Heart of the Catacombs (Anima Dungeon crawling RP)

Started by Malixe, October 14, 2012, 01:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malixe

Hello Sethala and Zaer~! :3

Sadly it is true that we're just about full up on players =w=. Anima is difficult to run with lotsa people.

Don't be discouraged though! Indeed I will keep you guy's interest in mind! And, y'know... We could still teach you how to play~ XD.
Also I have weird ideas I need to talk over with Mr.Muse -.-. Will do this.

... Oh! Am I Al? :D Understood! No worries~, I'm good at making spontaneous trouble. It'll be fun.

Zaer Darkwail

Awww, sad that missed chance jump on ship when it was present :P. Anyways I lurk around and watch how things proceed.

Muse

Luna, there's a class for a roguish magician if that would interest you? 

Alternativly, we could make you a thief with Martial Mastery advantage for more ki tricks. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: Muse on October 16, 2012, 06:02:03 AM
Luna, there's a class for a roguish magician if that would interest you? 

Alternativly, we could make you a thief with Martial Mastery advantage for more ki tricks.

The second choice sounds much more like what I was thinking of playing. I would love to play a thief martial artist.  :-)

I've been in touch with Malixe, as well, and we are trying to iron out some time for me to learn the system... I have the next three nights off so I should have a fair bit of time in there in which to get caught up to speed and such.

Malixe

So How's everyone doin~? I've been in touch with a few of you >w<. Anybody have fun questions about anything?

Dingo

Working hard to get one character out of my head and stomp another back in there, and make sure that the gentlemen don't breed.

Blinkin

Still working up a character with Mr. Muse and seeing if we can get her up and running about with some entertaining activity.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Teo Torriatte

Got my character done, with heaps of assistance from Malixe.  :D

Reya

Reya was always an overachiever. She always went for the hardest challenges, because it made her blood boil and also yielded the sweetest rewards. This worked for quite a while, until the day she bit off way more than she could chew and ultimately perished in the attempt. This would have been the end of her story, were it not for a necromancer who happened to find her rotting corpse, and decide to resurrect her, giving her back her life, her body and her soul, as well as new regenerative and protective properties... but not without a few caveats.

Her newly reformed skin is very soft and smooth, and quite sensitive to most materials, leaving her unable to wear armor or even very much in the way of clothing. And she was also cursed with a dependency to semen, presumably so she would come crawling to her new master and beg for sex every night. Things did not go according to the evil wizard's plan. At all. After a few days, Reya got sick of following his orders, so she kicked him in the balls and high tailed it out of there. Now she wants nothing more than to resume her life as adventurer, for things to be as much like her old life as they possibly can, while trying to work around her new 'quirks'.

Stats
Name: Reya
Class: Thief
Size: 13
Race: Human
Appearance: 7

Level - 2

CHARACTERISTICS
Willpower:          8 (+10)
Power:              8 (+10)
Agility:            9 (+10)
Perception:         8 (+10)
Constitution:       8 (+10)
Dexterity:          8 (+10)
Strength:           6 (+5)
Intelligence:       6 (+5)

CREATION POINTS

Martial Mastery - 2
Regeneration - 1
Natural Armor - 1
Magical Resistance - 1
Untiring - 1

Curse (Cum Requirement) - 1
Curse (Sensitive Skin) - 2

Life Points: 120
Regeneration: 4
Fatigue: 11
Movement: 9

INITIATIVE

+80///

RESISTANCES
DR:    45
MR:    70
PhR:   45
VR:   45
PR:    45

COMBAT ABILITIES

Attack:      80 (65+10+5)
Dodge:       70 (50+10+10)

Modules:
Martial Arts: Aikido (Basic//Starting Art), Shotokan (Basic).
Art Magnus/Impossible Weapons:

Ki: 6 Strength , 8 Dexterity , 9 Agility , 8 Constitution , 8 Willpower , 8 Power . (47 Unified)
Ki Accumulation: 1 Strength , 1 Dexterity , 1 Agility , 1 Constitution , 2 Willpower , 2 Power.
MK (160//160) +40
Ki Abilities: Use of Ki, Ki Control, Weight Elimination, Use of Necessary Energy.
Ki Techniques: Freezing the Blood, Fire Shadow Strike.

