Adventures in Lore (D&D 5E) - Seeking Co-GM!

Started by eternaldarkness, June 20, 2017, 04:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

OOC, Setting and Houserules thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=269543.msg13289594#msg13289594

I'm looking for approximately five players to create interesting characters of the kind people write stories about to adventure in this mostly-undetailed world of my creation. I don't have a specific plot in mind yet, because it will depend on what the players i choose are most interested in. I'll firstly be choosing players who mesh well with me and with eachother, so if you have writing partners you work well with, point them this way and apply together! I've given just enough tidbits of setting to hopefully spark the imagination, but not constrain creativity. The players and their characters will fill in the blanks with me.

I am looking at a starting character level of three, with levels coming rapidly as the characters adventure. I anticipate the characters gaining a level after at least every other adventure, with extensive downtime between each major plot arc to summarize what happened and transition to the next one. A cohesive group of like-minded players and characters is key - you could all be Alexandrian nobles and their servants and entourage, emissaries from the elven lands on a mission, refugees from the dark below, or five friends from a rural town on the edge of imperial lands. I tend toward an epic, over-the-top character-driven style of GM'ing and storytelling; i don't do things by half-measures, and the Rule of Cool is rule number one in my games. We are here to entertain eachother, so whatever you do, do it big.

Interested parties, submit your ideas for any or all of setting, characters, and possible plots and themes you'd like to see in this thread, and I will compile the ones we all like in a separate setting thread, which I will link at the top of this page as well as the OOC thread if this game gets going. Go crazy, people! This is your chance to pull out that off-the-wall concept you've always wanted to try. Nothing is forbidden, everything is permitted!

Unearthed Arcana and other supplemental content is explicitly allowed, though homebrewed material will get the harshest of scrutiny from me. Do not fear, though - i have a keen eye for balance and game design, so if there's something you really want to play we can tweak it until it works for all parties involved. And just because i didn't mention a race, for example, does not mean it is disallowed. Just tell me what you want to do with it, write me a little something to fit the race into our shared setting, and off we go!

Smut: This is Elliquiy, bro. Abide by Elliquiy's rules and mind the On's and Off's of others and we're golden. I like writing erotic fun as much as the next person (more than some, even).

First person to furnish me a good character sheet template gets my everlasting gratitude, and a chance to write one paragraph of absolute fact about the setting, no questions asked (within reason, of course). And if some brave soul wanted to Co-GM with me, i would welcome the assistance and a chance to play in my own sandbox.

Races
Humans, Halflings and Dwarves. The three 'common' races, and the most populous races in the world, comprising the bulk of imperial citizens and members of the merchant clans and able to interbreed freely amongst themselves and with most other humanoid races. Unlike most D&D worlds, these three races have very little in the way of cultural differences, and as they can freely interbreed it is not uncommon to find an unusually tall halfling descended from human stock, or an especially tough and bearded human of dwarven ancestry.

Elves and Gnomes. The original children of the dark, elves are a race of powerful, distant and mysterious peoples who walked the surface of the earth long before the Delvers went down into the depths of the world and discovered its power. The elves reside in their otherworldly kingdoms, inacessible to other mortal races and guarded by legions of their fey allies and other servants. Gnomes are a bit more common, often emerging from the elven realms to wander on various adventures or quests on behalf of the elven lords, usually with a Paladin or outcast elven or gnome barbarian as a companion and bodyguard and servant. The unbearably haughty High Elves are the nobility and rulers of the elven race,and are almost never encountered in mortal lands except on quests of the greatest importance, and never without a loyal entourage to serve and guard them. Wild Elves are the bulk of the elven populace, serving as border guards and rarely as messengers from the elven kingdoms when they must deal with the common races directly for some reason. The Dark Elves are rarely found outside the depths of the earth, where they fight a bitter an unrelenting war against delver and their fiend-worshiping hordes, though they sometimes find themselves questing on the surface.

Half-Elves. Every now and again, an elf takes a concubine or lover from one of the lesser races, and the result of the union is a half-elf, a member of the lesser races with some of the inherent grace and power of the elves. Not all half-elves' non-elf half is human; the flights of romantic (or lustful) fancy of the elves have produced alf-elf children of all kinds, though regardless of the non-elf parents race half-elves are always mechanically the same, regardless of their appearance, and they are usually raised by the non-elf family, serving as diplomats to the reclusive elves when necessary.

