Dark Fae: World End [Still Recruiting...We have cookies!]

Started by Esoteric Myobi, May 27, 2010, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kitsune

Are you planning to get things moving, Myobi?  *holds her breath in hopes*   ;D
I am working on it, I swear!

cere

Can't wait to get tickling my fairy friends' fancies!!
;D

** Light is life.  Dark is divine!  **
  ~Ons and Offs of import~        ~Away times~

"The secret to living a good life is honesty and fair play.  If you can fake these, you've got it made!"  Groucho Marx

Cassiopeia

Hoping to be working on my profile this week finally <.<  I hate how there's always certain parts of every profile I get hung up on.  Just need to do some brainstorming, but I know this will be lots of fun!  ;D

Lady Kitsune

Ahh, but the result is simply fantastic, Cass!   ;D

Cassiopeia

*blushes* Thank you, Lady K.  Coming from you that's high praise!  I'm just all OCD, I have to fuss with something until it can be fussed with no more >.>

Lady Kitsune

From me?  *blushes too*  OCD or not, your characters are always wonderful.  There is reason it's called perfect.  I strive for it as well, though it seems unobtainable.  :P

Zadaris

Just had a look over a few posts of the thread and it looks like an incredible story you all have going here. If the game will allow I'd certainly like to make a character and join in the escapades.  ;D
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Esoteric Myobi

Snow Cherry: There are no objections on my part and I'm sure the rest of us would be thrilled to have you as well. (Though having you in which ways would be the real question...ahem...anyway...) Please post up a character profile and when approved your name shall be added to the list. =)

Imogen: Likewise as what I said to Cherry. Hrm, it also looks like I should figure out whether or not the other Cups Marked is around as he had wanted to be a keyholder...On that note I also haven't heard back from Iksander as of yet so that spot may very well be open as well. =/ More to that later on when I know for sure.

Lady Kitsune: Yes! I am finally moving things along (again) and being a persistent nuisance to the poor people I spammed PM'd. Hopefully we'll be able to get a full cast and finally start the game.

Cassiopeia: I know your OCD tendencies all too well. ~.~; But am still patiently waiting and I expect perfection Missy! =P

Cere: Nice to know you're still in the game. =)

Zadaris: Yay, new person! By all means, please post up a character profile and when approved then you may most definitely join in the escapades.

Just an update for those of you applying, so we know who's interested in what and who's still here. I think it's pretty self-explanatory and I'm hoping that we haven't lost Shihong and Iksander. There are a few other players who have expressed interest but aren't on the list since I don't know what role they're trying to fill:

[.Current.Players.]

The Four -
Cup: Esoteric Myobi - Acrasia [Present and Accounted for]
Pentacle: [Interested in - PeacethatPowerbrings]
Wand: [Interested in - Antone]
Sword: Lady Kitsune - Iseult of the Moon [Present and Accounted for]

The Messengers -
Cup: Lady Kitsune - Sorcha McCuinn [Present and Accounted for]
Pentacle: Esoteric Myobi - Anwen [Present and Accounted for]
Wand: Reserved - Cassiopeia
Sword:

The Marked - (2 for each symbol - 'k' = Key Holders)
Cup: TheHangedMan - Edgar Crowley (k)  [Present and Accounted for], [Interested in - Imogen]
Pentacle: Cere - Dr Joel Brandon (k) [Present and Accounted for]
Wand: [Interested in - Zadaris]
Sword: Iksander - Reginald "Reggy" Townsend [Questionable]

The fifth - Shihong: Abhoth [Questionable]

The minion -
Wand: Iksander: Shards/Samuel [Questionable]
Sword: Shihong: Miss Helena White and Mr Randis Black [Questionable]

Other interested players:

Snow Cherry, TheWhiteEmperor

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Snow Cherry

Wow, this is great! Positions are starting to fill up ^^

I am pretty flexible in my taste so... I will take whatever position is left over and fill in the gap.  ;)

I know that is kind of a vague answer for you Myobi, but I will be around. As soon as you find who is accounted for, and Zandaris/The White Emperor puts their stamp on who they are playing, I will find a spot to fill.

