Game of Thrones: Ascension - Freeform, Sandbox GoT Group - Open to All

Started by GnothiSeauton, May 21, 2017, 12:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: ererruz on June 07, 2017, 03:40:52 PM
Who should I contact if I'm interested in a character belonging to House Velaryon? :)

Me, haha.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

ererruz

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on June 07, 2017, 03:44:20 PM
Me, haha.

Ah, thought it was a PC-controlled House. Anyway, great :) I'm still thinking about a concept, but quite possibly a younger brother of the current Lady as far as family ties go.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: ererruz on June 07, 2017, 03:45:50 PM
Ah, thought it was a PC-controlled House. Anyway, great :) I'm still thinking about a concept, but quite possibly a younger brother of the current Lady as far as family ties go.

It is.  She's one of my personal characters, as opposed to a GM character.

Send me a PM with some of your thoughts and ideas.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

ererruz

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on June 07, 2017, 03:48:38 PM
It is.  She's one of my personal characters, as opposed to a GM character.

Send me a PM with some of your thoughts and ideas.

Great. Expect a PM in a day or two!

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: ererruz on June 07, 2017, 03:54:56 PM
Great. Expect a PM in a day or two!

Sound fine to me, but before you really get into your character sheet, just hit me up to discuss the idea, since I hadn't really planned on her having siblings or family.

Seeking New Stories

firepyre

How much knowledge of GOT do we need to play? I'm yet to watch anything after season three, but not worried about spoilers or the like. I get the gist, just not great on some of the specifics.

I was leaning towards something roguish, "king of thieves" maybe, and sneaking into some (un)lucky noble lady's bedchambers... but the underworld groups seem pretty well accounted for. Are there any roles that people want/need filled?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: firepyre on June 07, 2017, 07:37:47 PM
How much knowledge of GOT do we need to play? I'm yet to watch anything after season three, but not worried about spoilers or the like. I get the gist, just not great on some of the specifics.

I was leaning towards something roguish, "king of thieves" maybe, and sneaking into some (un)lucky noble lady's bedchambers... but the underworld groups seem pretty well accounted for. Are there any roles that people want/need filled?

Hey, Fyrepyre :)

You don't really need to have watched or read every season or book.  As long as you have a rough idea of the main characters of the show, and seems like you do from three seasons, you should be fine.  This post here gives a bit of background of what's going on since the last season, and should help fill in the blanks.  Everyone here is happy to help with that as well.

There is also a Character Notebook involved in the group, where people can post for their characters and sort of list the ideas that they want with their characters, other characters that they might need for their characters, etc.

Seeking New Stories

Lockepick

Quote from: firepyre on June 07, 2017, 07:37:47 PM

As the person playing Sudario Lannister, and secretly running an Organized Crime group (the Smith's Hammers) -- I'm down for creating connections there, whether they're working together or if it's antagonistic. I also don't claim that the Smith's Hammers is all crime in King's Landing.

I think Sudario is the only actual criminal right now, and he's in hiding. There's only a single 'commoner' character that isn't directly in service to a specific Noble character either.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Aiden

A commoner of no name would be hard to fit in I feel, unless they are close to their leige lord as a steward or a knight in their service.

But with that said, no one wants to join a game and be ye old chamber pot cleaner.

There are a ton of houses and lots of lords IC who need bannermen or nobles to fill their ranks.

firepyre

Thanks for the input, but I've tossed a few ideas around, and frankly, none of them are even close to the quality of characters currently in the game. Maybe I'll think of something eventually, but for now I'm just going to sit on it.

That said, you may be onto something... Ser Garderobe flows suprisingly well off the tounge.

Aiden

I could use some heads of houses for the Stormlands loyal to their heir apprent, or even support from other houses outside of the Stormlands when he makes his intention clear to sit on the Iron Throne  >:)

The Lovely Tsaritsa

If salt wife character is taken, I thought instead maybe playing a Lannister royal bastard, who is courtesan and spy.  character

Kokaine

I'd be up for any sort of characters connected to House Arryn. Malyna will need erm... help soon enough xD
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Aiden

Bumping this, GoT returns next week...so I am betting we will have an influx of games opening on E. Why not jump into this one with a bunch of awesome writers.

