[The Oroh League] A Pokemon Sandbox Adventure

Started by Aethyrium, February 12, 2021, 08:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr L

I lightly toyed with the idea of a Machop for a starter, but the trade evolution made me rethunk things.

My tradition was unwittingly kept this time around. When playing a new mainline game (not counting remakes necessarily), i have always started with the grass type. And I'm choosing a grass type for this game lol.

I know it's for your sake more than ours, but it's neat knowing what all the catch rate entails.

I think the reasoning behind the pokedex question was for the sake of having a fire type pokemon that is listed as having a body temperature of several thousand degrees. I'm guessing we're following the amine logic of "if the pokemon trusts you, it won't burn you on contact?"

Meant to include items in the management question, but it leads to the same thing. Same as Crash. RPing that a character is low on money or items is probably more fun than actually tracking it and seeing that you *are.*
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Crash

To be honest if I need to know what trade evolution does what and all the other nuances of the Pokemon video games, I am not really that interested in playing.  It doesn't seem that that was the original intent of the game but if that is what people would prefer, I will bow out. 

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Envious

In the context of this game, I don't think it matters. I watched the anime when I was a kid and pokemon go and that is the extent of my knowledge.

Mr L

Quote from: Crash on February 17, 2021, 12:25:23 PM
To be honest if I need to know what trade evolution does what and all the other nuances of the Pokemon video games, I am not really that interested in playing.  It doesn't seem that that was the original intent of the game but if that is what people would prefer, I will bow out. 

There's only a small number of pokemon that require trades or other conditions to evolve that isn't just leveling up or using a stone. Trading in the mainline games with another person made those easy, as you can trade them back to the original trainer. Pokemon Go is a step backwards in that regard.

And I'm imagining, due to the sandbox nature of the game, rarer stones (that usually require post game exploration to get) won't be quite as rare.

And there's nothing saying your pokemon have to evolve at the end of the day. That's the beauty of this battle system. For the most part, pokemon are all equal.

Aethyrium

Quote from: Crash on February 17, 2021, 12:25:23 PM
You definitely don't need to know anything about how any mechanics work from the games.

There are trainers, there are Pokemon, there are battles, and there are adventures to be had. If anything else is needed, I will provide it - no work for anyone, you don't need to be familiar with anything beyond "this is a Pokemon world" - which requires a vague understanding of what Pokemon are.

Crash

Quote from: Aethyrium on February 17, 2021, 12:52:11 PM
You definitely don't need to know anything about how any mechanics work from the games.

There are trainers, there are Pokemon, there are battles, and there are adventures to be had. If anything else is needed, I will provide it - no work for anyone, you don't need to be familiar with anything beyond "this is a Pokemon world" - which requires a vague understanding of what Pokemon are.

Sounds good. 

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

MelodyCake

Sorry for taking so long to come back into the thread after stating I was interested, took longer then I thought to come up with a concept to roll with.

But I am happy to see there's been some characters posted whilst I was coming up with mine. Had a lot of fun reading through those before finishing up my character sheet.

But I have finally finished and here is what I got so far.

Character Name: Neron Dovan

Trainer Class: Enthusiast
Gender & Sexuality: Male, Bisexual

Battle Offense
Battle Defense
Capture Rate
Growth
Discovery
Personality: Stupid or overly trusting could be one way to describe Neron's personality. Neron's actually pretty easy to trick and lie to as he tends to believe most things that he is told and takes people for their word pretty easily. Due to his upbringing he does have the tendency to not notice when he isn't respecting peoples personal space and is pretty far from being shy. When he comes face to face with a problem Neron tries to tackle things the only way he knows how and that is going at the problem head on and hope for the best.

Motivation & Goals: Neron's long term goal is to find his father, but he is also hoping to replace all the Pokemon he lost before he finds him. Not being too keen on the idea of telling his dad that he traded them all for a Milcery.

