Kill The Bad Guy, Rescue The Girl, Save The World... Pathfinder Interest Check

Started by Blinkin, August 05, 2017, 12:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

The question has already been asked, and I'm afraid that the answer is still a no. None of the occult classes are being accepted.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Snake

Oh I didn't see it. Sorry

Damn now I have to rework my character totally. Too bad there's no other con-SAD classes :p

Oh well! I like making characters anyway; or reusing old ones I'm fond of :3

indarkestknight

Strictly by the most recent errata, slashing grace & fencing grace are incompatible with holding anything in your free hand, including bucklers and swordmaster's flair. Despite this, the statblock a major NPC in the Irongfang Invasion Paizo Adventure Path (the most recently completed AP, just finished last month I think) reflects the NPC benefiting from both slashing grace and a buckler, in addition to a swordmaster's flair being listed as part of their gear. Should I expect strictness or leniency when it comes to the Slashing Grace and Fencing Grace feats, bucklers, and swordmaster's flairs?

Blinkin

As I said, in the original text of the feat (s), it only specified that no [iweapon[/I] could be in the off hand. Not that the hand had to be empty, as in the free hand archetype of the fighter, which states that the off hand must be empty. I don't see the reasoning behind excluding a buckler as many of the Swashbuckler class features allows for a buckler in the off hand.

As I still have characters who use a buckler in the off hand, and intend to do so until a GM tells me that I can't, I'll allow the same. Sometimes, the changes to rules are pointless and simply make no sense except to limit a character even more.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

indarkestknight

Ironically, they did publish a feat that allows a character to benefit from Grace feats while dual-wielding... though it still won't let you use a shield or other-non-weapon items in your free hand.

The general perception by the community is that aside from the developers generally feel that getting Dex instead of Str to damage is very powerful and tending to police Dex to damage very strictly, they didn't want Magi to be able to use the Grace feats in conjunction with spell combat.

Blinkin

But, the magus class already states that he must have a hand free to cast, so altering the grace feats is just penalizing non magus class players who are dex based and suffer from low strength scores.

Anyway, made the ruling for this game.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Blinkin on August 09, 2017, 07:27:33 PM
The example that I gave, was from a player who was "Shopping" for a deity that fit what he wanted to do with the paladin. Mainly, try to slip an anti-paladin past the DM by creating a paladin and then picking up an evil deity. It was bad enough that the group fell apart over it.

I'm not going to come up with a set of rules or standards that's unrealistic or contradictory; Just a sort of moral compass, that I'll work out with you that will determine how the character sees herself in the form of a holy warrior of a god. I'm not hung up on alignment; play whatever you like, as long as it's in the good range. This is more due to the prohibitation against evil characters than a paladin and I agree with you by and large on the descripton of alignment. The only time I'll mention it is if there's a series of acts that's counter to the broad range of an alignment, which has never happened.
Sounds good!

WIP sheet - Crunch done, bio to come

Name: Sarah Maiden
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: Shelyn
Level: 5 Bravo Paladin HD10

Bio

Appearance
History

Abilities

AttriScoreModMath
Str10010
Dex18418
Con16316
Int12111+1(4th)
Wis1008+2(race)
Cha18418

Derived Stats
Bab: +5
Fort: 11 (+4Class+3Con+4ChaB)
Ref : 9 (+1Class+4DexB+4ChaB)
Will: 8 (+4Class+0WisB+4ChaB)
CMB: 9 (+5BAB+4StrB)
CMD: 20 (10+5BAB+4StrB+1DexB)
AC : 18 (10+4DexB+3Armour+1Nimble)

HP: 53/53

Skills (4+2bg/lvl)
Craft(Int)
Diplomacy(Cha) 13 [5sp+3+4ChaB+1trait] (+6 if helpful/friendly)
Handle Animal(Cha) 12 [5bg+3+4ChaB]
Heal(Wis)
Knowledge[nobility](Int)
Knowledge[religion](Int) 6 [3sp+3+0IntB] 
Perform[Dance](Cha) 14 [5bg+3+4ChaB+2trait+4glaive+2garb]
Ride(Dex) 6 [2sp+3+1DexB]

Perception(Wis) 5 [5sp+0WisB]

Languages: Common, Sylvan.