Esoteric Myobi

That sounds fine, Cherry. As long as I know that you'll be around. =)

Hrm, though you can certainly take your pick of the Marked since ideally I'd like to get 2 characters per Marked.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Snow Cherry

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on August 10, 2010, 06:33:12 AM
Hrm, though you can certainly take your pick of the Marked since ideally I'd like to get 2 characters per Marked.

Ok!  :-)

Zadaris

I like the idea of being a Marked/Wand character so I'll hopefully have a profile up sometime later in the day  ;D
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Esoteric Myobi

Updated list from what I have so far:

[.Current.Players.]

The Four -
Cup: Esoteric Myobi - Acrasia [Present and Accounted for]
Pentacle: [Interested in - PeacethatPowerbrings]
Sword: Lady Kitsune - Iseult of the Moon [Present and Accounted for]

The Messengers -
Cup: Lady Kitsune - Sorcha McCuinn [Present and Accounted for]
Pentacle: Esoteric Myobi - Anwen [Present and Accounted for]
Sword:

Cup: TheHangedMan - Edgar Crowley (k)  [Present and Accounted for], [Interested in - Imogen]
Pentacle: Cere - Dr Joel Brandon (k) [Present and Accounted for]
Wand: [Interested in - Zadaris]
Sword: Iksander - Reginald "Reggy" Townsend [Questionable]

The fifth - Shihong: Abhoth [Questionable]

The minion -
Wand: Iksander: Shards/Samuel [Questionable]
Sword: Shihong: Miss Helena White and Mr Randis Black [Questionable]

Snow Cherry, TheWhiteEmperor

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on August 10, 2010, 06:12:02 AM

Cassiopeia: I know your OCD tendencies all too well. ~.~; But am still patiently waiting and I expect perfection Missy! =P

I'm working on it woman! ><  This is how Ailie's character got formed in the first place, because she's a perfectionist ... crazed at times ... <.< 

*Ailie mutters*  You can't rush art! >.>

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name: Maer (Mae - er)
Race/Symbol: Faerie - Pentacle
Weapon/Ability:

Intangiblity: Capable of making hereself completely intangible, she can manipulate this ability to almost any degree. Although mostly considered by observers to be separate powers, the extensions of this ability are phasing through solid matter, and invsibility among others. Most commonly, she uses this ability to remain just out of reach, or avoid harm if attacked.

Becoming Incorporeal and Shape-Changing: The ability to separate herself into consituent elements is something that Maer uses quite often. As an ability, she merely has the power of separating herself into constiuent parts, of which there are far more than are apparent, down to the magical and energy level, and then reconstitute herself in any way she pleases. She can mimic other people, animals, and even furniture, when she feels like it. With her power of intangibility, this power makes her extremely flighty, and she delights in being almost impossible to catch, if not completely impossible.

Appearance:

True Form:Fairly short, even for a faerie, Maer is most commonly seen floating some height off the ground, to engage people at eye level. She is around 5 foot, though, how close is unknown, particularly because she rarely touches the ground. Though best estimates range from 5'1 to 5'3. Her hair and eyes are commonly shifting in colour, but rarely close to anything that might be considered normal, usually in bright colours, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, etc. Her hair is fairly short and seems to be styled different everytime one sees her, ranging from floating upward like a flame, to being pulled straight down over one eye.

Her wings are peculiar, in that they seem to have changed in their form over the years. Now seemingly made of some sort of amber/yellow crystal, they float just behind her, not quite touching her back, but seeming to be part of her nonetheless.