Biography: Most people would have considered the idea of a Team Rocket member becoming a single parent as both dangerous and not right for a child. But that is exactly what Neron's father did as he balanced both single parenting and his Team Rocket work career in the best way he could think of; by moving the two into the country side when Neron was just a boy. To somewhere they could be far away from prying eyes in the city and far away from anyone that could have had an influence his son and tell him what Team Rocket was. Despite what his father did for a living Neron never truly learned what Team Rocket was and what they did.

It wasn't always easy but Neron's father worked hard to balance his work and home life and did his best to home school his son on the things he believed where important. The isolation of living away from it all kept their world small and easy to manage. Just the way his dad liked it and it gradually but firmly established the believe to the child that his dad was the most amazing and cool his dad in the world.

But life is never smooth sailing and comes with its own waves of change when you least expect it. For Neon that happened on the day his father disappeared and was tricked into trading all of the Pokemon his father gave him for a Milcery...

Badge Case

Pokemon

Milk | Level: 5 | Species: Milcery
Ability: Sweet Veil | Moves: Baby-Doll Eyes, Aromatic Mist, Tackle, Sweet Kiss, Sweet Scent
Stats: Attack 10| Special Attack 10| Defense 10| Special Defense 10| Speed 10| Evasion 10

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Envious on February 17, 2021, 12:38:44 PM
I watched the anime when I was a kid and pokemon go and that is the extent of my knowledge.

About the same for me (stopped watching the anime before the movies came out though), although I played Red, Blue, and Yellow on the OG Gameboy. I've played a Smash Brothers iteration that had Pikachu in it if that counts, too, but I'm almost 99% certain I just Falcon PUNCH'd that little yellow mouse.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Mr L

Meanwhile I've played most of the mainline games and have pretty decent knowledge of a lot of pokemon and abilities and such (Up to Gen 7, haven't played Sword and Shield). I'd be happy to help answer any questions folks might have. :D

Aethyrium

-Looks at every Pokemon game ever released, even those not released in America. Looks at shelves of manga. Looks at my complete Living Dex on Pokemon Home. Looks at the collection of series' on the dvd rack- I... Like Pokemon. You know, I guess you could call me a "fan" or whatever.

Mr L

Quote from: Aethyrium on February 17, 2021, 10:40:12 PM
-Looks at every Pokemon game ever released, even those not released in America. Looks at shelves of manga. Looks at my complete Living Dex on Pokemon Home. Looks at the collection of series' on the dvd rack- I... Like Pokemon. You know, I guess you could call me a "fan" or whatever.

If that only makes you a "fan," then I'm a poser lol

Crash

I play Pokémon Go so obviously I know everything there is to know about the Pokemons.  ;D

Envious

MelodyCake

I will admit, my knowladge comes from mainly watching friend play when I was a kid, and then from Playing Pokemon Sword, and a bit of pokemon go, back when I had a decent phone xD
The rest has mainly come from looking things up :P

Quote from: Cold Heritage on February 17, 2021, 11:06:00 PM
This is a completely accurate depiction of my understanding of how Pokemon fights go and completely informs how I intend to play Toddward.

Okey, I had a bit of a chuckle there, hopefully Toddward isn't going to be throwing his Pokemon around too hard xD
Else Abigail might just be in for a full time job following Todward around :P

Mr L

So a two part question: are we going to worry about type match ups? And if so, will there still be immunities, or will they be handled like in PoGo, where they just do abysmal damage?

Aethyrium

Quote from: Mr L on February 18, 2021, 01:37:12 PM
So a two part question: are we going to worry about type match ups? And if so, will there still be immunities, or will they be handled like in PoGo, where they just do abysmal damage?

Yes, type matchups will play a role in things, and yes, immunities will be considered.

