Heart of the Catacombs (Anima Dungeon crawling RP)

Started by Malixe, October 14, 2012, 01:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malixe

This game will be played using the Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG system!

Set in the world of Eth, a planet which has been molded my supernatural forces and ancient unknown entities. Beneath it's surface lay hundreds of thousands of passageways, corridors, and hollows both natural and man-made. These places appear in every corner of the world, and within them are items of incredible worth and, more often than not, power. But beneath the surface is where the 'monsters' live. Bizarre and seemingly unnatural beings of every shape and size. The normal rules of nature and climate don't function as they do here. Tundra, forests, deserts, and mountains are separated by hair-thin borders and called "Territories". The mortal races of the world are strong, accustomed to fighting and skilled at discovering any little advantage they can to give them an edge on this hostile planet. In fact, there's quite a lot of wealth to be had, diving into the catacombs, fighting the ever-increasing flow of monsters, and searching for lost items and secrets beneath the surface.

Our characters will begin as a newly formed team of dungeon-delvers off in search of treasure and adventure and other glorious things, before being swept off into a mysterious conflict!

Your Co-DM will be Mr.Muse! Applaud!

For anyone who wishes to join and knows how to make a character, we'll begin at level 2, using the Core Exxet Rules, and the Limits to Abilities/Supernatural Abilities optional rules! For those purposes, this is a High Supernatural world.

For those who don't know exactly how to make a character, myself or Mr.Muse will be happy to assist you : D.

This system-driven RP will be in Non-Con Exotic.

Muse

Good morning everyone.  I'm very excited to get to play and assist with this game.  I hope we can intrest some good players.  Anima is a very exciting system. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Dingo

Muse informed me and I am somewhat interested. I've played Anima Beyond Fantasy for a little while, and failed at getting a steady group running more than once, but those things still make the game interesting to me.

Beyond the core book, is there anything else you're allowing ? (Btw, my suggestion would be to not do so)

As for character concepts, I tend to play males, and I hope that doesn't cause for a problem ?

Blinkin

I would be interested, but I know absolutely nothing about the system... never even heard of it. *sighs*
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Malixe

Welcome you guys! Welcomewelcomewelcome >w<.

Well, I'm technically allowing everything '^^. Though nothing beyond that book is required to make a character and be very interesting @w@. I'll also be glad to translate/provide individual sections of other books to people who might like to attempt it.

Hi Blinkin~! If you'd like to be taught, myself and Mr.Muse like this game a lot >:3. It would be fun. All the same, thank you for your interest!

Muse

The game was produced in Spain.  The concept was produced in spain as something of a mix between western heroic fantasy and Japanese animation.  I'm quite of it and will be happy to help anyone out. 

Character generation involves character classes, but they mostly serve to structure a point by system. 

There are a number of mundane themed character structures, from Warrior and Weapon Master, to Freelancer (jack of all trades or normal person falling into adventure) and ranger. 

There are also three forms of supernatural abilities--all using the core mechanic in slightly different ways to represent different themes. 
--Magic is capable of the most dramatic effects, but can also take time to build up, and longer to restore one's pool of "zeon" to fuel the spells. 
--Psychic powers don't have a pool, but will fatigue you if you fail to activate them.  In extreme situations, the fatigue can be sufficient to kill your character. 
--Ki is the least over the top, but still very dramatic with colorful themes, like combat techniques based on reflections in ice.  Like magic, the power comes out of a pool, but it recharges more quickly. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Malixe

Indeed ^^... It is a re~ally good thing Muse is here.

There are a few other methods of power as well.

Summoning can be the central focus of a character. Summoners are capable of doing a number of things. The most basic of which is summoning supernatural beings, and binding them to their will. They also have powers known as invocations, which are beings that when summoned will produce a single effect and then vanish.

Elan is another possibility. Technically, Elan means the synchronization of a character with a certain god. The more Elan you have with a specific god, the more of that god's abilities you may receive.

Dingo

I have two concepts in my head I'd like to play.

A Pure Summoner who doesn't specialize on any being in particular, and in 'alignment' (which the system doesn't have) is deep gray.

The other option is a Technician (or Tao) specifics not entirely clear yet.

Blinkin

I'm in conversation with Mr. Muse (He is bound to like that!) about character concepts. I have a broad idea that may be a little on the comic relief side of things, but as I know little about the system... well, actually none at all... I'm trying to hash out what works in the system/setting.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Malixe

Ouh oh =w=. Deep gray~.

