A War for the Modern Ages Reboot (Fate/Stay Night Anime Game)

Started by Tokyorose627, November 08, 2017, 11:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyorose627

Unlike the stories of books and movies, the existence of magicks, of all kinds, has always existed. Unknown to those who believe not, families have been tangled within the roots of magicks since the earliest days of speaking and writing, with the likes of Kings and Monarchs holding the greatest sources, while the masses had their on ability to rely on, along with the materials they had available. Centuries over centuries, magicks have been used for every day life, but then came a time, a day in age where selfish individuals began to use their power for their own needs. With the power hungry individuals of Crown, who had wealth and power at their side, and the liberating heroism that shrouded over the resistance of Chalice, their war began. Power, wealth, status, it all began to crumble under the year-long wars that raged, and in that instance, an idea struck within the confines of both opposing sides. By gathering items of deceased soldiers, of healers, of magic users, they could be brought back. To fuel a never-ending war, both sides of the fight began to bring back the dead, of heroic warriors and malicious villains to fuel the fire of war.

Death and famine plagued all lands, with the population dropping with every day, with lives lost and families being torn apart from the onslaught of murder and glory. The war for power could no longer last, and with a final push in the 1700s against the resistance, Crown had fallen, retreating to the shadows to admit defeat. With Crown retreating, Chalice was able to take the upper hand and rid lands of remaining forces, allowing the group to bring peace wherever they could. However, the bloodshed and tears, it couldn't be painted in the history books, no matter how gruesome and foul. As a sentence for such loss of life, and to restore whatever peace they could befit onto the world, the most skilled and experienced mages created a spell of known as "Afterthought"; the effects would remove the war, and all those who had died, from the minds of every human, every non-magic user. In exchange, the magic users who had participated in the world would be forced to remember the atrocities of their time, for as long as they lived, and when the time came that the spell would fade, when the war began once more.

With this spell in hand, the magic users, and the allies that they had summoned, continued to work together, behind closed doors, to ensure the war not continue. However as time passed, numbers began to dwindle on both sides, and with no true steps towards re-igniting the war, the sides have been at a stand still, with the summoned being called back to the beyond, and the war ever waiting to continue...

Now I need modern day Japan, the stirrings of magicks are once again in the air, but not of the common folk.

No...it’s the war; it calls back, for a victory to finally be won.

--------------

This game would be a Freeform Modern/Fantasy type setting, with elements of magic and sorcery added into the mix.

Since I am basing this off of the Fate anime series, the RP will include elements of the show. Such as an example, each player will be allowed to call forth their own hero to partner with them to help either fight, or help instigate, the war.

For this to work however, and to make sure everyone is able to participate and have a partner, each player shall make both a Summoner, and a Partner. Doing this doesn't necessarily mean that you will use both, but it's just a pre-caution so other may have a chance to claim someone for their character to partner up with.

Summoning:

How this will work is a Magic User can summon any type of hero, or villain, if they have the right incantation, and the item of said individual. If you wish to summon someone like King Arthur, then you would need to have some piece of him, or something that would mention him; anything from a piece of armor, to a book, or scroll. Vice versa with any sort of fairy-tale being, and the like. You must have some of person that you wish to summon as a partner, or your summoning would end up with someone random.

No one would be limited to having only heroes on one side, and villains on the other however. You could have heroes fighting to help Crown, while villains could be working in the shadow to help the resistance of Chalice. It all depends on what you come up with, and what you will think make the story more interesting.

Once summoned, the Magic user, and the summoned individual, will form a contract, that no matter what, they will fight, and work together, until either of them perish from the world from any means.

Summoners:

Summoners are the individuals that summon their partners to help aid in the war, yet they cannot simply be any normal person. They have to have some amount of magic potential, no matter how large or small. From experienced Wizards from generations of history, to a first time user that's trying to get their feet wet, only people with magic potential can summon, and of course, use magic to help aid in the fight.