Human Form: Her human form is almost identical to her Faerie form, excepting her pointed ears and wings. Her hair and eyes settle on a partiuclar colour in her human form, though it is still particularly bright, and unusual, which was a problem for her to be covered up, until the invention of extravagant hair-dye. In her human form, her powers are also restricted to the form she's in. She lacks the ability to shapeshift, and although she can still pass through solid matter, and has inhuman speed and agility, using any of her powers constantly drains the amount of power she has, as her magic is linked primarily to Arcadia, and she can only move to the human realm with a limited reserve. Once her power is gone she reverts to her true form, though she lacks any ability to use her powers, or be seen by regular humans.

Personality: Easily amused, but without a taste for consistency. Maer is a trickster, and a teaser. She is also happens to be particularly easy to entertain, willing to accept almost any distraction, relying on her abilities, to evade the traps that tendecy might lead her into. She is young at heart, and has long since forgotten her own age, a fact she is quite happy with, as she is unwilling to consider herself in any sense 'old.'

Biography: Maer cannot remember much of her beginnings, but she knows enough to say that she created herself. She started as nothing more than an idea, tricking her way into existence by fooling the universe, and outrunning the rebalancing of the scales. She has no idea what that process actually entailed, but she knows that the universe simply swung the other way to make up for her existence, and she theorizes that there is something boring and immobile enough somewhere in the universe to make up for her.

Maer passes years without much though, rarely recalling long past events in proper order. However she has a good sense fo the present, and the future, and the recent past. She rarely holds a grudge much beyond a day or so, and as such, she has made enemies and friends with her confused stares resulting from some event they remember, and she has long since dismissed.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Zadaris

Name: Ridley Lestrade
Race/Symbol: Human (Marked) | Wand
Weapon/Ability: Lizoma: Storm Goddess

Arms of Lizoma | Defense Core: Ridley's body becomes engulfed in the protective armor of Lizoma's fierce wind, creating an almost tangible sphere of wind around his body which acts as the eye. The wind is fierce enough to repel most projectiles, the smallest being crushed by the wind pressure while larger items can simply be misdirected. Normal Mode.

Lance of Lizoma | Attack Core: Abondoning his defenses Ridley compresses all the wind sphere into the shape of a lance, used to attack his enemies. The wind oscillates so fast at the tip that it affords him incredible destructive power but at a price of practically no defense. Emergencies only.

Heels of Lizoma | Speed Core: 'He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day'. By tranferring the condensed wind energy to his legs Ridley can run at speeds much greater than normal, albeit with less traction, and jump fantastic heights. He can also fall equally far and still only suffer negligible damage to his limbs. Escape Tactic.

Appearance:

Personality: The son of a drunken idol and a ruthless businessman Ridley learned at a young age to fend for himself, using his own inherent ruthlessness when necessary. Ridley is a calm and intelligent man, though sometimes blunt and abrasive. Despite usually remaining distant he knows when to accept, or give, aid, always considering partnerships, their unexpected gains and the ability to put his ingenuity to good use, for himself of course, always looking to perfect himself and his work. If he's in a position to improve his position he'll never turn his back on a challenge, never compromising with himself and only looking at the favourable outcomes, not the consequences and always ready to persevere.

Biography: *Work in Progress*

((Hope it's ok so far  ;D))

Esoteric Myobi

Updated list from what I have so far:

[.Current.Players.]

The Four -
Cup: Esoteric Myobi - Acrasia
Pentacle: PeacethatPowerbrings - Maer
Sword: Lady Kitsune - Iseult of the Moon

The Messengers -
Cup: Lady Kitsune - Sorcha McCuinn
Pentacle: Esoteric Myobi - Anwen
Sword:

Cup: TheHangedMan - Edgar Crowley (k)  , [Interested in - Imogen]
Pentacle: Cere - Dr Joel Brandon (k)
Wand: Zadaris - Ridley Lestrade
Sword: Iksander - Reginald "Reggy" Townsend , [Interested in - TheWhiteEmperor]

The fifth - Shihong: Abhoth

The minion -
Wand: Iksander: Shards/Samuel
Sword: Shihong: Miss Helena White and Mr Randis Black

Snow Cherry

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Hrm, still no word from Shihong or Iksander sadly. It seems that Iksander hasn't been active in quite a while so I may be taking him off the list >.< As for Shihong I'll wait a bit longer for a response.