Understood ^^. Both very well. Feel free to ask me about little aesthetic things too, I tend to be a open to using abilities in weird ways.

Well Anima is very versatile! Do tell me about it once yourself and Mr.Muse have your ideas. I am looking forward too them -w-.

Malixe

Hey Dingo~! (and any others who know stats <w<) We're thinking of playing the game with a 60 Point buy! Point for point, accept for the 10th stat point which costs 2.

Dingo

Btw, Malixe, before, when I said deep gray, that was in regard to black / white magic. Where black is magic purely for selfish use, and white is for the benefit of others. So not necessarily on an ethical alignment.

Also .. sixty points ... whoot.

Will work on both the summoner and the Ki User.

Muse

I'm currently trying a warrior/summoner build.  I think I might know what I'm doing.  ^_^;; 

Malixe

Oh oh oh~, I understand. It's not how he acts it's how his abilities are portrayed? @w@ Very well. Continues to be good!

It's okay~ XD. We're workin!

Blinkin

The broad character concept is a spunky little spitfire who's reasonably good at whatever she does (that's part of the conversation), but seems to have trouble staying out of trouble. If there's any possibility of finding something to get into, she'll be the one who stumbles into it. Trap to trip over, she'll trip over it... hole to fall into, she'll fall... Monster looking to molest, she'll end up being the girl molested... don't touch that button, she'll touch it... she may be the one that everyone has to keep pulling out of the fire. She's a little niave, perhaps mildly clueless and doesn't want to admit that she might actually enjoy the molesting part more than she should.

Basically, she's not a clutz, she just has a tendency to find herself in awkward situations because she's really eager to help out, or see what's around the corner... things like that. Muse has some ideas on how to work it out, but the concept may change a little in the process.

Hopes this doesn't drive anyone off or get me tossed out. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Malixe

No worries! Indeed there are plenty of ways to make a character like this, and it sounds like tons of fun~.

I have a present :3. It's a little character sheet. You need not put your characters in this format but I thought it might be nice =w=. Teletype keeps it organized too.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name:
Class:
Size:
Race:
Appearance:

Level -

CHARACTERISTICS
Willpower:          5 (+0)
Power:              5 (+0)
Agility:            5 (+0)
Perception:         5 (+0)
Constitution:       5 (+0)
Dexterity:          5 (+0)
Strength:           5 (+0)
Intelligence:       5 (+0)

CREATION POINTS

Life Points:
Regeneration:
Fatigue:
Movement:

INITIATIVE

+///

RESISTANCES
DR:    
MR:    
PhR:   
VR:   
PR:    

COMBAT ABILITIES

Attack:      
Dodge:       
Block:      
Wear Armor:   

Modules:
Art Magnus/Impossible Weapons:

Ki: 5 Strength , 5 Dexterity , 5 Agility , 5 Constitution , 5 Willpower , 5 Power . (30 Unified)
Ki Accumulacion: 1 Strength , 1 Dexterity , 1 Agility , 1 Constitution , 1 Willpower , 1 Power .
MK (000//000)
Ki Abilities:
Ki Techniques:

SUPERNATURAL ABILITIES

Magical Projection:
MA:
MA Multiples: x
Regeneration Multiples: x
Zeon:
Zeon Regeneration:
Magic Levels:
Free Access Spells:
2-10   
12-20   
22-30   
32-40   
42-50   
52-60   
62-70   
72-80   
82-90   
92-100   
Maintained Spells

Summon:
Control:
Bind:
Banish:

PSYCHIC ABILITIES

Psychic Projection:
Psychic Potential:
PP
(Free - )
(Powers - )
(Innate Slots -)
Psychic Powers:

SECONDARY ABILITIES

0/0 +10s Used
0/0 Physical Multipliers
0/0 Mental Multipliers

EQUIPMENT

Weapon (Weapon Base)
0 Attack//0 Block || 00 Damage/-0 Armor || +0 Speed || 0 Req || Armor || Type || 0 Fort, 0 Break, 0 Presence ||

Armor (Armor Base)
0 Armor Requirement || 0 Natural Penalty || 0 Movement Requirement || 0 Fortitude || 0 Presence || Cover || Type
0 Cut, 0 Impact, 0 Thrust, 0 Heat, 0 Elec, 0 Cold, 0 Energy

Warrior/Weaponmaster
Name: Arua Seras
Class: Weaponmaster
Size: 17
Race: Human
Appearance: 8

