Game of Thrones: Ascension - Freeform, Sandbox GoT Group - Open to All

Started by RobHumph, November 03, 2018, 10:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobHumph

Game of Thrones - Ascension
Chapter 2

"I can no longer obey; I have tasted command, and I cannot give it up."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Old Queen Daenerys is dead. For sixty-three years the realm prospered under her rule, but this time of peace is done, for she left no heir. In accordance with tradition, a Great Council, where all the Lords of Westeros would gather to decide the succession was called.

It failed.

Now Queen Rhaela Velaryon sits upon the throne of a fractured kingdom. The Vale have crowned their own Queen. The Riverlands are in open rebellion. The Stormlands, though House Baratheon has been crushed, are a hotbed of instability, as is the Reach that tears itself apart. In the North, the reign of the new Stark in Winterfell is young yet to be proven, and in the South in Dorne, a new Martell bloodline has claimed the principality for their own. In the windswept Islands of the Ironborn, the Greyjoys are gone and their new ruler is returning to the Old Ways. Only in the Westerlands is there stability under the new Lannister of Casterly Rock, but it cannot last forever.

Once the tenuous balance of power kept peace in the kingdoms. That balance is gone. Now there is only one thing that remains.

There is only war.

An Overview

Game of Thrones - Ascension is a freeform, fluid and sandbox style group game that takes place in George R. R. Martin's Westeros.

Games of Thrones: Ascension, has been with for over a year and a half now. In that time plots, schemes, diabolical plans, romance, death, destruction and all manner of things have taken place. We're still open, and in fact always looking for new players to join our band of merry men and women.

The game is set 63 years after Daenerys Targaryen's conquest of Westeros and the following War for the Dawn. As for our canon, the primary base is Show Canon, ending with the final episode of Season 6 as we began before Season 7 was out. That means everything that happened in the TV Show Game of Thrones, has happened here. Any blanks have mostly been filled in with stuff from the books or what we as writers came up with ourselves. Naturally, the 63 years are pretty much purely guesswork and homebrew stuff.

Following the death of Daenerys of old age, the Seven Kingdoms are left without a rightful heir to the throne.  According to custom, when there is doubt and questions revolving around the line of succession, a Great Council is called in order to decide upon the next ruler of the kingdom by vote.  However, with no Targaryen left to claim the throne, it sets up a unique and difficult moment in Westrosi history, where the Targaryen line is officially extinguished, and a new dynasty begins, elected by a Great Council.

New players joining are more than welcome to create a character from any of the noble houses yet taken. Or even be of the Smallfolk, though I shall heavily warn people wishing to do so that this game is mostly based around the aristocracy of Westeros, keep in mind that a simple blacksmith or sellsword may find it difficult to have much to do in this game. All Lord Paramounts (Stark, Lannister, Tully.) are taken with the exception of the Stormlands (where the Baratheons, now deposed, once ruled) with the same for the Wardens.

Targaryen's are off the menu as well, as if one existed then this entire game would be rendered somewhat moot as they would just be the heir to the throne and this entire game is based around the kerfuffle related to no one knowing who should get the throne. Blackfyre's are under a similar restriction though I will hear any ideas for them, just don't get your hopes up. Any other restrictions will be detailed in the character creation section.

We have our own little place in the Extreme Big Game section, this is to allow us all to have creative freedom in whatever depraved Westerosi habits we choose to indulge in, though warnings are expected regardless so you'll have a chance to see if it's something you want to read before doing so.

This is primarily freeform, with the players plots, schemes and other shenanigans can and will impact the plot heavily, in fact, most of the plot derives from those. So don't feel like you shouldn't do something because it might impact another character, this is Game of Thrones, it happens. Just make sure to chat it out with them beforehand so they know it's happening and they can give their two cents.

As for the setting, until recently we were exclusively centred around the capital of King's Landing, but with the Great Council failing and the calling of the Banners, the entire continent of Westeros is now opened up. War has come, and the men and women of Westeros will not sit idly by in a single location. While we are aware of the potential issues with this, we hope to overcome them and we're already making progress.

It should also be noted that the majority of the background information of the world is based upon the show up to the end of season six, which includes spoilers of what has happened during the show, as well as guesswork at how things might play out during the seasons beyond.  This is your official spoiler warning.

Major credit to Rel Mayer and Red Lobster for inspiring this and a tremendous shoutout to GnothiSeauton for running this absolutely wonderful game for much of its runtime and giving all a chance to get involved

Rules

Most of these are pretty simple and common stuff.  But, after a few incidents in past group games that I've run, I've had to make some of these clear and put out there for everyone.