Zadaris, would you like to be a key holder? Or would you rather just be a normal 'Marked'?

On another note: Although some positions may be listed as 'Interested in' some of the players are still deciding between which role they'd like to play most. ^^; So there is a chance of the 'Interested in' spots jumping around a bit until they finally settle down and choose one.

Also, players who feel that they'd be able to handle a secondary character, you're more than welcome to do so. =) It looks like we're running a bit low on villains. x.X;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Crovonovin

I'm far from questionable, thank you very much!  That's what I get for not making an A&A thread to say that I'm on vacation in sunny California for a week!  I just got in today.

Esoteric Myobi

Welcome back Shihong! ^^ Thrilled to know you're still around. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Imogen

Name: Amy Wilkes
Race/Symbol: marked – cups
Weapon/Ability:

Tranquility:
By changing the timbre of her voice Amy is able to instill calm, patience and a sense of wellbeing into another being. At its highest level this can cause an entranced sleep, from which one wakes up per normal as if from a heavy sleep and leaves no after effects.

Appearance:
Amy is a chubby little thing, standing at 5’4”. She has short, black curly hair and wears glasses. Her usual dress code consists of jeans or shorts, sweater or shirt, depending on the season, and tennis shoes. (mark: a scar on her thigh, left from that time she fell against a barbed wire fence when trying to get away from all too curious cows when crossing a field – she still dislikes cows!)

Personality
Amy claims she does not believe. Not in fate, not in karma, religion, friendship or love. Life is what it is. This outlook has made her more than a bit selfish, and she is prone to think of her own needs before another’s. Secretly, although she’d never admit it, she still has hope. For a better life. For love, children and all those silly things any woman dreams of. She does save up money to buy a lottery ticket every month because, as she says, if hell freezes over, I want to buy a ticket and go see it!

Biography:
Amy is the eldest child of a broken home. From a young age on she has learned to deal with her mother’s drinking habits, her dad’s love for gambling and both parents’ grief against each other.

She has spent a good portion of her childhood taking care of her family, and now, at the age of 22, her siblings have come of an age they too can fend for themselves, and Amy at last dares to think of the fulfillment of her secret dreams: a place of her own, a life.

With the lack of funding for a proper education this life will probably consist of a job at Wall Mart and a one bedroom apartment, but even that would be heaven compared to the hell of living with her family.

Although Amy doesn’t have much experience with boyfriends, she knows what she doesn’t want. She will not settle for anything that might land her in the same situation her parents were in. For that reason, she measures anything a guy does against her parents’ behavior and if there is even a tiny match, she will stay away from that person. And since Amy hasn’t found a saint of said description yet, she is still single.

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

cere

What a wonderfully understated profile Imo!  Well done girl.  Amy sounds like a real person with normal vulnerabilities!!  Joel and Amy might get along if they were to meet don't you think?   ;)

** Light is life.  Dark is divine!  **
  ~Ons and Offs of import~        ~Away times~

"The secret to living a good life is honesty and fair play.  If you can fake these, you've got it made!"  Groucho Marx

Crovonovin

I agree!  Amy sounds like a very vulnerable young woman.  Malleable and brimming with a hidden power.  Just the sort of woman certain interested parties would love to get their hands on.   >:)

Lady Kitsune

Zadaris

QuoteZadaris, would you like to be a key holder? Or would you rather just be a normal 'Marked'?

What exactly would being a key holder entail? I know their part of a seal kept upon The Fifth but what does bearing it do to my character; does it determine the path he'll wander down and what side he'll choose or does it mean that the villains will just pursue him a little more fervently, not that I'd mind if that's the case.

@Shihong: Welcome back. Sounds like you had a grand vacation away in the sun. You lucky sod!  ;D