Tables problem!

Started by Rahzilla, February 15, 2016, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rahzilla

Hi, so I'm trying to do a more complicated type of table with no idea how to accomplish what I'm looking for.

Below is what I have so far for the table, and below that is the problem I'm having...

Titles     Co-Authors     Descriptions
CatCalls     [Shale]     
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Set in a futuristic world, Mali is left alone and hiding in the world. She was unfortunately born as an animal-human, part orange tabby cat and part human. At first the world she was born into was decent. It wasn't until protesters won the battle and her species was killed off. There are many who still survive on the streets. But if found harbouring an animal-human, the person would go to jail and the animal would be put down. If found, Mali would still be put down.
Feeling as though she would be alone for the rest of her life, Mali meets Carl, who is going through a rather hard breakup with his ex-fiancee. What will happen when he finds his heart cannot leave Mali out in the cold world on her own?
Elven Bride and the Demon King     [Davion]     
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Ilsia is a pawn in this love story. Coming from light and goodness, she is thrown into the dark with a man she knows very little about. It doesn't help that she is to be married to this man within the coming days. How will she stand the darkness that shrouds her? A better question, how will she continue to live while married to the man of darkness himself.

After coding the entire thing with all my current stories and such, I find that when you click the spoilers button, it moves everything out of place, pushing the other columns to the left. Is there a way to keep the first two colomns in their position and only expand the spoiler column when you click on the spoiler button? If there is, I would very much like to know the solution! Thanks!

Also, the codes for what I have so far:
[center][table]
[tr][td][b]Titles[/b][/td][td]     [/td][td][b]Co-Authors[/b][/td][td]     [/td][td][b]Descriptions[/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=232452.0]CatCalls[/url][/td][td]     [/td][td][Shale][/td][td]     [/td][td][spoiler]Set in a futuristic world, Mali is left alone and hiding in the world. She was unfortunately born as an animal-human, part orange tabby cat and part human. At first the world she was born into was decent. It wasn't until protesters won the battle and her species was killed off. There are many who still survive on the streets. But if found harbouring an animal-human, the person would go to jail and the animal would be put down. If found, Mali would still be put down.
Feeling as though she would be alone for the rest of her life, Mali meets Carl, who is going through a rather hard breakup with his ex-fiancee. What will happen when he finds his heart cannot leave Mali out in the cold world on her own?[/spoiler][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=208602.0]Elven Bride and the Demon King[/url][/td][td]     [/td][td][Davion][/td][td]     [/td][td][spoiler]Ilsia is a pawn in this love story. Coming from light and goodness, she is thrown into the dark with a man she knows very little about. It doesn't help that she is to be married to this man within the coming days. How will she stand the darkness that shrouds her? A better question, how will she continue to live while married to the man of darkness himself.[/spoiler][/td]
[/tr]
[/table][/center]

~Rahzilla.

Check out my costumes at RahCostumes, add a 'like' if you like what you see :)

AmberStarfire

The way the spoiler displays is determined by the CSS files on each theme.

From Pink and Grey
.spoiler_container {
  display: inline-block;
}

.spoiler_header {
  display: inline-block;
  border: 1px solid #000 !important;
  border-radius: .5em;
  cursor: pointer;
  text-align: center;
  font-weight: bold;
  margin: 0;
  color: #000 !important;
  padding: .25em;
  background: #e3e6e6 !important;
}

.spoiler_header:hover {
  color: #455058 !important;
  background: #f68ed5 !important;
}

.spoiler_body {
  display: none;
  border: 1px solid #000;
  border-radius: .5em;
  padding: 2px;
}

I don't think there's really anything you can do to correct the spoilers on your table. Maybe just left-align the table and see how it looks. I may be missing something about the BBCode options but there's nothing I know about.

AmberStarfire

I did some more research. I'm not sure how it works but there was a bit posted here by Caeli, saying that you can reduce spoiler box size by putting a floatleft tag around it.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=114574.0

This was her example:

like this?
here

Also unrelated, it's possible to use width=a certain number on a spoiler tag, but it doesn't work on the body of the hidden text, only the spoiler button itself and it makes the automatically generated text go away. It also doesn't work in conjunction with a title put on the spoiler button. It's not useful here.

Rahzilla

I read about that in the tutorials section, but sadly it doesn't work once you get long text passages in the spoiler area.
Once you put a large chunk of text in it, they look the same, whether there's a float tag or not...

Without the Float tag
Samantha isn't a typical woman. Instead of getting married and playing the perfect housewife, Samantha decides to run away from home and impersonate a male in order to become an airship engineer or pilot. She aced the qualifiers for a scholarship and is well on her way. That is until she gets a male roommate. What will happen when her roommate, Ben, finds out her secret?

With the Float tag
Samantha isn't a typical woman. Instead of getting married and playing the perfect housewife, Samantha decides to run away from home and impersonate a male in order to become an airship engineer or pilot. She aced the qualifiers for a scholarship and is well on her way. That is until she gets a male roommate. What will happen when her roommate, Ben, finds out her secret?

So my problem persists lol
Check out my costumes at RahCostumes, add a 'like' if you like what you see :)