yet. You and I... we have far too many things left undone... remember that list we made so long ago?"
Feeling cold, tired... and suddenly a bit older, he turned to get home... to get some sleep.
After one last turn. A smile.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi bit her lip, she didn't want to lose him. She heard what he said, though. "I am stubborn." She agreed, smiling. She frowned, "One day Rex and then I go to the Celestial Clan and beg a cure. I haven't much left to give in exchange but I will give what I can to find a cure." She looked fiercely into his eyes, radiating love and concern as he softly kissed her. "We still have our list," She agreed, "And you better not leave before it is done." She didn't want to let him go. She watched him walk away, restraining herself from running after him and begging him to let her try to cure him. She stood there, rooted to the spot until he disappeared from sight. Finally noticing that she was drenched and freezing, she hurried home to formulate her own plan to save her friend.

Mordred

Slowly Rex walked towards Corner Sweets. What took him 30 minutes the day before now took him nearly 2 hours. Stark white hair which was (thankfully) still full on his head and now suddenly covered with a short-trimmed white beard... were the features that greeted him upon waking.
As he started his walk this morning, he realized he needed coffee right away. Normally he could wait until arriving here, but the older he felt, the more he needed that extra kick. Waking this morning, he was again stiff... which exercise helped but it wasn't quite as easy as it had been the day before. By his estimation, he had aged another 20 years overnight. Yet he was calmer about it today. Maybe he was resigned to the fact that his time was up. Yet each time he let that thought hit his mind, he would get angry wondering 'why me?'.
Walking into the sweet shop, sadly... he smiled towards his friend. He saw for a moment the look of concern flash across her face before she covered it with optimism.
"Good morning, Aoi... how are you today? Nice to see it's stopped raining!"
Sinking in his chair, he started guzzling his coffee. "Ahh, this is so gooooood."
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled sadly, she saw the effect of his sleep and she knew that something had to be done. "Rex, good morning." She said a little resigned, watching him drink his coffee. Her mind settling into one of steely determination. "This has got to stop, Rex." She said, hoping that her pain didn't show through. She reached out to touch his hand, holding it gently in her small hands. "This is the time when I become stubborn and I won't let you go." She said teasingly but with conviction. She moved her chair next to his, holding his hand. She looked deeply into his eyes, a spark of that childhood mischief in them. "Just like when we were kids."

Mordred

Rex melted inside. So many things he never told her in these last few quickly moving days. Unable to pull his eyes from hers, he felt his start to fill, before blinking them away, shaking his head. This rapid aging seemed to be messing with his emotions. He was losing control, nearly entirely.
Refocusing on her eyes, seeing that glimmer of cheekiness, he grinned suddenly. If these are my last days, he thought, at least they will be my best, spent with my favorite person and best friend. Lifting Aoi's hands, he kissed each one, "Thank you Aoi... I hope to know this stubborn princess for a long time still, for many years." He trusted her healing powers and knew she was knowledgeable in her craft, but somehow this sudden aging had turned him pessimistic inside. But he didn't show it.
He sat, suddenly very happy, enjoying the feel of Aoi's small soft hands holding his own.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi blushed when he kissed her hands. "We will work through this and if you want, you can age normally with me...if you want." She started blushing and stuttering. Her heart flutters a little, she sent a little prayer upwards that he would chose to return young. "Let us enjoy today for today," She said, sending just a little bit of her healing towards him to ease his pain, making him feel younger. She stood up, "Could I ask you this dance?" she said with mock formality dipping into a bow. She straightened grinning wildly.

Mordred

Standing instantly, feeling a surprising youthfullness, Rex bowed deeply. "Yes my angel, I do want to be young again, as I should be. Although... ", grinning his usual grin which suddenly seems to for a brief moment drop the sudden years, "Maybe I could be a couple years older... and you better not make me younger than you!", as he took her hands. "I was a few months older, anyway", he said, thinking she would do that just to tease him forever.
To the music which faintly played from somewhere, he took her hands to dance to. Moving to the tune, feeling this lovely creature he knew for so long, lost, then regained somehow... turning and flowing through his arms... his heart crazily surging, happier than he had been for a long time. When the music drove them close, he sighed in pleasure feeling her form close to his. It reminded him of so many times in their life they were close... and so many times later when he was alone, how he missed her.
Whispering to her, unsure if she even heard, when they were close, "I'll never leave you again, I promise."
Clearing his throat, "Yes, my adorable one, let's enjoy today for today."
Rex gave Aoi a deep dip, as they continued to dance.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi gasped in mock horror at the idea of him being younger. "How about a few months older again?" She would tease him for being older than her, that was already set when he first remembered her. She smiled radiantly when he stood up to dance with her.
As they whirled around the room, her skirts flowing around her. She felt herself blush when the danc brought them close. "I won't let anything happen to you, Rex, I promise." She hesitantly rested her head on his shoulder, letting her head lean back gracefully in the dip before continuing the dance. "Soon we catch up on all the mischief we missed," She mumbled into his shoulder as they continued their dance.

Mordred

Rex chuckled happily when Aoi gasped. Phew, he thought, we agree on that!
When they moved close, he felt the heat of her blushing cheeks. He fought the urge to bend to kiss her each time. Soon, he hoped, but when I'm in my normal state again. Watching her move, seeing the joy in her radiant face, he questioned how he could ever part from her. Life is too precious to lose those we love. Yet we rarely, he thought with another dip, his arm moving along her back as their eyes never parted... we rarely get a second chance.
"Yes, my sweet accomplice, that naughty force we call mischief.. it swirls around us, magnetically... for we are it's incarnations... and together, we shall always find ways to have fun."
Never had music been so sweet to the ears.
Never had a dance been so appropriate.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

She giggled at the dip again, her eyes memorizing every inch of his face. She couldn't believe that after all these years, they had found each other again. She blushed when he talked about the mischief. She could almost imagine them back in the great hall in their finery, whirling the night away. "With you, there is always fun." She stammered, feeling like a young teen with her first crush. The song slowly came to an end as her black skirt flared out and fell softly against her ankles. She curtsied to him, "Thank you for the dance." She murmured, her eyes locked on his. They slowly sat back down again, "You still haven't lost your touch, Rex." She smiled shyly, starting to feel light-headed from the subtle heat of the dance.

Mordred

Unsure if it was simply the magic of the moment, the dance... feeling Aoi fully in his arms... or the mischievous air that seems to always surround when close to this lovely woman, but Rex was feeling more like himself as they flowed over the floor. "Your cheeks still get that gorgeous pink glow when you dance", he said with adoring admiration in his voice as they finished. Bowing, "Lovely creature, you are welcome and I thank you for reminding me again and again of what it is to truly live!"
Sitting, Rex chuckled, "I think we should some night hide away in here, to dance for hours as the dim lights from outside pave our steps."
*See Pillory*