Demon-Hunting Squad (Looking for Female Players and Male DM)

Started by iridum248, July 27, 2011, 11:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

I meant for it to go well above and beyond that. The "Dryer he gets, the weaker he gets" goes as far as 'can't walk on his own power - can't move his limbs - has a hard time breathing without help" et cetera. Does that help?

Also, yes- I do mean that they are demons. They're not fish-supernaturals that happen to be told they're demons, more like they're heretics.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheGlyphstone

The intensity isn't the issue, it's the fact that it can't be actively exploited rather than just playing an endurance game with him until he's forced to retreat and rehydrate. Demons are, by default, phenomenally strong and tough and resilient - clever exploitation of Bans would be the primary method of defeating them, and when they run out of a Ban or bring the wrong one, that's when the demons get some captives to play with.

Though I guess the team could bring giant, industrial-strength hair dryers and forcibly dry him off that way...

TheVillain

See, now you're thinking. You can cleverly exploit a 'has to stay wet' Ban. Even without breaking into the hydrophobic chemistry.

Still, you do have a good point. I think it's a workable Ban that can be cleverly exploited but there is the feel of the game to consider.

What about Water Pollution for a ban?
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheGlyphstone

Water pollution's more of a phenomenon than a physical material...unless you mean polluted water, like loaded into squirt gun/pressure hose-type weapons. That'd work.

TheVillain

Yeah, that's what I meant. Heavily Polluted Water, the more unnatural and destructive the pollutants involved the better it works.

Edit:
Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 23, 2011, 07:21:31 PM
That aside, the character could be interesting - derided and mocked by his 'fellow' demons for being weak and soft, for certain.

Which would be responded to with a trident shoved through their skulls of course. :P

Appreciate the vote of confidence Glyph.

TheGlyphstone

Your 'fellow' demons so far are an amorphous shadow-monster, a giant lizardman sorcerer, and a succubus. The first lacks a skull, the second has magic, and the third will happily have something shoved into something, but skulls and tridents are not likely to be involved. ;D

TheVillain

1.) Point Taken
2.) Tig-Or knows magic too, like his spell 'Bite Your Damn Head Off'. :P
3.) Might have a place for her when he's done. Chained to the foot of his throne of course.

Vergil1989

She might enjoy that to your dismay there Villain lol.  For a time anyway, but then she might be tempted to break herself free and then turn the tables around on him.  There's more to winning a fight than brute strength alone.  Something you MIGHT want to remember.   ;D >:)
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

TheVillain

>implying Tig-Or-A-Arun relies entirely on brute strength.

:P

TheGlyphstone

QuoteAtlantian - Born in the underwater city of Atlantis, Tiger Shark is much stronger and tougher then a normal person. Has been known to pick armored vehicles over his head and take tank shells, though with visible strain and discomfort in both cases. He also has incredible tolerance for pressure and cold and can not drown.

Warrior - Tiger Shark's hand-to-hand and melee-weapon combat skills are considered forces to be reckoned with even by demonic standards. Less serious hunters and demons have called him "The Underwater Bruce Lee".

Sharkbite - Tiger Shark possesses a bite attack that truly lives up to his namesake. Between his heightened jaw strength and sharp teeth he's been known to bite the heads of his enemies clean off in a display of blood and gore.

Sure looks like it.

TheVillain

I'll have you know that martial arts/hand-to-hand combat/melee combat are about more just strength. There's questions of skill, of the willingness to take punishment and to give it, the connection between mind and body and pushing it to it's limits. It's not Strength that drives 'The Tiger Shark', it's Will- his body is just the chosen instrument of said Will.

Fair cop on the other two though. :P

Vergil1989

Lol I see.  Will or not, with the right incentive anyone can be made to yield to temptation, and that is Lilith's specialty Villain.  Breaking a person down is quite easy for her lol.  Anyway, I do hope you get approved cause you do have a promising idea I might add, and Glyph?  I do apologize for my earlier comments regarding Zaer, but I've had problems with him before and I even had to boot him from one of my own games.  I NEVER boot people either save for when I have a very good reason to, and I had a good reason to when he tried to take over the game I had going to a degree and my earlier statements about his grammar, and I understand the language and dyslexia thing but I can also see his post count, as can you.  So, is there an excuse for not changing his style at all?  No, not to me there isn't.  So I must apologize if I sound too harsh but that is just how I feel on the matter, that's all.  I will try to make it work if he does get accepted because I like this game too much to give up on it now just because of one person, but I do ask that you don't make me play nice with him is all lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

TheGlyphstone

No one's asked you to play nice, but playing at all is good. If it's that much of an issue, you can just not start/follow any plotlines involving him...you're supposed to loathe each other IC and only really cooperate for mutual benefit, remember? This'll just make it easier to RP.

Zaer Darkwail

Reason why my style has not changed because I have not received all these years no training in english writing (I simply had tried learn by through observation). In finland is only taught understand fundamental stuff in english but not at all finesse it expect in higher education universities which have more superior language studies (which I haven't done yet). There are courses to study those stuff in evening university school time but they are not free (actually they cost quite a lot when count in also books what you need to buy to finish the course and I plainly lack money to do so). Also my dyslexia affects my learning anything related to writing a very hard process when it specifically focuses on grammar even on my own language.

Also what you mean by hijacking your game? When I joined FF game bit late I tried catch up with the group and introduced some plot element which no one picked up/joined in ( as it was attempt to get involved with someone in writing). If it looked like invasion to game then sorry for that :/. Anyways it was not my intention.

Zaer Darkwail

Iridium, can you answer regardiing is my char okay or not and can I enter the game and start write? Or am I declined? Glyph kinda tossed the decision issue to you.

TheVillain

Same here, really. I also add 'How are you doing, by the way?' :P

Vergil1989

Love the alternative pic you found for me Iridiuim lol.  Thanks a ton!

WhiteTigerForever

Regarding the group play.. sadly I am more character, story line and plot driven, not sex.. but if you want to see my 1700 Feudal Japan thread where the Shoti Clan, Demon hunters build up in a huge epic battle (that was never finished) check on my ons and offs page and at the top is my links to present and past games.. Check out, A Cursed Flower in the Woods :D
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.