• Real Life comes first.  Don't let anyone pressure you into thinking you have to post when life is going on.  Writing can always wait.
  • Don't feel pressured to write.  Writing should be fun and relaxing, not a chore.  There is no set pace here for the group, and is really intended to be relaxed and enjoyable, with a sandbox atmosphere.
  • Be respectful, courteous, and so on in the OOC.  Pretty self explanatory.  If you have a disagreement, or something negative to say, keep it to yourself, or in PMs.
  • Don't take IC Drama and remarks seriously.  It's just a game, with characters that are not representations of the writer.
  • If you can't get along with someone in the group, ignore them.  I'm not your babysitter or referee.  I don't think it's asking a lot for people to act like grown-ups and have a bit of maturity.
  • Be respectful of other writers IC.  No godmodding.  No forcing of sexual scenes without prior discussion.  Keep an eye on whether a scene is open or close.  Don't kill characters without discussing it with other writers.  Watch out for the content warning in the header.  Common sense stuff.
  • Don't be afraid to speak up if you have ideas or thoughts.  I welcome discussion and input, from anyone.
  • If you're going to leave, whether for good or a few weeks with real life stuff, let me know.  This is so that I have an idea of the number of characters and who is still in and whatnot.  Plus it makes things easier for everyone when there's a general knowledge of who is in and who is out.
  • Use the header for IC posts, and be mindful of the rating tag.  Header is there for to make things simple and organized.  Additionally, not everyone is into extreme stuff, and I ask that, should there be any extreme elements in your post, to mark it appropriately in the header.
  • Returning from the dead is purely on the GMs discretion  May seem a tad obvious. But it's worth mentioning that when characters die, it's a serious moment. Coming back from that is next to impossible and purely up to the GM.

The character creation guide can be found here:
Character Creation

And here is the code for the character sheets

Please PM your final character sheet submissions to me.

[center][size=15pt][font=georgia][b]Character Name[/b][/font][/size][/center]

[float=right][img height=300 padding=10]IMG URL Here.  Feel free to adjust height and padding to your preference.[/img][/float]

[b]Character:[/b]  Your character's name.  Titles are welcome.

[b]Alias:[/b]  Does your character have a nickname?  Something that they would be known as?  For example, Petyr Baelish is also known as Little Finger.  This is optional.

[b]Age:[/b]  Your character's age.

[b]Position:[/b]  What is your character's position in the story?  Commoner?  Peer of the Realm?  Member of the Small Council or Queensguard?

[b]Allegiance:[/b]  To what house, if you're lower nobility, does your house pledge allegiance to?  For example, House Mormont is sworn to House Stark.  If your character is of an order, such as the Faith of the Seven, the Citadel, or the Night's Watch, simply name that order.

[b]Appearance:[/b]  Just a brief description of your character's appearance.  How they carry and present themselves in public.  The type of clothes they usually wear in public and private.  Tattoos, piercings, birthmarks, etc.

[b]Face Claim:[/b]  The name of the person or link to the artwork of the character you're using for your character's image.

[b]Personality:[/b]  A brief overview of your character's personality.

[b]Motivations:[/b]  Your character's motivations in the story.  What are their drives and desires for themselves?

[b]History:[/b]  A brief overview of your character's personal history.  By no means does it have to be long or biographic.  Just a few sentences here and there that show some of your character's history.  One paragraph minimum.  Bullet Points will also be accepted (four bullet point minimum).

[b]Sexual Identity:[/b]  Your character's sexual identity.  Heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, etc. etc.

[b]Rumors and Gossip:[/b]  What are some of the rumors and gossip about your character?  Rumors and gossip are a part of every day court life.  This is completely optional if your character is a servant or commoner, but is required if your character is a member of court, a peer of the realm, member of the Small Council, or a Queensguard.  You're more than welcome to clarify the rumor or gossip with the truth.

[b]Strengths and Key Skills:[/b]  What are some strengths and key skills about your character?

[b]Flaws and Weaknesses:[/b]  Everyone has a few flaws or personal weaknesses.  List them here.  Only a few is fine.

[b]Character Likes and On's:[/b]  What does your character like in an out of the bedroom?  A link to your personal thread would suffice.

[b]Character Dislikes and Off's:[/b]  What does your character dislike in and out of the bedroom?  Again, a link to your personal thread would suffice.

[b]Connections:[/b]  Your character's connections and relationships to other characters.  This can be left blank, and can be edited over time.

[b]Special Notes:[/b]  This is the sort of catch-all for anything else that you want to make known about your character.  Anything that you think is important and the like.  You can also list what sort of connections and characters that you're looking for with your character here.

[b]Additional Pictures:[/b]  Optional.  A place where you can place additional pictures of your character.  Please spoiler any NSFW images.

Luciferia

If you meet god, tell him to leave me alone

Caela

Flower

Deamonbane

*puts out some coffee and assorted drinks for luring purposes as well*
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

RobHumph

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Caela

EvieFrye

I'm really tempted. I have a few questions, can a character be from one of the main families, or be a bastard from one (Like a Snow or Flower), and can they be from any part of the world, like if they trained with the faceless?

Caela

Characters can be from main families but if someone is already playing that family you would want to coordinate closely with them even if you're writing a bastard, unless you want the bastard to not be known for some reason. I will say that an unknown bastard would be harder to get involved though just because we're pretty aristocracy focused.

The last question would probably require a pitch to Rob, our GM. Foreign characters (like small folk or unacknowledged bastards) would be more difficult to get involved for pretty much the same reason.