Half-Orcs. Orc tribes exist peacefully in the wilder places on and under the world, tribal peoples who largely leave other races alone and likewise prefer to be left alone. In some rural lands, orc tribes intermingle with the settlements of other races, resulting in a fair number of half-orcs being born to all races. Half-orcs' physical traits favor the orcish parent, with green or grey skin tones and often small tusks, though every so often a half-orc child will be born who is so stunningly beautiful that even elf lords and imperial nobility seek them out as mates and concubines. This is complicated by the fact that Orcs and half-orcs all can feel primal rage boiling within them, and they often become the most savage barbarians and fighters one can find.

Genasi. Genasi can be found everywhere in the world in small numbers, usually dwelling amongst other races in lands that suit their elemental affinities and temperaments and like the common races they can interbreed with all others freely, though the child of a union with a genasi is always a genasi even when one parent is elven. It is believed that Genasi first came into being when elementals came to the mortal world ages ago and lingered so long that they took on humanoid forms, due to the fact that elementals who cross the boundaries take on humanoid shapes and become more and more humanoid the longer they remain in the world.

Goliaths. Born from the descendants of humans and giants, Goliaths look like nothing so much as extraordinarily tall and powerfully-built humans, usually with blonde or flame-red hair. They are a race of warriors and natural athletes who dwell in the mountains and farm the fields in the high-up cloud fiefdoms of the giants, and a number of them come down to the lands below each year seeking new experiences as part of a rite of passage to attain wisdom, experience and power that all young Goliaths must undertake before returning to their homes above, though some Goliaths choose to remain in the world below or return to it after passing on their wisdom and remain indefinitely for reasons of their own and this is not frowned upon by their society.

Classes
Artificer. Springing from the magical ingenuity of the merchant clans' various craft guilds, artificers are the craftsmen and tinkers who produce their minor magical goods such as potions, scrolls and other useful everyday magics that keep the clans' coffers filled with gold.

Barbarian. Noone, even the elven lords, knows from whence the terrifying rage these warriors exhibit comes, but all have learned that it is best not to anger a surly stranger lest you incur the destructive wrath of a one of these wild berserkers. Barbarians harness primal fury, drawing on the strength and rage of the world to empower themselves beyond the physical limits of other mortals, and they can spring forth from any bloodline and any race without rhyme or reason - A few from every mortal race are born with the fury screaming in their blood, and none know why. Barbarians are typically outcasts from their communities of birth who wander the lands making their livings as mercenaries as adventurers and mercenaries. Few civilized places will tolerate them for long, and even the elves cast out their rage-filled offspring as soon as possible.

Bard. Rarer than sorcerers, bards are the wielders of magic who hear the worlds speech as a song that vibrates in their souls. Inevitably, any Bard can trace his lineage back to an elven ancestor, whether in the distant past or more recent.

Cleric. The nobility of the Alexandrian empire are all inevitably clerics, and the imperials each revere a divine principle that best suits their role and temperament. As nobles, Alexandrian clerics are trained to stand in battle with the imperial legions, serving as officers, healers, and battle-priests to lead and support the empire. No-one can hold a noble title in the empire without wielding the power of a cleric, with the sole exception of the sorcerers knwon as Favored Souls who can wield both arcane and divine magic as their birthright, and when discovered are inevitably adopted into one of the great imperial noble houses.

Druid. Spirit-speakers who hear the words of the world itself and learn to speak back to it, these guardians of nature are common in rural lands and wild places where the merchant clans and the empire hold little sway, often serving as the elders and leaders of their communities.

Fighter. No change. Fighters can be found among all races and all societies.

Monk & Mystic. Ubiquitous the world over, the oft-contemplative and usually combative individuals known as monks and mystics draw forth the power of Ki, the energy of mind, body and soul inherent in all things that live and think. There is no place where these individuals cannot be found; warring gangs of brawlers hewing to their own personal creeds and fighting styles can be found in the great cities as easily as wise, tough disciples of a master can be found among the people in rural lands. The lesser families of the Merchant Clans train monks and mystics who serve as advisors and bodyguards for the wizards of the greater families, and fully half of all children born to the merchant clans are twins, one of whom is traditionally sent to one of the lesser monk families to train and eventually become the servant of their sibling who is destined to become a wizard.

Paladin. Also known as Oathsworn, paladins are warriors wielding divine power who come from all walks of life, taken as children by the enigmatic elven monarchs to serve as tribute to them - kings, wealthy merchants and peasants alike heed the call of the elven lords when they come to claim their children, for they know that when the child is returned that child will be a priceless asset to is people, though rumors persist that the paladins are trojan horses - spies and infiltrators ready to betray their kingdoms and clans at a moments notice on the word of their elven masters. Each paladin spends his youth learning the ways of warfare and the tenets of the world oaths before being sent back out into the world, usually to their original communities, to fulfill a specific mission given to them by the elven rulers in accordance with their oath. Oathbreakers are those rare paladins who forsake their sacred oaths and go into the service of the Dark or vicious warlords who come from the delver communities below the earth seeking death, destruction and conquest.

