[Blog Series]Miss Marguerite & The City - Day 66 & 67

Started by Marguerite, October 22, 2009, 06:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

October 21-22 [66-67]

I decided to combine these two days because well, both go together with the fact I have fallen ill. Past three days I have felt like crap run over. I barely made it to my training and even more for my Wednesday class. I managed to drive to see the familia with my friend before the symptoms took over. I felt like a drug addict detoxing because of the chills, fever, muscles aching, feeling like an elephant sat on my chest and overall sleeping for ten hours. I doubt I did anything productive on Wednesday other than go to class and turn in a piece of pink paper to Phi Sigma Sigma.

Yes. Phi Sigma Sigma is a sorority and before you gasp, I have something to say about going to a few activities for the recruitment week: bucket list. I do not see myself in a sorority unless it was a BDSM household but I do enjoy trying a few new things. I want to at least say I amused myself by watching sorority girls with their fake smiles and tanned skin welcoming females into their group. Next week, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I will be be throwing myself in a few activities with the Phi's with movies, bowling and a pumpkin carving. Do not judge lest you want moi to grip you by your cajones.

Other than those two items I was laid out in bed after dropping off the friend with her familia. I was asleep for ten hours but in between I was awaken to be given medication, have alcohol rubbed on my feet and vapo rub on my chest and back. Disgustingly, I sweated through two shirts, shivering and body spasming with the pain rolling through me. Even now as I type it, I hate knowing I was under that much sickness and my body giving out on me. I do not like feeling like my heart is pounding a million miles a second unless it is because I had great sex or running after my submissive with a paddle.

After the doctor's visit, I was informed I had the influenza. How nice. At least I am giving two types of medication and told to drink lots of liquids. I did get to wear the face mask and even sent it out to a few family and friends. I just want to get better before Saturday for my nephew's birthday. Right now, gatorade and soup will get me through but sleep will help as well. Lil Mar-Mar plans to sleep out in the living room because she has a few band competitions and cannot risk getting sick. I understand and for me I can sleep without kicking or getting her sick. Damn you influenza.

Miss Marguerite & The City

P.S. I love comments.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Enmuro

sorry to hear you got the flu. I'm just getting over it myself but luckily that tamiflu stuff is great, was only a couple days before I got over the hump of it. Hope you're feeling better in a jiff.

That said, you mentioned sororities which triggered my anti sorority button. Its a common button for people, as you pointed out, and I dont judge the players but I do judge the game. See, I'm one of those extreme introvert types. Which is why I can say that those institutionalized bastions of extravertedness are such utter BS. Where is the equivalent social organization for people who generally hate meeting or being around other people? Is it the internet? Introverts will die out in a generation if that's true. It also doesn't help that every single guide, orientation assistant, or RA I've ever met has been a sorority bubble/frat hat. If you can show me an emo orientation assistant though and prove me wrong then I'll gladly turn back me hat, which I don't wear, and pop my collar in penance ;)

Marguerite

I am feeling much better but it blows the big one I cannot drive around for the lack of motor skills I have. Even now, I lost an argument about which was better: cake or ice cream and I randomly said carrot.

-Nods-

For myself, I hate the type of sororities who do the meanest type of hazing for their pledges. I think you have seen it in a few movies making fun of Greek organizations and their cruelty to their members. I will ask my friend to find out whether her R.A is a Greek because she lives in the dorms while I chose to live off campus.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You