RobHumph

As Caela said, you can be from any noble family in Westeros (barring Targaryen, Blackfyre. Though if you want to be of a house already played by somebody else, I would suggest asking them first) or any place from Essos. But yes, being a member of the smallfolk or a simple wandering knight or sellsword will likely mean you have rather little to do in a game of grand politics. Same goes for Essosi characters though if they're highly ranked from their own cities, I can see it working easily.

As for being trained by the faceless men. It could work, though I would prefer to see the reasoning behind it before I give the go ahead.

But really glad you're interested!

Rel Mayer

Heya, interested in this! Don't want to put a definite foot down (due to muse being finicky), but trying to see if I can find a way to insert myself to a plot line or working with an already established character.

Is anyone looking for any pairings right now? Or a character for someone to play to flesh out your plot a bit more?

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Aiden

Quote from: Rel Mayer on November 04, 2018, 08:58:35 AM
Heya, interested in this! Don't want to put a definite foot down (due to muse being finicky), but trying to see if I can find a way to insert myself to a plot line or working with an already established character.

Is anyone looking for any pairings right now? Or a character for someone to play to flesh out your plot a bit more?

I have a criminal organization that needs more high rank holders that can step in and out as muse demands.

RobHumph

There's also a merc company and several lower ranked chars that haven't had much to do. Valyra Flowers and Reynik Snow spring instantly to mind there.

Flower

sweets

we have a great crew and everyoneone is nice. So do not be intimidated by the size of our game, come visit us!

Aiden

Bump, looking for Lords and Ladies!

Lots of plot stuff is coming up along with a time skip which will be good for new players to enter!

Flower

Perfect opportunity to join! We're moving onto the next stage of the game. Don't be intimidated! We're friendly folk (ooc). xD

CyrodilicBrandy

I'd love to join; just not sure who I would rather play. It's one of the reasons I've never joined a GoT RP before. I think the amount of wonderful world building George R. R. Martin has done intimidates me. Even though I've read the books, I still feel overwhelmed whenever I consider it.

RobHumph

I prefer Nord Mead myself :)

We'd be happy to have you. And don't feel you don't know enough. We're always more than happy to help out with lore bits and bobs you might need help with. I also did some general overviews of the various regions down the bottom of the world and story info, so if you need anything, I recommend that as the place to start.

CyrodilicBrandy

Cyrodilic Brandy is superior, excuse you. 

There's SO MUCH STUFF.

Caela

There is a lot of stuff, but it's really not as intimidating as it looks at first glance! Some of us (me) haven't read any of the books at all (I refuse until Martin finishes or dies lol...he takes too long between books!) but we manage just fine. Those that have done extensive reading are more than willing to answer questions and help those of us without the background to keep up and the rest of us are more than willing to help with general plottings and character development.

I will say, unless you have a specific hook and connections, you're best bet is to look at making a member of the aristocracy over a commoner. The game really focuses on the politics of the world so a lot of commoner characters have a hard time sliding in unless they were designed for a specific purpose and come with ready connections.

RobHumph

Yeah it's generally best and easier to create a member of one of the noble houses, and I'd strongly suggest you make the head of the house rather than a lower member, gives your char more to do.

And a slight thing. The game started off as mostly show based but has steadily incorporated a lot more book only stuff, has a little more to it than the tv show and all.

Again. Hope you do end up joining us! Can always use one more corpse for the pi-... I mean merry lad or lass to join our silly mission to bring smiles and laughs to the commonfolk of Westeros!

CyrodilicBrandy

I'm wondering if I might join as perhaps someone's sibling or spouse (assuming the two won't be synonymous...). I'm really struggling with trying to decide on who I might play.

Flower

CyrodilicBrandy

And that would be Mildred's brother?
Is Mordred active? It would give me previous connections, which is good.

Flower

Yes, her beloved twin. And yes, End is still about.

Also, they wouldn't be married yet. This is an upcoming punishment for his wild ways. Would you be okay with potential humiliation, verbal abuse, and other unpleasantness?

Flower

Oh just looked at your one/offs. That probably isn't a good idea.

I can't think of anything else. :-(

CyrodilicBrandy

Typically, I'm not okay with those things if they're sexual in nature. I've read enough 'historical novels' to be uncomfortable with the consequences of being forced into a marriage as a punishment, particularly for the unfortunate wife. Perhaps non-sexual humiliation and verbal abuse. It's the  'other unpleasantness' I'm not sure about  :'(

Flower

Yeaaaaah. Let's avoid that road. I rather not make you uncomfortable.

Have you looked here by any chance? I know people listed advertisements in there.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267219.0

Aiden

Quote from: CyrodilicBrandy on December 03, 2018, 12:47:20 PM
I'm wondering if I might join as perhaps someone's sibling or spouse (assuming the two won't be synonymous...). I'm really struggling with trying to decide on who I might play.

I have two characters with sisters.

Lothar Tarly - has an unnamed sister, could be the middle or youngest and with her brother in Dorne, and father (besides the) throne, could be the defacto Head of Hornhill.

Macgowan Baratehon - has a semi named sister, middle child, living at Storm's end, her parents still alive and ruling.

CyrodilicBrandy

Quote from: Aiden on December 03, 2018, 09:59:53 PM

I have two characters with sisters.