Ranger. Like their Druid brothers, rangers can hear the words of the world and wield some of its power, though they focus less on the secrets of the world and more on martial prowess than their brother and sisters, and usually serve as the hunters, scouts, protectors of their communities.

Rogue. No change. Like Fighters, Rogues are friggin' everywhere.

Sorcerer. Most mortals who wield Arcane magic are sorcerers, descendants of the First who delved into the darkness and bound its power. Draconic and Wild Magic sorcerers are the most common, but other types have also been observed wielding the fractured might of the dark below.

Warlock. Those who are not born with arcane power often choose to claim it by pacting with Great Powers such as ancient fey and the oldest demons and devils born from the ranks of corrupted Delvers who barely resemble anything human anymore. Others strike bargains with the uncaring star gods who dwell in the sea of night beyond the earth. Warlocks are both feared and respected by all who know their true nature, and even the elves tread carefully around them to avoid incurring the displeasure of a powerful entity for the abuse of their pact-sworn servants.

Wizard. Rare and exceedingly powerful, Wizards come from the ranks of the great merchant clans descended from those who originally fought the First and banished them into the depths. They wield magic by memorizing spells, which are variations and filtered interpretations of the original words of creation they wrote while serving the First long ago.

Chulanowa

I'm interested, though am heading out the door at this very moment.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 20, 2017, 10:25:08 AM
I'm interested, though am heading out the door at this very moment.

That's perfectly fine. I'm not home anyhow, and I want people to give some thought the kind of story they want. I've found it's better to give the people what they want, and I'm versatile enough to run any flavor of story.

CeruleanSerenity

You have my interest too. What I play would depend on the tone of the game, though... there are a bunch of concepts I've wanted to try over the years but never got a proper chance, so I'll have to see what I can remember. Some might require homebrew, and I'm not sure what will fit in the game yet... but then, I guess we'd be figuring that out together.

(Admittedly, a couple of my ideas are rather sexual, and I'm always hesitant to push a game in that direction unless everyone is fine with it...)

Revelation

Interested! Would like to try out the revised ranger from UA. but might just make a paladin, as well.

Snake

I'm interested in joining in *nod*

Kathyan

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on June 20, 2017, 11:56:52 AM
You have my interest too. What I play would depend on the tone of the game, though... there are a bunch of concepts I've wanted to try over the years but never got a proper chance, so I'll have to see what I can remember. Some might require homebrew, and I'm not sure what will fit in the game yet... but then, I guess we'd be figuring that out together.

(Admittedly, a couple of my ideas are rather sexual, and I'm always hesitant to push a game in that direction unless everyone is fine with it...)
+1 ^^

Rajah

Stolen from the Ostheim Regulars game, under the label "rough sheet." It was a bit rough, so I modified it a little.

[center][b][u][size=16pt]Character Sheet[/size][/u][/b][/center]
[float=left][img height=300 padding=10]http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2dmllOIyX1qzdtsyo1_540.jpg[/img][/float][b][u]NAME[/u][/b]
[br][b]Race: [/b]
[b]Class (Level): [/b]
[b]Background:   [/b]
[b]Languages:[/b] 

[b]Proficiency Bonus:[/b] 

[br]
[b]Passive Perception | Passive Insight:[/b]  |

[b]Saving Throws[/b] Strength +X | Constitution +X | Dexterity +X | Intelligence +X | Wisdom +X | Charisma +X [i]Bold for Proficiency[/i]
[b]Armor Class: [/b]
[b]Initiative | Speed: [/b]  |
[b]Max Hit Points:[/b]
[b]Hit Dice:[/b]

[br]
[b][u]ATTRIBUTES[/u][/b]
Strength X | Constitution X | Dexterity X | Intelligence X | Wisdom X | Charisma X

[br]
[b][u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
[table][tr][td]Skill[/td][td]Attribute[/td][td]Attribute Bonus[/td][td]Proficiency?[/td][td]Total[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td][td]STR[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Acrobatics[/td][td]DEX[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Sleight of Hand[/td][td]DEX[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td][td]DEX[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Arcana[/td][td]INT[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/t[/b]r]
[tr][td]History[/td][td]INT[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Investigation[/td][td]INT[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nature[/td][td]INT[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Religion[/td][td]INT[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Animal Handling[/td][td]WIS[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Insight[/td][td]WIS[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Medicine[/td][td]WIS[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Perception[/td][td]WIS[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Survival[/td][td]WIS[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Deception[/td][td]CHA[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intimidation[/td][td]CHA[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Performance[/td][td]CHA[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Persuasion[/td][td]CHA[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