Freezing the Blood; 50 MK
+10 Attack, 100 PHR (Partial Paralysis) // Half Damage
4 Dex, 5 Pow, 5 Will

Fire Shadow Strike; 20 MK
Elemental Attack (Fire), Automatic Transport (300 Feet)
3 Agi, 4 Dex, 4 Pow

SECONDARY ABILITIES

10/10 +10s Used
2/2 Physical Multipliers
2/2 Mental Multipliers

Notice: -10 (0+10+10)
Search: 95 (35+30+10+20)

Hide: 110 (70+10+10+20)
Stealth: 120 (70+20+10+20)
Trap Lore: 120 (70+20+10+20)
Lockpicking: 100 (70+10+20)
Theft: 0 (0+10+20)

Sleight of Hand: -10 (0+10+10)

EQUIPMENT

Martial Arts (Basic Aikido/Shotokan)
80 Attack//10 Block || 25(Varies) Damage/-0 Armor || +20 Speed || 0 Req || Impact || Unarmed//Precise || 8 Fort, 0 Break, 35 Presence ||

Natural Armor (Natural Armor)
0 Armor Requirement || 0 Natural Penalty || 0 Movement Requirement || 0 Fortitude || 35 Presence || Complete || Soft
2 Cut, 2 Impact, 2 Thrust, 2 Heat, 2 Elec, 2 Cold, 0 Energy

Cum Requirement: For each day that Reya does not feed, she gains an All-Action Penalty of -10. This continues for each day afterward until she reaches a maximum of -100 to all actions.

Sensitive Skin: Due to the nature of her skin, All abrasive or restricting material can cause a reaction in her skin which can grow to a point of devastatingly painful.

If she does come into contact with such material, the negative depends on how much of her it covers, and the material itself.

The negative can climb to a total of -80, and always reduces at 1 point per minute.

Examples of things that would incur a Sensitive Skin Penalty;

- Wearing something like a bandana, wrist-band, or loincloth of certain material would incur a penalty of -10 each hour if loose, or a -5 each minute if tight. Things like gloves, manacles, and standard undergarments would fall into this catagory.

- Wearing a vest. If it was very loose, Reya would gain the penalty at a rate of 10 per minute. If it is very tight, it could even progress at a rate of 10 per turn.

- Being fully clothed. While heavily dependent on what the outfit is made of, but generally, the penalty will be 20 per minute if the outfit is loose, and 20 per turn if it is tight.

- Being struck by a weapon of steel. While very minor, being struck can incite a negative. Each time damage is dealt, she must make a base presence resistance of 100 or gain a -5.

EDIT: I hope that character isn't too lame?

Dingo

The cum hungry part is actually interesting in very weird way. I like the martial arts bits too. With what I'm working on there is actually overlap.

If only I didn't end up with a blockage currently.

My current point of conflict between me and the character is the following, maybe someone here can help.

My character is a learned physician, but also a very talented manipulator of his own inner ki. While he studies medicine with actual interest, to him, that is an extension to his art. His martial art.

And yes, that means he actually loves the challenge of a good fight. Participates in tournaments when available and might even just seek out places where a fight can be found.

That was roughly the personality of the character, who carries a different form of enlightenment, but is still enlightened. Now, the issue comes when that character meets my own wants and desires.

I'm looking at 3 basic martial arts, 3 advanced martial arts and two Ars Magnus that fit this character and his interests. Not that strange for a Tao and also not so strange for the system. What is strange is that I can't find a pacing to the Martial Knowledge I have to spend on Ki Abilities (I can take all that I want and need from the start). And that is actually my main issue. The concept is sound, but I have no pacing for him.

Malixe

Hooray! Keep up the hard work you guys >w<. Hmmm~... How strange, Elliquiy.

But yes! Uhm, what would this issue be Mr.Dingo? :3. From what you've written, it sounds like the problem is that you can take all the Ki Abilities you need right from the start >w<. Which is okay. Did you want some help choosing those martial arts/ars magnus? :p Because we could definitely do this! Sounds like he'd be a mean Mushin-user =w=. In time.

Dingo

Mr. Malixe, the issue is indeed in the fact that I have the ability to pick everything on my list.

It's all useful, but I don't think it all fits to have from the start. As for Mushin, that martial arts is indeed on the list I'm interested in. As are Lama Tsu and Velez.

As for the basic martial arts, those are much easier. Those are Tai Chi, Kung Fu, Aikido and Lama (not in any order of interest).

As for Ars Magnus, that's simple. Both the monofilament and the needles are of great interest.

But thing is, that would be what I want the character to work toward to. Not to be almost on his way to have from the start.

And that's where my issues lies with this one.

Malixe

I see :p. I suppose that could be an issue. Is there no way to deplete your MK and divert that effort into something else? I don't know if you've chosen Martial Mastery, or bought any MK >w<. If not then we can also look at other minor Ars Magnus. I do intend to use 'Ki/Martial Art/Magic' learning rules in this game. (Though that doesn't necessarily help us right at the start =w=)

... That's really weird... I was looking through the book, and I chose that exact lineup to recommend XD (Minus Aikido, but this is also very nice <3)

Oh~, those are the Impossible Weapons ^^. I thought you meant Ars Magnus as in Samael: Final Retribution, or Raikou: Lightning Blade.