Lothar Tarly - has an unnamed sister, could be the middle or youngest and with her brother in Dorne, and father (besides the) throne, could be the defacto Head of Hornhill.

Macgowan Baratehon - has a semi named sister, middle child, living at Storm's end, her parents still alive and ruling.

I can work with one of these. Most likely Tarly's sister.

Aiden

Flower

Caela

Flower

We are now proceeding into life after the Great Council. :) Great opportunity to join as we emerge from our time skip.

We have a few positions open now (I think). For myself, I would like to see my character's brother with a wife. xD Again, their relationship would be a bit rocky but someone with strong will might be able to handle such a prat. I can't really think of anything else for myself. I'm always open to possibilities though.

Oh I know there was a desire to see more Ironborne. I can't recall what else was on the list though.

AmandaShow

Entrapta: “Did you hear that, Emily? I’ve never had a lab partner before!"

RobHumph

GnothiSeauton

Seemed fitting

I think there's a lot of openings all over the place for anyone interested.  North, Dorne, Iron Islands, etc.

Plus, with the beginning of a new chapter in the story, and the deaths of many former characters, it's incredibly easy to get involved and integrated in this awesome game.

I know I'd love to find some Iron Born, either as enemies or allies.  For my own character, I'd really love to see someone play his salt-wife.  I had her being a plus size, taller Lyseni noble woman to my short, scrawny, asshole Iron Islander nobleman, but I'm more than happy to change it and discuss possibilities.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Flower

Merry Christmas, Elliquiy! :)

In the truth spirit of the holidays, I thought I'd put my listee here.

- A husband for Helene would be nice. Allies, in these times of war, would be wonderful as well.
- Also a wife for Mordred, my character's brother, would be absolutely wonderful.

- Apparently, the Greyjoy family is vacant right now.
- As are the Marbrands of the Westerlands
- We have no Starks, which is a downright shame.
- No Tarlys either. -shakes head-
- No Baratheons or Selmy

The list goes on. xD I recommend writing a noble. Easier to build connections.

AmandaShow

Happy holidays, good people of Westeros!
As soon as things settle down, I'll be looking into the rp thus far and cooking up a character. Any and all help getting up to speed would be mucho appreciated! Encouraged, even! :P

CyrodilicBrandy

PSA: I'm going to be playing Lady (First Name) Stark, Wardeness of the North....... when I finally get my character sheet sorted.

JessLowell12

Hello fine friends! I was looking into this, and I am super interested!

Does anyone have any need for a character to be filled before I craft up my own character idea? I was thinking going with a Baratheon if that house is open to new players, which it looks like it is. :D

Flower

Here's some options. (^^)

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on December 21, 2018, 10:55:30 PM

Seemed fitting

I think there's a lot of openings all over the place for anyone interested.  North, Dorne, Iron Islands, etc.

Plus, with the beginning of a new chapter in the story, and the deaths of many former characters, it's incredibly easy to get involved and integrated in this awesome game.

I know I'd love to find some Iron Born, either as enemies or allies.  For my own character, I'd really love to see someone play his salt-wife.  I had her being a plus size, taller Lyseni noble woman to my short, scrawny, asshole Iron Islander nobleman, but I'm more than happy to change it and discuss possibilities.

Quote from: Flower on December 25, 2018, 02:13:45 AM
Merry Christmas, Elliquiy! :)

In the truth spirit of the holidays, I thought I'd put my listee here.

- A husband for Helene would be nice. Allies, in these times of war, would be wonderful as well.
- Also a wife for Mordred, my character's brother, would be absolutely wonderful.

- Apparently, the Greyjoy family is vacant right now.
- As are the Marbrands of the Westerlands
- We have no Starks, which is a downright shame.
- No Tarlys either. -shakes head-
- No Baratheons or Selmy

The list goes on. xD I recommend writing a noble. Easier to build connections.

JessLowell12

JessLowell12

Flower

Well you could still make one. Other characters might not feel as strongly as her.

RobHumph

I'm afraid the Baratheon's are kind of dead and scattered. Coup and all that

Flower

RobHumph

Potentially a few from a minor branch of the family. But they'd be outlaws or captives right now. A proper RObert the Bruce type char.

Flower

JessLowell12

Hmmm decisions, decisions. What kind of character were you looking to have for Helene's husband Flower? Can I call you Flower?

Flower

RobHumph

I believe Flower goes by Her High Majesty Flower Warthington Smythe the Third in public :)

We are also currently lacking a Lord Paramount for the Stormlands though, of any other house than Baratheon really.

Flower

AmandaShow

I think a rogue, wandering Baratheon descendant could be amusing to write ;D

RobHumph

Well you might find yourself a natural ally of a certain Snow char whose face claim just happens to be Robert the Bruce, quite fitting.

JessLowell12

Quote from: RobHumph on December 25, 2018, 06:45:57 PM
I believe Flower goes by Her High Majesty Flower Warthington Smythe the Third in public :)

We are also currently lacking a Lord Paramount for the Stormlands though, of any other house than Baratheon really.

Lord Paramount? I'm not familiar with this term?