[b]Tool Proficiencies: [/b]

[b]Weapon Proficiencies:[/b]
[b]Armor Proficiencies:[/b]

[br]
[b][u]FEATURES[/u][/b]

[br]
[b][u]ADVENTURING GEAR[/u][/b]

[br]
[b][u]WEAPONS AND CANTRIPS[/u][/b]

[b]Weapon: [/b]
[b]Keywords | Range:[/b] |

[b]Attack Bonus:[/b]
[b]Damage | Type:[/b] |
[b]Other Effects:[/b]

[br]
[b][u]SPELLS[/u][/b]

[b]Spellcasting Ability: [/b]
[b]Spell Save DC: [/b]
[b]Spell Attack Bonus:[/b]

Sample Spell (Xth-level School)
[b]Range | Target:[/b] |
[b]Components:[/b]
[b]Casting Time | Duration:[/b] |
[b]Effects:[/b] [i]Just the need-to-know.[/i]

[br]
[b][u]BACKGROUND DETAILS[/u][/b]
[b]Personality Trait:[/b] Trait. [i]Elaborate[/i]
[b]Ideal:[/b] Trait. [i]Elaborate[/i]
[b]Bond:[/b] Trait. [i]Elaborate[/i]
[b]Flaw:[/b] Trait. [i]Elaborate[/i]

[br]
[b][u]PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION[/u][/b]
Gender, height, build, age, hair and skin and eyes, style of dress, voice and motion - the usual details.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Mister Ugly

What attribute buy are you using? Build Points?

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

CeruleanSerenity

So now that I have some time, I'll toss out some ideas... none of them are fleshed out in detail (some are just races I'd like to try), and I haven't come up with anything tied to the campaign details so far, but that can all happen as the game develops.

One I've had for a while is for some sort of sex priestess... not of a diety that just encourages passion and the pursuit of pleasure, like I usually see Sharess portrayed, but one that specifically emphasizes sexuality. I imagined that her vows would require her to never wear clothing or refuse sex, at least when possible (which would be most of the time, ideally... though how strict they are could vary depending on the needs of the game). This concept would probably work best in a relatively lighthearted game - it wouldn't have to be strictly comedy or anything, but one that doesn't have to take itself too seriously. As for mechanics, I imagined the character as a cleric, but paladin or monk could also work; I'd like to have a custom variation that fits the theme, maybe giving a bonus to AC and protection from the elements while unarmored and unclothed (some sex and seduction themed abilities would be nice too, though that would be more work).

Another I've had for even longer, also rather sexual, but potentially more serious... it was AD&D 2nd edition, I think, that had a Monster Manual entry for the werefox. They were portrayed as hedonistic, vain, and superhumanly beautiful, so much that many couldn't bear to hurt them and they were typically accompanied by fanatically loyal slaves. I'd like to play up the lustful aspects of the race (not that they'd need a lot of playing up) as a formerly shy woman who was infected with lycanthropy and finds herself struggling with the changes it brings to her body and mind, particularly a seemingly insatiable libido and unquenchable desire for more. This concept would probably need some homebrew too... some of the werefox's abilities in AD&D are probably too powerful to just carry over to a normal game, but I would like having some mechanical effect for their incredible beauty and the overwhelming lust they can inspire. If it helps, my character could be less powerful than a typical werefox, being relatively young and still growing into her new... talents. Some of it could be mostly portrayed through roleplaying, too.

Also, for both concepts, I should mention I'm not a fan of non-con at all... the first would share her body freely because she enjoys it, never just because an oath forces her to (though if it causes some entertaining trouble for the party, that's just fine). And if the second was able to enslave others, it would be more through inspiring lust strong enough drown out everything else than strict magical domination (though her beauty would hardly be natural or normal). And for the second, though she'd be a lycanthrope, I'd prefer her to be in human or near-human form most of the time... I'm not usually into playing furry characters (though things like animal ears are just fine, and if other characters went further, I wouldn't mind).

(And by "I wouldn't mind" I mean "I've wanted to get gangbanged by a pack of werewolves for ages".)

...Ahem. Anyway. Moving on, a few very basic concepts I've been wanting to try...

A chance to play a werewolf, kitsune, succubus, or nymph could be fun. That last one particularly if I could play up the sexual aspects of the race (I guess that goes for all of them, but I assume succubi are highly sexual by default, and that's the appeal of playing a nymph for me more than for the other two). None of them are default races, but I imagine it would be easy enough to adapt existing races or make new ones, and I can imagine the werewolf being a slightly modified barbarian (maybe with the transformation being tied to rage, giving natural weapons but allowing silver to bypass the damage resistance).

