Pokemon: Power Struggle (interest check)

Started by azzmeister89, November 09, 2020, 06:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzmeister89

The world of Pokemon has been in a state of war for the last decade. The various evil teams have been battling for Dominance across the regions.
Finally after ten years of conflict, Team Rocket has proven itself the victor and has a firm foothold in every Region. Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket now has complete control over the region of Kanto.

The champions, Gym leaders and Elite four members have been either defeated or have gone missing. Red, arguably the strongest trainer in the world, was publicly defeated in an ambush by a mysterious opponent and as a result. The world has post hope.

Professor Oak has been searching for strong trainers from around the world to form a team who can take down the various strongholds of team rocket and free the world from Giovanni's tyranny.

Looking for a group of five to ten people to play the trainers from across the regions, various team building conditions will be set out when interest has been garnered.

Mosos

AidenWhite

Looks interesting, I’ll be keeping an eye on the thread.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Laughing Hyena

Avernale

I've had hankering for Pokémon RP lately...

azzmeister89

Oh wow, thanks for the interest everyone. I'll make sure to add the additional information, including character sheet info later on today

azzmeister89

Ok so here a the few ground rules for building your characters teams.

1. No legendary or mythic pokemon (reasons will be made more clear during the Rp)

2. Only use pokemon that originally come from your characters home region (for a Kanto trainer, Gen 1 pokemon only) exceptions to this rule include: pokemon that get pre evolutionary or an evolved form in another gen. (Those pokemon will only be available for the regions involved Eg pikachu is available to both Kanto and Johto players ect) Eevee and its evolutions is available to all players due to its unique ability to evolve.

3.  Whilst a starter pokemon is not a necessary addition to your team, it is definitely desirable.

4. A full team of six is required, you may also have up to ten back up pokemon to change up your parties at various times. Please list the four moves each pokemon use as well.

Ok so now on to the character sheet

Name:
Home region:
Personality:
Background:
Team:
Back ups:

Cartoon images are fine but real images preferable.

Mosos

For the pokemon origin exception, do mega evolutions and/or Gmax evolutions count?

azzmeister89

I'll say yes to both mega and Gmaxing as well as Z moves. As for fully evolved. I dont mind if they are evolved or not. But bare in mind it makes more sense for a team of elites to have a majority of high level pokemon

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

azzmeister89

Name: Nathan Brand
sexuality Heterosexual
Home region: Johto
Personality: cheerful but thoughtful. Strangely insightful
Background: Born and raised in Johto. Nathan spent a few years learning the art of pokeball craft from Kurt. He was about to go obtain is 8th gym badge when Team Rocket finally won the war against the other criminal organisations.

Team:

1. Typhlosion
Flamethrower
Quick attack
Mega punch
Slash

2. Amphrose
Thunderwave
Iron tail
Thundershock
Quick Attack (changes to dragon tail in mega)

3. Noctowl
Confusion
Wing attack
Gust
Hypnosis

4. Mantine
Hydropump
Slam
Twister
Ice beam

5. Donphan
Rollout
Dig
Earthquake
Protect

6. Tyranitar
Crunch
Hyperbeam
Sandstorm
Rock slide

Back ups:

1. Togekiss
Metronome
Charm
Moon beam
Quick attack

2. Heracross
Mega horn
Counter
Ariel ace
Double kick

3. Aipom
Scratch
Shadow ball
Headbut
Dynamic punch

4. Wobbufet
Barrier
Counter
Psychic
Swift

5. Skarmory
Steel wing
Ariel ace
Gust
Peck

azzmeister89

Should also mention. Hm moves wont be necessary. Pokemon with the ability to carry trainers will be able to without the use of fly or surf ect. It's an ability they would naturally have.

Levi

Name: Elizabetta Townsworth
Sexuality Heterosexual
Home region: Sinnoh
Personality: Elizabetta is a bit of an air head, often forgetful and unaware of danger. She tends to walk straight in to things without really realizing what she is doing. Her family were very supprised  when she recieved the invitation form the Proffessor. No one was more supprised then Elizabetta when she accepted.
Background: Born and raised in Sinnoh, Elizabetta is surrounded by a large loving family. She has never really dedicated her time to being a strong trainer however her dream is to collect one of every type of pokemon and while following this dream she has somehow built a strong team in the process.
Team:
1. Froslass
Snow Cloak
Ice Beam
Psychic
Shadow Ball

2. Leafeon
Leaf Blade
Giga Drain
Quick Attack
Swords Dance

3. Togekiss
Air Slash
Quick Attack
Sky Attack
Sweet Kiss

4. Empoleon
Aqua Jet
Hydro Pump
Drill Peck
Mist

5. Luxray
Wild Charge
Swagger
Discharge
Crunch

6. Weavile
Dark Pulse
Night Slash
Screech
Fling

Back ups:
1. Pachirisu
Thunder Wave
Spark
Nuzzle
Swift

2. Chatot
Chatter
Taunt
Echoed Voice
Roost

3. Mismagius
Spite
Psywave
Phantom Force
Power Gem

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Avernale

Can we be from regions in side-games, like Orre, Paseo, or Ferrum?

