Previous topic - Next topic

Swidi

NSFW:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

What a bunch of cu**s.

Lilias

Quote from: SirWiseIdiot on August 16, 2017, 08:43:38 AM

What a bunch of cunts.

Oi! Cunts are very useful, unlike Vanilla ISIS there.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Swidi

Quote from: Lilias on August 16, 2017, 08:45:10 AM
Oi! Cunts are very useful, unlike Vanilla ISIS there.

The scary thing is, I am hesitant about calling them terrorists because then it would simply open up the country for even more draconian police laws. But still, it sure is terrorism.

Lilias

Quote from: SirWiseIdiot on August 16, 2017, 08:47:55 AM
The scary thing is, I am hesitant about calling them terrorists because then it would simply open up the country for even more draconian police laws. But still, it sure is terrorism.

Domestic terrorism is a thing. Call away. If those people were a few shades darker, we wouldn't even be having this conversation, because they would be dead. Terrorism has no colour.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Wistful Dream

I find it so incredibly sad that Tiki Torches did a better job of denouncing what happened than our President.

Lilias

Best advice to (counter-)protesters ever:

~Wendell Berry

Deamonbane

Quote from: Lilias on August 16, 2017, 10:32:41 AM
Best advice to (counter-)protesters ever:

*snips*

That's some good advice right there!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Oniya

Quote from: Lilias on August 16, 2017, 08:45:10 AM
unlike Vanilla ISIS there.

*snickers*  Probably more than I should, but I remember the MTV musical number also known as 'White Guys Can't Rap'.  Although it made a decent polka.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Regina Minx

Works especially well if you're an overweight black grandfather of seven.  :P

Oniya

As in planting your white, milquetoast self in front of the overweight grandpa?  Just make sure to actually bring the cookies.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lilias

Quote from: Oniya on August 16, 2017, 12:03:31 PM
*snickers*  Probably more than I should, but I remember the MTV musical number also known as 'White Guys Can't Rap'.  Although it made a decent polka.

Other, less musically loaded, variants include 'Y'all-Quaeda' and of course 'alt-Reich'.
~Wendell Berry

Lustful Bride

Trigon

Yeah, so if there is any lingering doubt that the GOP really is the party of white sumpremacists, misogyny, etc., a new poll reveals that 2/3rds of Republican voters approve of Trump's response to the Charlottesville massacre. Thereby proving, once again, that those who voted for Trump are either stupid, extremely gullible, and/or bigots.

Congratulations, Republicans, for voting in a goddam Nazi to the presidency. Hopefully some will have the good sense to leave the GOP for good after all that has transpired, as mere association with them basically means complicity...

Valerian

"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

gaggedLouise

When George Bush Sr and Jr  the only living republican ex-presidents - make a joint statement condemning racism and Mitt Romney makes the same points (not to mention Obama), while the current president refuses to clearly express the difference in kind between the ultra-right wingers that poured in armed to their teeth, and on the other hand the locals and anti-racist protesters - then you know you are living in strange times.  ^_ ^

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

gaggedLouise

Steve Cohen, a democrat from Tennessee in the House of Representatives, says he will launch an appeal in the House to have Trump impeached over his handling of the Charlottesville affair. "He has failed to show the moral leadership" that belongs with the office of the president at critical moments, Cohen says.

Even if it looks like a symbolic move at this time, I agree with Cohen.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

DominantPoet

Quote from: gaggedLouise on August 17, 2017, 03:12:40 PM
Steve Cohen, a democrat from Tennessee in the House of Representatives, says he will launch an appeal in the House to have Trump impeached over his handling of the Charlottesville affair. "He has failed to show the moral leadership" that belongs with the office of the president at critical moments, Cohen says.

Even if it looks like a symbolic move at this time, I agree with Cohen.

Second actual attempt at Impeachment? I'm all for it. Get that Pumpkinheaded man-child out of the office. Let Pence come in and fuck up just as bad, and just keep that rotating door going. Yes yes.

Especially since the man seems intent on now taking a completely false story, and not only once again acting like it's true, but suggesting that anyone (ostensibly the US in general) DO this O.o

https://www.vox.com/2017/8/17/16163746/trump-pershing-tweet

Lustful Bride

Quote from: DominantPoet on August 17, 2017, 03:39:19 PM
Second actual attempt at Impeachment? I'm all for it. Get that Pumpkinheaded man-child out of the office. Let Pence come in and fuck up just as bad, and just keep that rotating door going. Yes yes.

Especially since the man seems intent on now taking a completely false story, and not only once again acting like it's true, but suggesting that anyone (ostensibly the US in general) DO this O.o

https://www.vox.com/2017/8/17/16163746/trump-pershing-tweet

Oh dammit. This is going to cause uncomfortable backlash. >_<

The moment I saw the name I knew instantly what you meant.

Though I fear Pence might be more competent than Trump. Its like if you went back in time and took out hitler, someone more competent and dangerous could take his place.