I also liked the old tantrist class... well, not the class in particular, but the idea of a character who draws magic power from sex. That would be easy enough to work into an existing class, I think, and could work with any of the above ideas too.

...I said "a couple of my ideas are rather sexual", but it looks like those are the first ones coming to mind... well, the races I mentioned wouldn't have to be, at least. I'll have to think over it and see what else I can come up with, too, since I know there are more (and more suited to other sorts of games).

There was an old 3.5 homebrew class that conjured up creatures from their dreams to fight, which was a concept I rather liked, though I can't remember what it was called and wouldn't have a clue how to adapt it...

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 20, 2017, 12:39:56 PM
Interested! Would like to try out the revised ranger from UA. but might just make a paladin, as well.

Revised ranger is perfectly okay. I actually recommend the Conclave one, if that isn't the one you mean (there have been like 3 ranger revisions).

Quote from: Mister Ugly on June 20, 2017, 02:31:35 PM
What attribute buy are you using? Build Points?

MU

27 point-buy.
Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on June 20, 2017, 03:26:48 PM
So now that I have some time, I'll toss out some ideas... none of them are fleshed out in detail (some are just races I'd like to try), and I haven't come up with anything tied to the campaign details so far, but that can all happen as the game develops.

One I've had for a while is for some sort of sex priestess... not of a diety that just encourages passion and the pursuit of pleasure, like I usually see Sharess portrayed, but one that specifically emphasizes sexuality. I imagined that her vows would require her to never wear clothing or refuse sex, at least when possible (which would be most of the time, ideally... though how strict they are could vary depending on the needs of the game). This concept would probably work best in a relatively lighthearted game - it wouldn't have to be strictly comedy or anything, but one that doesn't have to take itself too seriously. As for mechanics, I imagined the character as a cleric, but paladin or monk could also work; I'd like to have a custom variation that fits the theme, maybe giving a bonus to AC and protection from the elements while unarmored and unclothed (some sex and seduction themed abilities would be nice too, though that would be more work).

Another I've had for even longer, also rather sexual, but potentially more serious... it was AD&D 2nd edition, I think, that had a Monster Manual entry for the werefox. They were portrayed as hedonistic, vain, and superhumanly beautiful, so much that many couldn't bear to hurt them and they were typically accompanied by fanatically loyal slaves. I'd like to play up the lustful aspects of the race (not that they'd need a lot of playing up) as a formerly shy woman who was infected with lycanthropy and finds herself struggling with the changes it brings to her body and mind, particularly a seemingly insatiable libido and unquenchable desire for more. This concept would probably need some homebrew too... some of the werefox's abilities in AD&D are probably too powerful to just carry over to a normal game, but I would like having some mechanical effect for their incredible beauty and the overwhelming lust they can inspire. If it helps, my character could be less powerful than a typical werefox, being relatively young and still growing into her new... talents. Some of it could be mostly portrayed through roleplaying, too.

Also, for both concepts, I should mention I'm not a fan of non-con at all... the first would share her body freely because she enjoys it, never just because an oath forces her to (though if it causes some entertaining trouble for the party, that's just fine). And if the second was able to enslave others, it would be more through inspiring lust strong enough drown out everything else than strict magical domination (though her beauty would hardly be natural or normal). And for the second, though she'd be a lycanthrope, I'd prefer her to be in human or near-human form most of the time... I'm not usually into playing furry characters (though things like animal ears are just fine, and if other characters went further, I wouldn't mind).

(And by "I wouldn't mind" I mean "I've wanted to get gangbanged by a pack of werewolves for ages".)

...Ahem. Anyway. Moving on, a few very basic concepts I've been wanting to try...

A chance to play a werewolf, kitsune, succubus, or nymph could be fun. That last one particularly if I could play up the sexual aspects of the race (I guess that goes for all of them, but I assume succubi are highly sexual by default, and that's the appeal of playing a nymph for me more than for the other two). None of them are default races, but I imagine it would be easy enough to adapt existing races or make new ones, and I can imagine the werewolf being a slightly modified barbarian (maybe with the transformation being tied to rage, giving natural weapons but allowing silver to bypass the damage resistance).

I also liked the old tantrist class... well, not the class in particular, but the idea of a character who draws magic power from sex. That would be easy enough to work into an existing class, I think, and could work with any of the above ideas too.

...I said "a couple of my ideas are rather sexual", but it looks like those are the first ones coming to mind... well, the races I mentioned wouldn't have to be, at least. I'll have to think over it and see what else I can come up with, too, since I know there are more (and more suited to other sorts of games).

There was an old 3.5 homebrew class that conjured up creatures from their dreams to fight, which was a concept I rather liked, though I can't remember what it was called and wouldn't have a clue how to adapt it...

