Star Wars: Sirens of the Old World (F/F Jedi Purge Small Group) [closed]

Started by Karma, August 14, 2018, 10:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLANET TAIZULH, WILD SPACE

Out beyond the bounds of civilization, where no faction holds sway and few ever travel, the lush world of Taizulh lay unspoiled by the machinations of industry and war. None of the galaxy’s many civil wars have scarred this place, and few know of its existence. Out in unmapped Wild Space, only the most adventurous could ever find it, and even fewer know its name. Of these few, mere dozens have set foot upon it. A cursory orbital scan shows no materials of interest whatsoever within its depths. While endlessly pleasant and full of vibrant life, the galaxy abounds with thousands of such planets, leaving Taizulh unremarkable as well as nigh-undiscoverable.

It was this incredible combination of traits that drew Ahsoka Tano to make a new home there for what few Jedi refugees she could manage to recover. Though she had abandoned the Jedi Order in its last days, its corrupted obsession with the light could not be laid at the feet of its students, only its masters. Desperate to know that she was not alone in a broken galaxy, she went about hunting down and rescuing what few remained. Her former friend Barriss Offee, traitor to the Jedi Order, was her first success. The two of them led a meager existence on Taizulh as Ahsoka, and occasionally Barriss with her, ventured out into the galaxy to seek what they may find.

In the years following, they had success, marginal though it was. Months would pass without even a slight lead, and many of those leads took them to literal dead ends. But now and then the Force would guide them to a soul, lost like themselves, and soon a small compound had arisen on Taizulh, dubbed by its residents as The Refuge. All they had was each other. As Barriss once described it, they were “alone together” out there at the edge.

But all was not well for them. The Emperor and his attack dog Vader had hunted down and killed every Jedi they could find. In its day, the Jedi Order had been the premiere record of events in the galaxy, and it was this very record that worked against Jedi survivors. Every Jedi and Padawan to have ever entered the temple had a file, and the Empire had a reasonable expectation of who had not yet been eliminated. Barriss was presumed dead, but Ahsoka was known to be alive, along with several of those she had saved. They were all marked, living on borrowed time, and eventually they would be found.

Hi y'all, I'm looking to do a small group, no more than six players. Set five or so years after the conclusion of the Clone Wars, Ahsoka Tano (played by me) has managed to set up a refuge for surviving padawans in the wilderness of a sparsely populated planet. Ahsoka has personally found and brought back those she could to this safe place, where she trains them as best she can in both the ways of the Force and how to hide from their enemies. 2-3 other players will join Ahsoka here. You are welcome to create OC if you like, though one player, if familiar with the events of Clone Wars the show, can play Barriss Offee. If you're interested in the Barriss role let me know and I'll lay out what I was imagining. As for the other 1-2 players, you will play dark acolytes who have been tasked by Palpatine, somewhat dismissively, to find rogue Jedi and bring him their heads. OC are, again, welcome.

This is a somewhat spur of the moment thing for me so I don't have a fully developed plan, and am open to suggestions. Aside from Barriss and Ahsoka, if the game lasts long enough I expect other canon characters to appear, but that's it for now. Thanks for reading. :)

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Annisthyrienne

I'd be interested too.  I'd prefer to play a Padawan, possibly Barriss, depending on whether she will be redeemed to the light side or stay dark.  I'm leaning towards an OC though.

Valyndriel

Star Wars: Yes
F/F: VERY YES

Count me in!

My favorite part of Star Wars is the emotional temptation aspect of the different sides of the Force. I could definitely see myself playing a darksider who gets redeemed...

She blames the Force for the galaxy's cycle of violence, because she thinks the Force triggers these crises when it wants to impose 'balance,' which leads to endless strife and conflict. Certainly the Jedi never cared about justice, or they wouldn't have supported a Republic that let people wallow and die in poverty while the Core Worlds grew fat. She wanted enough power to tame the Force itself, and the dark side promised that, but of course she isn't anywhere near that kind of power, if it's even possible. But that's her main hook for devotion to the dark side and trying to corrupt others: together we'll be strong enough to fix _everything_. Fix the empire, fix the cycle of violence. The Force doesn't care about justice or peace or suffering, but we do and by controlling the Force we can fix everything.