RobHumph

A Lord Paramount is the ruling lord of a region. Tywin Lannister, Ned Stark, Mace Tyrell for examples.

Also I'm on the lookout for a potential husband to Rhaela Velaryon, current Queen of Westeros.

Captjoe

You can pen me down as interested. I'm gonna go through all the info when I've got time. Should hear from me by tomorrow at the latest.
I cannot make you believe the truth. I may only tell it to you.

No good day will ever be completely good, and no bad day will ever be completely bad. Therefore, ever good day has it's price, and every bad day has it's reward.

Flower

I have new character ideas for people...

A protector (noble) for the new warden of the north.

Quote from: Captjoe on December 26, 2018, 12:36:28 PM
You can pen me down as interested. I'm gonna go through all the info when I've got time. Should hear from me by tomorrow at the latest.

Yaaaay!

Haloriel

I personally would love to see more Dornish lords and ladies. Hit me up, pleeeeease, interested folks. I write the current (new) Princess of Dorne, and a Lady of the Vale. -bounces around wildly-

AmandaShow

Finally catching up on posts so i should be able to work on characters for this soon-ish *happy dances* :D

Flower

List of desired characters...

- Wife for Mordred Corbray
- Salt Wife for Elmo Volmark
- More Ironborne nobles 
- More Vale Nobles
- More Northern nobles and protector for current warden of the north
- Paramount for the Stormlands (any other house than Baratheon is acceptable)
- Potential husband for Rhaela Velaryon, current Queen of Westeros

Hopefully this listee helps. :)

The Lovely Tsaritsa

I can maybe play a wife character, if needed.

I also have idea, for young woman, a minor noble, allied to House Lannister. She’s sold to pleasure house, in Lys, for paying away her fathers big debts. She returns somehow, after five years, to Seven Kingdoms. Maybe she’s concubine, or wife to low noble. Or, one disgraced. Or, she is spy, or mistress of coin, she’s clever. I don’t know if this fits, your game though. :-)

Flower

RobHumph

Awesome that you're interested! Always great to get new people.

It's an interesting concept. Would she be working for the Lannisters or anyone who would take her in? Because I can easily see Queen Rhaela the pure-and-totally-not-murderous taking her on.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Quote from: Flower on December 27, 2018, 12:43:02 PM
TLT! Wonderful to see you here. :)

Thank you Flower! :-)

Quote from: RobHumph on December 27, 2018, 12:43:59 PM
Awesome that you're interested! Always great to get new people.

It's an interesting concept. Would she be working for the Lannisters or anyone who would take her in? Because I can easily see Queen Rhaela the pure-and-totally-not-murderous taking her on.

Either, I think? Before she goes to Lys, she is haughty a little, she thinks herself quite like he catch for marriage. Her time in Lys, it humiliates her, even breaks her a little, she is just play thing for perverted amusements. If Lannister’s rescue her, she’s very grateful, and loyal. But, if it’s Queen Rhaela, or someone else, her loyalty goes there, instead.

Flower

Captjoe

Still interested, but still need to read through some stuff. I had an idea for my character to be something of a Gentleman Brigand so to speak. Stealing from those better off is cool, raping and murder is not. Mainly to be a headache for some of the higher ups. "We need to get rid of him but the people love him." As an example. Is that something that could be done? Or are we looking for more nobleman/noblewoman characters?
I cannot make you believe the truth. I may only tell it to you.

No good day will ever be completely good, and no bad day will ever be completely bad. Therefore, ever good day has it's price, and every bad day has it's reward.

RobHumph

Quote from: The Lovely Tsarina on December 27, 2018, 01:00:31 PM
Thank you Flower! :-)

Either, I think? Before she goes to Lys, she is haughty a little, she thinks herself quite like he catch for marriage. Her time in Lys, it humiliates her, even breaks her a little, she is just play thing for perverted amusements. If Lannister’s rescue her, she’s very grateful, and loyal. But, if it’s Queen Rhaela, or someone else, her loyalty goes there, instead.

That could defo be done. Would need to check in with some of the players we already have though, see if any of them would be up for the rescue/happening to meet her and offering her a trip to Westeros.

Quote from: Captjoe on December 27, 2018, 01:14:31 PM
Still interested, but still need to read through some stuff. I had an idea for my character to be something of a Gentleman Brigand so to speak. Stealing from those better off is cool, raping and murder is not. Mainly to be a headache for some of the higher ups. "We need to get rid of him but the people love him." As an example. Is that something that could be done? Or are we looking for more nobleman/noblewoman characters?

Would be an interesting idea. We do already have a bandit but he's more of the utter bastard kind of bandit so a Robin Hood type figure could be fun to have running around. I'd heavily warn that you may not end up with much to do, but it could be fun.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Quote from: RobHumph on December 27, 2018, 01:21:15 PM
That could defo be done. Would need to check in with some of the players we already have though, see if any of them would be up for the rescue/happening to meet her and offering her a trip to Westeros.

Oh ok, I wait then, to hear from you. :-)

RobHumph

Quote from: The Lovely Tsarina on December 27, 2018, 01:25:17 PM
Oh ok, I wait then, to hear from you. :-)

Oh don't feel that you have to wait! Go ahead and begin making the char if you fancy! Who knows, maybe inspiration will strike during it!