Features, Feats & Traits
Features
Human
Ability Score: +2 Int
Type: Humanoid (Human)
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 ft.
Languages: Common
Bonus Feat: Extra feat at 1st level.
Skilled: +1SP/lvl
Favoured Class: Paladin; +1 to energy resistance. -5[Cold]/+0SP/+0HP
Tempered Champion Paladin
Proficiency: All simple and martial weapons, light and medium armour and with bucklers.
Aura of Good (Ex): Aura (As detect good) is equal to her paladin level.
Detect Evil (Sp): Can use Detect Evil at will, as the spell. Move action, 60ft range, determine if Evil, learning strength of aura(as if studied it for 3 rounds).
Bravo’s Finesse (Ex): Uses DexB on attack rolls with light or 1H piercing melee weapons (Shield Checkpen is applied attack rolls). Can use Cha instead of Int for combat feats prereqs. This counts as Weapon Finesse for meeting prerequisites.
Smite Evil (Su): As a swift action, choose one target within sight to smite. If target is Evil; add ChaB to attack and lvl to damage against the target. If target is Outsider[Evil], a evil dragon, or undead , then 2xlvl to damage on the first successful attack. Smite evil attacks automatically bypass any DR. If the target is not evil, the smite is wasted with no effect.
Smite effect remains until the target is dead, or the paladin rests. Current: 2/2
Divine Grace (Su): Gains ChaB on all saving throws.
Lay On Hands (Su): Can heal wounds by touch. One use heals 1d6 per 2lvls. Standard action, unless target Self, then swift. Can deal the dice as damage to undead, melee touch attack. HalfLvl+ChaB/day, Current: 7/7
Aura of Courage (Su): Immune to fear (magical or otherwise). Allies within 10ft gain +4 morale bonus on saves vs fear effects. Only functions while conscious.
Divine Health (Ex): Immune to all diseases, including supernatural/magical diseases.
Nimble (Ex): Gain +1 dodge to AC while wearing light/no armor at lvl3/+1 every 4 after. Anything that removes DexB to AC also removes Nimble. This ability replaces mercy. Current: +1AC
Channel Positive Energy (Su): Gain the supernatural ability to channel positive energy like a cleric. Consumes two uses of LOH.
Panache and Deeds (Ex): Gain panache and Deeds class features. At the start of each day, gain Panache Points(PP) equal to ChaB. Spend PP to accomplish Deeds. Current: 4/4
RegainPP in the following ways; Critting or landing the killing blow with Light or 1H Piercing Melee Weapons (Objets/Helpless/Unaware/Less than half HD do not count).
Deeds:
-Dodging Panache: Spend 1 PP(immediate) to move 5ft and gain ChaB to AC against the attack. Doesn’t avoid the attack, is not a 5ft Step, provokes AoO from creatures other than the attacker. Must be light/no armor, and no heavier than a light load.
-Menacing Swordplay: With at least 1PP, when hitting with a light or1H piercing melee weapon, can use Intimidate to demoralize that opponent as a swift action.
-Opportune Parry and Riposte: Spend 1 PP(immediate) to parry a attack, using a attack roll as if doing a AoO, with -2 for every size category larger the attacker is. If they result is greater, then the attack misses. With at leased 1PP can immediately make a attack agianst the paried creature. Deed's cost cannot be lowered.
-Precise Strike: With at least 1PP, add lvl to damage dealt as Precision Damage. On the next attack, can spend 1PP to deal 2xlvl damage. Deed's cost cannot be lowered.
-Swashbuckler Initiative: With at least 1 PP, gain +2 to init and can draw weapon as part of init check with Quick Draw feat.
Divine Bond (Sp): Gain the service of an unusually intelligent, strong and loyal steed. Functions as a Animal Companion. Int minimum of 6. 1/day, +1 every 4 after, can summon mount to her side. Current: 1/1
At lvl11 the mount gains Celestial Template and becomes a magical beast. At lvl15 mount gains SR = lvl + 11.