Well, at least those martial arts and Ars Magnus (Scratch that, was looking at Sagittarius not Capricorn) will take some time ;w;. How much do you have spent in Primary abilities? Usually, I would say that 50% is a good maximum, unless combat is your character's life (Which... Actually, might be true for your character ;w;. Maybe)

Muse

How does Adrian look? 

Name:   Adrian Monaco
Class:   Warrior/Summoner
Size:   18
Race:   Nephlim Eubdan (Caucasian)
Appearance:   8

Level – 2

Height:   6’8”
Weight:   300lbs
Skin:   Medium Tan
Hair:   Black
Eyes:   Siena under golden spectacles. 

CHARACTERISTICS
Agility      6   +5
Constitution      9   +10
Dexterity      6   +5
Strength      9   +10
Intelligence      10   +15
Perception      4   -5
Power         8   +10
Willpower      8   +10

CREATION POINTS
Advantages: 
(1)  Ambidextrous
(2)  The Gift
(1)  Learner
(3)  Rapid Recovery of Magic

Disadvantages: 
(1)  Exclusive Weapon: Bastard Sword
(1)  Near Sighted
(2)  Slow Reactions

Life Points:      140/
Regeneration:   3
Fatigue:         10
Movement:      6(5 Armored)

INITIATIVE:  Weapon -20

RESISTANCES
DR:      +45
MR:      +55
PhR:      +45
VR:      +45
PR:      +45

COMBAT ABILITIES
Attack:      (40+5+10)   =+55
Dodge:         
Block:      (60+5+10)   =+75
Wear Armor:   (35+10)      =45

Modules:
--Magic Projection as Attack
--Magic Projection as Defense
--Starting Weapon Module: Bastard Sword
Art Magnus/Impossible Weapons:

Ki: 9 Strength , 6 Dexterity , 6 Agility , 11 Constitution , 9 Willpower , 9 Power . (30 Unified)
Ki Accumulation: 1 Strength , 1 Dexterity , 1 Agility , 1 Constitution , 2 Willpower , 1 Power .
MK (70//000)
Ki Abilities:
--Use of Ki
--Presence Extrusion
--Energy Armor
--Aura Extension

Ki Techniques:

SUPERNATURAL ABILITIES

Magical Projection: Attack and Defense
MA: 30
MA Multiples: x3
Regeneration Multiples: x3
Zeon: 200
Zeon Regeneration: 120
Magic Levels: (50) Air 30
Free Access Spells:
2-10   Cleanliness, Opening
12-20  Infinite Bag, Repair
22-30  Send Message, Speed
32-40   
42-50   
52-60   
62-70   
72-80   
82-90   
92-100   
Maintained Spells

Summon:   20 +10 +10   =+40
Control:   20 +10 +10   =+40
Bind:   20 +10 +10   =+40
Banish:   10 +10 +10   =+30

SECONDARY ABILITIES
10   Composure      5 +10 +20   =+35
10   Feats of Strength   5 +30 +0   =+35

10   Appraisal      5 +15 +20   =+40
10   Magic Appraisal   5 +15 +20   =+40
10   Occult         5 +45 +20 +10   =+80

10   Style         5 +10 +20   =+35

0/0 +10s Used
0/0 Physical Multipliers
0/0 Mental Multipliers

EQUIPMENT

Weapon (Weapon Base): Bastard SwordX2
+50 Attack//+75 Block || 70 Damage/-0 Armor || -30 Speed || 0 Req || Armor || Type || 0 Fort, 0 Break, 0 Presence ||

Armor (Armor Base): Breastplate
40 Armor Requirement || 15 Natural Penalty || 1 Movement Requirement || 0 Fortitude || 0 Presence || Cover || Type
4 Cut, 5 Impact, 4 Thrust, 1 Heat, 0 Elec, 1 Cold, 2 Energy

Helm (Helm Base): Casque
40 Armor Requirement || 15 Natural Penalty || 1 Movement Requirement || 0 Fortitude || 0 Presence || Cover || Type
4 Cut, 4 Impact, 3 Thrust, 2 Heat, 0 Elec, 3 Cold, 2 Energy
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Malixe

Hooray~! Lots coming together. Everyone with complete characters, feel free to post them

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=155342.0

There! Those without can post to and edit if they would like :3. Otherwise, we shall continue working!