We Could Be Heroes; A Sexy Superhero RP 2nd Arc Recruitment! MALES NEEDED!

Started by Vergil Tanner, May 10, 2017, 09:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

Ok, that makes sense. What about his speed and strength? Does the telekinesis increase the speed of the object, or does it just alter the direction of it? Does the Telekinesis allow it to continue going at its maximum naturally reached speed longer than it should - thereby increasing the distance - or is it still limited by his own throwing ability?
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Sally Aces

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 11, 2017, 12:37:31 AM
Sally Aces:

Eeeeh...since in-game, she literally got her powers yesterday, I would say dial down her initial powers. Say for the first couple of weeks, she's limited to 26mph at a sprint, and then it increases as she practices more, so by the end of a couple of months after The Event, she can sprint at around 45 / 50. After about five months, she's hit her Max Potential of 75mph. :-)

All fine with me :) Thanks for help with scaling my powers to the setting, Vergil

Vergil Tanner

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

moessashi

This seems very interesting.  I've had the idea for a superhero character for a while now.

Sex: Female
Position: Student
Archetype: Outcast  My high school clique was publically referred to as 'The Outcasts'
Power Theme: While Jaquelin has the power to bend light to her will, her talent lies , not in brightening, but in casting shadows.  I understand that there will have to be limitations on her power, like no blocking out the sun or anything of the sort.  I'm thinking that will be able to completely black out a small room and easily bend shadows at night.  The most she could do, in the daytime, would be to slightly enhance a shadow.  She would have a moderate grip on shadows at dawn and dusk.

Vergil Tanner

Ok, well, first thing's first: As an outcast, how do you see her interacting with people? Obviously if she's an outcast and a loner, well...it will be difficult getting connections, no? Would you mind elaborating on that, please? :-)

As for shadow control...ooooh, interesting. What, specifically, would she be able to do with Shadows? JUST lightening or darkening, or would she be able to alter the shapes of shadows, reduce them to nothing, etc etc? Would she be able to manipulate them into tangible objects? Is she able to see through shadows and darkness, or is she as blind as everybody else? What are the specific capabilities of her power? :-)

LtFox

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 11, 2017, 03:45:00 AM

LtFox:

Hmmm....perhaps Max it out at around 1200, but if he pushes, he can maybe manage 1300, in desperate situations. Of course, physical size accounts for something, considering the larger it is, the harder it is to hold onto it and manipulate it with any amount of finesse, no? And what are the drawbacks? Does this power exhaust him more rapidly, or tax his energy in any way?

Those limits sound reasonable.  It's not like he should be able to swing around pickups willy-nilly, but in a crisis he can lift a compact car.  As for drawbacks, rather than exhausting him physically, I'm thinking it's more mentally exhausting, scaling directly to how much of his power he's using, so lifting heavier shit is more exhausting.  By mental exhaustion, I mean specifically something similar to sleep deprivation.  Lift something minor, like 100kg or less, and it's only slightly sleepy in the afternoon.  But push the upper limits, and afterwards he'll feel like he's gone three days without sleep.  Do that too often in a row and he'll just drop unconscious.
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

jeflint

Quote from: LtFox on May 11, 2017, 12:11:07 PM
Those limits sound reasonable.  It's not like he should be able to swing around pickups willy-nilly, but in a crisis he can lift a compact car.  As for drawbacks, rather than exhausting him physically, I'm thinking it's more mentally exhausting, scaling directly to how much of his power he's using, so lifting heavier shit is more exhausting.  By mental exhaustion, I mean specifically something similar to sleep deprivation.  Lift something minor, like 100kg or less, and it's only slightly sleepy in the afternoon.  But push the upper limits, and afterwards he'll feel like he's gone three days without sleep.  Do that too often in a row and he'll just drop unconscious.

Would/could this lead to severe headaches or the like? like he picks up a 30lbs, my lbs to kg is terrible, would that just cause a headache?

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

LtFox

I would say no, since 30 lbs is less than 15 kilos, which most anyone can easily pick up by hand.  Mental fatigue would only really start to set in once past something like 100 kg or so.  And I envisioned it more like being really tired rather than outright headaches, although something like that can come up if you're awake for more than two days in a row, which Vincent would be feeling if he pushed his upper limits.
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

jeflint

Ok, was just seeing if he had like "minor fatigue" like that dull headache you have from learning all day. 😊

I can't speak for the boss but if you're good with his suggestion you're probably good.

Do you have any questions about the non power stuff?

