News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup 2014

Started by consortium11, May 12, 2014, 10:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

Can PSG ask for a refund for Luiz?

Being a defender who goes on charging runs with the ball and fires off the odd excellent long ball is nice and all but really, the clues in the name... you have to defend as well; and defending doesn't just mean charging into tackles.

apygoos

lol 6-0..and this is a semi final game...I was expecting something much better.
oh well what i take away from this game: american football preseason starts in a month

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

ChicagoOkie

This is Brazil's worst defeat in 96 years.
Random PM's welcome.
Available for the right story.
O/Os Updated story ideas. May/9/2021
A/As
RP AD
BDSM Test

consortium11

Seriously, Luiz... getting into a fight by Muller may get you on TV but actually marking Schürrle and following his run might be something you think about doing.

Let's remember, this is the most expensive defender in world history.

gaggedLouise

Part of the Brazilian live audience were loudly cheering for Germany after 7-0. The Teutons are utterly superior.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Deamonbane

That doesn't mean that Germany is playing well. It means that Brazil is playing poorly. I mean.... Somebody shoot me now?

Edit: What I mean is that Germany is playing the average that they have been playing the whole world cup.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

ChicagoOkie

How good can your team be if the loss of two players can do this?
Random PM's welcome.
A/As
RP AD
BDSM Test

apygoos

Quote from: ChicagoOkie on July 08, 2014, 04:45:24 PM
^more or less this

Deamonbane

+1

consortium11

Quote from: Deamonbane on July 08, 2014, 04:43:32 PM
That doesn't mean that Germany is playing well. It means that Brazil is playing poorly. I mean.... Somebody shoot me now?

Edit: What I mean is that Germany is playing the average that they have been playing the whole world cup.

I'd say it was actually one of their worst performances; Mesut Özil (who's been bad all tournament) was woeful and throughout the game simple passes went astray, the wrong decisions were made and the defence looked dodgy; in the first 10 minutes of each half where Brazil actually played they had a multitude of chances and if they'd actually had a striker or midfielders in a scoring mood they could have easily put a few in themselves. Both Argentina and the Dutch will think they can exploit that (although Argentina's attack needs to click and the Netherlands' defence will have to be at their absolute best).

Phobetor

Dude Germany took pity on them in the last few seconds and gave them that goal. I didn't have to even watch it to know it's true. They intentionally missed a goal and they gave one to Brazil.

I'm not even mad or annoyed and I'm not even going to talk shit about how they played. Just listening to the game was heartbreaking, so I can only imagine how the fans feel.
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

BCdan

~I enjoy random PM's~

Deamonbane

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on July 08, 2014, 04:57:15 PM
Dude Germany took pity on them in the last few seconds and gave them that goal. I didn't have to even watch it to know it's true. They intentionally missed a goal and they gave one to Brazil.

I'm not even mad or annoyed and I'm not even going to talk shit about how they played. Just listening to the game was heartbreaking, so I can only imagine how the fans feel.

You're lucky all you can do is imagine...*goes off to die*

consortium11

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on July 08, 2014, 04:57:15 PM

Watching the German player's reactions to the goal (and the chances before) gives a pretty clear indication this wasn't the case.

gaggedLouise

It's like if Argentina had played without Maradona in the mid-eighties.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Phobetor

Quote from: consortium11 on July 08, 2014, 05:01:39 PM
Watching the German player's reactions to the goal (and the chances before) gives a pretty clear indication this wasn't the case.

Like I said, I didn't watch it. Wrong or not, that's seriously how it felt.

The same way as Uruguay was when they lost the biter lol
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Remiel

Arguably your two best players, mind you.  Just look at what happened to Uruguay without Luis Suarez.  Or imagine Argentina without Lionel Messi.

Dashenka

Quote from: consortium11 on July 08, 2014, 04:52:55 PM
I'd say it was actually one of their worst performances; Mesut Özil (who's been bad all tournament) was woeful and throughout the game simple passes went astray, the wrong decisions were made and the defence looked dodgy; in the first 10 minutes of each half where Brazil actually played they had a multitude of chances and if they'd actually had a striker or midfielders in a scoring mood they could have easily put a few in themselves. Both Argentina and the Dutch will think they can exploit that (although Argentina's attack needs to click and the Netherlands' defence will have to be at their absolute best).

Which game have you been watching? Germany.. average??  Twenty minutes out of the 90 were for Brazil, the other 70 were completely dominated by Germany. Saying Germany was average is.. well... weird..
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Remiel on July 08, 2014, 05:08:10 PM
Arguably your two best players, mind you.  Just look at what happened to Uruguay without Luis Suarez.  Or imagine Argentina without Lionel Messi.
That's the thing, though.  They relied on two players to carry them.  This is a team sport, not a one man show.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

ChicagoOkie

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 08, 2014, 05:16:23 PM
That's the thing, though.  They relied on two players to carry them.  This is a team sport, not a one man show.

That was my point exactly.
Random PM's welcome.
A/As
RP AD
BDSM Test

consortium11

Quote from: Dashenka on July 08, 2014, 05:10:24 PM
Which game have you been watching? Germany.. average??  Twenty minutes out of the 90 were for Brazil, the other 70 were completely dominated by Germany. Saying Germany was average is.. well... weird..

Weird or not, it's also accurate.

Look at the simple misplaced passes. Look at the lost 50/50 balls. Look at the wrong decisions in the final third. Look how many chances Brazil were able to create in the 20 minutes where they actually bothered to play.

Brazil lost this match more than Germany won it; the midfield shield went missing in the first half, the fullbacks thought they were wingers and Luiz decided defending was an optional requirement of his role. Germany took advantage of those chances but even then they were only really clinical during that first half blitz. Brazil threw open the doors and invited Germany in... while Germany obliged that doesn't make it a spectacular performance by them.

Remiel

Quote from: Dashenka on July 08, 2014, 05:10:24 PM

He has a point about Özil, but I thought Germany otherwise played a very good game (compared with, say, the quarterfinal and their 1-0 victory over France).  Khadira, Kroos, Schürrle, and Müller...all were exceptional.

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: Deamonbane on July 08, 2014, 05:00:47 PM
You're lucky all you can do is imagine...*goes off to die*
*dies with, Romeo & Juliet style* my stomach hurts...

Edited to add: I knew we were going to lose but, not like this...
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Remiel

I have to add, however, to a point that consortium made:

David Luiz (my Man of the Match in Brazil's two previous games) really let Brazil down in a big way.  Consortium was absolutely right; Luiz played more like a forward than a defender, rushing up to try to create opportunities, and leaving giant holes behind him as a result.  Brazil seemed completely incapable of marking anyone, affording Muller and company all the space they needed to get into position. 

My speculation is that Scolari's plan was to come out striking hard and put Germany off-balance; however, Fred and Hulk simply lack Neymar's speed and prowress, and Brazil was completely unprepared for Germany's counterattack.  Brazil simply could not, or would not, adapt to being down, and that was what I think ultimately led to their downfall.