Tales Wonder and Intrigue!

Started by Vagrant Eyes, January 27, 2019, 05:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vagrant Eyes

I am an advanced literate writer capable of writing 300 to a 2000 words, with an average of 600 per post. My preference for partners is rather open, simply communicate with me and show respect, and I will do so in turn. Interests range from various forms of fiction but I have some original ideas that I would be interested in exploring:

• Samurai Saloon: Taking place sometime during the 30 year span of the American Old West, a time of outlaws, cowboys, and six-shooters. MC is a disgraced member of the Japanese Yakuza who has taken protecting the family (wife, son, and daughter) of a rival gang boss who he was sent to kill. Conflicted between honor and duty he masquerades as a "Chinaman" doing odd work keeping low, but his familiarity with crime has him come across certain outlaws. Will he trade the sword for the gun? What can a Cowboy teach a Samurai? Open to playing multiple characters. Could potentially add a romance.

• Virtual Escapism: It is the near future and we have finally found a way to interface with our brains and stimulate lucid dreams into games and liveable fantasies. Entering worlds of our own design, or the more popular Neuro Precons, Preconstructed Virtual worlds with rules and roles allowing one to virtually live out another life. I would love explore a future like this among long distant friends, family, or something. Maybe this is how a brother or his best friend is able to keep up with his friend / sibling while operating a space station or in the depths of the ocean. Wrap a real relationship around a pair sharing an inner world with one another.

• The Forever War: A fantasy world where the last great conflict the unified armies of a Kingdom rose against a Demi-God / Entity Va'al Baator that had cruelly imposed its childish whims upon them. A hundred warriors drew the final blow against the Divine Terror, and in turn were basked in the dispersing essence of a birthing god making them Immortal and Granting them Curious abilities. But it serves more as many succumbed to Baator's corruption and turned upon eachother seeking absolute dominion. Those who resisted were considered Saints tasked with obtaining the heads of these immortal warriors and place them in an enchanted vault.

Our characters could be anything with a Saint and their apprentice. Or maybe a Knight who has set on a headhunting mission as revenge. Or we can play out the war.

Beyond original ideas I do dabble in fandoms:

• Star Wars: I prefer original characters in any era, but am not adversed to playing canons for the right plot.
  • Marvel: Mainly canons such as the X-Men, Spider-Man, The Hulk, and various others.
  • DC: Mainly canons such as Superman, Aquaman, the Bat Family, The Flash, Shazam, and various others.
  • The Magicians: Definitely original sorcerers in this world on their own adventures, or possibly Alternative takes on the Canons.

I will add more as interest strikes me, but this is what I have right now. Please message me if you are interested.

MicrowavePizza

I know this is an old post but I can't help but fall in love with the Samurai Saloon idea. If someone hasn't beat me to it, I would love to do it!

I grew up watching classic westerns like the Rifleman, Have Gun Will Travel, Joe Kidd, etc. I recently watched a movie that had John Wayne in it called The Geisha and the Barbarian that involves that kind of theme. The story, of course, focuses on John Wayne who plays the character of Townsend Harris sent by President Pierce to serve as the first US consul to that country. It was primarily filmed in Japan and the Japanese woman playing the love interest is an actual Japanese actress named Aiko Ando, which was unusual I would say for the time I think. I've seen a lot of westerns at the time use white women with a tan as supposed Native Americans.

BlackmoonS

This does catch my attention I think it would be so fun to se how a samurai would react to the old west setting. It kind of reminds me of the Jackie chan movies Shanghai Noon and Shanghai Knight. :)

MicrowavePizza