Dragons, Fire, and a Pantheon? Tell me more!

Started by Diablos97, May 18, 2010, 03:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diablos97

I've had this idea for a story for..man, YEARS. Something I'd love to have someone (ANYONE) join me for. Can be solo, can be group, I don't care. If you reply, let me know if you prefer one-on-one, or okay with group.

::::The Plot!::::

This is the basic idea: In an alternate universe of magic, ever-changing landscapes, and pure fantasy was a god. This god had his own followers, and good many of them. It was debated that he had half the population following him, but it was never truly known. Doubted, even. This god had a power many did not, which was to travel dimensions. He would come and go, and bring happiness to his followers with items or proof of other places. Even gifted them with pleasures from such places, such as chocolates or even coffee!

Until one day. His followers stopped believing in him. Did not give their love, their prayers, or even their energy anymore. They found someone better. Someone that gave them powers if called upon; blessings of health, youth, and simple peace. No longer was this god needed to please them, to force them to wait for gifts of fancy. They knew these other dimensions, other WORLDS, existed and no longer needed satisfaction of that. Now, they needed miracles for sickness, and peace in their dailies lives.

The old god was feeling weak, powerless, and helpless against this new faith. He could feel himself slipping away...but he did not die. Oh no. He had one follower left. One man, who visited at the god's temple that was not destroyed, out in the harsh desert. He was a believer..and would bring back the wrath of a god worthy of a name: The Beast. The Beast would make the people FEAR him! Entrap their souls into his power, feed on their fearful prayers of mercy and life. HE WOULD...

Until he would be broken, and cast into another world where he'd have no power. There, broken and trapped, he would slowly lose his power, and his strength. There...he would die. Or would he?

He heard whispers of the Dragons, who controlled the Earth. Heard whispers of the Faith that hurt him..the Phoenix, that gave life and faith.

He heard, and knew, VENGEANCE.

----My part----

I will play The Beast God in the story. I will also direct the story as needed, but am open to ideas! Criticisms, ideas for change, anything, PM me and let me know.

----Your Part----

You will get to play the hero(s) and/or the follower (at least at the beginning)! The story will take place when the god is dying, and his sole hope comes to his aid, and will go from there.

---What to do?---

PM me! The RP has started.

The Story Begins here.
- Sir Kata

*My Ons and Offs

Lilium

Ooo I'm liking this.  :D  I've got a quiet, ambitious fellow in mind for the Follower, if I could play him?  I would be happy with either a one-on-one or group RP.  Group would be more interesting, but you never know if someone might drop out in the middle.  We could always just kill them off though. *shrug*  What would you prefer?

Diablos97

Doesn't matter to me. They can join later on even, if they want.
- Sir Kata

*My Ons and Offs

Rhedyn

Sounds interesting... I would quite like to play a mercenary character who isn't all that fussed about the 'quest' she is hired to do only that it pays well. She's quite greedy so a token payment plus the promise of further payment in some form or another would be ample as work has been scarce... that is if that sounds workable to you...?

Diablos97

Quote from: Rhedyn on May 19, 2010, 01:57:00 PMSounds interesting... I would quite like to play a mercenary character who isn't all that fussed about the 'quest' she is hired to do only that it pays well. She's quite greedy so a token payment plus the promise of further payment in some form or another would be ample as work has been scarce... that is if that sounds workable to you...?
Sure. I posted the link to the story start above, feel free to post. :)
- Sir Kata

*My Ons and Offs

Lilium

Alright, I'll starting writing in the next few minutes, whenever this stomach ache goes away.  Dx 
Does your mercenary come in later, Rhedyn, or can I start out with my guy mentioning he has company, and then you post after me?  I'm sure my guy has planned ahead for this.

Rhedyn

If it's the sort of thing your guy would have planned for then by all means mention me  :-) I don't mind either way.

Lilium

I worked it in, I believe. And sorry I assumed she has a horse. If you hadn't planned on that for her we'll say Diran bought one for her as pre-payment.

Let me know if I ever go astray from what things should look like, Diablos.  And forgive any typos or mistakes, I can't edit til I'm accepted.

Rhedyn

That's fine, I would have given her a horse anyway  :-)

Sorry guys, my post has double posted... I think it was down to the system going down earlier right around when I posted. As I'm still unapproved I can't delete one of them or edit it so if either of you can I'd appreciate it.

Kaiser Maverick

nt mind attemping to be the hero.Just explain to me what I gotta do

Diablos97

Read the story so far. How will he fit in?

To save trouble, the hero doesn't exist yet until the God is broken, bound into pieces, and cast off. A catalyst will occur with a short scene in a celestial world, one of the segments is free and causes trouble. Are you wanting to make him then, or not until the other world?

Right now, the God is about to visit a village to terrorize the inhabitants. Did you want to play the one who escaped, informing a group of priests of His return and leading them to find Him?

In the meantime, describe who your character is as a person. For example if he is a chosen hero, how does he prove himself capable?
- Sir Kata

*My Ons and Offs