The Lovely Tsaritsa

The Dark Raven

The Lovely Tsaritsa

I PM my character, I hoped she’s ok. If she isn’t I have fun making her, anyway. :-)

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Thank you, for considerations. You have wonderful game, and amazing writers. I wish everyone, much fun for writing here. :-)

Flower

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Quote from: Flower on December 28, 2018, 03:22:01 PM
Are you no longer making a character? Do you need help?

No thank you Flower, I appreciate your kindness though.

AmandaShow

Hmm, I dunno if i'll be able to jump in here in any effective way :/ im pouring over all the information and its making my head spin a little lol i dont know where to start, its so overwhelming. i may just need to sit this one out and grab the first taxi to Westeros when the RP is in the outset 

GnothiSeauton

Don't let it intimidate you. It may seem like a lot but with the way things are, and how helpful and understanding everyone is, it's surprisingly easy to jump in and get going. This whole situation IC is like a reboot and big opening to get into the game.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Luciferia

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on December 29, 2018, 06:18:23 AM
Don't let it intimidate you. It may seem like a lot but with the way things are, and how helpful and understanding everyone is, it's surprisingly easy to jump in and get going. This whole situation IC is like a reboot and big opening to get into the game.

If you have any questions, we'd be happy to help!

Flower

The main point is that the queen died without an heir. Chaos commenced. A new queen has chosen by the council. Some people suspect cheating. Some nobles have chosen to rebel while others are stalling in making their decision.

That's literally all that's happened from a spaceship point of view.

RobHumph

You'd be surprised how much the slate has been wiped clean right now yeah. It's a soft reboot if anything. And if you ever have any issues or need any help, I know for a fact that this is a lovely group that's always happy to help.

And we also have so many openings that we would adore people to jump in on!

AmandaShow

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll think on it again today and have a fresh look through the filter of fresh coffee lol some direction on where I should begin reading would be greatly appreciated too :p

Luciferia

Quote from: AmandaShow on December 29, 2018, 02:22:26 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I'll think on it again today and have a fresh look through the filter of fresh coffee lol some direction on where I should begin reading would be greatly appreciated too :p

Personally, I'd start with Three Month Time Skip, Active Characters, and the World History threads!

Datawych

Is there a policy on lesser houses? Like if I wanted to be a Blackmyre or a Flint or something. It looks like most everyone on the roster is from either a greater house or a key vassal to one of the greater houses.

RobHumph

You can play a lesser house if you want. But I strongly suggest playing the head of a noble house so that you'll have things to do. Really minor nobility and landless smallfolk have trouble finding things to do in this game, unfortunately.

Flower

Edit added Vale army lieutenant stationed in riverlands

- Wife for Mordred Corbray, which also means friend for Millie
- More Ironborne nobles 
- More Vale Nobles (Vale army lieutenant stationed in riverlands )

AmandaShow

I think I'm goin with the protector of the warden of the north. That sounds like it has a few interesting opportunities ;D

Flower

The Dark Raven

Also FYI, Lord Paramount of the Westerlands will be open Soon.

CyrodilicBrandy

Quote from: AmandaShow on December 30, 2018, 02:46:12 PM
I think I'm goin with the protector of the warden of the north. That sounds like it has a few interesting opportunities ;D
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
I was just about to make a comment saying Brae's still unprotected (bonus points and cookies if your character is a dude over 6ft but for real looking forward to having Brae and your character interact aaaaaaaaaaaaa)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Also I was super intimidated at first, really really! But everyone's actually really nice and welcoming. It actually took me almost a week to make Brae and everyone was so cool about it :')

AmandaShow

The Dark Raven

AmandaShow

I really wanted those bonus points and cookies too! I was just a few points away from the decoder ring...
*stares longingly at her cookie-less hands*

Mellific

Hello, all you lovely people!

Would it be alright for me to reserve Adelaide Kane?

O/O | A/A | MM

RobHumph

Mellific

Believe me, I had been thinking about it for a long time. Now finally feels like the best time. And with my favorite FC not claimed, it was like a sign from the gods (old and new), lol.

O/O | A/A | MM

RobHumph

Hehe.

Well we'll be very glad to have you Mel. Feel free to ask for any help you need!

Luciferia

Quote from: Mellific on December 31, 2018, 08:52:32 AM
Believe me, I had been thinking about it for a long time. Now finally feels like the best time. And with my favorite FC not claimed, it was like a sign from the gods (old and new), lol.

OMFG YES <3

Flower

@Amanda I'm not sure if you're done with your sheet yet but if possible, I would give them noble blood. Maybe a third or fourth son of some house. It will make your life easier in terms of connections, which makes the game a more enjoyable experience.

