Destiny anyone?

Started by azzmeister89, January 05, 2015, 12:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzmeister89

A basic plot can be hashed out after but anyone up for a Destiny based game?

Praxis

I am in.   We can at the very least create a better story than what Bungie did. ;)

Garuss Vakarian

Bungie had something grand, past tense though. It's EA's fualt, money grubbers wanted the game to be more open for a wider audience. Why else did the writer up and leave 2 weeks before the release of his brain child? He was through with the constant changes because. "No, this plot is to advanced, we need 12 year olds to understand. We need the COD audience, make the games combat more generalized. Less about rpg elements, and not even skill. So that in multiplier people are Just running around and killing each other like in COD. Trust me, if it sells in cod it will in this game. Money Money Money Money Money." >_<

Come on? Do we really believe that the budget that game had, produced a really pretty cod clone with fake rpg elements?

Any way. >_< Might be interested.

Capone

Just a minor quibble.

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on January 06, 2015, 09:41:10 AM
Bungie had something grand, past tense though. It's Activision's fualt, money grubbers wanted the game to be more open for a wider audience.

Activision published this one. Not EA.

azzmeister89

Ok well personally i don't dislike how destiny was done, as frustrating as it can sometimes be. There are several ideas I would like to think of using for this game.

First. We follow the guardians as they fight through the story missions of the gamesjust beefing them up with some extra ccontent of our own

Second. Just make up our own missions and complicated situations against the enemies that bungie have made for us.

three. We make up a new enemy of our own throwing the old classics in as we need.

Four. A civil war between the various factions has broken out and guardians of all sides fight and compete in various tasks against each other and the minions of darkness.

If anyone has other ideas feel free to speak them.

Garuss Vakarian

Activision, right sorry. Still, point stands. Just look at Resident Evil 5 and 6. Capcom wanted to get the money COD was dishing out, so they made it more action focused. Destiny suffers from a bad case of developers seeing money, and thinking same old tactics are more effective then actual originality. And with Destiny's budget, I wouldn't be surprised if it was completely Gutted for dlc, and to be made more generalized for a wider audience. It doesnt matter which AAA company it is, a developer (Theres a difference between the individual companies under the bigger name umbrellas. EA, or Activision are essentially producers, while it is the branches that do the work. IE: EA own's and gives Bioware their budget. hile Bioware is the developer of their games.) still has to fight tooth and claw to get any original thought approved. It's easy if it has been successfully done before, but if it's something too new or too complicated, company's start to worry about projected sales. You know what that is right? It's when a business looks at what has sold before and how much, and by that calculation next year they decide how much money they should make when it becomes january 17th, or so on so forth. Burger king for example, would remember that on July 15th they made a low amount of sales, lets say a few hundred dollars, very very slow day. Because it was so little last year, the following july 15th they put fewer workers in that day. So that they dont lose money due to hourly wages. In games and movies, sales are projected by what was more popular the previous year. You cant project sales for something that is new, or too original. Thus Destiny as it was, or at least how we think it was, gutted.

Azzmeister: There is a lot that can be used for plot, one may only look at the extensive codex they provide on the website. (Further proof there was more, but no longer there in the game.)

Though A new enemy would be nice. Perhaps the Heart of the Garden was not destroyed. And Darkness makes it's own beings, a enemy force that personifies it's will. Like a hive mind.... I think a good example is Geth under reaper control, or the Collectors would be a better one.

Praxis

You know...we could get a group of three (or more) together and we start from the start.

We do each mission from start of game to end of game...so to speak?  We just might roll in five or six deep with guardians?

We take the skeleton of the story Bungie provided and we flesh it out?

Don't get me wrong.  I love the game.  I have put a somewhat embarrassing amount of time into it.  I just think they could have added more in the way of content around the story etc?

So we gauge interest and when you guys are ready to start...we start with our respective ghosts gathering to wake us up and we roll from there?  We could all meet up right when we're coming to...or meet up inside the facility with the Fallen chasing us...etc?

Capone

I think you guys should step away from going through the game's story and focus more on using the city as a hub world. Technically there are more than just Guardians there, after all. Allow folks to be members of the different factions, forced to stay in the city and work politics while others get to go on assignment. Mechanics and craftsmen working on the gear that the Guardians will have to use. Open the game up to a variety of characters instead of just combat sorts. Read the grimoire and get a feel for the setting beyond the missions, crafting your own story within the universe.

That's just my two cents.

azzmeister89

That would work. At the very least we could split the missions when we get enough guardians involved. Perhaps we can still find new and interesting missions to go between the story. As for the none guardian characters they would be able to focus on the tower, faction rivalry and the romantic settings if they occur.

One idea I would like to try gives the guardians this briefing

"A scouting party of elite hunters hacked a hive ships travel logs to what they believe to be the hives forward attack base on Pluto, it is likely that a great many hive will be inside as they continue to breed new creatures to set against us. Go into the hives frozen kingdom and wipe them out"

Missions involving other races of that magnitude could also happen, perhaps a second battle of twilight gap against the combined fallen houses? Or a vex building factory on Saturn's moon "titan" or even a full scale battle on Mars when a new Cabal Commander arrives.

We can use several threads to make things easy from the tower to the various places in which we face our various enemies. I think we will leave the crucible out of it but I'm sure we won't need it.