Xunthrae

Danny Harper
Name: Danny Harper
Sexuality: Gay
Home region: Galar
Personality:  TBD
Background: TBD

Team:
Growlithe
1. Flamethrower
2. Fire Fang
3. Howl
4. Play Rough
Bellossom
1. Solar Beam
2. Sunny Day
3. Sleep Powder
4. Giga Drain
Glaceon
1. Ice Beam
2. Blizzard
3. Work Up
4. Hyperbeam
Haunter
1. Dream Eater
2. Hypnosis
3. Shadowball
4. Confuse Ray
Corviknight
1. Steel Wing
2. Hone Claws
3. Drill Peck
4. Giga Impact
Galar Rapidash
1. Dazzling Gleam
2. Psychic
3. Psycho Cut
4. Heal Pulse

Back ups:
Galvantula
1. ElectroBall
2. Agility
3. Thunder Wave
4.Discharge
Kingler
1. Crab Hammer
2.Swords Dance
3. Guillotine
4.Liquidation
Vibrava
1. Outrage
2. Earthquake
3. Sandstorm
4.Dragon Tail

azzmeister89

Both characters look great,so far, but Danny and Hiro both seem to be using pokemon from other Gens, whilst those pokemon can be found in your regions, the point was to only use pokemon that originate from your region so a trainer from Johto can only use Gen 2 pokemon and one from Galar can only use Gen 8

As for side game regions, I wont be using them, main game content only please

Xunthrae

Oh i misunderstood. I thought it was just ones that can be found there.

Is there a resource you'd recommend to see the specific pokemon that are available for each region?

azzmeister89

There are a number of pokedex apps that  can be found on the stores, I use an android so I cant say for sure what it's like for I phones though

TheHangedOne

Name: Erik Digger
Home region: Alola
Personality: Grim and stoic, Erik likes to keep quiet. He seems to get along well with his Pokemon; moreso than humans. Carries a Banette plushie.
Background: Like most youths, Erik set off on his Pokemon journey when he came of age. And, just like many trainers, he started to have a "type"; Ghost and Dark Pokemon. It started off innocently enough, being lured in by the odd, stuffed-doll like Banette. But he grew to love them, bit by bit. In the course of trying to soothe the Banette's grudge, he became increasingly empathetic towards the terrible pains and tragedies that these type of Pokemon had suffered through; decided to bring light to their lives.

Not one to shy away from the darker aspects of life, he occasionally worked alongside Team Skull, as a pinch hitter or hired help. However, with the arrival of Team Rocket, he separated himself from the group; easily done, since he had never been an official member.  He stood back, and observed the events as they transpired, and continued to train and befriend his Pokemon.

Now, with a criminal organization rising up like some sort of tyrannical dictatorship, he sees that people, like him, can't just stand idly by. The suffering must be ended. To that end, he is willing to try to work alongside other human trainers, as an ally, rather than a competitor. 
Team:
Alolan Marrowak

*Marowak (Alolan)
+Mud Slap
+Fire Spin
+Shadow Bone
+Hex
Mimikyu

*Mimikyu
+Wood Hammer
+Astonish
+Shadow Sneak
+Baby Doll Eyes
Litten

*Litten
+Scratch
+Growl
+Fury Swipes
+Bite
Alolan Persian

*Persian (Alolan)
+Fake Out
+Feign
+Bite
+Nasty Plot
Palossand

*Palossand
+Sand Tomb
+Sand Attack
+Giga Drain
+Shadowball
Decidueye

*Decidueye
+Spirit Shackle
+Leaf Storm
+U-turn
+Peck

Back ups:
None

As for finding pokemon, I recommend using Bulbapedia. They organize things into generations, etc.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

azzmeister89

Again there are a few pokemon on your list that are not Gen 7

TheHangedOne

Pangoro is from Gen 6 and 7.
The Alolan variant of Marrowak is Gen 7.
Mimikyu is Gen 7.
Mismagius is from Gens 4, 5, 6, and 7.
Trevenant is Gen 6 and 7.
Frostlass is Gens 4, 5, 6, and 7.
Litten is Gen 7.

Am I supposed to be using Pokemon that only come from Gen 7?
Check out my poet tree!

azzmeister89

TheHangedOne

Okay, edited it.

Dropped Pangoroa, Mismagius, Trevenant, and Frostlass. Added the Alolan form of Persian, Palossand, and Decidueye. Does that work?
Check out my poet tree!

azzmeister89

Perfect, a good team too. Also keep in mind you can have an additional ten pokemon from your region as back ups