Noah's Ark has Been Found!

Started by Stan', April 29, 2010, 03:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan'

Chinese and Turkish explorers claim to have found the remains of the World-Famous Noah's Ark in... eastern Turkey!1

"...the group said carbon testing had linked samples from the structure to the time of the biblical story".

According to the Christian Research Team, there was only one boat in the entire world during the period of the when Noah built his Ark.

Although, it's a welcome change of direction than the rather down-beat stories in the news lately.

Vekseid

I like how they don't even bother to prove the dig even exists, much less go into detail about it and do an actual investigation like such a find would merit. It's moved from outright lies, scams, and hoaxes to finding purchase in the fine journalistic standards of a British tabloid.

Doomsday

Funny how most young earthers will reject the carbon dating method unless it helps their cause.

Silk

"according to the christian research team..." Well theres the bias that already begins my skeptisism of this.

DarklingAlice

Quote from: Stan' on April 29, 2010, 03:35:16 AM
According to the Christian Research Team, there was only one boat in the entire world during the period of the when Noah built his Ark.

It's worse than even that. There is no indication that what they found is even vaguely boat-like.

He said the structure had several compartments, some with wooden beams, believed to have housed animals. Apart from wooden specimens, the team also brought back samples including white seedling-like particles and remains of rope, which they believe were used for keeping animals.

Way to go guys...you found a farm. I am sure this will shock the world!
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Lilias

I know next to nothing about carbon-dating, but I doubt that wood would have endured that long (even supposing they have the event dates right). We're talking exposure to the elements on Mount Ararat, not cooped up in the bowels of a building in the Sahara.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Trieste

Also, exactly what time of the Biblical story would that be? There is no solid timeline, and I doubt they found fossils of big giant half-angels with an engraved sign "WE WERE NAUGHTY SO WE DIED" right next to the site.

Stan'

Yeah, I also like how they refuse to publish any photographs of the exterior, or give a location on where they found it.

It's like me saying I've found Atlantis, then refusing to actually tell any one where it is, show any exterior proof, then taking a photograph of the inside of a building in the abandoned city in Famagusta.

Oniya

Only one boat in the entire world at the time?  Next, they'll be claiming that the Earth is a circle, and pics from the shuttle prove it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HairyHeretic

The name of this group? Noah's Ark Ministries International.

Yeah, call me suspicious, but I see the slight possibility of bias and/or wishful thinking in there.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Silk

Me thinks too many creationists have had enough of getting their backsides beaten by science because it is supported by evidence, they are desperate to try and think of something of their own that they can claim as evidence, shame its not gonna work :P

Hemingway

I most appreciate how even if they found a literal boat where no boats ought to be found, it would still do nothing other than possibly suggest the story may have a grain of truth to it.

Serephino

I thought they found it like ten years ago.  Did that one not pan out? 

Sabby

One of my best friends is a Creationist. I love her, really, but sometimes I just wanna yell at her, haha xD

GeekFury

Funny though how the Rosetta Stone already debunked the Ark story sue to it being written during the time frame the biblical flood was ment to to have happened, the church had tried to debunk it back then in 1798 because it was written in the time the world was under water. Yet there it was written in hieroglyphics.

Myth Busted!

( Always wanted to say that. )

TheWriter

Quote from: Stan' on April 29, 2010, 03:35:16 AM
According to the Christian Research Team...
And there goes any credibility the story had.  Now, if an independent research team made the discovery...

MasterMischief

Quote from: TheWriter on April 30, 2010, 10:51:36 PM
Now, if an independent research team made the discovery...

They were trying, but they got cancelled.

Acinonyx

GeekFury

Quote from: Acinonyx on May 02, 2010, 07:59:58 AM
Aaaaaand... it was fake.

SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!!!

*Rolls around laughing.*

Sorry but that is hilarious, the chinese faked it all, kudos on the April Fools joke if a little late!