Lycanthropes are hard, but I have a way to make them significantly more balanced; essentially, a character starting with a lycanthropic template would have a commensurately lower point-buy. For a werewolf, i'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 to 20 points, maybe even less. Let me do some math and figure out what the template is actually worth, and i'll give you a hard number. Fiends are a bit harder, but far from impossible - it'll just take me longer to make them playable in a semi-balanced way, unless some kind soul on the interwebs has already done the work for me. For a cleric of a sex goddess, i can whip up a Love/Lust/Sex domain with unarmored AC as a domain feature in about ten seconds flat.

A Tantrist-esque subclass can also be easily done if you want to go that route; i'm not kidding when i say I can make this stuff very easily, and have it be pretty damn close to perfectly balanced.

On the subject of non-con, nobody is going to push you into anything you aren't comfortable with, period. I don't tolerate that crap AT ALL.

Also, since it'll be important for your character concept, create me an interesting sex goddess for your first setting contribution :)

Quote from: Rajah on June 20, 2017, 02:16:50 PM
Stolen from the Ostheim Regulars game, under the label "rough sheet." It was a bit rough, so I modified it a little.

[center][b][u][size=16pt]Character Sheet[/size][/u][/b][/center]
[float=left][img height=300 padding=10]http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2dmllOIyX1qzdtsyo1_540.jpg[/img][/float][b][u]NAME[/u][/b]
[br][b]Race: [/b]
[b]Class (Level): [/b]
[b]Background:   [/b]
[b]Languages:[/b] 

[b]Proficiency Bonus:[/b] 

[br]
[b]Passive Perception | Passive Insight:[/b]  |

[b]Saving Throws[/b] Strength +X | Constitution +X | Dexterity +X | Intelligence +X | Wisdom +X | Charisma +X [i]Bold for Proficiency[/i]
[b]Armor Class: [/b]
[b]Initiative | Speed: [/b]  |
[b]Max Hit Points:[/b]
[b]Hit Dice:[/b]

[br]
[b][u]ATTRIBUTES[/u][/b]
Strength X | Constitution X | Dexterity X | Intelligence X | Wisdom X | Charisma X

[br]
[b][u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
[table][tr][td]Skill[/td][td]Attribute[/td][td]Attribute Bonus[/td][td]Proficiency?[/td][td]Total[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td][td]STR[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Acrobatics[/td][td]DEX[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Sleight of Hand[/td][td]DEX[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td][td]DEX[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Arcana[/td][td]INT[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/t[/b]r]
[tr][td]History[/td][td]INT[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Investigation[/td][td]INT[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nature[/td][td]INT[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Religion[/td][td]INT[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Animal Handling[/td][td]WIS[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Insight[/td][td]WIS[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Medicine[/td][td]WIS[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Perception[/td][td]WIS[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Survival[/td][td]WIS[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Deception[/td][td]CHA[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intimidation[/td][td]CHA[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Performance[/td][td]CHA[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Persuasion[/td][td]CHA[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

[b]Tool Proficiencies: [/b]

[b]Weapon Proficiencies:[/b]
[b]Armor Proficiencies:[/b]

[br]
[b][u]FEATURES[/u][/b]

[br]
[b][u]ADVENTURING GEAR[/u][/b]

[br]
[b][u]WEAPONS AND CANTRIPS[/u][/b]

[b]Weapon: [/b]
[b]Keywords | Range:[/b] |

[b]Attack Bonus:[/b]
[b]Damage | Type:[/b] |
[b]Other Effects:[/b]

[br]
[b][u]SPELLS[/u][/b]

[b]Spellcasting Ability: [/b]
[b]Spell Save DC: [/b]
[b]Spell Attack Bonus:[/b]

Sample Spell (Xth-level School)
[b]Range | Target:[/b] |
[b]Components:[/b]
[b]Casting Time | Duration:[/b] |
[b]Effects:[/b] [i]Just the need-to-know.[/i]

[br]
[b][u]BACKGROUND DETAILS[/u][/b]
[b]Personality Trait:[/b] Trait. [i]Elaborate[/i]
[b]Ideal:[/b] Trait. [i]Elaborate[/i]
[b]Bond:[/b] Trait. [i]Elaborate[/i]
[b]Flaw:[/b] Trait. [i]Elaborate[/i]

[br]
[b][u]PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION[/u][/b]
Gender, height, build, age, hair and skin and eyes, style of dress, voice and motion - the usual details.

I like this sheet. Comprehensive and detailed is a good thing for a D&D sheet; PM me your setting contribution.

