Fantasy duels (freeform fight club style RP)

Started by elfguy, October 10, 2012, 12:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

Deep in the middle of a large valley, an ancient stone structure rises up from the ground. With round walls, the coliseum is far from other towns and cities, but people still decide to make the long trip to come here. That's because the Grand Arena is renown throughout the lands. This is where champions from all races, whether they be humans, dwarves, elves or else, can come here to prove themselves. No one knows who built the place, but it has the unique property of having a strong magical field around it, preventing anyone outside the field from interfering with what happens inside the arena floor. This field also prevent death, instead automatically porting out anyone dieing inside the arena, to the entrance gate.

The owner of the Grand Arena, and host of these games, is Fael V'Rakiela, an elven warrior who discovered the place as a young elf and decided to make it famous again. The rules she set are simple. Everyone is welcomed to come and watch the fights, and anyone can challenge someone else. If they accept, the two fighters can step into the ring and prove themselves. The only prize is honor, which is not a small thing, since the outer ring is always filled with people from across the land, and word spreads quickly when someone proves themselves a strong fighter. While most fights are one versus one, more people can also decide to fight as a group, but Fael insist that all fights be fair.

Because everyone knows that as soon as someone dies in the arena, they are instantly revived at the gate by the magical field, it led participants to try and humiliate their opponent rather than simply killing them. This can be done physically, by torturing them, or sexually, by raping them openly, in front of all the spectators. This often brings the most cheers from onlookers. Either way, as soon as one of the parties dies, the fight is over, and the arena is free for others to go in. The cycle starts again, with more people trying to show themselves as the greatest fighter to ever live.

So for this RP my idea is to have an ever evolving facility composed of the outer ring, where people can chat, cheer fighters, eat and drink, and the arena floor, where they can go and fight. A fight could end in a simple death, although I think it's far more interesting to have the fighters try to humiliate others, through physical or sexual means. I picked freeform because I think it's more interesting for the players to play out their character's performance, rather than letting a dice do it. I decided on a single thread for both the outer ring and the arena floor to allow people not currently fighting to comment on the ongoing fight. Please start each post with your current location.

The arena floor can handle only one match at a time, with other players able to prepare for their own matches in the mean time, or cheer the fighters, comment on their performances, and so on. Before a match, players should use the OOC thread to decide amongst themselves who will win and who will lose the match. This has to be done before the match start. You can decide amongst yourselves or roll a dice. Also, since this can easily include NC situations, along with some extreme actions, and the thread is in the EX forum, players should use the OOC thread to see what their limits are. Player limits should always be respected during fights. Feel free to join even if you don't want to participate in extreme fights. Fighters can be of any gender and mixed fights are encouraged.

To join in, simply fill up the following character sheet and head on over to the threads. My character is also available for chats and duels so that no one feels left alone.

OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154668.0
IC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154667.msg7059131#msg7059131

Image:

Name:

Race: (human, elf, dwarf, or anything that would fit a high fantasy setting.. no demon, alien, god being or angel)

Equipment: (everything they can use during combat, including any hidden weapon they may have)

Skills: (sword combat, magic, etc.. be descriptive)

Bio:

Offs: (these are the things you don't want done to your character during a fight)
----

elfguy

Image:

Name: Fael

Race: High elf

Equipment: She has an impressive looking armor set, very strong but which doesn't cover much, along with an enchanted sword. Her sword has magical properties which allows every hit to poison her enemies, slowing their movements down and incapacitating them. She also has a sharp knife sheltered against one of her boots.

Skills: As a warrior, Fael is very strong and agile, and a master of melee combat. She can strike hard, deadly blows, and use her armor to deflect attacks. She also has the ability to sprint and jump fairly high to close in distances between her and her enemies. However, she has no magical abilities at all, nor can she heal herself or her wounds.

Bio: Fael was a young elf when she discovered the Grand Arena. As an aspiring warrior, she decided to take the place over and open it up again, bringing it back to its ancient glory. Quickly, fighters from around the kingdom started hearing about it and came to this place, to prove themselves in battle. As the default hostess of the games, she got to meet many legendary figures, and watch them fight, learning a lot in the process. She loves to chat with aspiring champions, and face them in battle herself. She is a very honorable girl and likes to see fair fights, but she also has a fairly perverted side as well, which is why she cheers on when fights get nasty. When it's her turn to be on the arena floor, she has no issue with humiliating her enemies as much as she can, taking pleasure in abusing them, but in her mind this is all done in good fun, even though it may not seem that way to her foes. At only 226 years old, which makes her around 22 in human years, she already has a fairly impressive score board, having lost only a dozen times, and won many more fights.

Offs: futa, dismemberment.
----

AurelieCatena

Count me as interested. I just don't have the time right now to come up with a character, but this is definitely something I'm enjoying.

LeSane

Count me in. I will make a profile later though so be forewarned.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Notadrywall

I'm also interested, assuming we get the numbers

elfguy

The threads are up in the original post. Simply post a character and head on over. We don't really need any particular number of people, since duels can be done with just two. People can come and go as they please and it should always work.
----

swordwind

Well I'll toss my hat into the ring. Figure I need to get some fight writing done here. It has been awhile. Also question. While the fights are going how does one score a blow? I take the hit your doing or self-inflict it on the series of blows given to me?

elfguy

You RP the fight yourself, according to your character's abilities, which is why people need to determine the outcome of the fight first.
----