GnothiSeauton

More than happy to help anyone who is interested by helping them to get started and acclimated to the group and what's been going on.

And since Bibliophilia has departed, I'm willing to hear out character ideas for the Master/Madam of Whispers.

Seeking New Stories

Aiden

gives this thread a bump....as GOT muses might be waking up in the next few days.

Vlexia

I am always interested in a GoT RP.

I get wary of trying to join a group game that's already active though because people are usually already settled into their roles.

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

TheBlackThrone

I don't think you have much to fear. This is the sort of game where you joining adds to the story and fills roles that might not have ever been filled. There's nothing established that you just can't slide into. A lot of the events are open events and everyone is always open for plotting, including myself.  :-)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Aiden on July 16, 2017, 10:37:50 PM
gives this thread a bump....as GOT muses might be waking up in the next few days.

I was thinking the same thing with the new episode last night.  Beat me to it.

Quote from: Vlexia on July 17, 2017, 08:53:44 AM
I am always interested in a GoT RP.

I get wary of trying to join a group game that's already active though because people are usually already settled into their roles.

I totally know how you feel <3  I am the same way with groups.

But...  With it being a medieval style setting, with no technology and all that, and news/rumors/gossip being passed by word of mouth and raven, it shouldn't be too hard to get involved and get going.  Most of what's been going on has been private and side conversations and whatnot, with only a few GM/World stuff being posted.

I'm more than happy to help get you going and get you acclimated to the group and what's going on.

Seeking New Stories

Vlexia

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on July 17, 2017, 12:02:37 PM

I totally know how you feel <3  I am the same way with groups.

But...  With it being a medieval style setting, with no technology and all that, and news/rumors/gossip being passed by word of mouth and raven, it shouldn't be too hard to get involved and get going.  Most of what's been going on has been private and side conversations and whatnot, with only a few GM/World stuff being posted.

I'm more than happy to help get you going and get you acclimated to the group and what's going on.

Yeah. I would love that, as well as heads up for roles that are needed: i.e. A bastard child returning home to claim what is she believes is hers, a new wife to an existing character, a promotion as a court official, I have about 47 ideas in my head right now so any type of narrowing down would be amazing.

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on July 17, 2017, 09:42:29 AM
I don't think you have much to fear. This is the sort of game where you joining adds to the story and fills roles that might not have ever been filled. There's nothing established that you just can't slide into. A lot of the events are open events and everyone is always open for plotting, including myself.  :-)

Hit me up if you have any ideas.

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Vlexia on July 17, 2017, 02:16:38 PM
Yeah. I would love that, as well as heads up for roles that are needed: i.e. A bastard child returning home to claim what is she believes is hers, a new wife to an existing character, a promotion as a court official, I have about 47 ideas in my head right now so any type of narrowing down would be amazing.

Hit me up if you have any ideas.

There's nothing specific that's of need.  It's pretty much whatever you want to do.

There is a character notebook (located here) where writers in the group have posted up info about their characters, what they're looking for with plots and potential characters, etc.

And for everyone who might be reading this..  I am also accepting pitches and ideas regarding a Master/Mistress of Whispers.  Bibliophilia previously had a character in that role, but with her departure from the group, the position has become open.  I would ask that before anyone do a sheet for this position to please PM me to discuss and work out some ideas.  It's an important and integral role in the setting, and one that I would rather not give to just anyone, but rather someone with a solid idea and concept.

Seeking New Stories

Aiden

If anyone wants to make members who are vassals in either the Stormlands or Reach, I am open to plot discussion.

In this version, Highgarden is no more, the Tyrell family a casualty of the events before this game timeline. But House Tarly has taken over the Reach and rules from Horn Hill. Highargen itself is open to any Reach house that has been proven loyal and able to maintain its fertile lands.

The Lord Paramount of the Reach also serves as Hand of the Queen, so having well trusted in allies in those higher positions is vital.

-----

Same thing with the Stormlands, Macgowan- serves as a Lord, his parents have not died yet but is also open to potential plots.

A Painter

Aiden

GnothiSeauton

Sorry for the delay!

Work has been hectic lately and haven't had the energy to come around.

We are indeed still accepting characters.

Seeking New Stories