Book Review/Recommendations

Started by MagicalPen, July 21, 2014, 11:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

I haven't seen a thread on books yet on E, and per a conversation on Mumble over the weekend where some one asked to be recommended a good book, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread with Book Reviews/Recommendations.

Say I'm looking for a good Epic Fantasy Novel - can some one recommend a title or series?

I had just just finished reading a book of a new-ish series so recommended that.

So, feel free to contribute!

I suppose a quick little synopsis or review of a book could go here too. That way anyone browsing this forum may come upon a book review and become interested and go for the book.

Links to a place like Amazon where you can buy the book, or read reviews etc, could be useful too.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

dubheasa

Im a huge fan of Raymond E. Feist
Midkemia is a GORGEOUS series of books, as well as the Riftwars Saga.

If you are looking for something "tricky", try the Deverry Saga by Katharine Kerr. The story is evolving in around Britain, and the characters have to fulfill their "wyrd", their fate. Which means they are constantly reborn as different people. The story jumps from incarnation to incarnation, which makes it a really fascinating reading experience.

And I can really recommend Trudi Canavan. Just try this author! I was fascinated by "The Magician's Guild" Trilogy, as well as the "Age of the Five" Triology. Really good reads! :D
Look! I have O and o's but I'm BB code impaired, so you get the full link:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=210163.msg10326153#msg10326153