Feats
1-Power Attack: Take -1 on all melee attack rolls and CMB to gain a +2 melee damage rolls. When BAB+4/every 4 after,  the penalty increases by -1/damage by +2. Current: -2/+4
1-Weapon Focus[Glaive]: +1 Attack Rolls with Glaives
2-Improved Initiative: +4Init.
3-Bladed Brush: Finesse applies to Glaives. Treat as 1H slashing or piercing weapon for feats and abilities that relate to such weapons. Move action to add to remove Reach property.
5-Slashing Grace [Glaive]: Use Dex instead of Str for weapon damage with Glaives

Traits
-Hedonistic: If you spend a day without gaining reward or treasure (10g+) or spending an hour on entertainment or pleasure, attempt a DC 20 Fort save at the end of the day. On fail you begin the next day fatigued. Fatigue lasts 4 hours, or until you satisfy the requirements.
+Honest: +1 Diplo, +2 with targets that are already friendly or helpful.
+Blessed Touch: +1HP healed with Channel, LoH or Cure.
+Tattooed Focus: +2 Performance[Dance], is ClassSkill.

Equipment
Equipment [25/100 lbs. Light: 33lb]
Weapons [10 lbs]
Blade of Three Dark Fancies (+1 Glaive. 1D10 S. 3x20 Crit. Reach. 10lbs)
-Never gets dirty. +4 Sacred bonus to Perform[Dance]. Colour Spray 1/day.
This elegant and beautiful glaive possesses a large, wickledly sharp, single-edged blade atop a stout shaft of dark wood as long as Sarah is tall and capped with a spiked butt on the bottom end. The entire thing, both blade and shaft are gilded with golden designs of thorned vines, while and three silk ribbons flow from the neck; One white, one red, and one back. It closely resembles a kind of Glaive common to the more martial of Shelyn's clergy, but has been modified by one of Zon Kuthon's priests as a gift for Sarah.

Armour [12 lbs]
-Djezet Skin (+1 Leather. +3AC, -0CheckPen +6MaxDex. +5Diplomacy vs Friendly/Helpful. 7lbs)
When unattended, djezet skin appears as a curiously smooth sphere of rust-red metal. When it’s held and a command word is spoken, the armor oozes across the wearer’s body like a second skin. The armor can be removed as a free action by stepping out of it, causing it to pool on the floor. This djezet skin has been modified by the followers of Shelyn so when worn it takes on a luscious red hue and is adored with prominent designs of roses and other flowers. When inactive its sphere displays the holy symbol of Shelyn
-Dancer's Garb (+2 circumstance bonus to Perform[Dance]. 5lbs.)

Gear [3lbs]
Head:
Headband:
Eyes:
Neck:
Shoulders:
Body:
Chest:
Belt:
Wrists:
Hands
RingL
RingR
Feet:
Slotless
-Minor Bag of Holding (Holds 50 lbs/6ft3. Contains Items, 3lbs)

Items [27 lbs]
-Silk Rope (50ft, 5lbs)
-Ioun Torch (dull gray sphere ioun stone with continual flame. Light source)
-Caltrop Bead (2x  2lbs)
-Perfume (8x +2 circumstance to Diplo for 24hrs)
=Kit, Fighter's (15 lbs)
-backpack
-bedroll
-a belt pouch
-flint and steel
-a mess kit
-rope
-soap
-trail rations (5 days)
-waterskin.
Kit, Courtesan's (5 lbs)
-a razor
-scented oils and salves
-fragrances
-a warming pot
-a Courtesan's Outfit
-Books of poetry, literature, and plays -often focusing on salacious topics and full of double entendres

Mount

Stats
Axe Beak (Terror Bird)
Ability Score: Str 19, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 10
Type: Animal
Size: Large
Senses: Low Light vision
Speed: 60 ft.
Defence: +2NA
Offence: Bite (1d10+1.5xStr), Talons (1d4+Str each).
Special Abilities: Sudden Charge (Ex); When charging, make a single bite attack. If successful, may also attempt to Trip its target (free action) without provoking an AoO. If fails, cannot be tripped in return.
Racer Companion
Bab: +3
Fort: 11 (+4Class+3Con)
Ref : 9 (+4Class+3DexB)
Will: 8 (+1Class+0WisB)
CMB: 9 (+3BAB+4StrB)
CMD: 20 (10+3BAB+4StrB+3DexB)
AC : 18 (10+3DexB+6NA-1size)
HP: 43/43
Link (Ex): Can handle animal companion as free action or push as move action. Gain +4 circumstance bonus on all Handle Animal checks made regarding an animal companion.
Fast Movement (Ex): Speed +10ft
Evasion (Ex): When a Reflex save still allows half damage, take no damage.
Ability Score Increase (Ex): +1 Dex