Level - 2

CHARACTERISTICS
Willpower:          7 (+5)
Power:              7 (+5)
Agility:            9 (+10)
Perception:         6 (+5)
Constitution:       10 (+15)
Dexterity:          9 (+10)
Strength:           7 (+5)
Intelligence:       6 (+5)

CREATION POINTS

Ambidextrous – 1
Natural Psychic Power: Energy Object Creation – 1
Untiring – 1

Life Points: 175
Regeneration: 3
Fatigue: 13
Movement: 7

INITIATIVE

+70/50/40/30/

RESISTANCES
DR:    50
MR:    40
PhR:   50
VR:   50
PR:    40

COMBAT ABILITIES

Attack:      90 (70+10+10)
Block:      90 (70+10+10)
Wear Armor:   55 (30+5+20)

Modules: Basic Weapon Module: Short Sword, Whole Weapon Module: Pole, Area Attack Module.
Art Magnus/Impossible Weapons:

Ki: 7 Strength , 9 Dexterity , 9 Agility , 10 Constitution , 7 Willpower , 7 Power . (49 Unified)
Ki Accumulation: 1 Strength , 1 Dexterity , 1 Agility , 2 Constitution , 1 Willpower , 1 Power .
MK (020//000)
Ki Abilities:
Ki Techniques:

SECONDARY ABILITIES

10/10 Used
2/2
2/2

Athletics: 40 (10+10+20)
Jump: 20 (10+10)
Swim: 20 (10+10)

Notice: 50 (20+10+20)
Search: 20 (10+10)

Occult: 25 (10+5+10)

Withstand Pain: 30 (25+5)
Feats of Strength: 40 (30+10)
Composure: 50 (45+5)

Sleight of Hand: 80 (30+30+20)
Style: 30 (10+5+10)

EQUIPMENT

Energy Short Sword (Short Sword)
90 Attack//90 Block || 80 Damage/-0 Armor || +10 Speed || 4 Req || Electricity || Short Arm || 12 Fort, 1 Break, 25 Presence ||

Weapon (Weapon Base)
0 Attack//0 Block || 00 Damage/-0 Armor || +0 Speed || 0 Req || Armor || Type || 0 Fort, 0 Break, 0 Presence ||

Weapon (Weapon Base)

Partial Plate (Partial Plate)
50 Armor Requirement || -20 Natural Penalty || 2 Movement Requirement || 15 Fortitude || 30 Presence || Cover || Type
4 Cut, 3 Impact, 2 Thrust, 3 Heat, 2 Elec, 2 Cold, 0 Energy

Mentalist/Psychic
Name: (Unnamed)
Class: Mentalist
Size: 14
Appearance:

Level - 3

CHARACTERISTICS
Willpower:          12 (+20)
Power:              3 (-10)
Agility:            8 (+10)
Perception:         6 (+5)
Constitution:       7 (+5)
Dexterity:          9 (+10)
Strength:           7 (+5)
Intelligence:       7 (+5)

CREATION POINTS

Willpower +1 – 1
Disquieting – 1
Blood of the Great Beasts – 2
Access to All Psychic Disciplines – 2

Susceptible to Magic – 1
Feeble – 1
-2 to Power – 1

Life Points: 110

INITIATIVE

+70///

RESISTANCES
DR:    55
MR:    15
PhR:   55
VR:   55
PR:    60

PSYCHIC ABILITIES

Psychic Projection: 110 (100+10)
Psychic Potential: 120
PP - 24
(Free – 0/1)
(Powers - 9)
(Potential - 10)
(Innate Slots - 4)
Psychic Powers: Sense Matrices, Hide Matrices, Psychokinesis; Psychokinetic Shield, Psychokinetic Armor, Minor Psychokinesis, Psychokinetic Impact, Psychokinetic Flight.
Innate Slots;
Psychokinetic Armor; 4 AT (+20)

SECONDARY ABILITIES

15/15 Used
3/3
3/3

Athleticism: 40 (10+10+20)
Acrobatics: 40 (10+10+20)
Jump: 25 (10+5+10)
Climb: 40 (10+10+20)
Swim: 20 (10+10)

Notice: 80 (40+20+20)
Search: 40 (10+10+20)

Occult: 25 (20+5)

Intimidation: 140 (50+60+30)
Style: 40 (30-10+20)