As well, since this is in the modern age, these individuals can be anyone; a classmate, a lawyer, a wealthy individual within the corporate world; it all depends on what you come up with as a player.

Rules:

1. If there is any issues regarding a particular player or a scene where people cannot seem to agree, PM me and I will handle it. I want everyone to have fun, and fights and disagreements can easily be solved, to an extent.

2. You will give each and every person that same respect that you wish to be treated as. No harsh words regarding people, or making fun of others for something that they said or did in game. If you aren’t going to respect others, then you can’t be in this game.

3. Since this is an anime game, I want people to use anime pics for their character! I’m a bit of a stickler for continuity, and since we are basing this off of an anime, I would like everyone to use an anime pic. RL pics in an anime game just don’t do well for me because it takes the whole experience out when you see an RL pic mixed together with anime pics. If you need help ask others, or myself even, but this is something that I have to stress because I can never really seem to get my head wrapped around it. If you ABSOLUTELY can’t find anything, then we can come to an agreement, but for now, please use anime pics.

4. Grammar, this is a big thing for me as well! Grammar is something that is super important to me because if it’s bad, it can take RPers out of an experience by seeing grammatical errors, or run on sentences that don’t seem to have an end. Please make sure to check your grammar in posts, and if you need help, feel free to ask myself or others.

5. No god-modding. I can’t stress this enough but if you have a plan for a character or wish to do a certain scene and you control another persons character without asking, it’s gonna be bad news. You have to ask permission from th either user before you can perform any such actions that would involve two characters for a plan. As well, no automatically landing hits or attacks, simply because you need to give the other user the chance to react to your post and what has happened in said post. It wouldn’t be fair if someone were to control your character in game right when you had a reaction planned, now would it?
—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�

Class List

(Note: Only two per class is allowed.)

Saber:

Archer:

Lancer:

Caster:

Assassin:

Berserker:

Rider:

—�—�—�—�—�—�—�

Please PM all Master and Servant Applications

Master Application

[float=left][img height=300][/img][/float]

Name(s): Names, Nicknames, Titles

Height: cm

Weight: kg

Birthday: dd/mm/yy

Nationality: Where they were born or what country are they affiliated with.

Personality: What are they like?

Appearance: This is what your character looks like exactly, unless stated otherwise.

Casual clothes: What do they wear when they got out normally, while not on missions?

Crown or Chalice?:

Title: (Your title within Chalice, i.e. Rook, Knight, Pawn, etc.)

Objective for the War: Do they simply want to save others, or spread chaos? Do they have their own agenda for the war?

Partner: (Their alias is based of what type of weapon they use, or what kind of fighter they are. I.E: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Caster, Assassin, Rider, Berserker)

True Name: Who were they in their past life?

How did you acquire summoning them?: How did you get the materials to Summon them?

Knowledge of the War: Are they new to the war? Have they heard of it?

Biography: Character wise, what have they done in their life leading up to this point?

Family History: family and who they are

Quality of Magic Circuits: These area pseudo nervous system within a magic users body; the magic circuits are what help a magic user use their magic. What quality are they in? Novice? Intermediate?

Magic Circuit Switch: (What activates your magic circuits to use for practice, or in battle. For example, Tohsaka Rin activates hers through the sound of stabbing herself in her heart. Emotions and feelings such as pain or sexual arousal also work)

Prana Tank: A-E. How much prana you can store. Rank A are the highest, E is the lowest.

Master’s Decrees: These are seals that allow you to give a command to your partner; whatever you wish, they will follow with it. Remember, you have to give specific instruction, no vague words. What does the seal look like? Where is it located on your body?

Magecraft: What magic does your character know? Elemental magic, witchcraft, etc.

Mystic Codes: A tool that a magus uses to store their spells and magical knowledge into as a second source. Can be a weapon, or something with limited uses, like jewels or marbles.