Control is a big theme for her, but like most darksiders she can't even control herself. Domme her to the light side, won't you?

Welcome everyone!

TLO: Fancy meeting you here. ;)

Annis: My vision for Barriss is that she was locked up in a supermax in some far flung prison planet. In the last days of the war it was subject to a last ditch attack by the CIS to recover some vital personnel, and the place was ravaged. Barriss was left, locked in her cage, starving and too weak to get out. Ahsoka tracks her down and breaks her out just before it's too late and nurses her back to health. Barriss, with her convictions about the Jedi now irrelevant due to them all being dead, loses touch with the dark flame that urged her to terrorism. Ahsoka can't trust her, at least not yet, but Barriss wants to atone, and most importantly wants Ahsoka to love her again.

Up to you if you're interested in pursuing that!

Aprrrl: That looks like a solid concept to me! Welcome!

We have enough now to start, I would say, so when I'm able (may or may not be today) I'll whip up a more detailed premise and get character sheets prepared. I'm so happy y'all are interested, I've been trying to get an Ahsoka game off the ground for years!

TheLaughingOne

woooo!

I have No idea what i want to play... Torn between bubbly zeltron who... admitedly has little actualy going in my head... And maybe cyborg. Survived the purge after getting hit by going into death trance, found by someone (ahsoka, or for a nice subversion, CIS who werent just bad guys)... Or maybe a combination of the two ideas together... Hhhmmm......
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

So perhaps she was attacked, fell into a river or was in a ship that appeared destroyed and drifted. Maybe some adventurous soul patched her up with battle droid parts? They're all over the place after all.

So I have some ideas about where the plot can go, do y'all have any ideas or preferences in the meantime?

TheLaughingOne

haha, maybe she has a left over grievous arm welded on til she can get a proper one..

<Zelna> "SERIOUSLY!?!? Can we get me a real arm! This stupid thing keeps splitting into two arms and spinning around like a fan!! It keeps grabbing other peoples lightsabers even when i dont want it to!!!"
My Ons and Offs!

Annisthyrienne

Karma, that sounds good to me.  I've been re-watching Clone Wars series recently because of another Star Wars story I just started, so I'll pay especially attention to the ones with Bariss in them and also research her race a little online.  Would we be starting before or after she's been busted out of prison?  I'm okay with either option.  If it means coming in a little ways after the start of the story, that's okay by me; just gives me more time for research.  ;)

I was thinking that we'd start after Ahsoka had collected a couple more stray padawans/force sensitives. They would have spent some time just the two of them, but it would be terse from Ahsoka's side given the betrayal. She wants to believe in Barriss, so badly. It'll just take time.

So, all the players will be relevant right from the start. :)

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

Name: Ahsoka Tano

Appearance: Red-skinned with white markings typical of her Togruta heritage, the once-slim Ahsoka has found herself with many new curves in her twenties. Her lekku reach her hips. She prefers to wear form-fitting clothing that allows freedom of movement and is colored a red somewhat darker than her natural skin tone.

Background: The highly accomplished padawan of Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka was a Jedi General and all-around heavy hitter for the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars. Her talents outpaced many Knights, despite never officially receiving the rank herself due to her leaving the Order after its botched handling of Barriss Offee’s betrayal. But for all her ability, there was nothing she could do in the face of Palpatine’s grand plan, and she was left out in the cold after Order 66.

Personality: Hopeful and positive even in the worst circumstances, Ahsoka’s outlook is ideal for a Jedi, even if her methods aren’t always quite on the level. She takes strongly after her former master with her blend of impulsiveness and situational cleverness.

Force Focus: Forged in the fire of the Clone Wars, Ahsoka’s Force talents lay primarily in battle. She is a brilliant duelist and general combatant, but her ability in the quieter aspects of the Force are very underdeveloped.

Desires: Ahsoka wants to save anyone and everyone she can, and hopefully, someday, find a way to overthrow the Empire. That dream seems impossibly far away, but she holds fast to it.

