Feychaser (Original fantasy freeform)

Started by Ontan, June 14, 2017, 09:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dys Astyr

Feychaser for Dakka. ;D Probably pesterng the sailors to explain the mechanics of their trade to her. XD
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

Ontan

Quick edit for clarity: Players with approved characters, please post in the OOC Thread  ;)

Wolfling72

Query? What God or Goddess grants healing spells?? Thanks bunches. (I gave in and am even now working on a thing)
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

A Painter

Quote from: Wolfling72 on July 10, 2017, 12:28:07 AM
Query? What God or Goddess grants healing spells?? Thanks bunches. (I gave in and am even now working on a thing)
If you can't wait for Otan to answer you can also make up your own deity for your character to worship ;D It's allowed in the rules. The god of thieves was one HangedMan cooked up himself.

Ontan

Quote from: Wolfling72 on July 10, 2017, 12:28:07 AM

Given that it's a fairly common theme for a fantasy deity, I deliberately left that blank so that players could make one of their own. Feel free to do so! It's basically a first come, first serve basis to pad out the pantheon.

Speaking of all things godly, another pro-Cull goddess has wandered into the worldbuilding thread. Gwinarip is the diety of truth, justice, and duty, though she also embodies most tribal concepts of honour.

Addendum: Seeing as it's a core part of cleric archetypes, I'll say that all deities can provide basic healing magic in a manner befitting their domain (Baelner clerics could cauterize wounds, Tassimela has semi-vampiric spells that function like a blood transfusion, and so on). However, if you wanted to make a specific healing god(dess), their spells would be much more refined and generally have fewer drawbacks (on both the caster and the patient).

Wolfling72

Quote from: Ontan on July 10, 2017, 01:29:41 AM
Given that it's a fairly common theme for a fantasy deity, I deliberately left that blank so that players could make one of their own. Feel free to do so! It's basically a first come, first serve basis to pad out the pantheon.

Speaking of all things godly, another pro-Cull goddess has wandered into the worldbuilding thread. Gwinarip is the diety of truth, justice, and duty, though she also embodies most tribal concepts of honour.

Addendum: Seeing as it's a core part of cleric archetypes, I'll say that all deities can provide basic healing magic in a manner befitting their domain (Baelner clerics could cauterize wounds, Tassimela has semi-vampiric spells that function like a blood transfusion, and so on). However, if you wanted to make a specific healing god(dess), their spells would be much more refined and generally have fewer drawbacks (on both the caster and the patient).

Ach! Thank you ever so much!! I have most of her finished. Will send her along for you to peruse at some point today.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Ontan on July 09, 2017, 09:47:14 PM
Quick edit for clarity: Players with approved characters, please post in the OOC Thread  ;)

Where dat OOC thread at

Ontan

It's linked in the GM update, and also on the front page (along with other game links).

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Ontan on July 10, 2017, 06:48:27 AM
It's linked in the GM update, and also on the front page (along with other game links).

O shiiiiiiii

*goes to OOC thread*

Chronoclasm

Look! Look everybody! I made this!!
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

Dys Astyr

Giantmutantcrab

Welcome aboard, Ungu!

Poor guy. I wanna give him a big hug.

Dys Astyr

A Painter

Now I wish I made a character who was genuinely nice so Un'gulachshay could get the love he deserves!

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: A Painter on July 11, 2017, 11:17:57 AM
Now I wish I made a character who was genuinely nice so Un'gulachshay could get the love he deserves!

Folks, I just got an idea.

Linara's character is rummaging through a cabin to get some food. She gets surprised by Un'gulachshay who just wanted to stop by and say hello. She runs off, surprising Dakka who was teaching basic science to Lugg and Björn. Lyna rolls her eyes at the whole scene so much she can see her own brain.

And the blind warrior? Well...

He didn't see any of that coming, did he?

https://www.myinstants.com/instant/yeah/

Dys Astyr

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on July 11, 2017, 11:22:03 AM
Folks, I just got an idea.

Linara's character is rummaging through a cabin to get some food. She gets surprised by Un'gulachshay who just wanted to stop by and say hello. She runs off, surprising Dakka who was teaching basic science to Lugg and Björn. Lyna rolls her eyes at the whole scene so much she can see her own brain.

And the blind warrior? Well...

He didn't see any of that coming, did he?

https://www.myinstants.com/instant/yeah/

Slowly succumbs to hysterical giggling and wheezing for breath Ye gods yes! A masterwork of a scene that would make Shakespeare himself quiver with envy.

Especially if the scene ends with a sailor screaming yeah because he has just won a round of dice yet also perfectly punctuating the amazing piece of literary drama.

TheHangedOne

Just stares at everyone.

...What have I gotten myself into..?

More seriously, Caecus will probably get along quite well with the Homunculus.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Giantmutantcrab

Dys Astyr

This story is dangerous to my health. I just know that I am going to be drinking something and checking this thread and then burst into laughter and drown sitting in front of my computer. XD

Giantmutantcrab

BanalWhimsy

Hello everybody! A friend and I were wondering if there were still openings for 2 more characters, as we'd be interested in joining. We're relatively new to roleplay, so if you'd rather us not join due to that or there being too many people already, or any other reason really we understand.

Zordom

Hi! I am said friend of Whimsy, we just got approved and thought that this looks really cool! :D

Giantmutantcrab

Banal, Zordom, welcome!

The GameMaster is Ontan. You two can PM him for ideas and suggestions for characters. As of right now I think Ontan wanted around 6 to 10 players, so you seem to be in the sweet spot.

The rules are fairly open and easy to understand. I would suggest that you go to the first page of this thread and check out Ontan's rules, as well as the current information on the world.

Then it's just a question of creating characters and submitting them to him. Don't feel bad or anything if he asks you to change a few things or tweak some details. That's how a proper group is created.

And welcome to E. I am Giantmutantcrab, usually called GMC. A pleasure to meet both of you.

Chronoclasm

Don't make too many plans for Un'gulachshay! He hasn't been approved just yet. :P

Though if he does join in the adventure, I have a feeling your characters are going to like him less than you do! ;D Or at least, you know, dislike the idea of being left alone in the same room with him.

I liked the picture of Un'gul on a boat. Just look at that bright smile. He's such a lady killer.

... oops. Phrasing.

If it wasn't already obvious, Nosferatu was definitely the "image" I was going with when envisioning Un'gulachshay.
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

Ontan

Wolfling: D'Nez is approved! ... But you probably already knew that. Really, I'm saying this for the benefit of everyone else, so they know there's a new addition to the character thread.

Chronoclasm: PM'd! Un'gulachshay is also approved! Thanks for those changes.

BanalWhimsy & Zordom: Welcome to the forums! As GMC said, there are still a few spots left, so feel free to send in a character sheet.