BLOODLINE

Physical Armor – 2 (20)
Damage Barrier – 60 (10)
Physical Resistance +10 (10)

EQUIPMENT

Weapon (Weapon Base)

Armored Longcoat (Armored Longcoat +5)
0 Armor Requirement || 0 Natural Penalty || 0 Movement Requirement || 0 Fortitude || 0 Presence || Cover || Type
2 Cut, 1 Impact, 3 Thrust, 2 Heat, 3 Elec, 3 Cold, 0 Energy
FINAL ARMOR
6 Cut, 5 Impact, 6 Thrust, 6 Heat, 6 Elec, 6 Cold, 0 Energy

Wizard/Magic
Name: (Unnamed)
Class: Wizard
Size: 11
Appearance: 8

Level - 1

CHARACTERISTICS
Willpower:          7 (+5)
Power:              9 (+10)
Agility:            9 (+10)
Perception:         9 (+10)
Constitution:       7 (+5)
Dexterity:          6 (+5)
Strength:           4 (-5)
Intelligence:       9 (+10)

CREATION POINTS

The Gift – 2
Superior Magical Recovery – 1
Immunity to Pain and Fatigue – 1
Psychic Immunity – 1

Susceptible to Magic – 1
Feeble – 1

Life Points: 100

INITIATIVE

+60///

RESISTANCES
DR:    35
MR:    25
PhR:   35
VR:   35
PR:    35

COMBAT ABILITIES

Dodge:      75 (65+10)

SUPERNATURAL ABILITIES

Magical Projection: 100/40 (65+5)

MA: 30
Ma Multiples: x2
Zeon: 470
Magic Levels: 40 in Destruction

Free Access Spells
Stop Fall
Inhumanity
Levitation
Resistance to Pain

Maintained Spells
Resistance to Pain (+100) - 10

Base Regeneration: 60
Maintained Spells: 10
Final Regeneration: 50

SECONDARY ABILITIES

5/5 Used
1/1 Used
1/1 Used

Notice: 40 (10+20+10)
Search: 30 (10+10)

History: 20 (10+10)
Magic Appraisal: 50 (30+10+10)
Occult: 50 (15+20+5+10)
Memorize: 30 (10+10+10)
Medicine: 30 (10+10+10)
Science: 20 (10+10)

Composure: 80 (5+5+10+60)
Withstand Pain: 120 (5+5+10+100)

Thorn14

Malixe

Well we're very willing to teach! ^^ And help make characters, and stuff.

Teo Torriatte

Is there room for another player? I don't know the system, either, but I would love to learn it.

I've played the card game, which is why the subject title caught my eye, although I imagine there is a world of difference between the card game and what seems to be a full-on rpg. Still, I would love to learn it, and I would be willing to make whatever kind of character might still be needed.

Malixe

I think one more would fit the party snugly ^^. Beyond this I think recruitment will be closed though! *Claps* Ya~y, we'll see how everybody likes it.

Muse

Luna-chan, the Anima card game has a lot to do with the core setting--Gaia--and only soemthing to do with the Roll ?Playing Game.  BUt I tihnk you'll like it. 

What kinds of characters do you like playing?  Is there anything in the card game that particularly appealed to you? 

Sethala

Ah, pity, seems I stumbled across this topic a little late...

I'm familiar with the card game and know a little of the miniatures game, but I haven't tried out the RPG at all yet, so I'd also have to learn from scratch.

If a slot opens up though, I'd love to join.

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: Muse on October 15, 2012, 01:12:15 AM
   Luna-chan, the Anima card game has a lot to do with the core setting--Gaia--and only soemthing to do with the Roll ?Playing Game.  BUt I tihnk you'll like it. 

What kinds of characters do you like playing?  Is there anything in the card game that particularly appealed to you?

A lot of things appealed to me about the card game. The anime feel, the sense of adventure, fiddling with different powers and abilities.

As for kinds of characters I like playing, I tend to gravitate towards spell casters, but I have also been known to play rogues and monks. I would love to play some kind of character with some roguish abilities, and some ki abilities, if such a character would fit in. I'm flexible, though, and would be willing to play just about anything that was needed, since I joined after the others.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest to join, altough I have no clue of the system at all :P. So can you generate charsheet if I give details what concept I had in mind?

Blinkin

Hi Al:

Ok, I've settled on a mentalist for the character class. Muse is going to generate the character based on my concept and what we've worked out... Just watch where she steps; trouble won't be far behind. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.