Rel Mayer

Leaving this here as I wait for approval
Taria Baelish Corbray

Character:  Taria Corbray

Alias:  Taria Baelish

Position:  Wife of Mordred Corbray

Allegiance: House Aryn

Appearance:

Taria has kind eyes and a soft smile that complements her soft lips. Her hair is a dark brown that mirrors most of the people in her family, with the same fair skin. She looks well groomed with combed hair and pretty clean skin. Always dressed in some nice clothing purchased with the money from her house, and she's not afraid to flaunt it. She's average for height, but still shorter than her husband. She has an hourglass figure, but her dresses tend to make her look more modest than she actually is. She also likes to wear jewelry to flaunt her wealth.

Her husband is known for abuse, but her modest clothing hides the cuts and bruises. Since the marriage is still new, there are no scars -- just fresh wounds on her soul. She also tends to have a troubled look in her eyes whenever she is around her husband too long, or he had too much to drink before. However, there is a perseverance there that keeps her chin high to carry on.

Face Claim:  Sarah Bolger

Personality: 

Despite her circumstances being married to man that she absolutely does not care for--she has a spirit that can't be broken. Even with the abuse from her arranged husband, she suffers in silence, by herself. She doesn't want people to think that she's weak or unable to carry on what her family worked so hard for her to do. She can have a vile tongue that goes off when she's pushed too far, and usually she has to deal with the repercussions with it. She wants so badly to establish a heir with Mordred, which is why she keeps dealing with his ridiculous actions.

However, she's known to cope with these things by being manipulative. When the moment calls she can be charming and intellectual to get what she wants. Still, she's not prone to falling in over her head on situations, but she will always find a way to crawl out of whatever hold she dug herself. She's so loyal and determined to make something of the Baelish's that she'd even sacrifice her own life if she knew her heir would be safe. However, a lot still needs to happen before she can find herself in those comforts.

Sadly, for her case, she's also a romantic and a woman with her own wants and needs. Her husband, arranged by marriage, will not satisfy the needs of love and compassion with her. Everything comes with pain and rejection. He also won't give her an heir, which frustrates her to no end.

Motivations: 

Taria's main motivation is to bring noble prosperity to the Baelish name and make something of herself. To do this, she needs to complete the following things:

- Establish a heir with Mordred Corbray (which also means surviving him)
- Establish the Baelish name by investing in owning brothels and other means of business to continue gaining wealth for her family. To do this, she also needs to politically use her status to her family's advantage, and also get another Baelish member to come to the area.
- Avoid causing too much confrontation with the Corbrays, as possible. This way she can manipulate her own motivations forward.

History:

The days of Petyr Baelish are far gone, and even in her house his name is not widely known by everyone. The Baelish house lowered to a merchant house in Gulltown. No nobility or fame, however wealth from their business ventures that had been handed down for many years. The house was sitting on a wealth of gold, but nothing to show for it. It was with this mindset that her parents started raising her as a small child. The goal was to expand their house over to nobility by pursuing a better house with a nice dowry.

The Baelish are known for being people of business. Known for managing brothels and other side businesses. The plan is to continue to grow this, with the help of Taria. Every skill to help her along the way was trained since childhood. So that when she finally became of age, she would marry someone of noble house. Shocking enough, it took a few years for this to happen. No one seemed interested in associating themselves to such a lower house, until the Corbray's finally answered.

It was agreed that Mordred Corbray marry Taria Baelish for her large dowry and to possibly put some restraint on Mordred's life. They married in the month that his sister Mildred was away, and Taria looks forward to finally meeting her. Hoping that she is nothing like her brother. However, ever since she's came to the Corbray manse she feels like this is a battle that is not going in her favor. Her goals seem impossible to upkeep, and she's finding herself involved in a very curious family.

Sexual Identity:  Bisexual

Rumors and Gossip:

Rumor is that Mordred and Taria absolutely despise each other, even if they keep pleasantries in public.
(Looking for a player to plot this) Another rumor is that Taria is planning on bringing family members on having other Baelish family members come live near her, to help start business brothels near where she lives.
Rumor is that Mildred and Taria are also not very fond of each other.
(Looking for a player to plot this)Rumor that there may be a possible scandal where Taria is laying with another man/woman.

Strengths and Key Skills: 

Manipulative - While she may not know how to manipulate her husband well enough, she is still good at stirring the pot around her to get what she wants. She's not afraid of gossip, and isn't afraid to express what is on her mind if it gets her the outcome she wants.
Wealth - The only thing the Baelish family has is wealth and the Corbrays are open to this.
Strong Spirit - Her will is not hard to break, and she will endue a lot to get what she wants.

Flaws and Weaknesses: 

Greed - She was born with money, loves money, and wants everything. She is of the opinion that everything can be bought with a price, and is learning that it is not that way.
Stubborn - When she makes up her mind that she want something, she refuses to let it go. Holds grudges because of this, as well.
No Name - Her house has little nobility associated with it. She has very little power.
Dogs - Allergic to dogs

Character Likes and On's:  Likes
Character Dislikes and Off's: Dislikes

Connections: 

Mordred Corbray - Husband -- Arranged Marraige
Mildred Corbray - Sister by Law

Special Notes:  I'd really am open to building her out and establishing more connections with this character for potential scenes. Please PM me and I'm very open to ideas!

Additional Pictures:  Optional.  A place where you can place additional pictures of your character.  Please spoiler any NSFW images.