Pink Kitten

I'd be super interested in joining as well :-) I've been bit by the DnD bug real hard recently, and I'm now involved in two RL 5e campaigns -- both of which I love, and can't get enough of, hah! So any chance there is to get a little bit more of it, I'm automatically intrigued ;-)

I also have a bunch of character concepts that are a bit -- risque? I mean, even if it's not exactly a smut-focused game, there are a lot of sexy or controversial themes which I find really interesting to explore but which are generally kept out of real-life games, for obvious (and very good) reasons. So, in a way I'd find it a bit of a waste to play on Elliquiy of all places and not at least flirt with some sexy themes; just because there won't be many chances to do so elsewhere!

One quick concept for now: I had a concept before of a young human girl who ends up getting charmed and trapped by a remarkably powerful nymph; a nymph princess, or an archnymph, if you will -- one who takes a liking to the girl and coerces her to form a pact, basically against her will, or at least under very dubious circumstances. So she ends up becoming a warlock, but one who is extremely unlike the stereotypical witch or crazed cultist: instead, she's a bright, social, happy, outgoing person, the most unlikely warlock you've ever seen. She's really unused to her new powers and struggling to come to terms with them, as well as having to answer to the will of her patron -- who, being a nymph, is ultimately an extremely sexual being, and the powers she grants all come from that source and carry that undertone, as does the life she expects her warlock to lead...

I'll post some other concepts later :-)

eternaldarkness

BOOYAH! Homebrewed Werewolf race that feels powerful and werewolf-y, without being completely broken.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=269543.new#new

THIS part is especially important:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Moon Madness. On nights of the full moon, you must make a Wisdom save with a DC of 13 or immediately transform into hybrid form and attack the nearest creature, continuing to attack and kill all living creatures until nothing remains alive, then moving on to find new prey. Each hour, you may roll a new Wis save to regain control for the night, but the DC rises by 1 each time until you succeed.

Of great import to Lycanthropes is the fact that Lore has three moons - Mateo, Atropia, and Larell - and thus has full moons four four consecutive nights every month, and for twenty-six consecutive nights during the last month of the year when one or all three moons show their faces for nearly an entire month. Only Mateo is visible to the planet every night; its sister moons move erratically around the planet and behind eachother so that they are not always visible. Each week except during the final month of the year, the DM will roll 1d6 - on a 5, two moons are visible for the entire week. On a six, all three are visible for the entire week. Werewolves who seek to avoid hurting friends and loved ones during the nights of the full moons quickly learn to read Moon Charts, which can be furnished by many druids, rangers and certain other individuals who know the natural cycles. Beware though - purchasing a moon chart can easily mark one as a werewolf, a chart is accurate for only one year, and they do not sell cheaply. Proficiency in Astronomer's Tools (50 GP, weight 5 lbs.) allows you to craft your own star charts. In addition, a tameblood draught can prevent transformation for one night (Cost 20 GP, can be crafted with Alchemist's tools or purchased from certain individuals knowledgeable of such things.)

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Pink Kitten on June 20, 2017, 04:58:17 PM
I'd be super interested in joining as well :-) I've been bit by the DnD bug real hard recently, and I'm now involved in two RL 5e campaigns -- both of which I love, and can't get enough of, hah! So any chance there is to get a little bit more of it, I'm automatically intrigued ;-)

I also have a bunch of character concepts that are a bit -- risque? I mean, even if it's not exactly a smut-focused game, there are a lot of sexy or controversial themes which I find really interesting to explore but which are generally kept out of real-life games, for obvious (and very good) reasons. So, in a way I'd find it a bit of a waste to play on Elliquiy of all places and not at least flirt with some sexy themes; just because there won't be many chances to do so elsewhere!

One quick concept for now: I had a concept before of a young human girl who ends up getting charmed and trapped by a remarkably powerful nymph; a nymph princess, or an archnymph, if you will -- one who takes a liking to the girl and coerces her to form a pact, basically against her will, or at least under very dubious circumstances. So she ends up becoming a warlock, but one who is extremely unlike the stereotypical witch or crazed cultist: instead, she's a bright, social, happy, outgoing person, the most unlikely warlock you've ever seen. She's really unused to her new powers and struggling to come to terms with them, as well as having to answer to the will of her patron -- who, being a nymph, is ultimately an extremely sexual being, and the powers she grants all come from that source and carry that undertone, as does the life she expects her warlock to lead...

I'll post some other concepts later :-)

Sounds good to me, and you just gave me an NPC to use. Nothing says a warlock has to be dark and broody, after all.

Revelation

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 20, 2017, 04:18:42 PM
Revised ranger is perfectly okay. I actually recommend the Conclave one, if that isn't the one you mean (there have been like 3 ranger revisions).