FeveredDreams

Quote from: gaggedLouise on August 17, 2017, 03:00:36 PM
When George Bush Sr and Jr  the only living republican ex-presidents - make a joint statement condemning racism and Mitt Romney makes the same points (not to mention Obama), while the current president refuses to clearly express the difference in kind between the ultra-right wingers that poured in armed to their teeth, and on the other hand the locals and anti-racist protesters - then you know you are living in strange times.  ^_ ^

I have a hard time with Dubya.  He was the first president I really remembered or cared about you know?  I often wonder if he's hit the point in his life,  as a Christian...  which he is right? (It's hard to know with republican politicians.)  That he's not trying to actually denounce things,  instead he's just trying to get good with God again after throwing a chunk of our nations youth into a meat grinder...  while destroying another nations youth.  I like to think he's talking in good faith...  but,  I REALLY have a hard time empathizing with him. 
Are you afraid of me now?

On's and Offs-  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171318.0

DelightfullyMAD

If an impeachment is going to happen, it needs to happen quick.  Impeachment typically takes a long time, and is an involved process as well as costly, if the impeachment attempts against ol Bill are anything to go by, so if all we do is hem and haw and wish upon a star for an impeachment, then all that's going to happen is that it will happen too late, and it really won't make a difference for the most part.

This is something that I think moderate Democrats and Republicans can get behind.  A number of friends and family of mine who are Republican, or at least Right leaning, would be just as happy for Trump to be out as anyone on the Left, especially since the guy basically hijacked the party.  Hell, things have kind of sucked for the moderate Right for quite some time, seeing as how the inmates took over the asylum quite some time ago, and now a days the Democrats seem to be suffering the same thing.  Most people I know on both sides of the fence are finding it increasingly difficult to justify voting since it seems like neither party gives a flying crap about anyone anymore.

All in all, I really do hope that our current state of politics serve as a major wake up call to both sides.  Otherwise, we're going to keep on sliding down into ever increasing division and hatred, and at the rate we're going, Charlottesville is just going to be the tip of the iceberg.  Our nation is sick, and until both sides of the isle can shape up and try and actually deal with the problems that seem to be piling up, this is only going to get worse.  As division continues to build, hateful groups like the Neo-Nazis or Antifa are going to just get more and more vicious, and soon we're going to be repeating history all over again as the Reds and Nazis once more fight it out, with the civilians in between.

In regards to Dubya, I find myself rather torn.  In general, I do like to assume the best in people, or at the very least not assume outright maliciousness, so I am choosing to take his condemnation at face value.  Besides, Dubya himself was really more of a talking head for Palpatine, I mean Cheney.
Number of RPs I am currently doing: 0 out of 5

Curious to know about me?  Here's my introduction thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=266266.msg13136350#new

My schedule occasionally gets kind of hectic, so if I suddenly disappear for a period of time, not to worry, I am likely just working like a dog.  I will be back.

Trigon

Sometimes I can't help but wonder, if Trump is impeached, would the Neo-Nazis, Neo-Confederates, and other far right groups attempt to stage an insurrection to overthrow the federal government?

DelightfullyMAD

I doubt they'd have the numbers, to be honest.

I really don't like seeing Nazi marches or hate rallies like this anymore than the next person, but let's be honest and say that the media might do just a wee bit of exaggerating.  It's easy to show videos and pictures of people at a rally like this, and then say that this is a massive movement, when it truth it's a small number of radicalized people.  One of the many reason I take what most media outlets, both mainstream and independent, say with a grain (rather a heaping spoonful) of salt.  Sensationalism gets ratings, and ratings get money.

Now, would there be some kind of blowback if he were?  Probably.  Whether Trump actually supports these people or not, or if he is just pandering, there are certainly people in the Alt-Right who think he is fully on their side, and in the end that's all that really matters.  But I haven't really seen enough to make me worry that some sort of mass revolution/revolt would take place, at least not one that would have the slightest chance in hell of actually succeeding.

I could just be being optimistic though...
Number of RPs I am currently doing: 0 out of 5

Curious to know about me?  Here's my introduction thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=266266.msg13136350#new

My schedule occasionally gets kind of hectic, so if I suddenly disappear for a period of time, not to worry, I am likely just working like a dog.  I will be back.

FeveredDreams

Quote from: Trevino on August 17, 2017, 07:25:25 PM
Sometimes I can't help but wonder, if Trump is impeached, would the Neo-Nazis, Neo-Confederates, and other far right groups attempt to stage an insurrection to overthrow the federal government?

I remember them talking about how if he wasn't elected they were talking about taking to the streets with their weapons.
Are you afraid of me now?

On's and Offs-  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171318.0

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Trevino on August 17, 2017, 07:25:25 PM

Quote from: FeveredDreams on August 17, 2017, 07:57:49 PM
I remember them talking about how if he wasn't elected they were talking about taking to the streets with their weapons.

If they did, the Federal Government would crush them. It has spent the last decade fighting insurgencies far more well equipped, determined, and trained, than many of those idiots. And for an real successful insurrection you need numbers, real weaponry and support. At most they would cause some civilian deaths and injuries via IEDs before the National Guard came in and really brought the boot down on them.

Even Regular police forces are now being equipped with surplus military gear, including armored vehicles. The problem is it would screw over a lot of good people and the government would probably use that as the final excuse to go all out on gun regulation. :/

But maybe if it gets that bad.....I would accept harsher legislation, for the good of the country. :(

Seriously, I will admit they could be hard in a few fights, but they are small time compared to other insurgency groups, and to the original Nazis.

Regina Minx

The "both sides" nonsense doesn't seem to be a new line of attack.