Skills, Tricks and Feats
Skills
Acrobatics (Dex) 7 [1sp+3+3DexB] 
Perception(Wis) 5 [2sp+3+0WisB]
Stealth(Dex) 7 [1sp+3+3DexB]
Performance(Cha)[Sing] 1 [1sp+0ChaB]

Feats
-Improved Natural Weapon[bite]: +1 die size on natural weapon
-Improved Natural Armour: +1NA
-Improved Natural Armour: +1NA

Gear

GM/Misc Stuff

Gold
+10,500
-Kit, Fighter's [9]
-Kit, Courtesan's [10]
-Ioun Torch [75]
-Silk rope [10]
-Blade of Three Fancies [5,248]
-Djezet Skin [3410]
-Bag of Holding, minor [-1000]
>738
-8 doses of Perfume.
-Dancers Garb [100]
-2 Caltrop Beads [80]
>630

Chargen
Rolls;
At 2017-08-07 11:20:58, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 18
At 2017-08-07 11:20:51, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11
At 2017-08-07 11:20:43, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
At 2017-08-07 11:20:34, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10

GM Notes
-i tossed the gear i didnt want out of my Kit, paid full, but want to save weight for huffing all the loot around :P

To get;
Boots of the Eternal Rose, 4k
circle of persuasion. 4.5k
beautiful warpaint 6.3k
Scarf of the suggestive dance 3k
cloak of resistance

combat reflexes
quickdraw

Ixy

Quote from: indarkestknight on August 10, 2017, 02:35:15 AM
I was thinking he only won his freedom recently, but a few ideas do arise:
• potentially, old Wilhem was in the audience for the final fight that earned Victor's freedom (maybe Wilhem even placed a bet on the match?)
• the two had a friendly drinking contest one night, with Victor not realizing just how fragile Wilhem's health had become
• in his adventuring days, maybe Wilhem had adventured with the woman who taught Victor everything he knows about pit fighting, a character who will not be named in his backstory but only referred to as a She-Devil with a Sword and hair the color of flame.
I'm open if you have other ideas, though!
Those are excellent leads... I guess we need to determine a rough timeline.
-I'm pretty flexible, as far as just how many years ago Wilhelm passed away, how old he was, and what kind of work he was in.  Maybe he ended up in a smaller town after a life of adventure because of injury, or maybe he was running from something... Maybe pining for this She-Devil the whole time
-My character knows nothing of her birth family, and the ones she was rescued from were slavers and raiders, but she has a distinctive tattoo with some mystical meaning beyod her understanding.  She could be connected to a family or culture unknown.

Blinkin

All of that assumes that both characters are accepted. The number of interested players is now in excess of the number of slots, so I'll select players once all of the character seets are done.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ixy

Quote from: Blinkin on August 11, 2017, 02:47:34 PM
All of that assumes that both characters are accepted. The number of interested players is now in excess of the number of slots, so I'll select players once all of the character seets are done.

Ok clear enough.

Blinkin

Don't get me wrong, I love to see people creating background associations. It actually counts in your favor, just letting everyone know that I can't promise who gets in.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Petrus02

Personality: Thorim is a simple man, with a simple taste. He likes his beer cold, his women accepting and compliant, and his enemies dead at his feet.  Or at least he fancies himself as such. In reality he is a slightly clumsy man with a real anger problem. He is prone to violent fits of rage whenever something does not go the way he want, but he takes great care to never ever vent his anger on his friends - a trait he developed after losing one too many of his few childhood friends. Today he might not be the most reliable man in the world, but you'd rarely wish for another on when a battle is about to begin.