Non-Magecraft Related Skills:

Fluff: Skills that don't affect the RP. Cooking, cleaning, can do handstands.

Utility: Mechanical skills like construction, disassembling a gun, modifying a car (Limit of 3)

Combat: Fighting skills marksmanship, hand to hand, karate (Limit to three, up to three need consistent background information)

Voice: Who do they sound like? If you don’t have any examples, you may put “N/A”. Video and audio clips are fine!

Extra: Anything you would like us to know about them?

Servant Application

[float=left][img height=300][/img][/float]

Name:

Title: What were they called in their past life?

Class: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Assassin, Caster, Berserker

Birth and Death Dates: Approximate if there isn't a definitive one.

Height: cm

Weight: kg

Personality: Feel free to fill in as you like

Appearance: This is what your character looks like; describe armor if they wear any. Unless stated, pictures will be what your character looks like, exactly.

Casual clothes: What do they wear in plain sight, when not in battle?

Weapon: What do they use to fight?

Class Skills: What skills does your character have? Can they sword fight? Can they use high ranking magical abilities?

Bio: Heroic Spirit's biography. If you're too lazy to write one use Wikipedia or another website for this, but this is your Servant's legend.

Personal Skills: Certain abilities a Heroic Spirit may have, such as Charisma, Artistic
Talent, etc. Keep close to the legend. Three maximum.

Miracle Title: (This ability is used when a Servant and their Master are fully linked, connected to one another by mana at full power. With a burst of mana from the Master, the servant has a ultimate ability that they can use only once. Depending on the Masters Prana Tank, the Miracle can be weak or strong, no matter its effects. After however, the Master will have minimal amounts of mana, and will be in a weakened state.)

Type of Miracle: Healing? Attacking? Defensive?

Description: What does it do?

Voice: Who do they sound like? If you don’t have any examples, you may put “N/A”. Video and audio clips are fine to add!

Extra: Anything you would like us to know about them?

—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�

Revelation

Very interested! Are summons limited to historical/mythological figures ala Fate?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Changingsaint on November 08, 2017, 08:10:34 PM
Very interested! Are summons limited to historical/mythological figures ala Fate?

Nah, you can have figures from history, like Hans Christian Anderson, or from stories if you would even like! I made a servant for a Fate game awhile back where she was Odette, from Swan Lake! Let your mind be creative in coming up with something!

All in all, I would be the one to accept or deny it, but even if I denied it, I would help people to fix it to make it acceptable. :D

Though, I’m curious, what were you thinking about in terms of a Summon?

Revelation

I'm not sure on summon just yet. I have some ideas in mind - but nothing concrete just yet, really.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Changingsaint on November 08, 2017, 08:21:55 PM
I'm not sure on summon just yet. I have some ideas in mind - but nothing concrete just yet, really.

That’s ok! I was just curious. :3

But yes, it’s ala Fate series style, in regards to what kind of summons you can achieve!

pdragon

I was wondering if there was a possibility of "original" summons. From what I can tell this takes place in an alternate history where a huge war happened, so I imagine the mages involved in said war would probably be considered appealing candidates to bring back as summons, despite the fact that they're not historical or famous figures in our world I imagine they would be historical figures in this setting.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Tokyorose627

Quote from: pdragon on November 08, 2017, 09:09:05 PM
I was wondering if there was a possibility of "original" summons. From what I can tell this takes place in an alternate history where a huge war happened, so I imagine the mages involved in said war would probably be considered appealing candidates to bring back as summons, despite the fact that they're not historical or famous figures in our world I imagine they would be historical figures in this setting.

That would be an interesting idea, however in this game magic is in secret, much like the Fate universe. Users that have used magic have kept in the shadows, fighting the war in secret. When the war ended, the “After-thought” took to affect, wiping the war from humans’ memories. By the time the war comes back up and resumes after someone begins summoning again, all of the individuals that had been apart of the war (humans wise that can’t use magic) have passed away, making it that individuals that are only versed in magic, families that passed down this knowledge of magic and the war, are the only ones that know of this incident.