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Vergil Tanner

Mmmk, so that's his Max Potential. Where do you imagine he starts off? Probably something more like 100 or 200 Kg, and it grows from there?

PentheWonderful

Whoa now Vergil, 200 kg is a LOT of mass to handle. If we're talking weight, that's about 1000 N more than 100 kg, so... I'd say 150 for the starting upper limit until he gains more control over his powers.
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

Vergil Tanner

That's why I said 100 - 200. I was estimating somewhere in the middle :P But yes, I agree, 150-ish as a starting maximum. :P

keyotess

Nikki Towers,
Age 21
height: 5'7"
weight: 150 lbs
body: athletic build
eye color: TBD
Hair color: TBD

TA for History at Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson High School.  She is in her first year of TA’ing as she is working towards earning her teacher’s certificate and degree from the College in town.  She actually went to Major Malcolm HS when she is growing up and is now returning as a TA, slightly unusual for a student TA to go to the HS they went to, but that is how things worked this way.   She was raised by her maternal Grandmother, Billie Davis, after Nikki’s parents died in a car crash.
Nikki’s family was close to Nora’s family, and Nikki went to school with Nora’s oldest brother.  The two families helped each other with their respective tragedies. 
One of the things that helped Nikki was focusing on her studies and sports, she was involved in softball, soccer, basketball and when she wasn’t playing a sport, she was taking gymnastics.

Duplication:  Nikki can make clones of herself that last for a limited time.  She creates clones by creating a Quantum Fluctuation. (FYI: It can be argued that the universe is nothing but a quantum fluctuation) 
How many clones she can have is based on how powerful her mind is, or is it the other way around.  Either way, as she grows in power, she can create and control more clones and her Mind gets more powerful, making mind control more and more difficult.  The more powerful she is, the more clones, the longer they last, the farther away they can get from her, and the more changes she can make to them.  Making changes to a clone reduces how long it can be out.

Stages of power development:
Power level 1: 2 clones, 6 hours, out to 5 miles, limited to 1st level changes
Power level 2: 4 clones, 12 hours, out to 10 miles, limited to up to 2nd level changes
Power level 3: 6 clones, 18 hours, out to 20 miles, can make 3rd level changes
Power level 4: 9 clones, 24 hours, out to 40 miles

Changing a clone comes in 3 levels:
1st level: cost 1 rank: cosmetic changes: hair color and length, eye color, skin color, etc
2nd level: cost 2 ranks: changes to structure: taller or shorter, bigger breasts, big dick, etc. Can only add about 10 lbs of weight, one foot taller or shorter
3rd level: cost 3 ranks: change to natural abilities: 2x strength, 2x endurance, 150% increase in speed, etc.

Each change adds a rank and reduces the amount of time a clone can be out.  Ex: skin color (1), hair color (1), taller (2), 2x strength (3) = 7 ranks
1 Rank: 85% , 2 Ranks: 70%, 3 ranks: 55%, 4 ranks: 40%, 5 ranks: 25%, 6 ranks: 15%, 7 ranks: 8%, 8 ranks: 2%, 9 ranks: 1%, 10 ranks: .3%

This will get roughly the same numbers you suggested, but will be easier to apply to each power level.

What do you think Vergil?
Oh and a possible 4th level change: she can duplicate another person and can make the same changes, but their real body falls unconscious while they inhabit the clone, their brains are not adapted to running multiple bodies. :)   This can be very powerful, it wouldn't be able to boost others powers though.

On & Offs link in signature now. :)
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Vergil Tanner

The only thing I can say on that is that she can't give her other clones Powers; that is, you mention 2x Strength? That would give her Super Strength as well, which...well, that's its own power. So I would say, stick with cosmetic stuff.

Also! If she creates a clone, can she absorb it back into her original body before the time limit is up, or does it HAVE to stick around until it expires?
And if she can absorb it back into her original body, what does that do? If the clone was perfectly healthy and she was ill or injured, would it heal her a little? If the Clone was changed cosmetically, could she - at the height of her powers - choose to take on the changes to appearance that that clone had been given for a set time limit, or do the changes disappear?

keyotess

Vergil:
QuoteThe only thing I can say on that is that she can't give her other clones Powers; that is, you mention 2x Strength? That would give her Super Strength as well, which...well, that's its own power. So I would say, stick with cosmetic stuff.

