Hogwarts; A Future presents ... The Junior Wizarding Academy

Started by Kendra, May 10, 2013, 04:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

I know once I knew I was approved I started looking over the sheets and poking people for BG links and connections. You can work out, friends, rivals, love interests and so forth. That way when you start play you already have people to bounce off of.

I know I am always open to more BG links and rp goodness so anyone can feel free to poke me about them. My girly for JWA is Elizabetha Devaro feel free to check her out on the JWA wiki.

Silver

*peeks in quietly and gives a wave to those thinking about joining the game*
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Josietta

Quote from: Kokaine on May 12, 2013, 11:08:02 AM
Don't be shy! There's plenty of RP to go around!

Some of us are a bit addicted *cough* >.>

I had to double take on that.. I could have sworn it said a bit NAKED.. I was about to get the camera equipment rolling  ;D

Come on in and join the chaos!!  I have a girlie in the mix also.. 

Bren is a musician/sporty/easy going muggleborn California-Mexican girl (moved to London an early age but frequents the states on holidays) who just likes to hang out and have fun.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Kendra

Quote from: Ty on May 12, 2013, 03:20:57 PM
A character hook, is what I meant. Relations, friends, rivals. Just something to connect him to the world, and make the creation process less of a cold start. We will all (barring exceptions for awesome ideas) have been at the school for the last few years, am I right?

the ladies have been awesome in answering this, so here's just a little bit more ...

There are 6 years at the JWA, so many of the students he would know, the odd one possibly not.
The seniors are segregated into their own area pretty much within the school - the map is on the JWA wiki page and should now be very concerned about sitting their OWLs in early June.
As DF said, just create the skeleton of your character at the moment. Look at some of the sheets already on the JWA wiki, these were all created without
prior friendships created.

Once you're approved - all manner of relationships can be sorted out in the OOC or via pm.

if your character is interested in quidditch ... though the JWA doesn't have its own team, there is the World Cup and the National Leagues.
This is some general information we have in game regarding the world cup - World Cup Quidditch Series and information regarding brooms in game.
The very last broom on the list is brand new and only came on the market for sale in January of 2013. People had to sign in their own blood to reserve one. They are the fastest and most expensive brooms out there.

if your character is into music -- then here is a list of wizarding music - we have a device known as a Wrockpod on which students can listen to wizarding and muggle music. It projects like a small hologram image on top of the pod if the person wishes to view it this way or just leave it in their pocket and listen with their headphones. Muggle music can't be projected only wizarding music and all gets magically charmed onto the device in any music store. Information that would have filtered down to the JWA is that Veritas Sourberry played at Hogwarts for the Halloween Feast and that James Blackwood from Nox is a Gryffindor and Kirichou Hanyama aka Blade Lee lead vocals with UnicornX is now attending Hogwarts.

There's the chess club, quaf ball, the drama club and the art club all at the JWA that he could be part of and that will give him an opening to have more relationships - whether good or bad ;)

hope this helps.

K

Kendra

Also if wishing to have a parent work in the ministry, the list of departments can be found --> HERE

Amelita

So happy to see JWA happening! This game is pretty much all I do on E xD I'm legitimately addicted! So much fun. Can't wait for new plotting victims people to play with!

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

minerva7790

I've been spending the past few days exploring around this game. It seems like you have built a very elaborate game here. If it's alright, I think I may join this... :X
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Kendra

we'd love to have you minerva, can't wait to see your character concept.

;)

apygoos

Skylar is in this and ready to roll, cant wait to see other classmates that will join Skylar in his attempts at adventure!

Zealously Jaded

For anyone who's having second thoughts this is not a Harry Potter story, it uses the setting, possible a few teachers but everything else is updated! So come have a look talk a few regulars, I swear we don't bite...except the ferrets!

Flower

Still working out family relationships with Josikins. However, he is going to be Nik's cousin.

Character Basics:
Character Creator: Dancing Flower
Name: Alexei Veselovsky
Nicknames: None
Birthdate: May 15, 1996
Birthplace: Moscow, Russia
Home town: London
Bloodstatus: Muggleborn
School: Junior Wizarding Academy
Boggart: More than anything else, Alexei can't stand clowns (Don't ask about it).
Likes: His scooter, Italian food, Accents, Horror films, Redheads, Quidditch, poetry
Dislikes: Not having a car, talkative girls, not having a wand, Circuses (Don't ask), his ears

Favourite colour: None
Favourite Food: Lasagna and Jalapeno Poppers
Favourite Season: Summer
Favourite Hobby: Soccer
Favourite Clothing: Sweatpants, Hoodies
Favourite school subject: History of magic
Favourite Professor: Professor Jessica Crosswell

Family Pets: His mother's mean dog, Tito

Appearance:
Hair: Black
Eyes: Grey
Weight: 145
Height: 5'9

Personality: Alexei has always been a bit more on the quieter side although this is not from shyness. It was always from his belief that it was better to let those around him talk so he could figure out their strengths or weaknesses. His father always taught him it was easy to figure out someone's self-worth by how they talked to other people. Around his friends, he is always up for hanging out, whether if its in the garage playing video games, playing sports, or hitting up the clubs. Alexei has been gifted with having photographic memory so it has made passing his studies a breeze. However, it can be said that his memory has limited space so it is easy for him to forget some things unless it is put into practice often.