The one I was thinking of was the one with Beast master/Conclaves/Deep stalker as here: https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA_RevisedRanger.pdf which I believe is the final revised version.

CeruleanSerenity

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 20, 2017, 04:18:42 PM
Lycanthropes are hard, but I have a way to make them significantly more balanced; essentially, a character starting with a lycanthropic template would have a commensurately lower point-buy. For a werewolf, i'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 to 20 points, maybe even less. Let me do some math and figure out what the template is actually worth, and i'll give you a hard number. Fiends are a bit harder, but far from impossible - it'll just take me longer to make them playable in a semi-balanced way, unless some kind soul on the interwebs has already done the work for me. For a cleric of a sex goddess, i can whip up a Love/Lust/Sex domain with unarmored AC as a domain feature in about ten seconds flat.

A Tantrist-esque subclass can also be easily done if you want to go that route; i'm not kidding when i say I can make this stuff very easily, and have it be pretty damn close to perfectly balanced.

On the subject of non-con, nobody is going to push you into anything you aren't comfortable with, period. I don't tolerate that crap AT ALL.

Also, since it'll be important for your character concept, create me an interesting sex goddess for your first setting contribution :)
It sounds like my sex priestess concept would be the easiest to work with, so maybe I will go with that and write up her goddess like you asked... if other players would be okay with that, of course. And things can always be adjusted if there are problems.

I'm too tired tonight, though, and likely to be busy tomorrow... so I'm not sure how long it will take me. Hopefully I can get to it soon.

Kathyan

Hey Cerulean I was pondering the idea of going with a sex paladin myself, the oath of the ancients is my first thought but maybe a new oath could be homebrewed?

CeruleanSerenity

You could have a new Oath... I actually took a stab at writing something like that myself, once, though that was a while ago and I never finished it. I would be happy to help with writing one, though (and to have the company of your sex paladin, if I'll be playing my sex priestess).

I guess that's all ultimately be up to the DM, though.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on June 21, 2017, 02:15:18 AM
You could have a new Oath... I actually took a stab at writing something like that myself, once, though that was a while ago and I never finished it. I would be happy to help with writing one, though (and to have the company of your sex paladin, if I'll be playing my sex priestess).

I guess that's all ultimately be up to the DM, though.

A love/sex domain for a sex-oriented deity is easy, and i'll have it up in just a second. For the Paladin, there's no need to reinvent the wheel when WotC already did the work for me: Take the Oath of Redemption from this UA article here: https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAThreeSubclasses.pdf and just customize the oath tenets. I allow Paladins to make their own oath tenets anyway, and have always considered the book ones guidelines. Oath of Redemption even allows you to be an unarmored paladin :)

And now, i have a great idea: how do you guys feel about being a diplomatic party sent into hostile land/enemy territory to represent the Empire, or something like that? I can totally do intrigue and adventure, and this is shaping up to be a group perfect for it.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Kathyan on June 21, 2017, 02:42:44 AM
I hadn't pay attention to that one, actually I works pretty nice ^^

That's why i'm the man. I know these things :D

And because i'm ALL about not doing unnecessary work, the wayfarer's guild made a most excellent Love domain:

http://wayfarersguild.blogspot.com/2016/04/cleric-love-domain.html

CeruleanSerenity

I didn't know about that one either... but it does look like a good fit. I'd probably use that too, if I were going with a paladin.

I like the idea of being on a diplomatic mission, too. It sounds like it might work well for the characters we've seen so far, and would give plenty of opportunities for adventure.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on June 21, 2017, 02:58:04 AM
I didn't know about that one either... but it does look like a good fit. I'd probably use that too, if I were going with a paladin.

I like the idea of being on a diplomatic mission, too. It sounds like it might work well for the characters we've seen so far, and would give plenty of opportunities for adventure.

Sounds like that'd be the best way to go, and i already have ideas to make it fun.

If we all like the idea of a diplomatic mission, I have three recommendations:

-You are all a party sent from the Empire and Merchant Clans to broker a lasting peace with the Delvers, who are a subterranean fiend-worshipping society. The elven kingdoms are not okay with this; keep the peace and make some allies.

-You've all been sent to ensure a marriage between an Imperial prince or princess and an elven monarch. The Merchant clans take the opportunity to broker a more lucrative trade arrangement with the elves at the same time, and the Delvers take this as a chance to murder one or the other betrothed characters and cause chaos, strife and discord.

-A powerful Orc chieftan has allied with the giants and is trying to unite all the tribes and the other savage races under one banner, and is about to succeed. Your job is to either prevent this or make sure that if the alliance happens, they see the empire in a positive light and become allies. The Delvers are, of course, determined to muck it up and the merchant clans just wanna make that $$$.