Regardless, the figures that fought in the war (magic users wise), would only be known to magic users. It could be a possibility, but it would need to go by me first, and I would need a huge backstory to your character that you are using, PLUS a huge backstory as to who the servant is. I’ll think about it, but it may not be a possibility depending.

I won’t be sure until I get more interest and see exactly what I’m working with.

pdragon

Alright, that's fair enough. And yeah I figured they'd only be known amongst the magic users themselves, but at the same time they don't really have to be known by normal humans since the magic users are the ones summoning them. I only bring it up because I had a few different ideas for summons but I didn't want to try to shoe horn them onto a well known figure just for the sake of it if I couldn't find one that fit right.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Tokyorose627

Quote from: pdragon on November 08, 2017, 09:25:30 PM
Alright, that's fair enough. And yeah I figured they'd only be known amongst the magic users themselves, but at the same time they don't really have to be known by normal humans since the magic users are the ones summoning them. I only bring it up because I had a few different ideas for summons but I didn't want to try to shoe horn them onto a well known figure just for the sake of it if I couldn't find one that fit right.

It’s ok; I’ll have the idea on the back burner until I get more interest. From there I’ll make a decision.

Marie Reynolds

Well me just Watching Fate Apocrypha , has me interested in Joining!  Hmm, I think as a Servant I would bring Hajime Saito of The Shinsengumi! Not sure if he would be neutral or the Anti hero of  the Chalice Team.

Hmm for the  Summoner not sure what I would bring but I  will think of something tomorrow after work!

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on November 08, 2017, 09:44:44 PM
Well me just Watching Fate Apocrypha , has me interested in Joining!  Hmm, I think as a Servant I would bring Hajime Saito of The Shinsengumi! Not sure if he would be neutral or the Anti hero of  the Chalice Team.

Hmm for the  Summoner not sure what I would bring but I  will think of something tomorrow after work!

Well for now it’s an interest check. I haven’t figured or given everything away yet because I don’t know I’f I’ll have enough players or interst for this. For now you can put you are interested, but until I see enough players, we will have to wait a bit.

Revelation

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on November 08, 2017, 09:44:44 PM

Ironically, fate/grand order in the US has an event going on for a Shinsengumi member. Okita,

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Changingsaint on November 08, 2017, 10:01:40 PM
Ironically, fate/grand order in the US has an event going on for a Shinsengumi member. Okita,

Yeah it does! I’m re-watching Fate/Zero right now.

I’m gonna make a rules list soon, but fo now I’ll continue to see about interest.

BlackStone

Very interested.  I had pitched an extremely similar concept in looking for GM where this iteration of the Grail War would take place in 2040 and would be for the Spear of Destiny instead of the Grail.   

Anyhow, yes very interested.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: BlackStone on November 08, 2017, 11:14:35 PM
Very interested.  I had pitched an extremely similar concept in looking for GM where this iteration of the Grail War would take place in 2040 and would be for the Spear of Destiny instead of the Grail.   

Anyhow, yes very interested.

Cool! Thank you for the interest!

Marie Reynolds

Sweet Okita. Does Okita come with authentic tuberculosis  trappings!

Gilgameshian

I mean, honestly, have you read my name? Of course I'm interested. Albeit tentatively because group games are a bit weird for me in general. Not that that's stopped me before.

Don't get me started on Grand Order. I have an account with lots of cool stuff on it I can't use since: 1) My phone can't run it. 2) I can't use an emulator to play it on my PC anymore.

Curse you developers, let me give you money :P
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Gilgameshian on November 09, 2017, 08:08:00 PM
I mean, honestly, have you read my name? Of course I'm interested. Albeit tentatively because group games are a bit weird for me in general. Not that that's stopped me before.

Don't get me started on Grand Order. I have an account with lots of cool stuff on it I can't use since: 1) My phone can't run it. 2) I can't use an emulator to play it on my PC anymore.