Ons: Passion, playfulness, lekku worship

Offs: Cruelty, pain

Other Pics

[float=right][img height=400 padding=8][/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Force Focus:[/b]

[b]Desires:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b]

[b]Offs:[/b]

[spoiler=Other Pics][img height=200][/img][/spoiler]

Annisthyrienne

For those who are interested in creating an avatar of their original characters, I wanted to share something with you in case you want to mess around with it.  You need to have Adobe Flash installed for your browser.  And to save what you create, just use the snipping tool and do a screen capture.

Star Wars Avatar Creator

KirbysFolly

Still space for another padawan? I was thinking somebody good with plants and animals, maybe a healer, who was deeply uncomfortable with the Jedi and the Republic's actions in the war.

She fled their post (and her Master, who she blamed for just going along with everything), and when he went after her, they were caught between a separatist (not the CIS, but local resistance) and the clones' Order 66. The separatists controlled the field for a while, and she was presumed dead long enough to slip away.

I figure from there, she laid low, maybe caught Ahsoka's attention when she had to act to save somebody, and just barely managed to get away from the Empire in the aftermath.

I would be totally up for changing things around if something else would fit better, or other links to characters would fit in.  :-)

Yup! That will leave one more slot, hopefully for a player interested in being another dark sider.

That backstory works for me!

TheLaughingOne

Should get my character done soon, brains just slightly fried but weekend starts in... 12 hours and its 4 days off so yeah! Hopefully that will get the meats going again!!!
My Ons and Offs!

Annisthyrienne

Do you want us to post our character sheets here or is there a different thread for that?

Annisthyrienne

Name: Bariss Offee

Appearance: Bariss is a Mirialan female with black shoulder length hair, startling blue eyes, and yellowish-green complexion with black diamond shaped cluster designs across the bridge of her nose and on her upper cheeks below her eyes.

Background: Bariss used to be able to count Ahsoka Tano as probably her best friend, perhaps more. They met at the second battle of Geonosis, and through their shared experiences during that battle and afterwards, became close.  But later, when Bariss became disillusioned with the Jedi Order and their role in the clone wars, she conspired in a plot to bomb the Jedi Temple, an act for which Ahsoka got blamed.

Whether it was Bariss’ intention to purposely frame Ahsoka, or just let her take the fall to keep her own guilt hidden was not completely clear.  But Anakin Skywalker got to the bottom of the plot and confronted Bariss about it.  The two fought a prolonged lightsaber duel, during which Bariss held her own for a while, but ultimately Skywalker was too strong for her.  He brought her to the trial chambers where she confessed the truth just in time to clear his Padawan.  But the betrayal of her friend caused a rift between them that has not been easy to overcome even after the fall of the Jedi Order.

Personality: Before her disillusionment with the Jedi Council, Bariss had a tendency towards selflessness.  When she was trapped in the tank under all the rubble with Ahsoka on Geonosis, she reflected that if she died, it didn’t matter since she would die knowing they had saved the lives of countless thousands.  Later, when she was infected by a Geonosian mindworm, she managed to get back one moment of clarity when she begged Ahsoka to kill her rather than risk the spread of the mind controlling parasites.
It might be this same sense of selflessness that made her confess her involvement in the bombing of the Jedi Temple rather than deny it to the end.

Force Focus: Bariss is an especially accomplished Force healer in addition to the typical skills associated with a Jedi.  She is an accomplished duelist with a lightsaber, even having given Anakin Skywalker a run for his money as described above.

Desires:While imprisoned, Bariss has had a lot of time to think about what she’d done to the Jedi Temple and to her former friend, Ahsoka. While she doesn’t feel that her conclusions about the Jedi Council and the downfall of the Republic was wrong, she has come to regret her betrayal of a friend that has saved her life more than once. Bariss was especially profoundly moved when, after all she’d done, Ahsoka still came for her and brought her to the secret refuge to help her escape death when Order 66 was executed.  Now it is her most fervent desire to someday win back the trust and forgiveness of her former friend.

Ons: Plucky Togruta Padawans.

Offs: Pomposity, arrogance, unthinking adherence to a code that keeps people blind to all else.

Other Pics

pdragon

I'd be up to play one of the acolytes if you still need the spot filled.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Looks great, Thyri!

Welcome pdragon! Yup, we've still got that one dark sider spot open. That will round out our group. :)