Appearance: With his blonde hair, blue eyes and big, muscled body Thorim embodies the beauty ideal of his people, the Ulfen raiders in the north. Today, after roughly 20 years of fighting he has a lot of scars of course, but he never tries to hide them, on the contrary: he shows them proudly to anyone, ever willing to tell the tale how he got them.

Thorim the Bold
male CG Human Unchained Barbarian 5, Level 5, Init 0, HP 59/59, Speed 30
AC 14, Touch 9, Flat-footed 14, CMD 19, Fort 9, Ref 1, Will 3, CMB +10, Base Attack Bonus 5   
  Greataxe +1 (2k worth)    (1d12+8, x3) (not raging)
  2 Claws total -5 (on full att) (1d6+7,x3  )
  Greataxe +1 2 claws+ pow/rage +13/+7+7 (1d12+15/1d6+11, x3)
  Hide Armor +1(1k worth) (+5 Armor, -1 Dex)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 8, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 13
Condition None
Feats Powerattack
Raging Vitality
Furious Focus
Weapon Focus: Claws
Class Features
Fast Movement
Rage
Improved uncanny dodge
Danger Sense +1
Rages Powers(2)
Lesser Beast Totem
Accurate Stance

At 2017-08-11 10:54:30, Petrus02 (uid: 60391) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15
At 2017-08-11 10:54:39, Petrus02 (uid: 60391) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 8
At 2017-08-11 10:54:48, Petrus02 (uid: 60391) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
At 2017-08-11 10:54:55, Petrus02 (uid: 60391) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright, Chava is a sorceress of the Verdant bloodline.   Whose background is farmer,  raised on a farm.   Likely to retire and look to raise a family on a farm.    However, she is a adventurer.    Through she is a sorceress with high charisma.  She was not built to be a party spokesman.   What she will be good with is buying supplies,  as with appraise skill.    She is not a major attack sorceress.   Instead she is support.   That support comes in terms of Girth up,  in instantly getting her party into their armor.   To blinding, tripping, disarming and well trapping opponents in entangle.    Yes she got some bite with some offensive damage capability, and she can assist in healing.   

She a scrapper,  she not above getting into the mix with helping friends in a inn fight.   Nor does she take lovers just because she is a sorceress.   What she is a friend that is there even when the tough gets going.   Hard working,  with good heart.   An she absolutely abhors undead and those that practice necromancy magic.  Yet she is a adventurer and well that means here in her younger years of adulthood.  She has that wanderlust to adventure and see the world in making a difference.   

So if anyone is interested in developing friendship prior to the party, let me know.   

Blinkin

I'll accept applications until noon on Sunday (EST). I'll give everyone a few more days after that to submit characters, then I'll make the big decisions.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Marie Reynolds

Also putting this up as a place holder for my character sheet.

Stat rolls

Roll Result: Marie Reynolds rolled: 4d6
Comment:
Result: 3, 6, 3, 3,
Total: 15

Comment:
Result: 6, 4, 2, 5,
Total: 17

Comment:
Result: 2, 1, 2, 4,
Total: 9

Comment:
Result: 2, 6, 2, 4,
Total: 14

Blinkin

Marie, remember to drop the lowest.

I'll need to be able to see everyone's rolls for ability scores, and remember that the 18 cannot be raised by racial mods.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Snake

Marie Reynolds

Yep I just wanted to  have the rolls for show with everything rolled as is. The final Stats will be in the sheet when i get it ready.

Sorry i am going to drop out of the running I hit writers block with putting a story together.

indarkestknight

Been busy all day, nursing a piercing headache. If I had until later in the day tomorrow I could probably crank something out, but if the deadline stands I don't think I'll be able to meet it.

Blinkin

I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear on the deadline.

Interest in throwing a character into the pot is noon today. If you have expressed interest, I'm giving a few more days to settle all of the details before I begin to select players.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Petrus02

thats great! i'd like to improve my character background a bit more, but i dont have the time today, will work on it tomorrow

Snake

Can I submit one still though I don't have net all the time and can't do the online die rolls for stats?

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Snake

at least it's better than what I rolled: 18,16,15,12. haha

But yeah I can post regularly. Just this whole having to roll the 4d6 drop lowest screws me up cuz I usually do that at home and all with a point buy set up. but Yeah I'll use those rolls and I can post regularly, very easily.