Mr L

Okay, so no Mega Punch working on a ghost without setup. Got it

Aethyrium

Consolidating all current character submissions into a single place for ease of access for myself, submittors, and lurkers. I'm going to announce approvals and what not on Monday, 2.22.21 - so those interested have until then to get sheets posted up here for consideration. I have not yet made a decision about the total number of participants I'll be taking, but will have a more clear idea of that once I start threading ideas together from the sheets. Don't delay! But also take your time ;)

Quote from: Envious on February 14, 2021, 10:39:58 AM
Olivia Owens
Character Name: Olivia Owens
Trainer Class: Ranger
Gender & Sexuality: Female & Bisexual

Battle Offense
Battle Defense
Capture Rate
Growth
Discovery

Personality: Olivia is filled with an exuberance for life; there is always a new adventure right around the corner and she is eager to get started! She is positive and uplifting, even when faced against rivals. She has an exceedingly short attention span which means she doesn't always finish her last adventure before starting a new one, but to her the journey is far more fun than getting to the destination. When it comes to a tough situation, you might find her taking pictures instead of taking action.

Motivation & Goals: First and foremost, Olivia is a photographer. She wants to see things that most people never have the opportunity to witness and document it with her trusty camera! Her passion project is Pokémon - she particularly enjoys teaching Pokémon how to grow to the next level and documenting their progress along the way! One of her favorite moments to capture are Pokémon evolving. Olivia embarks on adventures to find "the perfect shot," of Pokémon showing off their skills in the wild, but is often side-tracked by running into a particularly photogenic Trainer or Pokémon who she will tag along with in order to get some candid shots.

Biography: Olivia is the youngest of five children - all of whom are significantly older. She was a sweet surprise, born 20 years after her parents had their last child, so her siblings were all entering adulthood when she came into the picture. Her brothers and sisters all made the holiday visits, bringing back stories of their adventures. Inspired, Olivia began taking photos of her daily life. They weren't the adventures of her siblings, but they were just as magical in her childlike imagination. She would send these pictures out to her siblings in an effort to connect with them and she was always met with praise and encouragement to continue. It became her thing - what set her apart from her brothers and sisters, but also what drew them closer together. As she grew, she continued to develop her craft and win small awards, but she also found what she was passionate about taking pictures of: Pokémon! This is what set her down the path as a Trainer. While she enjoys capturing Pokémon, she's more interested in teaching her Pokémon new tricks and advancing their skills rather than creating a huge collection.

Badge Case

Pokemon

Growly, Growlithe | 5 | Species: Puppy Pokémon
Ability | Moves: Intimidate | Flash Fire | Bite | Howl | Ember | Morning Sun (egg)
Stats: Attack 10 | Special Attack 10 | Defense 10 | Special Defense 10 | Speed 10 | Evasion 10

Quote from: Crash on February 15, 2021, 12:38:27 PM
Mina Atwater

Character Name: Mina Atwater
Trainer Class: Collector
Gender & Sexuality: Cis Female / Pansexual

Battle Offense
Battle Defense
Capture Rate
Growth
Discovery

Personality: Mina is a curious and inquisitive woman.  She is a voracious reader and explorer that doesn’t mind poking her nose in places it doesn’t belong.  Mina is openminded and accepts others as they are as long as they are not toxic. Mina is not a rabid competition hound.  She is way more interesting in accumulating pokemon, particularly ones other trainers shy away from.  While she accepts the need to train as a way from her to find and capture more pokemon, she has a particular distain for those that abuse their pokemon for their own glory.

Motivation & Goals: Mina has a particular interest in ghost and dark type pokemon and feels they generally get a bad rap.  While all pokemon fall into her field of interest she will go out of her way to capture ghost and dark types for her to study and lean from.  Mina wants to write the definitive work on Ghost and Dark type pokemon in hopes that she can shine a better light on what she considers to be misunderstood creatures.