Okay.  :) I will change 2nd level to added mass: bigger or smaller breasts, growing a big dick.  3rd level is changing bone structure and height. :)

QuoteAlso! If she creates a clone, can she absorb it back into her original body before the time limit is up, or does it HAVE to stick around until it expires?
And if she can absorb it back into her original body, what does that do? If the clone was perfectly healthy and she was ill or injured, would it heal her a little? If the Clone was changed cosmetically, could she - at the height of her powers - choose to take on the changes to appearance that that clone had been given for a set time limit, or do the changes disappear?

I am thinking that the clones are out for the full time, even if the clone dies.  This determines how long before a clone can come back, if a clone can be out for 6 hours and killed in the first hour, then it will be another 5 hours before she can bring it out, if it was killed in the 5th hour, then she bring it back out in 1 hour.

Reabsorbing: I am thinking not.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: keyotess on May 12, 2017, 12:43:13 AM
Vergil:
Okay.  :) I will change 2nd level to added mass: bigger or smaller breasts, growing a big dick.  3rd level is changing bone structure and height. :)

Sounds good!

Quote from: keyotess on May 12, 2017, 12:43:13 AMI am thinking that the clones are out for the full time, even if the clone dies.  This determines how long before a clone can come back, if a clone can be out for 6 hours and killed in the first hour, then it will be another 5 hours before she can bring it out, if it was killed in the 5th hour, then she bring it back out in 1 hour.

Hmm...but that means that, as she gets stronger, she has to go longer between Cloning herself, if she uses all her Clones. Is that intentional?

Quote from: keyotess on May 12, 2017, 12:43:13 AMReabsorbing: I am thinking not.

Fair enough! Sidesteps that issue rather neatly :P

keyotess

Vergil:
QuoteHmm...but that means that, as she gets stronger, she has to go longer between Cloning herself, if she uses all her Clones. Is that intentional?

Hmm...not intentional, but maybe overconfidence. I am thinking that my clones are not going to go down! ;)  Maybe a set time after, like 1 hour?  Is that too powerful?

Vergil Tanner

How about...at the start, if she loses a clone, she has to wait for the rest of their Time. As she gets more powerful, the time she has to wait gets less and less, BUT it's always at least an hour?

keyotess

Vergil:
QuoteHow about...at the start, if she loses a clone, she has to wait for the rest of their Time. As she gets more powerful, the time she has to wait gets less and less, BUT it's always at least an hour?

Recharge a killed clone: Power level 1: full time left.  Power level 2: 50% of time left, Power level 3: 25% of time left, Power level 4: 10% of time left.  No matter what it takes at least an hour.

Vergil Tanner

That sounds perfectly reasonable! Can she dismiss a clone before the time is up, then, or does she have to wait for them to be "exterminated" in some other way, or run their time out? Just asking again, since a few things have changed since I last asked. I'm just thinking that if she uses up all of her allotment a day, and she can't dismiss them, then she's kinda screwed for the rest of the day...especially in the early game. :P

Also, per Pen's question, don't worry about writing up a full history - that will come later - just answer informally for now :-)

keyotess

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 12, 2017, 01:52:25 AM
That sounds perfectly reasonable! Can she dismiss a clone before the time is up, then, or does she have to wait for them to be "exterminated" in some other way, or run their time out? Just asking again, since a few things have changed since I last asked. I'm just thinking that if she uses up all of her allotment a day, and she can't dismiss them, then she's kinda screwed for the rest of the day...especially in the early game. :P

Also, per Pen's question, don't worry about writing up a full history - that will come later - just answer informally for now :-)

Very true, and considering that, she can always end the time early and when she brings a clone out again, it has the full allotment of time. :)  She can only have a certain number of clones out at a time, but she can summon a clone as many times as she wants.

Vergil Tanner

If she dismisses the clone, does she have to wait a certain amount of time? Maybe she has a cooldown period, but it's shorter than if she had run out the clock or the clone got itself killed?

keyotess

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 12, 2017, 02:50:27 AM
If she dismisses the clone, does she have to wait a certain amount of time? Maybe she has a cooldown period, but it's shorter than if she had run out the clock or the clone got itself killed?

I am all for no wait period!  ;)  But how about a 10 minute cool down period? :)  That essentially takes it out of emergency use. :)

Vergil Tanner

Ummm....how about half an hour? POSSIBLY reducing to ten minutes once she's gotten more powerful?

That way she isn't USELESS, but she has another way to grow :-)

LtFox

Okay, so Vincent starts off with a 150 kg weight limit, and pushes upwards from there.  Sounds good.

To begin with, he'll probably get mental exhaustion by pushing his current limits, so he'll knock himself out if he does it several times in quick succession.
O/O

In Sword, Truth.