Star Trek Adventures Interest Check

Started by PixelatedPixie, July 08, 2017, 08:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelatedPixie

I picked up Star Trek Adventures, which I think is fairly new, and thought I would offer to run a game using the system if there is enough interest.

I haven't decided on a ship, so would be open to discussion on that, but I am thinking TNG Era and probably starting in the Shackleton Expanse. 

I would accept players for most positions, but would have the Captain and First Officer begin as mostly absent NPCs.  The idea being that they are off negotiating some major but sensitive and slow going diplomatic issue while their ship is placed under various acting Captains depending on the situation.  At some point this would probably change, but at least to start I don't want to assign a specific player/character as Captain.

I am thinking Nonconsensual-Exotic as a rating, with a discussion on specific content.  I would like to include some adult content, and do think the Supporting Character system could fit into this rather well.  With either the bad things happening to the supporting character, or the player able to run a supporting character while their main character was indisposed. 

Is there any interest?  If so I can work on changing this into a proper introduction/game.

Crash

I would be interested.  I have the rules as well.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Tremerette

I am interested but don't know or have the system so would need help. Also I admit a bit leary of it being non consensual to be honest.

PixelatedPixie

Quote from: Tremerette on July 09, 2017, 05:41:48 PM
I am interested but don't know or have the system so would need help. Also I admit a bit leary of it being non consensual to be honest.

If I ran it (though there doesn't seem to be much interest so far) access to the system would be required.  Sorry.

Crash

It may be a little to soon since the rules just came out.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

1SAZ

I just picked up the rules last night and I would definitely be interested.

PixelatedPixie

I would be willing to start with two players and hopefully add more later on.  If you two are willing to start so small.

1SAZ

I would be fine with starting low on player count to get the ship and a few characters created and out of the way before more join in, but due to the crew requirements to actually run a ship it might be hard to actually play unless we replace NPCs with PCs as we go.

So, initial questions, what kind of ship would we be operating? I know you said TNG era, so 2360's or do we want to go further on into the 2370's? What kind of ship would we be running; science, medical, exploratory, etc.?

PixelatedPixie

I was still debating some of that and was thinking of creating a thread for discussion before I repost a full advertisement if people are interested in having a say.

I was leaning towards a Miranda-class ship.  The plan was that most of the command crew are involved in a diplomatic mission, on leave, or being transfered about when we first start.  Once things stabilize that might be changed, but it would be a simple way to start.

Exploratory or jack of all trades probably.  The timeline I am unsure of, but probably early 2370s.  Before or during the Dominion War.  They could be part of the war occasionally, or they could be trying to deal with all the problems that are arising as so many ships are pulled away for the war. 

1SAZ

Sounds good, though I rather dislike the Miranda-class and personally feel they should have all been scrapped by 2370 except for a few training vessels. But I digress.

Since you said early 2370's, I assume you would put it around Generations and First Contact with the Borg being the primary concern to the Federation?

PixelatedPixie

Let us move the discussion here

I'll post a full advertisement once decisions are made.

I am open to discussion on the ship class.  Did you have a preference or suggestion?

Probably around First Contact, so the Borg and Dominion would both be concerns.  2373 or 2374 most likely. 

Crash

I am slow posting and a two person game doesn't appeal to me right now, sorry.

Flying Tengu

I have this, and Star Trek is pretty neat.  Is it still open and happening?

PixelatedPixie

Understandable Crash.  Thank you for letting me know.

It is still open Flying Tengu, though it hasn't really been set up yet.  I linked a post in one a couple above yours where the ship is being worked out if you want to contribute. 

Muse

Am I too late to express interest? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

PixelatedPixie

You aren't.  I think a ship is settled on, so I hope to sit down and get the game outline written up soon.  If you'd like to discuss anything related to the game setup please post in the above thread!

BlackStone

Okay bought the rules, will read over the weekend.  Color me interested.  While the Intrepid is not my first choice (I hated Voyager which is why it is a turn off for me), I always been a fan of the Norway Class, but its not in the rules, but I do love the ship name and can get behind it.  I would be going for Tactical or Helmsman.  How loose are we playing with cannon as an idea I had was playing the son of Roman defector Admiral Jerok's son who followed in his father's footsteps and defected to the Federation and was allowed to attend Star Fleet Academy?  If not them I will likely go for Bajorn so as not to get thinks too human heavy.   That is if you will have me.

PixelatedPixie

I will want to stick to the basic rules for creation, so a Romulan wouldn't work but a Bajoran is fine.  You can post in the above linked thread if you are interested.