Biography: Mina grew up next to Oroh Memorial Cemetery.  Her parents were in the mortuary business and lived and worked in a big, old house that everyone in town thought was haunted.  In truth, it wasn’t, but the cemetery next door certainly was.  Mina spent her childhood looking out her bedroom window watching the pokemon that frequented the cemetery at night.  Most people were afraid of them but Mina felt sad that they were always being chased out or shooed away as to not bother the living. 
Mina had figured that she would to into the family business when she grew up.  Being around the dead didn’t bother her and it seemed like a logical thing to do.  Her parents were sweet and kindly people that helped others on their worst days and she saw a lot of value in that.  It wasn’t until her parents asked her to catch a little Litwick that had wandered out of the cemetery and begun hanging around the house that Mina really found her passion.

She had intended to release the little guy back into the cemetery but when she did he followed her home.  This happened again and again.  So much so that her parents were starting to get worried that the creature was an omen of impeding death.  It turned out that the Litwick just liked the aura of sadness that accrued around the home/business and more than that seemed to like Mine.  She named the little guy Tallow and he has been her faithful companion ever since.
It was very clear to Mina what path she wanted to take in life after catching Tallow.  While her parents were not happy that she was not going into the family business the saw how invested she was in catching and studying pokemon and bought her her first pokedex and a couple of pokeballs to get her started.

Badge Case

Pokemon

Tallow (Litwick) | Level 5 | Species: Candle Pokemon
Ability | Moves: Flame Body | Admonish (ghost), Ember (fire), Acid Armor (Poison), Minimize (Normal)
Stats: Attack 10 | Special Attack 10 | Defense 10 | Special Defense 10 | Speed 10 | Evasion 10

Quote from: pdragon on February 16, 2021, 02:05:15 PM
Tracy Jones

Character Name: Tracy Jones
Trainer Class: Tactician

Battle Offense
Battle Defense
Capture Rate
Growth
Discovery

Personality: Tracy is a willful and determined young man with a kind nature and strong sense of justice. More than anything he seeks to help and defend others, though his willingness to help out can sometimes lead to him butting in where he isn't needed, or worse plunge head first into a dangerous situation. He grew up reading detective novels and watching crime dramas, which he often attempts to replicate in his own investigations. As such he has a penchant for dramatic flourishes and wild leaps in logic when working on a case, though thanks to his sharp senses and analytical mind his track record is actually pretty good.

Motivation & Goals: Officer in training. Obtain a minimum of 5 badges.

Biography: Tracy was only 7 years old when he had his first criminal encounter. A gang of thugs were attempting to rob a pokemon center his family was visiting, taking everyone inside hostage and demanding they all give over their pokemon. At the time Tracy was too weak and scared to do anything, completely helpless. However it was then that an officer arrived, a woman named Jennifer, and with her pokemon in tow managed to take down the entire gang of robbers single handedly. That incident was what inspired Tracy to become an officer himself. He worked diligently all throughout school in both athletics and academics, and joined the police academy right after graduation. He's currently still in the middle of his training, which is the reason he's traveling the gym circuit. It's important for any officer to have both an intimate knowledge of the region they're patrolling, as well as be a competent enough battler to contend with criminals who use pokemon as weapons. As such having recruits work their way through the gym challenge is a good way to give them hands on experience with both. 

Badge Case

Badge Case

Pokemon

Name: Barrel | Level 5 | Species: Clauncher
Ability: Mega Launcher | Moves: Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Vice Grip, Flail
Stats: Attack: 10 | Special Attack: 10 | Defense: 10 | Special Defense: 10 | Speed: 10 | Evasion: 10

Quote from: Pink Professional on February 16, 2021, 02:20:39 PM
Mikial Bronnwyn

Character Used: Ryouta Kise
Character Name: Mikial Bronnwyn
Trainer Class: Trainer
Gender & Sexuality: Male & Bicurious

Battle Offense
Battle Defense
Capture Rate
Growth
Discovery

Personality: Driven, optimistic, and a little prideful, Mikial is a constantly moving towards his goals. He sees himself as a dependable and reliable sort, much like the type of Pokemon he brings to battle. His most redeeming feature is his work ethic. He doesn't like to be called a genius, or a prodigy, or whatever buzzword people like to throw around at schools or academies. His power, his talent, his potential are all the result of well honed hard work forged in the anvils of practice and repetition. Mikial's worst feature is his tendency to hone in on things. He is the sort of man to see something he wants to do, and rush towards it headlong and headstrong. This has gotten him into trouble before, and likely will again in the future. Thankfully, things always work out. Right?