Open to modifications, connections, and what have you. Subject to change depending on what's going on with the story.

Flower

Hey wonderbunnies! We're still here and recruiting.

We're a laid back group with wonderful writers and plenty of opportunity. Don't be afraid! Handy dandy list of roles available here.

Quote from: Flower on December 30, 2018, 10:12:10 AM
Edit added Vale army lieutenant stationed in riverlands

- More Ironborne nobles 

WaitingCynicism

If anyone needs a squire, please let me know, I'd be glad to make one!

Flower

I'm not sure about a squire but there are some open roles in the post above yours.

RobHumph

Yeah if you have any ideas for the list above that would be grand! But if not, we're always on the lookout for more nobles.

Lovely Complex

I'd honestly be interested in trying this out. Is the list above updated, by chance?
💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

RobHumph

Awesome that you're interested!

As it stands the list is now as follows

- More Ironborne nobles 

We're also on the look out for high lords in general. Crakehalls, Rikkers, Bywaters, Swanns etc etc. We're happy to help with any ideas you might have!

Lovely Complex

RobHumph

Lovely Complex

Quote from: RobHumph on January 22, 2019, 02:35:13 AM
We have a maximum of three main PCs for player, so yes!
Cool deal! Let me formulate them and see what I can come up with. :D

SaintSicaire

More Ironborn you say...?^^

I'd be interested....Is there mayhaps any room for an Ironborn Lady, that spent the last two or three years, doing fun things in exotic places and just recently returned to a Westeros (again) gone mad?^^

Or alternatively: Since I guess the Boltons aren't a thing anymore: What happened to their creepy castle? Is there another young house occupying the "creepy-untrustworthy-northmen"-position?^^

Argh....too many ideas^^
"Nideriu minne heizet diu sô swachet
    daz der lîp nâch kranker liebe ringet"

~Walther von der Vogelweide, german minstrel (1220)

Request-Thread
Ons//Offs

RobHumph

There is definitely room for either choice! Though it'd be a good idea to check with the player in control of the region with your idea (What Lies Bove for the Iron Islands and CyrodilicBrandy for the North). And I would be more than happy to hear ideas for who or what may have moved into the Dreadfort after the Bolton's were wiped out.

SaintSicaire

That's great to hear! I think I'll fiddle around with the character-ideas floating around my head right now....
I'm almost thinking, the post-Bolton Dreadfort think could be more interesting...

Request-Thread
Ons//Offs

RobHumph

Actually I've been a bit of an idiot and forgot that the Bolton's were Flowers. It's up to her what happens to them, so if you have any questions please relay them to her.

Really sorry about any confusion caused, this is 100% my fault.

SaintSicaire

Request-Thread
Ons//Offs

Lovely Complex

I will make the potential husband for the Queen of Westeros if it's okay with whoever is writing for that character.

RobHumph

That would be me, your wonderful GM.

For full disclosure so that you're aware, it would not really be a romance, and more of a political thing. I know that isn't everyone's cup of tea. Also might not be the most interesting of roles.

But beyond me listing reasons not to do it. Awesome that you're interested! Will probably involve a lot of diplomatic type scenes.

Lovely Complex

Quote from: RobHumph on January 22, 2019, 05:02:14 PM
That would be me, your wonderful GM.

For full disclosure so that you're aware, it would not really be a romance, and more of a political thing. I know that isn't everyone's cup of tea. Also might not be the most interesting of roles.

But beyond me listing reasons not to do it. Awesome that you're interested! Will probably involve a lot of diplomatic type scenes.
Is anything romantic in Game of Thrones though? lol

I am still interested in writing for that character though, so no worries. :)

RobHumph

Lovely Complex

Quote from: RobHumph on January 22, 2019, 05:07:53 PM
Awesome!

Looking forward to seeing your ideas!
I'll honestly be sending you a PM here shortly. Be on the lookout. :)

RobHumph

Heartsink

Quote from: RobHumph on January 21, 2019, 05:45:21 AM

- More Ironborne nobles 

Would a Trant still be good enough?

RobHumph

Hullo Heartsink! Awesome to see you're interested.

I think a Trant would be more than enough. Make sure to ping me with any ideas you had for it all though, as we'll need to sort all of that out. Quite a big step up which needs a fair amount of explaining. Though beyond that I'll think he'll make a very interesting Lord Paramount, so long as he at least shows his "loyalty" to Rhaela :)

Heartsink

RobHumph

General announcement to all folks interested. We now have the Lord Paramount of the Stormlands filled!

RobHumph

Just a little bump here.

We're still looking for new players and have plenty of openings! Be it small council members or high lords in the various regions!

Daena

Currently Not Seeking New Rp Partners.

Luciferia

Quote from: Daena on February 19, 2019, 10:01:16 AM
Are you still seeking new players or have any openings?

Absolutely! I am unclear what all we need currently, but there are openings, and we are always accepting interested writers. :)

RobHumph

Awesome  that you're interested!

In general we're looking for more High Lords to dot the world with, by that I mean houses below the ones like Stark, Arryn and Lannister etc. Also wouldn't hurt if we had some members of the Small Council to play with.