Changing Local Time

Started by FigTree, September 28, 2014, 11:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FigTree

My "local time" on here is reflecting as being two hours later than it actually is, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to change my time zone. Help, please?
.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
Ons/Offs and Image Inspirations
Current Requests Here
A/As Storytelling

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.

Oniya

You want to go to your profile, select 'Modify Profile', and then 'Look and Layout'.  The time off-set can be entered there, and you'll see the current 'time at the server' for reference.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Psi

When you do, click on auto detect.

We changed into Daylight Savings here in AU, well at least AEST changed to AEDT on sunday.  I had to update my offset from +15 to +16 via auto detect.

Normally my offset from GMT / UST is +10, or +11 (Daylight savings)

So when you go to this page, if your offset according to GMT/UST is currently +10, expect +15.   if its +5, expect +10.   If its -5, expect 0, if its -10, expect -5

Oniya

That's because 'server time' isn't GMT - I think it's Central, but it's definitely one of the US time zones.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Psi

Quote from: Oniya on October 08, 2014, 06:50:44 AM
That's because 'server time' isn't GMT - I think it's Central, but it's definitely one of the US time zones.

That is why I gave a couple of comparisons.

I don't know what Central is, whereas GMT/UST is equal to 0 and your own current time zones are easily looked up on the world time websites compared to that.

I would guess Central (if thats what it is) is -4,