News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

My Threads Feature

Started by BeeJay, July 25, 2014, 01:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeJay

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before or if it is the fact that I am unapproved that I'm missing something, but I will suggest it anyway. On other forums I have frequented, there have often been various "My Threads" features. This is where you can see a list of threads you have posted in with all the info you would see if you were browsing it its particular subforum: Unread posts, thread traffic, author etc. As far as I have been able to tell, you can only see your specific posts, and not whether there are not there are unread posts in the thread and such. My humble suggestion is to implement this kind of feature, because it is very convenient. It keeps you from having to browse through pages of threads and manually find the ones you've posted in, or going to the 'show posts' feature and just checking each one manually. The main pro for this feature is that it will save users a load of time. The only con I can think of is that it might encourage member to only post in threads they have previously posted in and then log off, which means that some people will browse through new posts less often. Thank you for reading my suggestion!
O/O

consortium11

E has a "bookmark" feature, which does pretty much what you suggest with the exception that you manually add the threads in question as opposed to it being automatic.

There's also a "Show new replies to your posts" button in the top right hand corner which gives you a list of all the threads that you've posted in that have new replies since you last looked at them.

BeeJay

Actually, I have found the feature on the sight. The 'show new replies to your posts' link at the top of the page, right below the shoutbox, does what I'm looking for. Sorry for wasting time.  ::)
O/O