A Little Deeper:

Alexei is the oldest and only boy of three children, born to Daniel and Tia. His two younger sisters have not displayed any magical talent. His mother always had dreams of becoming a teacher but could not pass the college courses while his father always wanted to own a business. Life became hard in Russia so his parents moved around the time Alexei was two years old. For this reason, they opened up a cafe, which satisfied a mixture of their dreams. Their cafe is known for its reasonable prices, good music, and friday night poetry slams. When he was younger, Alexei always loved being able to sit on the laps of people who proclaimed themselves the best writers or lyricist. He enjoyed hearing their stories but often learned more from their failures. His mother was pure of heart so their house often had guest who needed a leg up a spare couch. The cafe although popular did not help the family live comfortably. Owning a business is expensive. However, his parents always tried to make sure their children had what was necessary. To help earn extra cash, Alexei picked up a side job during school hours, writing papers for students who were too lazy or stupid to get the assignments done themselves.

Alexei came into his magical abilities when he was six years. Apparently, he really wanted that piece of candy from behind the glass. Thankfully, his mother and father were accepting of his abilities. Encouraging him rather than making him feel like an abnormally. At first, his parents had him tested to see if he was some type of secret genius but after Alexei completely bombed the test, they simply decided their son was special but not everyone needed to know about it. So they kept their son's gifts a secret from friends, family, and most importantly the government since they had seen and heard one too many stories of gifted children turning into psychos later in life after enduring test after test. It was not until they found out another family member, Nick, experienced the same change did his parents become more open with only Nick's parents about their son's condition. This did not bother Alexei too much since the silent beckoning of the candy bar in the store had been a mistake and took too much mental effort for his untrained mind. After that, there was no more accidents.

The family had almost managed to forget about the incident when a reminder arrived on top of their mailbox in the form of an owl. When they received a letter regarding his invitation to attend Junior Wizarding Academy, his parents were more excited than him. At first, he thought it was a joke until his parents explained the incident from his youth. At first the idea of being a wizard caused his head to inflate. At first, he thought he was going to be like Merlin with a huge staff or maybe like some of the superheroes he'd seen in cartoons when he was younger. Upon arrival into Junior Wizarding Academy on his first day of school within the first year, he was sorely disappointed. Not only was he not getting a staff but he had to wait to get a fucking wand too.

Family:

Father
Name: Daniel Veselovsky
Bloodstatus: Muggle
Marital Status: Married
Mother
Name: Tia Veselovsky
Bloodstatus: Muggleborn
Marital Status: Married

Sisters
Dina, muggle, six years old
Lizavea, muggle, eight years old

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Josietta

Nik will be happy to torment him once he does arrive at Hoggies. ;D   Have the whole Quidditch team initiate him even if he gets stuck somewhere other than Gryffindor  >:)

Bren loves his accent and would just be happy to stand nearby and listen to him chat. :D  She can totally be a quiet girl if the need arises. >.>

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Flower

Quote from: LovesReading2 on May 13, 2013, 09:37:52 PM
He looks brilliant Flower! Great job as always

;D

Lol hopefully I won't disappoint. Writing males is always a struggle. xD

Quote from: Josietta on May 14, 2013, 12:04:42 AM
Nik will be happy to torment him once he does arrive at Hoggies. ;D   Have the whole Quidditch team initiate him even if he gets stuck somewhere other than Gryffindor  >:)

Bren loves his accent and would just be happy to stand nearby and listen to him chat. :D  She can totally be a quiet girl if the need arises. >.>

Thanks again, Josi, for letting him be Nik's cousin. It would be neat if he was a Gryffindor. Lol all these families in the same house. :)

Alexei approves of Bren's love for accents and movies ;) Do they have something similar to dollar theater shows in London?

Ty

Do you mean like, second run cinemas? They aren't really a thing in the UK, but if anywhere has them, London will.

Flower

Lol yes, that is what I meant. Yay! I just wanted to make sure. xD

Kendra

there's actually only one in London.

The Prince Charles Cinema is unique in that it’s the only second-run cinema in London ;)

Flower

Ty

Aha. Surprising that there is only one. I think there's one in Oxford too. Plus of course, various fan groups and student cinemas can get the equipment and films to show, without being a public business.

Currently working on a character sheet now, or at least a draft for the GMs to tell me to fix up.

Mithlomwen

I'm going to see if I can give this a try.  I spent the entire weekend watching the HP movies, and now I have an 'itch' to play something. 

* Mithlomwen can't believe she let Kendra talk her into this.....
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Aiden

Well if it makes you feel better, we have a 4t year ravenclaw using Jared Leto's image. She can have a crush on him when she gets to Hogwarts  :P

Ty

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Aiden on May 14, 2013, 11:34:37 AM
Well if it makes you feel better, we have a 4t year ravenclaw using Jared Leto's image. She can have a crush on him when she gets to Hogwarts  :P

Jared!  *squeals* 

Baby steps, Aiden.  Baby steps.  *laugh*  I'm a group game novice here. 

Quote from: Ty on May 14, 2013, 11:35:54 AM
Heya Mith! It'll be fun. I promise.

Ty!  ;D  I hope so.  But with you here, I have a feeling I'm gonna be in trouble.  ;)
Baby, it's all I know,

Ty

Oh, a bit of trouble is inevitable, I'd think. Though tamer than usual until the kids get to college, hmm? *winks*

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Ty on May 14, 2013, 11:48:07 AM
Oh, a bit of trouble is inevitable, I'd think.

Especially where you are concerned. 

*giggles and flees* 
Baby, it's all I know,