Motivation & Goals: Mikial has a set goal in mind. He wants to become the best Normal type trainer in the world. At the moment, he's setting the realistic goal of doing as well as he can in the Oroh League, but his aspirations are to become a Gym Leader or; perhaps even a member of the Elite Four? The Sky is the limit, and the only thing stopping him and his team from reaching the top is hard work and grit.

Biography: Born into the reasonably well-off family of a Gym Assistant Mother, and a Pokemon Researcher Father, Mikial was the first and only child of the pair. His parents were loving and supportive, and when they realised his ambition was set early on to follow in the footsteps of his mother they tried their best to set him up for success by enrolling him in a Private academy for Pokemon trainers. Mikial earned his entrance into the venue fair and square through a lot of hard work and practice in terms of acing the exam, and so started his journey towards Trainer-dom.

Mikial's fascination with Normal Type Pokemon came with a visit from a Gym Leader dedicated to the type. He saw something in the Pokemon that other people didn't. Whereas they saw boring, he saw humble. Whereas they saw bland, he saw the beauty of simplicity and minimalism. He saw something in them that he wanted to see in himself one day.  Reliability, and dependability. Surety, and certainty. When he told his classmates about this newfound fascination though, they laughed. When they saw he was serious, things got awkward and the Teacher was involved. The adult told the teenager that there was a certain...ceiling above people who focused on Normal types. They were the sort who never gained a chance to shine. Even the Gym Leaders tended to be early bumps in the road for the average trainer.

This only served to harden Mikial's conviction, and forge his ideal of hardwork and motivation trumping what was conventionally seen as the 'smart' path. He graduated the academy for a few years and existed as a trainer in a lesser region before the invitation to take the Oroh challenge came into his lap.

Badge Case

Pokemon

Broark| Level: 5 | Species: Munchlax
Ability:  Thick Fat| Moves: Lick, Tackle, Recycle, Rest, Curse, Sleep Talk
Stats: Attack - 10 | Special Attack - 10| Defense - 10| Special Defense - 10| Speed  - 10| Evasion - 10

Quote from: Mr L on February 17, 2021, 12:00:19 AM
Abigail Rivers

Character Name: Abigail “Gail” Rivers
Trainer Class: Breeder
Gender & Sexuality: Female and Pansexual

Battle Offense
Battle Defense
Capture Rate
Growth
Discovery

Personality: Sweet, caring, and more than willing to get her hands dirty. Abigail grew up caring for others, regardless of the situation, always looking to see some form of betterment from the one she has her eyes set on. She is a very selfless person and has trouble asking other humans for help, mostly just to not seem like a burden on others, thus she’ll almost always try something herself before even asking her pokemon to help, let alone another human.

Motivation & Goals: Nothing makes Gail feel more alive than seeing others become better, through hard work and dedication (and sometimes a loving kick in the rear!). She wants to travel to make long lasting friendships, to make a team of pokemon that are strong, but kind. While she wants to eventually take on the Elite Four, it’s a far-off future kind of dream. In the meantime, she’s content just building a strong family around her, in her pokemon.

Biography: Her parents worked in physical therapy fields for most of her life, while she often stayed home to help take care of her two brothers and sister. When her siblings were old enough to watch themselves, she would often volunteer to help her parents with some patients. It was here that she discovered her love of helping others through hard times and watching them become better over time.