Curse you developers, let me give you money :P

I just started paying actually! No 5 star servant yet, but I can dream. ;A;

Thank you for the (tentative) interest! I was just about to post on here anyways, but I’m gonna be having this recruitment thread up for the remainder of the weekend to see if any other brave souls would like to join, before I get all of my details together and my thoughts regarding the game plot, before I set things in motion and make character sheets and such, as well as the rules set!

Gilgameshian

Ah, I think I had two: Arthuria and Scathach. A fair amount of 4stars. One day I'll play it again. Either way, I'm in. And I probably won't play as Gilgamesh. Because Gil is OP and broken as hell.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Gilgameshian on November 09, 2017, 08:41:24 PM
Ah, I think I had two: Arthuria and Scathach. A fair amount of 4stars. One day I'll play it again. Either way, I'm in. And I probably won't play as Gilgamesh. Because Gil is OP and broken as hell.

I hope to get one some day, but I know rates are terrible. Plus I’m picky when it comes to what Servants I want to roll for, and since I haven’t been following the NA server, I don’t know which Servants have been in the limited box. I really want a Prototype Saber, as well as the Phantom of the Opera, but I don’t even know if they’ve been introduced in the game yet in the U.S. 0-0

Yeah he’s a bit OP...

Shame we won’t have him in game though.

But thank you so much for being in the game! I can’t wait to see what servant you choose!

Revelation

I probably shouldn't mention my luck with FGO in NA, I have some... good rolls as someone who's spent very little on the game.

Would summons be limited to classes ala Fate/?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Changingsaint on November 09, 2017, 08:48:41 PM
I probably shouldn't mention my luck with FGO in NA, I have some... good rolls as someone who's spent very little on the game.

Would summons be limited to classes ala Fate/?

I would say, just to be safe, yes. For the beginning it will be the original classes; Lancer, Saber, Archer, Caster, Assassin, etc.

I may think about, but for now, it’s gonna be the original.

Revelation

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on November 09, 2017, 06:26:03 PM
Sweet Okita. Does Okita come with authentic tuberculosis  trappings!
Oh and yeah, Okita does have her tuberculosis in FGO.

@Tokyo: So no Ruler/Avenger classes? Just making sure - And if we were to say, make a berserker, would we be stuck with random growls and screams for communication, or could it be assumed we're like Vlad and other 'new' berserkers like Kiyohime who can hold conversations? I would imagine if Berserkers are too crazed they'd not have people clamoring to play them.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Changingsaint on November 09, 2017, 08:59:44 PM
Oh and yeah, Okita does have her tuberculosis in FGO.

@Tokyo: So no Ruler/Avenger classes? Just making sure - And if we were to say, make a berserker, would we be stuck with random growls and screams for communication, or could it be assumed we're like Vlad and other 'new' berserkers like Kiyohime who can hold conversations? I would imagine if Berserkers are too crazed they'd not have people clamoring to play them.

Yes, Berserkers would be able to speak conversation.

Yeah, no Ruler or Avenger. For the “Ruler”, like Fate, we will have someone be residing over the war, and watching over it. Much like the Mage’s Accosiation with having some on from the Church watch over the war, we’ll have a character be in that role. That being said, someone would have to take that role, and if they wanted, could be a master just like previous Fate anime and games as well.

Revelation

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on November 09, 2017, 09:02:46 PM
Yes, Berserkers would be able to speak conversation.

Yeah, no Ruler or Avenger. For the “Ruler”, like Fate, we will have someone be residing over the war, and watching over it. Much like the Mage’s Accosiation with having some on from the Church watch over the war, we’ll have a character be in that role. That being said, someone would have to take that role, and if they wanted, could be a master just like previous Fate anime and games as well.
Okay. Sorry for prodding with a dozen questions, just trying to help narrow stuff down for what I think could be fun to play!