Hellsing Next Generation OOC

Started by Miyr, June 18, 2010, 09:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orochimaru

Just name roles available and I can see who I can be.

Miyr

Brittlby is going to be playing Integra, I've confirmed it with her via PM.

As for naming roles that are available Orochimaru, I hadn't really thought that far ahead. Iscariot will probably come in eventually, so there will be roles associated with that. I am also willing to allow OOCs to be brought in when provided with a brief intro and summary about their background etc.
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

Orochimaru

If you do not mind, I would like to see how this unravels. Unless I think of something ot put for an OoC... I'll see who you need.

Miyr

-Miyr

Marie Reynolds

id be interested in joining I have an idea for an Original Character but working out the idea some more before i present it

Miyr

That's perfectly fine Marie. Just post it when you're ready.

Also, an FYI in the RP. . .Because Salinde is not around and I don't know about her status, I'll be controlling Walter for awhile just in case she does return and wants to have her hand at playing him.

-Miyr

Kineas

Alright, I'll admit it. I'm stalking you Miyr. ;P

Boredom led to me browsing for a new game to join. At first I was hesitant about posting here due to my lack of knowledge in this setting compared to other games I've joined, but nothing else is sticking out to me to occupy my brain and I'm not quite ready to unveil the setting I've been devising. >=3

Anyways, I'm interested in creating an original character. I'm thinking along the lines of a creation that feeds off of the emotions of those within close proximity to it, who would basically try to goad their opponent into feeling a certain way to power the skill I'd want to use. Thoughts?

Miyr

I wouldn't necessarily say stalking. I consider you more of a "groupie" than anything LOL. But I <3 you regardless.

As for your character, it's been hashed out by us via IM so you have a go, as for your way to jump into the RP, that's perfectly fine by me as well, but you should probably post here and hopefully Brittlby will swing by and read it to give her input as our "Integra" (*bows before the awesome that Integra is*).

-Miyr

Kineas

Brittlby eh? >=3 I'm gonna send her a PM. Bwahahahahaha.

*wooshes off all dramatically*

Kineas

I posted the following to Brittlby ~ There was a bit of a preface and a bit more information she might find if she dug around to find out about the person who's signed below. ;3

----
The following would be within a letter addressed to 'Integra of Hellsing' with no return address and in a flowing cursive handwriting.

Dear Integra,
     Before I begin, know that I am one of the "monsters" you are sworn to destroy.
I must admit though, I've grown quite bored of preying on the weak; I desire a new challenge
to bring the spark back into my lifestyle. I wish to join your organization.

If you find this acceptable, or perhaps you would like to discuss the details, please
have whomever you would send meet me in the church at Chelmsford sometime during the
night over the next five days. It's not that far, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Truly yours, Lesley Arimov

----

I'll be watching to see what happens in the IC. :3

Brittlby

We just started a mission, so what I'm think we'll do is, send the Alucard/Seras duo on the rescue mission and I'll go by with Walter to the church. Waiting for Miyr to give me the go ahead. *laugh*
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Kineas

Ohho~ here I am splitting up the group so early into the game! What if I'm dangerous, Integra? ;3

Heheheh~ should be entertaining ^^

Do take your time though, you have a few days to think about it after all.

Miyr

I shot the idea down. I don't think that it's in Integra's character especially considering what Kineas' character is going to be. And I read the PM before this OOC posting and stuff. I wrote this to Brittlby:

Quote from: Miyr on August 02, 2010, 10:06:12 PM
I don't think it's in Integra's character to go on her own without some sort of protection, so I believe she should wait to go meet the person.

As for the new member, I am friends with him and I say we wait. This idea was running before he ever saw the thread, so I say we go through with it then address his. I think he was really excited and worked on his post, PMing you because I mentioned that you haven't really spoken up in the OOC thread.

Quote from: Miyr on August 02, 2010, 10:07:11 PM
Also, I forgot to mention this. But his character is a vampire as well, so yes it would be best if Integra went with protection.

Also, as I said above there, I think that you were a bit excited Kineas, but you need to wait for us to get through our certain part of the story. And now that Brittlby has posted in here, I would greatly appreciate it if everyone can take the brainstorming to this thread instead of PMs. Unless of course the idea needs to remain secret for plot necessities, then PM away.

<3

-Miyr

Kineas

Scuse muah? Me, over excited? I deliberately gave a five day game time window and then posted in the OOC that she should take her time to consider her alternatives O:

Do you think that's not long enough? Besides, this allows potential brooding over the mysterious letter in game! I'm just trying to enhance the drama even though I can't be present yet. ;3

Miyr

Yes it's fine, so don't worry about it Kineas :3

-Miyr

ReijiTabibito

Hellsing!  Ooooh, man...been a long time since I've been here.  I'm interested.  A few things I want answered first, though, preferably by Miyr, since she's the OP and seems to have the best grasp on the big picture.

1 - Anime or Manga?  If the former, post-series?  If the latter, around which volume?  I own up to 7, but have read the whole thing.