One day, a boy came in with a pokemon that the nearby center was unable to heal due to a sudden surge of patients. Abigail and her mother took the little Skiddo in and nursed it back to health. The pokemon took a shine to Gail and refused to leave her side. It was discovered that it had no trainer, and so her mom gave her her first pokeball, to make the bond official. The two have been inseparable ever since.

Between watching her siblings, volunteering with her parents, and taking care of a pokemon, Gail started to feel a bit overwhelmed, when her father made a suggestion. To go on a journey. She was old enough, she had a great reliable pokemon partner, and she can share the love in her big heart with others who need it. It took a restless night to decide. She would do it. Maybe she could take on the league afterall?

Badge Case

Pokemon

Name Slick | Level 5| Species: Skiddo
Ability Sap Sipper| Moves: Growth | Tackle | Vine Whip | Tail Whip | Rollout |
Stats: Attack 10| Special Attack 10| Defense 10| Special Defense 10| Speed 10| Evasion 10

Quote from: Cold Heritage on February 17, 2021, 12:47:27 AM
Toddward Jackedsson

Character Name: Toddward Jackedsson
Trainer Class: Champion
Gender & Sexuality: Cismale, Bisexual

Battle Offense
Battle Defense
Capture Rate
Growth
Discovery

Personality: Toddward Jackedsson is a fairly affable and gregarious man of few words. He has a simple mind, with simple needs and simple desires. The school of hard knocks has taught Toddward basically every lesson in life and he only learned three letters: T.K.O. but he more often than not gets by with just K.O. In battle Toddward is a bombastic foe, calling attacks while screaming like a wild animal, as if there were some correlation between how loud he is and how powerful his Pokemon's attacks are. Loyal to a fault, Toddward is always willing to help pump the Pokemon of his friends up.

Motivation & Goals: TO BECOME THE POKEMON SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!

Biography: Hailing from Parts Unknown, Toddward Jackedsson has done some things that he is no longer proud of. His early Pokemon battles were fought as a junior member of the global criminal organization known as Team Rocket. Toddward had the beanie with a red 'R' on it and everything. His Pokemon would mercilessly trample down the Pokemon of other children, and once victorious, he would steal both Pokemon and candy from his crying, defeated opponents, often kicking dirt in their faces as a final humiliation.

But Toddward's reign of terror was curtailed when the tales of infamous villainy reached the ears of the mysterious and unknowable TRAINER X. TRAINER X confronted Toddward and defeated the young man in a brutal, humiliating battle that was decided in a single move. Forced in a single moment to confront every bad thing he had forced his opponents to endure, Toddward's callous young heart was broken and as he shed MANLY TEARS out of shame for his wrong-doing and years of evil TRAINER X set Toddward on the path of righteousness and virtue! It took many years of HOT-BLOODED POKEMON BATTLE, but Toddward was ultimately capable of retrieving all of the Pokemon he had stolen, returning them to their beloved trainers, and replacing every single piece of candy he had ever stolen. He even submitted to letting the trainers he defeated kick dirt in his face to even the score, if they wanted to. Many did. Toddward endured it stoically, his DUE PENANCE.

Now freed from the chains of his past and the burdens of his sins, Toddward has come to Oroh to forge the first link in his glorious new future!

Badge Case
Badge Case

Pokemon

KING COBRA (yes, all upper case) | Level: 5 | Species: Onix
Ability: Sturdy | Moves: Defense Curl, Smackdown, Harden, Bind, Rock Throw, Tackle

Quote from: MelodyCake on February 17, 2021, 04:31:22 PM
Neron Dovan

Character Name: Neron Dovan

Trainer Class: Enthusiast

Battle Offense
Battle Defense
Capture Rate
Growth
Discovery
Personality: Stupid or overly trusting could be one way to describe Neron's personality. Neron's actually pretty easy to trick and lie to as he tends to believe most things that he is told and takes people for their word pretty easily. Due to his upbringing he does have the tendency to not notice when he isn't respecting peoples personal space and is pretty far from being shy. When he comes face to face with a problem Neron tries to tackle things the only way he knows how and that is going at the problem head on and hope for the best.

