The Heartstone's Curse (NC Exotic, Pathfinder?)

Started by Zeekergamer, October 20, 2013, 12:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeekergamer

Quote from: Ghostwheel on November 03, 2013, 01:59:34 AM
So currently we have a barbarian, druid, and sorceress? (Apologies if I missed anyone.)

Hrmmm... I could do an oracle so we have spontaneous healing, thinking half-fey (ie. half-elf :D)

Does that work?

There are no half-fey races. All offspring of humans and fey are fey.
Tentacle Sex, WOO!

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

LuciusLeche

Interested interested oh god so interested, I know someone else who might be too.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -Oscar Wilde

On's and Off's

More On's and Off's

Sethala

Lidian

Any chance there is one more opening here?
I was kind of thinking something along the lines of a Fey Paladin, Maybe a Faun of some sort.

LuciusLeche

any chance on getting some info on the local politics/kingdoms and whatnot? Also: Is Gunslinger open? I was considering playing a mix of Alchemist and Gunslinger as sort of a Human Royal Musketeer/Grenadier sent to help reinforce the local order if that doesn't sound too off the wall? 
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -Oscar Wilde

On's and Off's

More On's and Off's

Zeekergamer

I will start a character and information thread tonight. I do have more information I just have to put it up. Stupid Minecraft... so addiciting.
Tentacle Sex, WOO!

Sethala

I need to pick some traits still, but aside from that, I'm set: Suika, Baccae Titan Mauler

A brief background outline that I plan on fleshing out later: Suika's part of a baccae village that's next to a large hill giant village.  Just about everyone in the village has learned some form of fighting for when the giants go on a raid, Suika's family no exception.  Supposedly, one of her ancestors had managed to single-handedly slay a giant chieftain and take his axe, using it against the giants; that same axe has been handed down for generations until finally Suika earned it from her father.  The haft of the axe has been replaced many times, much smaller now to make it easier to use, but the massive head is just as deadly (and just as heavy!) as ever.  Of course, some people doubt that's where the axe really came from, as it only has weak enchantments on it, nothing fitting for a giant chieftain...

As an aside, one of my pet theories about magic items is that they eventually lose their power and become weaker if not properly maintained.  The loss in power is slight and usually takes at least a century to even notice a difference (i.e. nothing that would happen in a campaign to the PCs, but it could explain why an ancient heirloom is far weaker now than it used to be).  So, up to you if you want to give the axe some kind of legendary origin, perhaps formerly a giant heirloom that had been passed down for generations before it was stolen, maybe even say that the giants really want it back and will try to hunt down Suika to take it back once they find out she's got it.

Also, how long ago did the heartstone curse happen?  Are there still any living Fey males, or are they all gone now?

Sethala

By the way, I was planning a few traits and some tweaks to the character.  One thing I wanted to do was go with the Drunken Brute archetype, since that also fits with the character idea.  Unfortunately, it overlaps with Titan Mauler for replacing the barbarian's Fast Movement class ability, so by the normal rules I can't take both archetypes.  Is there any chance I could talk you into allowing me to take both and simply not take the Big Game Hunter ability from Titan Mauler?  (It's not significant to the build, but would allow me to actually use her constant drinking in combat.)  If not however, would you rule that I could drink something alcoholic instead of just potions with the Accelerated Drinker trait?

Lidian

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Z-1PJwHWqYZ2EzZmNQTEVhTjg/edit?usp=sharing
That's a preliminary sheet right there. I've got some basic back story and stuff sketched out and I'm just waiting on your info to fill in the gaps.

MrBubbles

I'm interested in the local political situation as well, since I'm thinking of making a character who's the son of some important blueblood in the area.

He'd probably be a frontliner, but we seem to have plenty of those already. Reach Fighter? Cleric? Another Pally? If the party needs some death-from-30-paces sorta characters, I could modify the concept to be a Ranger (which might work the best, Rangers get falcons. Nobles love falcons.)

Zeekergamer

OK

Created a Character Sheet/Info and OOC Thread to get us going.

Please no chatter in the Character Sheet/Info thread so that can remain a "clean" place to easily find things. If you made a sheet and linked it here, I've got you in the current character list w/links there. Once you've decided on a background (and it is not on your character sheet), I'll put them up in that thread as well. I'm not _quite_ done with all the information but I put up everything I have so far. I apologize if that is a lot of reading.

If LuciusLeche and MrBubbles joins that will be seven characters and I think that is  aplenty. Character creation discussion should be in the OOC thread. Speak there or we're starting without you!

To answer questions asked here though:

No male Fey, they are all gone.

The Curse happened approximately one hundred years ago.

The current five party makeup if you want to see where a "gap" might be:
Luna - Miri, Faerie Sorceress
Muse - Nynaveve Aridhol, Nymph Druid
Sethala - Suika, Baccae Titan Mauler
Jayna - Talia, Human Rogue
Lidian - Zephyra, Faun(??) Paladin
Tentacle Sex, WOO!

Zeekergamer

Quote from: Sethala on November 06, 2013, 11:28:25 PM
So, up to you if you want to give the axe some kind of legendary origin, perhaps formerly a giant heirloom that had been passed down for generations before it was stolen, maybe even say that the giants really want it back and will try to hunt down Suika to take it back once they find out she's got it.

That works for me, I'll write a little more in the info section about heirloom weapons if someone has a weapon that they don't want constantly replaced. The idea being that instead of tossing out that magical sword, at certain points it will "level up" with you.

Quote from: Sethala on November 07, 2013, 02:51:07 AM
By the way, I was planning a few traits and some tweaks to the character.  One thing I wanted to do was go with the Drunken Brute archetype, since that also fits with the character idea.  Unfortunately, it overlaps with Titan Mauler for replacing the barbarian's Fast Movement class ability, so by the normal rules I can't take both archetypes.  Is there any chance I could talk you into allowing me to take both and simply not take the Big Game Hunter ability from Titan Mauler?  (It's not significant to the build, but would allow me to actually use her constant drinking in combat.)  If not however, would you rule that I could drink something alcoholic instead of just potions with the Accelerated Drinker trait?

I'd rather not override the rules, as I'd rather not run into any potential balance issues. I have no problem using the feat as a way to drink alcoholic beverages for RP purposes.
Tentacle Sex, WOO!

Zeekergamer

Lidian,

Did you want me to take a stab at a Faun race build, or what did you use to build your character?
Tentacle Sex, WOO!

Sethala

Quote from: Zeekergamer on November 07, 2013, 11:08:52 PM
That works for me, I'll write a little more in the info section about heirloom weapons if someone has a weapon that they don't want constantly replaced. The idea being that instead of tossing out that magical sword, at certain points it will "level up" with you.

I like that idea, and it would be easy enough to say that the cost to have the weapon "restored" to that higher power is the same as upgrading the weapon, for balance reasons.

As an aside, one item crafting option I've come up with is that characters can make "upgrade gems" using item crafting feats and sell/trade them, and then just shove a bunch of them into an item to instantly upgrade it instead of spend days on attempting to craft the item.  Basically it's a way to hire an NPC mage to enchant an item further without giving up the original item for a few weeks.

QuoteI'd rather not override the rules, as I'd rather not run into any potential balance issues. I have no problem using the feat as a way to drink alcoholic beverages for RP purposes.

To be fair it does have non-RP reasons, as there's a few barbarian rage powers that require you to drink while raging in order to work.  Though, the boost they give is rather weak, so I'm probably not going to worry about tying Suika's drinking into her mechanics.