2 - Which canon characters have been occupied so far?

3 - Are we going for an original plot?

4 - OCs acceptable, or canons only?  If OCs...then can we take characters supernatural?  Or just like Pip/Walter/Heinkel, who are pure mortal but still damn impressive?

Kineas

Hi! You've reached Miyr's Stalker. I'll do my best to answer your questions so you have some information to chew on until Miyr actually gets back around to posting =)

1)Anime. The general feeling was that the manga would be too restricting to try and follow. I believe it is after the events of incognito.

2) D:  Integra, Alucard, Seras... I think that's it.

3) Pretty sure yeah.

4) OCs acceptable, can be supernatural. All characters must be cleared with Miyr beforehand, whether they be assigned canon characters or OC characters. :)

Okay, I'll admit it. I can't remember if my answer to 1) is right. I'm pretty damn sure though. Blah. Posting in the wee hours of the morning ~ anyways, hope this helps you get your brain juices flowing :3

Miyr

Well. . . It appears that Kineas has once again beaten me to answering questions brought up in My game threads. . .

1. We are going off of the original 13 episode series with a mixing of the manga. We are going to avoid Millennium and the Nazi's and just focus on Iscariot and the "Freak Vampires" most likely. The manga isn't too restricting, it's just that we agreed as a group to not follow it. However, I am open to suggestions. And I say that we are mixing the two because I wanted to play Seras but I wanted to include her being a true vampire instead of a fledgling. So in order to do that, we decided that Pip was a Mercenary hired that Seras fell for and died during a "mission" but she still absorbed him. So she's basically the Seras shown at the end of the books with my personal tweak added to her.

2. Alucard, Integra, and Seras are all spoken for, but so is Walter. However, the player who was going to do him hasn't been active for like a month+. I'm currently providing Walter's role, but I may open it up.

3. The plot is not fully set in stone, but most likely it will be primarily original. The main issue has been getting this game off of its feet. I'm also willing to do a private or smaller group scenario with Hellsing if the character you desire to play is taken.

4. I will allow OCs but they need to fit into the storyline. And Hellsing includes supernatural beings. As long as you don't Godmod or Meta Game I'm pretty much just fine with anything. If you desire to have a being that was not in the story prior, just bring it up to me and we'll iron out the details. As for having mortals with awesome abilities, that is perfectly fine as well. Again, I just want to know who you are playing, and if it's an OC then submit a character bio of some sort to me.

-Miyr

Orochimaru

Would an arch demon salesman kind of deal work? Maybe investigastes were the "freak vampires" are originating for hellsing? *shrugs* Just a idea that came to mind when I was at work.

Miyr

Please elaborate on "arch demon" Orochimaru.

-Miyr

Orochimaru

Something stronger then a greater demon, but I suppose that might be to powerful. Not as powerful as alucard mind you...so, maybe a lesser demon. I really do not know how to explain arch demons besides the basis of power. I just said the idea as I have a character who is an arch demon. I dunno how. what you want me to elaborate on. *shrugs* sorry.

ReijiTabibito

I'm guessing that Orochimaru is referring to the character of Renon in the Castlevania 64 game.  For those of you not familiar with it, Renon is a Demon who makes a living in the world of mortals by selling items to the player.  In the game, if you buy too much, you have to fight him.  It's been a dozen years since I played the game...but I remember it being an on-par boss fight in terms of difficulty.  Could be wrong, though, so no quoting.

@Miyr: Okay, so Iscariot is the bad guys, or not?  I ask because one of the characters I was considering playing, Heinkel Wolfe of Iscariot, may or may not be removed b/c of this...Miyr, if you'd be so kind, PM me to discuss this, since manga spoilers are no doubt going to be part of my explanation, and I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

Orochimaru

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on August 11, 2010, 04:59:14 AM
I'm guessing that Orochimaru is referring to the character of Renon in the Castlevania 64 game.  For those of you not familiar with it, Renon is a Demon who makes a living in the world of mortals by selling items to the player.  In the game, if you buy too much, you have to fight him.  It's been a dozen years since I played the game...but I remember it being an on-par boss fight in terms of difficulty.  Could be wrong, though, so no quoting.

That's a very good example. Thanks Renji. It's close enough to what I had in mind... I had forgotten about him.

Miyr

Orochimaru: I believe that if you were going to play an arch demon, now that it's been elaborated on, I would have to say no to the idea. Alucard is supposed to be the "strongest" supernatural creature in the series. So I honestly can't see an arch demon in the story unless it's going to replace Incognito as the bad guy. However, if you create a little bit of info on the character, like a character sheet/bio, then I might be more open to the idea. A lower level demon (higher than a ghoul but less than a vampire) would be appropriate.

Reiji: I am going to PM you now~

-Miyr

Orochimaru

I was not planning on him being stronger or as strong as Alucard. I did say that. Sides, he'd be only be a salesman. Not fighting or anything. Do you have a bio sheet I can use?