Motivation & Goals: Neron's long term goal is to find his father, but he is also hoping to replace all the Pokemon he lost before he finds him. Not being too keen on the idea of telling his dad that he traded them all for a Milcery.

Biography: Most people would have considered the idea of a Team Rocket member becoming a single parent as both dangerous and not right for a child. But that is exactly what Neron's father did as he balanced both single parenting and his Team Rocket work career in the best way he could think of; by moving the two into the country side when Neron was just a boy. To somewhere they could be far away from prying eyes in the city and far away from anyone that could have had an influence his son and tell him what Team Rocket was. Despite what his father did for a living Neron never truly learned what Team Rocket was and what they did.

It wasn't always easy but Neron's father worked hard to balance his work and home life and did his best to home school his son on the things he believed where important. The isolation of living away from it all kept their world small and easy to manage. Just the way his dad liked it and it gradually but firmly established the believe to the child that his dad was the most amazing and cool his dad in the world.

But life is never smooth sailing and comes with its own waves of change when you least expect it. For Neon that happened on the day his father disappeared and was tricked into trading all of the Pokemon his father gave him for a Milcery...

Badge Case

Pokemon

Milk | Level: 5 | Species: Milcery
Ability: Sweet Veil | Moves: Baby-Doll Eyes, Aromatic Mist, Tackle, Sweet Kiss, Sweet Scent

Rynn

Quote from: Aethyrium on February 18, 2021, 04:27:18 PM
Don't delay! But also take your time ;)
So are you saying I should put something together for this today, or are you saying that I should leave it to the very last second. jkjk And then get screwed over by a difference in time zones? Yeah that sounds like something that would happen to me.

I'll admit that I've been not-so-quietly lurking around in the shadows since this idea came up, and to be honest with you I'm still a little on the fence on whether I'll ever be able to wrap my head around the more technical aspects of this. But I suppose the learning experience could be fun? I think my biggest obstacle at the moment is deciding whether I should submit a female or male character. I am leaning a bit more towards the later, but for the good of the group (and possibly my chances of being accepted) I guess I could go female too.

I am however very curious as to how many people you will be accepting for this, since you've already got seven applications and I'd hate to make thing more competitive if the window of opportunity is already going to be really small.

Crash

Hi Rynn.  I plan on ignoring all technical aspects of this. ;)

Aethyrium

You should apply because I really enjoyed staring at your avatar for a solid 3 minutes.

The gender balance right now in submissions if 4-3 male-female, so I really don't think it matters much which way you go. Definitely go the route you feel most inspired to play, rather than basing it off of anything for the state of the game.

Honestly, if the technical aspects are what are holding you back, I wouldn't worry about it. You will, pretty much, never have to interact with them. And when you do (dividing Pokemon stats, mostly) it's about how you feel you'd train your Pokemon! Are they strong fighters? Sinking stats into Attack/Special Attack. Good at taking blows and endurance? Defense/Special Defense. Quick and flashy? Speed/Evasion. There really isn't a wrong answer here. It's about personal style and that being reflected somewhere.

In short, pay the numbers no mind. They definitely aren't there to be scary.

As for the total number of players, I don't know. I am... On the fence. My initial thought was 3 - when I was designing the game. But that quickly evolved to 6. I have been playing around with the concept of more, though. I may stick at 6. Depends on how all the characters fit together and what I can come up with. That is to say there is definitely room for more applications, it isn't that competitive for slots at this point.

MelodyCake

I guess to stick to the theme of asking questions, I do have one now :P

When you say you are currently considering of going with 6, is that 6 players including yourself, or without?

Aethyrium

Without. I will be serving exclusively as the game master and facilitating the adventure and NPCs, rather than running a character of my own.