News:

Main Menu

Do you Squidoo?

Started by Oniya, October 03, 2008, 10:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Okay, I stumbled across this site http://www.squidoo.com/ while on a surfing expedition from the Astrology O/O's thread, and I'm not sure what to make of it.  (Don't ask how I got there, it was several pages down the line. I just remember seeing a link and going 'squid-what?')  It appears to be some kind of 'make a website to make a difference' type of deal - you set up your page ('lens') about whatever you want, and based on ad revenue, you can earn money, either for yourself or a charity.  It's not promising 'get rich quick', which is the major reason I haven't dismissed it completely, but I don't completely trust onsite testimonials, ya know?

I do enough crafty things that I'm tempted to make a go of something - A few digi-pics, some constructive tips, a bunch of links to supply sources, that sort of thing.  I guess if I don't expect much, I won't be disappointed?

Now that I've second-guessed myself, I'll return to the question in the subject:  Does anyone here use this site, and if so, does it work?  Y'all are more 'real' to me than the possible sock-puppets that write the 'How to Make $$$" pages.   ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17